Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/28/2005 11:58:00 AM

Great, great, GREATEST thing to ever be invented since sliced bread. Excellent for your skin while you take a bath, the best make-up remover I've come across, one of the most versatile and cheapest things I've bought... Definately will buy again, forever.

Also, I just noticed its healing effects on dry lips. My lips weren't cracking, or exactly "dry" persay, but they had a stretched and almost wrinkled appearance. Two days of oil instead of lipchap and BAM! Beautiful, soft, babysmooth lips.

on 3/5/2005 7:59:00 PM

Classic skin-softener, and it makes your legs get that celebrity-shine thing going in the summer time.

Very inexpensive with lots of uses. It can be used as a eye makeup remover, it can be use to shave your legs, to de-frizz ends, can be mixed with body shimmer for an extra nice sheen, I like to put a few capfuls to my running bath water for soft skin, and it can also be used as a regular moisturizer for a glow. Over all this product is universal and should be in every diva's shower.

on 3/3/2005 10:25:00 PM

Every girl should have a bottle of this at home. It has so many uses, its really just a good product. After my legs have soaked in the shower a bit, I use this as a shaving gel, my razor glides smoothly with no nicks or cuts and my legs feel like silk afterwords. A few times I have used this to remove my eye makeup and it works gently and removes all of my makeup. And every morning before i leave, I use a small minimal amount to groom my eyebrows. Try it and review. If you find any more uses for it make sure you post them!

EDIT: I have always debated the mineral oil in the product. I now use olive oil and it works just as well. Try it!

on 1/28/2005 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THE OIL IS ALL MADE OF MINERAL OIL I PREFERED THE 100% REAL OIL AND NOT PETROL .

on 1/26/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this as an eye makeup remover, works better than any expensive one I've ever bought. I also put it in the ends of my hair and pull it back, then I leave it in for a while or overnight. When I wash it out, my hair is pure silk. Also good used sparingly for flyaways. At about 2.50 a bottle, how can you beat this?

EDIT: I just cannot stand the smell of this stuff anymore! No!

on 12/5/2004 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So cheap and gets the job done. I put a thin layer over my shaving cream while shaving and it helps combat dryness and razor burn. But, watch out for the slippery shower floor after! Great for sensitive skin.Mineral Oil, Fragrance continued >>

on 11/28/2004 8:08:00 PM

Johnson's Baby Oil is just light mineral oil (YUCK!) with a fragrance. A fantastic fragrance true! But mineral oil is an inorganic substance and actually dries out skin - so this product will not moisturize of itself. It will help keep moisture in but it's not a good oil for the skin and cannot be absorbed. Leave it for the machinists. I think someone was looking for an unscented version - just buy light mineral oil.

There's so many other good and good-for-your-skin oils that work, and most nut or plant oils mixed with water on a cotton pad will remove makeup just as well. My girlfriend was always complaining about her dry itchy skin and how much baby oil she needed to use. When I told her it was probably the baby oil she switched to a hemp oil lotion and her dry skin immediately improved.

Friendlier oils for your skin are grape seed, apricot kernel, olive, sesame, jojoba, coconut, etc. I would not recommend this product.

on 9/24/2004 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

THE BEST eye makeup remover when mixed with water on a kleenex. I certainly will never use anything else--it'd be foolish especially when you can get a HUGE bottle inexpensively!

on 9/18/2004 5:12:00 PM

After using this for a while I realy felt I had to change my review on this product.
As a make up remover it works very well, effective and gentle. But as it does not sink in skin it just lays on your face after. So I do not believe it realy cleanes skin and you realy should remove it with warm cloth and use a good cleanser afterwards. I only use it for that purpose the few time I wear a lot of make up with a good cleanser afterwards. As a body lotion I think it only works well when your skin is moist after shower or bathing bc it does not add moisture but only seales it in.
The reason I give it 5 lippies is bc it solved my 'after waxing prob'. After waxing I always have a hard time to get of wax residu and my skin is always very red.
This oil realy solves both. It gently removes wax and after 1 hour the redness is gone. Great!

Popular Body Skincare Products