Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 4/6/2009 1:31:00 AM

i tried to finish up this primer, im half way through now, but don't think i can stick to it anymore. this has done nothing to provide a smooth base or control oil, the texture is kind of silicone-feel and buttery, but does not moisturize neither. my bottle is probably going to the bin.

on 4/2/2009 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product worked really well for me but then I read a thread on specktra about it making people look lighter and so I tried another primer and realized that that's exactly what it was doing to me! All this time I thought I was that pale!

on 3/31/2009 1:31:00 PM

I've struggled with oily skin my entire life so I know that regardless of what a product claims to do nothing is ever going to be an end-all perfect product. This product is no exception. HOWEVER, it works better than anything else I've tried.

Although I still need to do touchups every so often I can tell that this product has significantly reduced the oil on my face. When I go to do touchups now they're minor. Before when I used to do touchups I felt like I should just do my makeup over again- it was that bad.

The bottle has also been designed so a small panel pushes the product up, so there is little to no waste. It's wonderful. Like I said before, it's not perfect but with oily skin nothing ever is. So don't expect the shine to completely vanish but expect it to be significantly reduced.

It is expensive but well worth it and it lasts a long time. Will be repurchasing!

on 3/29/2009 3:18:00 AM

I was in need of a primer that would work with my oily skin and this was the most useless product I have ever purchased. I heard good reviews about this and was finally convinced to buy it but it personally did no good for me. It is really light on the skin but that might have been the problem - it did nothing at all! To make matters worse, it's expensive. Definitely not worth it.

on 3/28/2009 5:10:00 PM

I chose this primer over the normal due to my oily skin, although I'm going more combination now. It mattifies my skin really nicely. I tested by putting an illuminator on my hand and then putting the primer over it, and I couldn't even tell that I had used the illuminator. It has made my foundation last longer than my former primer (Lumene) and goes on better, with no weird pieces falling off it's applied too heavily in one area. It doesn't make my foundation go on much smoother than other primers I've used, I can't tell a difference. There's a somewhat strange smell to this product. This isn't an outstanding primer but it's a somewhat pricey, nice, lightweight base that does make a noticible difference.

on 3/27/2009 12:18:00 PM

This is a great product for oily skin. When used with Halo it will leave your skin feeling great. My skin has never felt so healthy and it looks better too. I've been using both for almost two months and my skin just glows. I have very irritable skin and have been thrilled with Smashbox!
Edited to add more praise! Today (April 1st, 2009) I tried a new moisturiser so I completely forgot my Photofinish! Ewww! I can see lines I haven't seen since I started using this. I don't understand the negative reviews. I can see a HUGE difference and can't wait to use it again tomorrow.

on 3/26/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not impressed with this product what so ever. This does not help control the shine on my face. This did make my skin feel smoother. So I'm fifty fifty on this one =/

on 3/22/2009 11:09:00 PM

it's a good thing i asked for a sample of this at sephora. i heard so much talk about this and thought i'd give it a try. i wasn't too fond of this. it didn't live up to its standards. my foundation didn't last any longer than it would have if i didn't use this primer. i have many acne scars that i hoped this would help make the concealer/powder last over them. but my foundation still faded by the end of the day. i'm definitely going to try out mac's prep and prime

on 3/20/2009 10:36:00 PM

I started using this almost two months ago and it has changed the way I see myself! I have stupid scars along my smile lines that I hate and this product really helps fill them in and blend them. I was using Bare Minerals but I found it came off too easily with my oily skin. After trying this, I checked out Halo Hydrating Powder and was hooked on both! My skin looks so much better. I find the primer protects your skin from the harsh pollutants in the world. I find my skin tone has really improved with the two Smashbox products.

on 3/13/2009 8:20:00 PM

This is my HG face product - I don't leave the house without it! First I apply my day face cream (with SPF) and then I apply this, and before it "sets" I apply my foundation with a foundation brush. My pores look so much smaller and my skin looks so smooth. I find that this product not only allows foundation/blush/highlighter to apply more smoothly but it also keeps them put all day long.

I have also tried this product in the "corrective" green formula but IMO I did not notice much of a difference. You really only need a small amount of this primer, and when applied in a thin layer the green is not concentrated enough to visibly reduce redness.

Additonally, I have tried the CoverFX primer, the QUO primer, the GOSH primer and the Revlon primer, and none work as well as this one.

I will buy over and over and over again!