April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Petale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My hair is a pretty bright colour and this doesn't leave me with that odd grey/white powdery look, i use this on my roots as my hair gets greasy so quickly and it also smells gorgeous too, get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lolliepopxstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have tried loads of different dry shampoos in hopes of finding one that I love that that does not leave my black hair with the infamous "grey cast". After my years of searching I have found the best dry shampoo around.

Batiste is my HG dry shampoo. I can spray this on to my roots and fringe bangs give it a quick and thorough run through with my fingers and be on my way. I make sure I rub it in good so the product doesn't sit on top of my hair and cause the grey effect. With others prior to Batiste no matter how much I would rub or brush it in, the "grey" would always be there. It soaks up any oil and gives me the perfect amount of volume. I have it in the Blush and Tropical scents and like them both. It gets the job done and doesn't leave an awful grey cast in my black hair. I will never purchase another and thankfully I can get Batiste for relatively cheap. :) I would highly highly recommend this product to someone looking for a good dry shampoo especially anyone with dark hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long wavy hair that I like to straighten alot. It takes me 1/2 hr to do it however, so I dont want to redo it every night. Thus, I straighten my hair and use this for 1-2 days afterwards instead of rewashing my hair and doing it all over.

This is the only convenient dry shampoo I have yet to find that is at a reasonable price. I get it at Sally's Beauty Store. The scent doesnt bother me and it leaves my hair looking refreshed. I also use this for my bangs often to keep them from getting too greasy. I have dark hair and as long as you throughly brush it out it doesnt leave light streaks. My only complaint is that I go through it so quickly, but thats because I have a lot of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lucy156

Love this product, my hair gets greasy really quickly and this really makes it look so much cleaner! So widely available and some gorgous scents!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by CiaraDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Also a big fan of this product. The range of scents makes it nice and varied and the price is very reasonable. It's easy to apply and does exactly what you want it to. I have quite thick hair and I find that my roots tend to get oily if I don't wash my hair everyday. Of course some days I just don't feel like it, so to get a few hours extra from my hair (usually if I have a short shift at work) I'll spray on the Batiste Dry Shampoo, brush it out and in no time my hair looks fresher and cleaner.

Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!!! After reading lots and lots of reviews about different dry shampoos, I finally decided to try this one out. It's the only one I've ever used and I think it will be the only one I'll ever try. I don't like to wash my hair everyday but when I don't..my hair looks as if I haven't showered in a week. It turns into a big greaseball, but this stuff fixes it right up. I just hold it out and spray at the roots, brush it through..and it looks great! My only complaint is that I wish this came in a bigger size, because I go through it fairly quickly. However, it's not expensive so it I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by wdegroot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute HG product...I can only find it at Shoppers Drug Mart stores (in Canada) and I usually end up buying in bulk so I never run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the ORIGINAL formula (green can).

PROS:
Does what it's supposed to do! Not many products can live up to their claims but this product does.

My hair problem:
I have fine hair, but a lot of it, so fine, thick hair? Anyway, my hair does not greasy or oily on its own unless I don't wash it for a long time, like 6 or 7 days. BUT the day after I use styling product in my hair, it gets sort of greasy feeling a few inches past the roots. Since its fine, this gives me flat hair pretty quickly.

SOFTNESS, SHINE, AND VOLUME: Since my hair is naturally dry, I've never tried a dry shampoo since I didn't want to dry out my hair anymore. However I'm happy to say that this product gets rid of the greasy flatness in the midshaft of my hair without drying out my hair or making it rough/brittle. My hair feels soft, STILL has plenty of shine, and lots of VOLUME!!!! Which is very exciting for me since its hard to get my hair to stick away from my head.

HOW I USE IT:
I cover my face and spray it about a foot away from my head. Then I use my fingers to rub it in more and rake my fingers through the rest of my hair. I have to use several sprays (maybe 5?) in sections/layers of my hair to reach all the spots I need to. If you have a lot of hair you also will probably have to use a lot.

GENTLE: However this product is very GENTLE. The smell does not give me headaches or overwhelm my nose like most scents do.

NO RESIDUE: I do not get any flakes, or white powder in my hair. I was really surprised by that. My hair is a light chocolate brown, level 5 ish, and I don't have any powder or residue in my hair, despite using a lot. Maybe this only shows up in black hair, or if you spray it too close to your scalp?

CONS:
Smell temporarily. Smells exactly like baby powder. My nose is very sensitive though and the smell does not bother me after it's set in my hair a few minutes later.
I got this at Sally's and it was $8 with my sally's card. That's pretty expensive for Sally's and drugstore. But I think it's definitely worth it.

RECOMMENDED FOR: Fine hair that needs volume and gets greasy/oily at roots/midshafts from styling products.

EDIT 9/18:
Still love this stuff, it has become a staple for me, using between washes, at least once a week. I just wanted to add that I like the pink can ( called "blush") even more than the green one. It doesn't have the baby powder scent. Instead it has a lighter, pretty rose scent. I usually don't like floral scents, but this one is very light and nice so I recommend that one even more than the original.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I bought this for the days when I wake up too late. It has more than done its job. It works very well. I prefer this over the psssst one that I also have. I have this in blush, which has an odd fragrance but I like it. My hair always looks good when I use this despite the fact that I have not actually bathed in several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by gale2509

This is my HG product, i use it between washes and also when styling my hair if i need more volume or im putting it up, it really helps to keep your hair in place and makes it much easier to work with.
i have used all the different fragrances, i dont 'love' any of them, however, i prefer diva and blush to original and tropical.
I go through this product quite quickly, but i use it liberally and at the price it is, i can afford to replace it fairly often. I recommend this product to anyone, sure you will fall in love with it and find it a must have in your beauty kit.
My only negative is that it really dries my scalp out and it would become flaky therefore i dont use it consecutively and always use an intensive conditioner 1-2 times a week to moisturise my scalp.