July 30, 2014 | 2164 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Tinzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive been doing this for a few nights now and it is so great. I use it in a bottle thats 99.9% lemon and it bought all my blackheads to the surface and my nose peel thing that usually never worked pulled out loads of them. It brings all the blemishes to the surface which eventually go away forever. Im using this everynight until my skin is completely clear then ill start using it every third night.
I loveee it, it only cons is its drying which is worth it all you need is moisturiser. You dont wash it off either its like a toner. Oh and another con is it stings like really badn but that goes away after a few seconds, definately HG
its worth a try since its cheap considering the results.
UPDATE: After a while of using it i found its made me break out too much, ill probably only use it when im prepping to use a pore strip. ill try it again in a few months

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This does wonders for my skin! I use it with salt as a scrub 2-3 times a week. My acne is loads better and my skin has a glow to it. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to dilute it with water.
Note: you MUST MUST MUST use sunscreen if you use lemon juice for skincare.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bellastellae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aww.... I'm so sad that this didn't work for me! :( How is this working for everyone else?? I currently have light/moderate acne, and I used to have moderate/occasionally severe acne, which has left me with a lot of light scars all over my face. I also have blotchiness/redness, very oily skin, and large pores. So, I thought I was the perfect candidate for lemon juice!

I used it four five consecutive nights. After washing my face, I squeezed drops of fresh lemon juice onto a cotton pad, and I wiped it all over my face. I left it on for 10-20 minutes, and then I lightly rinsed my face with water and went to bed.

Right after I applied the lemon juice, my face would get really red and blotchy, which is I thought was okay because I figured it would subside. And then I would see little pimples start to come to the surface, which I thought was just maybe an initial reaction to the stuff, and would also subside. But no, in the morning, my face still looked blotchy with little pimples (the intense redness subsided though, which is good), and my skin looked weathered, my pores looked bigger, and my scars looked more pronounced! The exact OPPOSITE effect of what this stuff is supposed to do! I decided to keep with it for a week to see if improvements would come, but after five days, I just had to stop because I was feeling very unhappy with my skin. I usually use Aqua Glycolic toner, and that stuff works 100 times better than lemon juice. It's a man-made product, and it costs $12/bottle, but for nice skin, it's worth it. When I stopped with the lemon juice and got back with AG toner, my skin improved immediately. Whew!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW,
After everything I've bought and used, and has failed to work on my horrible skin, the answer was laying in my fridge!!!! This works! My skin is brighter (I'm not kidding, I look wide awake, and I have this glow about me, and it's not because of an oily face!), acne is fading, new acne is very small and goes away in a snap, and it smells good, costs NOTHING!!!!, and I am hooked!
I never swear by a product, and this time, I am floored by a 50 cent lemon!!!! It sounds rediculous, but just try it.....nothing to lose people!!!

Jan 31st update:
OMG.....
Still in love! I use this morning and night! everyone cannot believe how glowy and acne-free my skin is. I always tell them what I use, and they laugh at first.....but then they try it, ans they're now hooked too!
I'm telling all you out there, THIS IS THE ANSWER TO PRAYERS!

Sept 25th 2010 update:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the amazing reviews on here I had to give it a go. I went to the supermarket to try and find it in a jug but they all had concentrate and preservatives in the ingrediants so I just bought 3 lemons to try first.

It is a little bit stingy/itchy for about 30 seconds but it disapears quickly and you soon know if you have broken skin! :) But its ok it doesn't sting for long.

I have used it 3 times as my toner so far and there is no need to exfoliate, my acne is getting smaller and smaller, the acne scars have faded a little and the redness from the acne is disappearing.

My partner has also been using it (im not too sure why lol) and he usually has dry flaky skin and the lemon has taken it down to zero (captain planet). He's loving it and i'm loving it.

I squeezed the juice into and just soak a cotton pad, squeeze the excess and rub on my face like toner.

UPDATE: A week down the track of using lemon juice as my toner, it made my acne crazy after temporarily making it better! Please becareful.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading a page of reviews, I HAD to try this as a toner! I soaked a cotton ball with lemon juice (just from a bottle) and rubbed it all over my face. I didn't get much stinging like some have described. Nothing big at all. My skin was nice and smooth. An hour later, I took a look in the mirror and noticed my blackheads on my nose and chin seemed to "rise" to the top. Excited (sad/icky I know!) i went into my cabinet and slapped a Biore strip on my nose and one on my chin. I don't get many when I do it but I got an astounding amount out (and I do this regularly - using biore strips.) I attribute it to the Lemon juice! I am going to keep using this and see how it does for my acne scars. Just based on the fact of how well it loosened up the junk in my pores, I have HIGH hopes for this.. And its so friggen cheap and you get a huge bottle. Try this, you really have nothing to lose!!! If it doesn't work you can always use the LJ to make a lemon pepper chicken marinate! :) hehe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love home skin-care remedies, so I was quite excited to try lemon juice as a toner. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and my skin looks great! I pick and poke at my skin mercilessly, and lemon juice really helps my skin heal up faster. I also haven't had any major breakouts since using it, which is quite fabulous. I've also noticed that it's making my skin paler, which is fine with me; I'm naturally pretty porcelain and I feel like the lemon juice is refining my skin color. I'll definitely keep using it - it beats out witch hazel as my HG toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by EmilyLynG

I drink a glass of lemon water in the morning & one at night to help purify/cleanse. It really does make a HUGE difference. It takes a little getting used to though (really strong at 1st & may upset your stomach, but that means its getting toxins out)! It's also really great for naturally lightening up the skin & exfoliating the skin. I always rub the left over lemons on my hands to keep them younger looking!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 3littopigs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is so good. I read what other people wrote and i decided to try it. i was seriously really amazed by what a simple lemon can do to your skin. My skin has left over acne red spots on it and now i used it for like one day and its fading already. It is cheap and easy to use. Even tho it stings it is still totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading a post on the skincare board about using lemon juice to treat hyperpigmentation, I decided to try it since there was nothing to lose but a lemon and some time.

They key component in lemon juice is the citric acid, which is one of many α-hydroxy acids. AHAs are known to diminish cellular cohesion between corneocytes at the lowest levels of the stratum corneum resulting in smoother, even-toned skin.

To prepare, I squeeze a fresh cut lemon into a small glass bottle through a strainer, then store in the fridge. Every night, I soak a cotton ball with the pure lemon juice and apply it all over my face like a toner. I try to avoid applying lemon juice during the daytime due to its photosensitive properties.

I have noticed dramatic results since incorporating this into my nightly regiment. I've experienced smaller, controlled pimples that now heal within days rather than weeks. In addition, my red blemishes have lightened, and I don't experience as many flushes.

Update: for the first 60 seconds upon application, my face itches uncontrollably. I've noticed a substantial amount of blemishes and small bumps all over my face the past few days. The only products I'm using is this and a cleanser. So, I'll revise this update if I determine it's not the lemon juice causing this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No