Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/28/2007 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an OK product and doesn't break me out (I have acne prone skin). However, it's a really THICK formula so sometimes I feel like Im wearing a mask. On a positive note, it provides pretty decent and long-lasting coverage and doesn't seem to irritate the skin at all. It also comes in a bottle that uniquely pumps from the bottom, which is awesome!

I thought I found my favorite foundation. I put it on at first and it seemed nice, lightweight and blendable. But after wearing it , it ended up making my skin very dry and it felt gross. Plus I wanted more coverage If I'm going to wear foundation. The foundation might be better on older skin, since I am in my 20's I don't really think I needed all of those ingredients. Still searching for my favorite liquid foundation....

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

I can't understand the bad reviews for this product. I have relatively oily skin in my t-zone, and I find if I use the boots anti-shine primer in those areas only, this foundation is great. I use it on a daily basis and I live in a very hot/humid climate and it stays put, looks more natural than anything I've tried (and I've tried a bunch.) and doesn't cause any breakouts. It looks like my skin, only better. I will say that it has very light coverage, so if you're someone who likes or needs a heavy coverage, this won't fit the bill. I use the lightest color, Fair 1, and have been very pleased with this foundation. I have been recently told that my skin looks "flawless," that my skin looks "glowing", and when I look in the mirror, I'm pleased with what I see. I think this foundation would be especially good for gals with dry skin as it seems to have moisturizing properties. I also really appreciate the fact that the pump form of delivery is very sanitary. Please don't be dissuaded by the bad reviews, give it a try and make up your own mind. .

on 7/25/2007 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this foundation in M3...I must say i am in love with it!!!
It provides great even coverage and doesnt look cakey and artificial. It hasnt broken me out and keeps me looking fresh and radiant throughout the day. The price is a bit steep at $38 USD but for me its worth it. I put it on with my Japonesque foundation bruch and the combination gives me a beautiful natural airbrushed finish.

on 7/9/2007 4:05:00 PM

Looked alright but it made be break out and just didn't feel comfortable. I imagine this would be for someone who has drier skin.

on 6/23/2007 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation, It looked great on my skin i have combination and acne prone skin and it didnt break my face out, it does get some kind of oily but a sheer pressed powder would work wonders. smashbox's oil control powder goes great on top of it as well.

on 6/17/2007 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really liked this foundation so much that I bought the kit on QVC (aside from already owning a bottle). You get the brush and the foundation together for a decent price. I use the L3 and really like the look it gives my skin. I'm 37 and have tiny fine lines and small pores that at my age are now visible-but I didn't find that this foundation settled or made those imperfections worse. This product leaves a healthy dewy look and on me I like that it really does look natural. I like that it lasts all day and have found that the claim of it making you look less tired is true for me. I really don't understand how some users say that it makes their skin dry? This foundation isn't drying or so matte that it could do that-I'm puzzled. All in all I think this is a great lightweight foundation especially for me becasue I had given up wearing liquid foundation. This isn't a thick heavy product and it is buildable but it really does depend on what look you're going for and your choice of foundation. I'm glad I found this one. If you want to give it a try I think Nordies would be a good place to start. They will give you a sample to take home and try. I knew the moment the SA put it on me that this was definitely the foundation that was bringing me back to liquid.

on 6/11/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I hate the feeling of thick foundations. I am currently in love with Smashbox's new foundation, however. It feels so light I barely know I am wearing any. It doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask either. A+

on 6/5/2007 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i got a generous sample of two shades at Nordies, the two fair ones. I agree they are a bit darker than Seamless Ivory. I thought the coverage was lovely and that it wore well, but I couldn't get over the extremely bitter scent of the makeup. Unless I got a bad sample? Anyway, will stick with Seamless.

on 5/24/2007 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Fair 2, which a Smashbox live chat rep said would be a good match to their Seamless foundation in ivory. She said that F1, the lightest shade, was pink-toned. As a former wearer of the Seamless foundation in ivory, I do not feel that this assertion was accurate--this foundation shade is more dark. I am a NC15 and wear the lightest neutral shade foundation in every line. F2 was too dark for me, and was grayish in addition. Even if this shade had been a match, I would still not have kept this foundation. First, it felt very slippery. Not oily, or sticky, but slippery, the same way Smashbox’s primer feels on me, and it is a texture I highly dislike. The foundation itself looked odd on my skin. It sank into pores immediately, seemed to find dry skin I didn’t even know was there, and seemed to create imperfections and lines, versus blurring them. It also had a slightly chalky appearance. Poor color match aside, this foundation made my skin look worse than when I had nothing on. Coverage was minimal as well. Based on the positive reviews I see here, it really is true that makeup, especially foundation, is highly personal and individualized.