E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 10/30/2010 3:23:00 PM

I love this pen!!! It is def my HG. It is not waterproof and comes off if you rub it with water lol...but i dont go around doing that. It is so easy to apply and pretty precise. It is a dark black and I am on my second one since i left the cap off the first one and it dried out : (

on 10/20/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ok so i bought this from zellers, and i came with another eyeliner pen, and a shimmering liner. As soon as i bought it, i swatched it, and it looked like black paint mixed with water. so i hated that. but after a while i just ran it back a forth on the back of my hand and the colour started to show a litter better. I actually used it on my eyes, and its really great, it does stay on and doesnt smudge. The bad this about this product, is that the cap does not stay on well. Also if the colour does not show up, turn the liner on its cap, so the liquid can go through the end.

on 10/17/2010 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Loved the low price and wanted to try out a purple eyeliner so I purchased Plum. Unfortunately the color that shows up looks more like a black sharpie pen, but it is very easy to use if you like a precise, dark line. It smudges if I fall asleep with it on so I don't know exactly about its waterproof claim.

on 10/17/2010 12:58:00 PM

Ok, I bought this just to try it since it was only $1, and its not too bad!

Pros:
- Has good staying power
- Cheap
- Best for doing just liner without a shadow underneath (not something I usually do)

Cons:
- Not as dark and richly colored as I would like (I have to go over it twice, but not a huge deal)
- Sort of like drawing on myself with a Sharpie, hah!

At first, I thought this was crap, but THEN I pulled it out to use when doing a really complicated look that required precise liner. I didn't want gel or liquid or a pencil because I needed fine lines. This actually did a really good job and went on over shadow well. It stayed put all day.

I will repurchase!!!

on 10/14/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Last not more than 5 usage and this pen dried up completely in less than 2 weeks. Although it's cheap, it's not worth getting. It is not completely smudge proof on my eyes and did stain my eye area near lower eyelids. It may have worked well for others and I really hope it works for me but too bad it didn't, I won't buy again.

on 10/12/2010 9:19:00 AM

Guess I got one of the duds. My pen was brilliant for the first couple of uses - not BLACK black, but acceptable - but after that it dried up a bit and just isn't worth using now. It was stored upside-down with the cap tightly on. To be honest, it wasn't that great even for the first couple of uses - a bit pale and rubbed off easily.
It costs 1.50 in the UK, so that was 75p per use. Won't be buying this again. ELF's Studio cream eyeliner is brilliant though, so I'll just use that instead :-)

I have bought this product many times and only had one that came dried out. It's decent odds, but always order two, haha.

As far as eyeliner, they changed the formula in the last six months (ish), and have made it better. As long as the pen isn't dried out, it goes on well and looks great. And it lasts and doesn't budge until the end of the day when you have to fight it to remove it.

I feel like using a primer helps with this product.

on 10/7/2010 9:09:00 AM

This sucks. Right to the core. I love E.L.F. but this is one of their worst products ever!! I didn't even get to experience the liner because when I received it, the tip was bended slightly and everything was dried up so there was no product at all. It went into the bin instantly.

on 10/6/2010 7:55:00 PM

Didn't work for me. This eyeliner smudged after 15 minutes. I also had a hard time getting a smooth, even line.

on 10/1/2010 3:57:00 PM

I just started using this product, so I cannot comment on how quickly the pen dries out. I hope its not too fast because I really like this liner. I usually use cake eyeliner and I am reasonably fast at it, but sometimes I just want to apply it with no mixing. This does the job for me. It goes on easily and smoothly, the felt pen is sized good, and the eyeliner lasts all day. I did have to work harder to carefully remove this as I do not like to pull on the eye area. I am using Clinique Take the Day Off, so maybe something else would work better. I bought it in black, but next time I order will see what else is available.