August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by vmtorres46

I decided to try this foundation out. Out of all of the foundations by MAC this is the BEST choice! It give a flawless satinfinish. Medium coverage but is buildable. I personally like a lighter foundation. This lasts me all day even when a cheapy primer. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by icyuhjocknjz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the best foundation i have ever used ! it gives you a nice dewy look and it looks more natural other than the studio fix fluid which makes you look like your wearing a mask and is quite heavy on your face. this product is definitely worth the money and it lasts for quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kendra0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this foundation rather than the other MAC foundations b/c it gives you a more natural look, it also blends in perfectly and gives a bit of glow, which is why i love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

I've been using this foundation for about two years, am on my second bottle currently (they last forever!) I like how easy this is to apply with a sponge and the colour (im the palest of all pale). The only odd thing is that some days its great coverage and then somedays you can see everything through the foundation, which is really weird. It also smells like play doh ( thought I shouldd add that). Im sure I'll repurchase one day, I just got the studio sculpt one that I haven't worn yet, so im gonna update later on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by batcavity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use MAC Studio Fix for daytime use but for going out, I always choose Satinfinish (NC15). For flawless, glowing skin, I use this foundation with a 190 foundation brush, Select Moisturecover, and Mineralized Skinfinish/Natural. The combination is perfect for Satinfinish. I am not skilled at all with liquid foundation since I normally use powder but this foundation is easy enough to use, especially in tandem with a makeup sponge just to even it out. The coverage is buildable, sheer to medium. I usually need just two squirts for my whole face.

Every time I go out, I find myself looking in the mirror to check it out. It's always perfect and still dewy-looking. At the end of a long night, I do wish I could touch it up but it's usually nothing major, no oily look or caking.

One thing to note, powder for this foundation is absolutely required. If you don't set it, it will oxidize and you'll turn orange. As long as you set it though, you'll have no problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nokh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first tried this out as a sample and then decided to buy it because Ive fallen in love with it!
    I use roughly about 1-2 squirts, using a stippling brush, and it gives my face such a nice soft luminous look, i love it :D the overall finish is dewy perfect for me because my skin is dry, the coverage is light, heavier than Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser, but lighter than most foundations. It wouldnt be much help if you were trying to go for coverage but if you want a light, glowing look this is it, and it makes me look flawless which, again i just love :D
    the only thing that would annoy me is that it doesnt last as long as say Mac's studio fix, and i have to do touch-ups,which would be okay but its £19 odd pound a bottle! Ive not tried putting powder on top since i try to avoid it but it could help maybe?
    Great product, wold def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by laury2988

Love this foundation! I use my MAC 187 brush to apply it and I only need two squirts for my whole face as it glides on so beautifully. It doesn't really provide a high coverage (looks lovely and natural) but does a very good job at evening out my blotchy red skintone which is what I wanted. It's very light and doesn't leave the 'clogged' feeling that a lot of foundations do...it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation! The finish is nice, too - radiant and dewy. Definitely sticking to this foundation for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I like that it's oil-free and mineral based. I first purchased this because they were out of Hyper Real when I went to repurchase, and the MA recommended this instead. I love the pump packaging that is lockable. It limits waste and is great for travel. It is a smooth satin finish with light reflecting pigment. It makes me look glowing, with light to medium coverage. I love it!!! I know that a lot of people say that MAC breaks people out, but I find that if you remove it and cleanse really well, no problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Seronda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color was to light although darkest shade it came in NW45, looked good in the evening but had to much shine in the day. But most important made pimples pop up. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by apbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the finish on this... it's so dewy and seems to have a bit of glitter for some summery shine. It just turned really noticeably orange and dark on me :( If you like a matte finish, steer clear.