April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 3littopigs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is so good. I read what other people wrote and i decided to try it. i was seriously really amazed by what a simple lemon can do to your skin. My skin has left over acne red spots on it and now i used it for like one day and its fading already. It is cheap and easy to use. Even tho it stings it is still totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading a post on the skincare board about using lemon juice to treat hyperpigmentation, I decided to try it since there was nothing to lose but a lemon and some time.

They key component in lemon juice is the citric acid, which is one of many α-hydroxy acids. AHAs are known to diminish cellular cohesion between corneocytes at the lowest levels of the stratum corneum resulting in smoother, even-toned skin.

To prepare, I squeeze a fresh cut lemon into a small glass bottle through a strainer, then store in the fridge. Every night, I soak a cotton ball with the pure lemon juice and apply it all over my face like a toner. I try to avoid applying lemon juice during the daytime due to its photosensitive properties.

I have noticed dramatic results since incorporating this into my nightly regiment. I've experienced smaller, controlled pimples that now heal within days rather than weeks. In addition, my red blemishes have lightened, and I don't experience as many flushes.

Update: for the first 60 seconds upon application, my face itches uncontrollably. I've noticed a substantial amount of blemishes and small bumps all over my face the past few days. The only products I'm using is this and a cleanser. So, I'll revise this update if I determine it's not the lemon juice causing this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mistyrob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me first start off my saying I have suffered from acne since 12, and I am now 28. I go through periods of light to moderate acne, but, rarely clear. I began to use jojoba oil as a cleanser and my face seemed to go from light acne to no acne. Recently I broke out and stayed broken out, it was really bad. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it, in the mist of this I stopped using the jojoba oil. Nothing I did was helping matters AT ALL. So I started using the jojoba oil again, and I began to see a little improvement. Then integrated AHA 12% soufflé, day and night (now just night), there was a little more improvement. I then started using the Queen Helen mint mask and a honey/aspirin mask altering daily, again more improvement. I started to use apple cider vinegar as a toner day and night and saw even more improvement. Finally I added lemon juice and saw a HUGE HUGE improvement in just 1 week. I can't believe how much it has helped my skin and scars in just one week! AMAZING.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by krollydolly

Well this is my first review as I have only recently got into makeup properly and I thought start with the basics - skin!!! Anyway, Im 20 years old and have suffered with bad skin since I can remember and there has always been something in the back of my mind telling me to try this (and thanks to other MUA reviews) - I am so glad I finally did! The redness in my skin has reduced by 90%, and I have only had maybe one or two new blemishes in the past week.....believe me, for my skin that is amazing! I use my usual cleanser (Garnier Pure), then dab the juice (I use the stuff you get in the bottle for pancakes!) onto some cotton wool and sweep over problem areas. As I said, the pigmentation in my skin is beginning to even out, so is the tone. Sometimes my skin can feel tight when I have used the juice but to be honest, if something works, I can deal with tightness.

The only reason I am not giving lemon juice a 5 rating is because I haven't been using it for long enough to feel like it is a long term solution. Will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by l0vergirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say I'm really disappointed about how the lemon juice worked out for me. After reading all the amazing reviews for it on here I was really excited to give it a try but I just didn't end up with good results. I used it for a week and noticed that my skin started to look a really pale weird colour (I think the lemon juice was sort of bleaching my skin.) My pimples started to dry up a bit but they were replaced by lots of little red ones on my forehead and chin. My skin was also extremelay dull looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsBasilio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

O MY GOD!! Why does this not have like a billion reviews, This is the best stuff I have ever used, My scars and red marks and brown spots I had ARE GONE!!!!!!!! I ve only used this for 4 days, I cant believe it, I just bought 100% lemon juice then i take cotton pads and rub it on my face, and Im still like in shock, TRY THIS it works now I think im going to dillute it 2parts lemon 1 part water but omg!! ok lolz ill stop but please try this!!

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love lemon juice for the face!
My face is super-sensitive thought, so what I do is I use the juice that comes in the bottles that are diluted with the right amount of water. It works just as well, but without all the unbearable itching and stinging. I just drop about 5 drops into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and apply it to my face. It itches MAYBE a little bit depending on how dry your skin is already, but hardly ever for me.
I just love this stuff! It tightens pores, clears blemishes, lessens reddening, and just anything you need done for your skin, a lemon seems to do the trick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like using lemon to brighten my skin up.You just have to be careful since it will sting any place you have a cut. What i do is i squeeze it in a jar and i mix it with a little bit of water to even it out if i know i have a cut.But it i am using it on an area that I kno I dont have a cut then i use the pure lemon juice! Ihave noticed a change and a difference in my skin.It looks to be brighter and more fresh and awake! yes i will continue to buy and use lemon juice to help my skin out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Nirosaki

This is amazing... I woke-up after a night of applying the juice on my face, and my skintone was even, brightened! I was like WOW!

Now, I must tell you the whole story, because I want you to be careful.. and not silly like me.

I just cut the top of my lemon off and wiped it all over my face (like you would a tomato/sugar scrub) and boy-o.. did it sting! If you've ever dyed/bleahed your hair and felt the most uncomfortable, painful nippiness all over your scalp and forehead? Try that on your FACE.
Ohh, my poor little button nose!!
I thought because it hurt so bad I shouldn't be using this at all! But I didn't break out, and although I had small red patches, they weren't angry-looking, and they cleared within seconds (or whenever the stinging stopped)
But yeah, I managed to resist scratching and didn't rinse the juice off my face. :) I used a rich moisturiser with it too and my face was so soft the next day..

I used this again this night and I purged quite fast! I actually LOVE purging! Hell yeah, I can physically see my skin will improve!

I will give this 3 until the stinging is less! Then I will boost it up to a 4.. then a 5... then a YAY!

I recommend this, but if you don't think you can handle the stingingness, dilute it with water, and, by the way, if you continue using lemon juice your face will get used to it. :)
When? I have no idea.. but I will continue being a baby until my face gets used to it. :P
Oh boy.. I wonder how ACV feels! Heehee... we really do painful things for beauty don't we? :) <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenz1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great "product". I used it as a toner after cleansing my face and left on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off. the first time i used it I looked like i broke out more - but I realized that its just all my whiteheads and blackheads coming up to the surface. after using it for few days in the row my skin is much clearer, pores look tighter and most of the blackheads are gone. it does sting a bit, but definitely worth it! this is definitely going to be one of my staples for life :)