April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by loved

Don't understand the point of this. I don't see a difference at all. I don't see how this is a 'light' version of Photo Finish. I don't see any similarities whatsoever. At least the original smoothed out my skin and filled in wrinkles. This does go on smoothly but it practically disappears. I'm not going to waste my money on this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:07:00 AM More reviews by cowgurlbebop

I only have the small version of this, as I bought it specifically for my wedding and needed to make sure that if I had a bad reaction to it (it happens) that I didn't waste $32+.

Both me and my cousin found that it made my skin very soft & velvety. I think it makes a difference when I put on foundation or tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this everyday. It makes such a difference under foundation. It can be a little drying but if you have combo skin like me - that's a plus. Just make sure you exfoliate well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolute love this primer! This is much better than my Laura Mercier primer. I have dry combination skin, but this product still works for me, because I hate the greasy feeling of primers for normal/dry skin. It gives you a smooth matte finish - the perfect base for my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by gnappulina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying to find a good primer forever for my oily, acne-prone skin. I've tried Bare Escentuals, the regular (not light) Photo Finish by Smashbox, MUFE primer, and Laura Geller. All of those left me immensely disappointed.

I received a sample of this from Sephora and gave it a shot. I noticed it doesn't seem to have the heavy silicone feel that the regular Photo Finish primer does, which was a bonus. It absorbs much more quickly than other primers. This product definitely makes my make-up stay on longer and look better longer, which is quite a feat on my acne prone greasy face. I still sometimes get foundation gathering in my smile lines, but I haven't figured out if that's because I'm putting on too much foundation or not.

It doesn't seem to be breaking me out more, which was a problem with other primers. I've only been using this for two weeks, so I'll update again after another month or so to provide a better evaluation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by xxpuppetxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

didnt control the oil on my face either.
im starting to give up on primers and stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by lastaats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this primer! I have oily skin and use Bare Minerals foundation. This Smashbox primer really helps my makeup last all day. I ran out and had to go a few days without and my makeup seriously melted off after just a few hours. I'm so impressed at how well this works at making my skin feel super smooth and soft. It's a little pricey but it goes a long way. I like it better than the original Photo Finish as it seemed heavy on my skin. My only complaint is the packaging...it's hard to get the last bit out of that bottle!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

i thought this was pretty good! i read all the bad reviews before i used my sample, so i wasn't expecting much. but this did pleasantly surprise me. this is like a lotion in texture, feels nice though not as nice as the original, and it doesn't make my skin look quite as nice as the original, in my opinion. but what i liked was it did help get the oilies at bay. not totally gone for the day but definitely a decrease in oil. so, overall i thought it was pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

I think this works well. I used it both as an oil-control product on days that I don't wear makeup, and well as under cream to powder foundation. I think it works very well as both. My face is still shiny by the end of the day, but not as much. No breakouts either.

I hate the price, but I am assured that it will last a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lexiekylee

I actually really like this. I've been using this for a year now and it doesn't irritate my oily/acne prone skin at all. It leaves a nice matte finish and doesnít cause breakouts like most primers Iíve tried. Itís a little pricey but one bottle will last awhile. This is a great primer for my skin type.