Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

Sorry to be the 'hater' here, but I didn't like this at all. The black color was hardly black on my tan skin, it looked more gray. I had to layer it about six times for it to show up as much as I like. It also smeared, but definitely not as much as Revlon Colorstay.

the good thing about this eyeliner is that it's very pigmented and the application is nice and smooth - sometimes hard to find with drugstore eyeliners. and it comes with a little sponge smudger at the bottom which is nice, soft, and cushiony - not hard and irritating like thos found on other eyeliner pencils with built-in smudgers. the bad thing: this had no staying power unless you smudge it, so it's good for a smokey eye. while i do use this liner, i will not repurchase because i don't reach for it very often, so it's pointless to buy more of the product.

on 11/5/2005 5:35:00 AM

I have this in Black Onyx. To be honest, I have had this particular eyeliner for well over 5 years as I do not wear eyeliner all the time. This is the best black eyeliner I have tried. I have no reason to stray to any other brand! It applies smoothly without tugging, there is no sharpening required, and the point is nice and small to give you precision. It's super blendable too. If I ever run out I'd re-purchase!

on 11/1/2005 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using these pencils for years and they are a staple in my m/u case. I always keep the Charcoal and the Expresso on hand for quick applications. It goes on smooth and the smudge tip on the bottom does a beautiful, controlable job of smudging the liner exactly how you want it. It is self sharpening and does not pull when you apply. It is one of those items that is inexpensive, that you can keep an in your bag for quick touch-ups and if you misplace it, you won't freak out. It is available in any drugstore, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., so it is easily replaced.

on 10/30/2005 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best eyeliner out there. I started using it the first year CG introduced it (has to be 15 years ago or so !!). Over the years I've tried other brands, including department store brands like Clinique and Lancome. I always go back to CG's Black Onyx. It's the best black shade - you can apply lightly and blend for an everyday daytime look or build the color for an unbelievable nighttime look. After reading some of the other reviews I have to add, I've never had trouble with it's application - it always goes on smoothly & easily. As far as this product not lasting, that's another one I find perplexing. Mine looks the same at night when I go to remove it as it did when I applied it. I've purchased this product so many times over the years and will continue to do so !!

on 10/29/2005 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is another product that I've used for years and always rebuy. I've used every color they make over the years, but my fave is espresso. They are soft and easy to apply. They make nice precise lines, but if you want to build it up, just keep swiping. I have never found them to be hard or draggy.

I bought charcoal and it's prefect for daytime wear. but I have to reaply a few times during the day.It wears off and I noticed that it smudges into the skin and makes me look like I have dark bags under my eyes.I think I will be going back to liquid liner.

on 10/19/2005 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

these are my fav. eyeliners... i don't spend money on any other brand.... The texture is smooth and the smuger on the bottom tip is perfect for... well smuging

on 10/17/2005 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Relatively inexpensive and SUPER easy to use. I would recommend this to someone just getting started with eyeliner. Glides right on without too much effort. The fact that you don't have to sharpen is also a plus, and I like the attached smudger. I have three colors, Black Onyx, Espresso, and Charcoal and up until recently I used them every day and repurchased a few times. But, I have moved on to MAC Fluidlines, as they have a much better staying power.

on 10/13/2005 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! I like the dark smokey dramatic look (I'm a rocker chick) I have this in black onyx and it's fantastic! You can draw a thin line if you want, it's very precise, but also you can smudge it with the smudger on the end of the eyeliner and get a cool smokey look. It's easy to do the upper eyelids with this, you know how sometimes you accidently draw a line that's too thick? well I don't with this one! You don't need to sharpen it and it lasts for a long time. Great! I am sure I will always use this one.