January 26, 2015 | 1031 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by tigerkim345

great stuff, it really smooths out my skin and my friend complimented how soft my skin looked :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by vampyre

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't use the other smashbox primers due to an allergy and in theory this product isn't the one for dry skin like mine. However I absolutely love it! It gives a lovely velvety texture to my skin and provides an excellent makeup base. Really pleased to have found this works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by manduhzsecret

Its a good primer for now. I wouldn't say its the best and I will still be searching for the best primer after I finish this one. I bought this because the normal photo finish primer was to oily for me this definitely wasn't oily at all it just smoothed out my skin but Im not like amazed so I might try something different after I finished the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by momo0604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

if you are very oily around your t zone area, this product alone is not enough. I used this product alone before i discovered anti-shine, and my t zone is still shinning after an hour of putting on my makeup. this product and anti-shine together work much better. i already purchased a second bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by michellesuzanne

This product made me breakout so badly. I stopped using it and the acne cleared right up. It does not seem to make that much of a difference in the look or feel of makeup either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

Very impressed with this so far. Will have to see how it holds up in the summer though.

It's light, non-greasy, and does that it says. I was skeptical but bout it at the advice of the BE gal at my Ulta. I'm glad I did.

Everything irritates my skin so I'm surprised I can use this, but I can.

Wish it was less expensive. I hope the bottle lasts a long time (I think it will and I don't wear MU every day) because I can't afford to drop that much very often.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SageWisdom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Primer. Years ago I tried the Original Primer it gave my Combination/ Oily skin such horrible results. Primer Light works well w/ my skin type coupled with the FX Foundation. I've also tried it w/ some left over Bobbi Brown Foundation stick which gave same results... even coverage. Not sure if I would use this w/ BE's Mineral Makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kikblanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin that tends to break out if I don't use the right products. After reading so many reviews about how primers improve the look of your makeup and control oil, I decided I just had to try it! I started doing some research and pretty much came to the conclusion that the best primers were known to cause breakouts in people with fickle skin. I read awesome reviews about Smashbox Photo Finish, so I was very excited when I was in Sephora one day and saw that they had a "light" version for people with oily/acne prone skin. Of course, I didn't purchase until I checked out the reviews here. After reading many positive reviews from people with skin like mine, I went on ebay and got a full-size bottle for $24 including shipping.

I have been using this for over 2 months now and can say with confidence that it has not caused any breakouts. In fact, if I use foundation (I use Revlon Colorstay) without using the primer first, I notice that my pores are more clogged at the end of the day when I remove the makeup. It definitely leaves a nicer finish and does control some oil. This is in no way a miracle. I'm sure the regular Photo Finish is much better, but for those who don't want to risk breakouts, this is definitely a good option. Do not buy it at Sephora though, there are some better deals on ebay.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

This stuff is not very good at all. I used it for a month and it made my skin congested. My pores became enlarged, and I began to have small breakouts, and it just made my skin look unclear and uneven.

This product does a good job of creating a canvas for makeup application, but it does more harm to the skin than benefit it. Dr. Brant Pores No More actually covers the pores so that your skin looks flawless....this product does not fill in lines, pores or wrinkles so your skin pretty much looks the same without it - except that it keeps ur makeup on a bit longer. In my opinion, makeup and primers shouldn't harm the skin, or just cover things up - they should also help your skin in the process. This does the opposite.

I really don't get the hype with this product. Pores no more is MUCH better and actually HELPS your skin with the medical grade ingredients.

Covering up pores - 0/10
creating a smooth canvas - 5/10
keeping makeup on longer - 3/10
ruining your skin - 10/10

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by natablue

I bought this product yesterday in the .5oz size because I wanted to try it out before my wedding, and I didn't want to buy the full sized product. I'm glad I didn't.
I had heard such great things about it, and made sure to read reviews before I purchased it.
Well, I used it for the first time today, and I am immediately taking it back.
While the texture of the primer is good, as soon as I put it on my face I could feel my skin drying out, as if all the moisture was getting sucked right out of it. When I put on my Studio Fix, dry patches I didn't even know I had appeared all over, even though I had exfoliated today. My face looks like a giant flaky mess.
This is awful. I can't wait to return it and get my money back. I am never buying again.