July 30, 2014 | 2056 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

This stuff is not very good at all. I used it for a month and it made my skin congested. My pores became enlarged, and I began to have small breakouts, and it just made my skin look unclear and uneven.

This product does a good job of creating a canvas for makeup application, but it does more harm to the skin than benefit it. Dr. Brant Pores No More actually covers the pores so that your skin looks flawless....this product does not fill in lines, pores or wrinkles so your skin pretty much looks the same without it - except that it keeps ur makeup on a bit longer. In my opinion, makeup and primers shouldn't harm the skin, or just cover things up - they should also help your skin in the process. This does the opposite.

I really don't get the hype with this product. Pores no more is MUCH better and actually HELPS your skin with the medical grade ingredients.

Covering up pores - 0/10
creating a smooth canvas - 5/10
keeping makeup on longer - 3/10
ruining your skin - 10/10

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by natablue

I bought this product yesterday in the .5oz size because I wanted to try it out before my wedding, and I didn't want to buy the full sized product. I'm glad I didn't.
I had heard such great things about it, and made sure to read reviews before I purchased it.
Well, I used it for the first time today, and I am immediately taking it back.
While the texture of the primer is good, as soon as I put it on my face I could feel my skin drying out, as if all the moisture was getting sucked right out of it. When I put on my Studio Fix, dry patches I didn't even know I had appeared all over, even though I had exfoliated today. My face looks like a giant flaky mess.
This is awful. I can't wait to return it and get my money back. I am never buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lvc80

I bought this product after reading a review on it stating that it was "great" for oily skin. Well, maybe for some people but not for me. I didn't notice any difference as far as it helping my makeup stay put and I felt even more oily then I normally do. I don't see any benefit in using this unless you have dry/normal skin. For someone with acne prone/oily skin this made it worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cksa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had an event to go to and I didn't want to blind anyone with the fabulous shine of my ultra-greasy Chinese skin (or have to worry about my face, period). Lo and behold, I had a sample of this that I got for Christmas lying around--I'm usually pretty careful about what I put on my face as it's a bit acne-prone, but the "light" version of Smashbox's Photo Primer sounded like it would fit the bill. It made my skin feel very smooth after I let it sink in for a minute or so, my foundation went on nicely, and I had just the tiniest bit of shine when the event ended seven hours after I first put my makeup on. Let me tell you, that's pretty good oil control for me! No oil blotting required! At first, I thought I had a decent product to consider for future events. But after taking everything off at the end of the day, I discovered that I had a group of small "whitehead" pimples arcing across my forehead, which was odd because my forehead has been very good about not breaking out for about six months now. Not cool. I'm guessing it was the Photo Primer, since I didn't do anything different to my face that night. No matter how much I'd like to hide the disco ball shine of my forehead, it's just not worth it if I wind up with a breakout. So despite how nice it made my skin look, no, I wouldn't buy this (ever or again).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this primer thinking it would be less greasy. It's like if I didn't add primer. Doesn't help my makeup. Doesn't fill in pores. Won't buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

I received this in a swap... I really don't see the point in this one. I own the regular one and this one and basically i think the light is just like putting baby lotion on your skin... not sure if it really fills in proes very well or anything... I'm gonna try it a couple more times to see what happens... we'll see.

UPDATE!!!
2 days after appliying... MY FACE BROKE OUT SO BAD!!!!!! Up for swap it goes... Bummer!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never really saw the value in a foundation primer before, though I swear by UDPP. When I finally caved and bought PF-Light by Smashbox, I understood the hype.

I have sensitive skin, that breaks out during PMS/Time of the month woes. Not horribly, but definately two-three pimples per month. Just came off PMS/TOTM, and have been using it for 2 weeks. I use MAC's Studio Fix foundation compact which also tends to clog skin/break people out. I haven't broken out once. My skin has greatly improved by using this primer underneath SF.

My main skin woe besides sensitivity is redness. While this doesn't do anything whatsoever to even out my skin tone, it does provide a great, non-sticky base for my foundation. I would love to try one of the colour correcting ones, but even those felt a bit too heavy. [Hint: Smashbox. Color Adjust Green in a Light version - get on it!] The first day I wore it, my mother commented on how natural my make-up and skin looked.

The packaging is pretty mediocre. To it's advantage, the pump keeps the application sanitary. It's also got a clean feeling that the regular PF [judging by testing] does not. The price though is a bit steep, though it is worth it to be able to use make-up and not have that "OMIGAWD. I'm going to break out!" feeling. I also find 1 pump is not enough for me - I'm at around 1.5, but maybe I just have a chubby face.

I took off one lippy for the price, the packaging quality, and the fact that it doesn't do that much to even out skintone. Not anymore than a regular moisturizer, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the silky texture of this primer. It helps foundation and concealer to glide on quite easily. It also seems to slightly even out my skin tone. However, the primer is quite expensive (about 36 dollars). I'm not quite sure if I notice enough of a difference when using the Smashbox primer to want to spend that much money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by loved

Don't understand the point of this. I don't see a difference at all. I don't see how this is a 'light' version of Photo Finish. I don't see any similarities whatsoever. At least the original smoothed out my skin and filled in wrinkles. This does go on smoothly but it practically disappears. I'm not going to waste my money on this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:07:00 AM More reviews by cowgurlbebop

I only have the small version of this, as I bought it specifically for my wedding and needed to make sure that if I had a bad reaction to it (it happens) that I didn't waste $32+.

Both me and my cousin found that it made my skin very soft & velvety. I think it makes a difference when I put on foundation or tinted moisturizer.