April 23, 2014 | 1870 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THE best lotion ever. Sometimes I would get allergies and my nose would get really dried and red, but the lotion makes it as though it was never there. I'd apply it at night and in the morning, it's gone! The lotion stays on the whole day as well. This DOES NOT clog pores either, it said in the back, and it doesn't clog mine, too so it's safe. This it totally worth it. :]

The reason why I didn't give it a 5 star is it is a bit sticky afterwards, but it goes away so don't worry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this in smaller tubes on clearance at Target and figured I use them when I traveled.

Somehow, I ended up carrying one in my handbag and it's been there since because it's perfect as a hand cream. It's not too greasy/sticky and doesn't have a strong feminine scent. I like it better than the Eucerin hand cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

It works alright, doesn't seem that moisturizing...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by andrrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is HG status for me. It's completely non-scented and keeps my skin hydrated well. It gets absorbed quickly and does not leave a film.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by scoobydoles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My fave daily body lotion. I can't wear scents @ work & most of the time, I'm so sensitive I can't tolerate one anyway. Moisturizes wonderfully all day long. Only complaint & isn't a biggie, I only like tubes, don't feel I get all the product used with a pump. Alot of stores only carry the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great, I had a bad skin thing going on one year and I tried a couple of lotions, this stuff brought me back to health!!
Well I might've had the help of some steroid cream but that was only for a short period of time.. I've stuck with this lotion in the long run and everyone who gets to use it, loves it. I haven't had a problem with my hands so long as I moisturize..
I get big bottles from the bulk supply type supermarkets, the two pack, and it lasts the year or maybe more. I'm not sure, I think I even gave one away because I felt I had so much. But yeah, it is great stuff!
I had tried some other brands of lotions which had mineral oil or petroleum in them and it would make my hand condition worse.. They'd flare into a really red color and be really uncomfortable.. This was basically because my skin was unable to breathe I think. But Aveeno worked well and made them soft and calm again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the mini travel size.

I don't know if it's just the travel size version, but this lotion is terrible for me. At first, it's a great consistency, not oily at all, but once I start rubbing it into my skin it becomes really watery and my skin feels "squeaky". Not moisturizing in the least bit. I love Aveeno's body wash, but this lotion falls short.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dpav

To be honest, I think this is just a so so body lotion. It's very watery that I don't feel it has enough "moisture" to give to my skin. In the summer, it is still ok. But in the winter, this lotion totally failed. My favorite for the winter is "Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Lotion" which contains AHA which is perfect for moisturizing and exfoliating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by VVV

Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion has been my HG body lotion for years. I first purchased it one winter when my skin became chapped all over from exposure to extreme cold and wind. Because my skin was so red and intensely itchy I went straight to the drug store. I purchased Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion and Soothing Bath Treatment, went home, and used both products right away. My skin stopped itching after the bath and application of lotion which was an immense relief. Within a few days the redness and irritation had almost completely cleared. I also had dry cracking patches on my lower legs which had also significantly improved within a few days. Within 10-14 days my skin had healed completely. I was so impressed with Aveeno after this initial experience I continued to buy the Daily Moisturizing Lotion and use it as my regular daily body lotion.

Since I began using Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion regularly my skin has improved so much - my once dry skin has become consistently soft and smooth. I no longer experience redness & irritation from shaving and I have not gotten any ingrown hairs. I no longer have dry bumps on the backs of my upper arms. The skin on my elbows and knees are no longer red or flaky. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry anymore and my skin tone has become brighter and clearer. I don't have that dull skin look that dryness used to give me.

The texture of Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion is so nice IMO - it is creamy and applies easily over my skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft, not greasy at all. I really appreciate that this lotion is fragrance free because I have so many perfume allergies. Both packaging options (a bottle w/ sanitary pump or a tube w/ flip-top cap) are great - each allow for easy, sanitary access to the product.

I will definitely continue to repurchase Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is a product I've come to rely on to keep my easily irritated dry skin under control. Highly recommended!

INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredients: Dimethicone. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Oat Flour (Avena Sativa), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride

INGREDIENT BREAKDOWN: DIMETHICONE is one of several types of silicone oils which does not penetrate the skin but rather form a protective layer on the surface of the skin. WATER - we all know this one! :) GLYCERIN is a polyhydric alcohol that acts as a humectant and provides lubrication. DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE is a positively charged surfactant that acts with the negatively charged proteins in the skin to keep the product from easily rinsing off of the skin. PETROLATUM (aka petroleum jelly) is a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons which work as a skin protectant. ISOPROPYL PALMITATE is a palm oil based emollient, thickening agent, and moisturizer. CETYL ALCOHOL is a fatty alcohol which is used as an emollient, emulsifier or thickening agent in the making of skin lotions and creams. OAT FLOUR (AVENA SATIVA) is a powder obtained by the fine grinding of the kernels of oats which can have a soothing effect on the skin. BENZYL ALCOHOL is an aromatic alcohol (I can't figure out why it's in this product exactly). SODIUM CHLORIDE is salt (again, not sure why it's in this product). I did not list every use for each of these ingredients but the use which seemed to apply to this particular product. I hope this was helpful but definitely feel free to look up more information about these ingredients if you like - there is a lot of good information out there. :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TOVACHANAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Life is truly amazing !! For years, on MUA and on Allure's Best of I have listed this product (and its clones) as my FAV FAV FAV body lotion (and I have tried them all - high end and mass market). But being blessed as a Cassiopeia, no one listened...until now. Aveeno is showing up right and left in the magazines and on MUA. Amazing!!! I cannot count the partially used bottles floating around our house - upstairs and downstairs - even one stashed somewhere at my father-in-law's. And all the full bottles stashed away is case (G-D FORBID) J&J decides to discontinue this product.

I use this most often in the winter. Even with a humidifier, winter in MI is DRY, DRY, DRY. Every night, I slather this all over myself, especially on the shoulders, legs and feet, before putting on pjs and socks. In the morning, after showering, again the slather. It is not tacky, nor is it sticky and it absorbs well.

So why the 4? Nothing is absolutely perfect - although this comes very close.

If you buy the original name brand item, it will be more expensive (by a dollar or two) than the clones. Thankfully, though, clones (aka generics) do exist.