November 26, 2014 | 1825 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy three or four cans of this every time I'm in London; it is my personal miracle worker. I spritz in on not just if I've skipped washing my hair, but also on clean hair days. I wash my hair almost every day anyway, so I use a spritz or two at my roots to add body, dimension and lift. It's perfect. I have blonde hair so I don't even need to brush it out, I just fluff my roots with my hands. The only downside to me (I buy the "Blush" formula) is that I'm not crazy about the smell. It's a little too reminiscent of cheap powdery perfumes aimed at teenagers. Oh well. The smell fades pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this from a local shop at about SGD$6.90. My hair gets oily on the same day I washed my hair and this works pretty well. I have oily roots and dry ends as I colored my hair constantly. I did what the container says, spray onto the root and brush. This works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite range of dry shampoos. I've tried three types: Proud & True Brit, XXL Volume, and Nude. I loved them all.

Proud & True Brit is, as I understand it, the same as the original Batiste dry shampoo except for the scent. It smells kind of perfumey but isn't too strong. It definitely makes my dark brown hair gray, but that's nothing some rubbing and a good brushing with a natural bristle brush can't fix. This stuff degreases, freshens, and lightly volumizes my hair with minimum fuss. Also, one can lasted me over two months--and I was using it probably three times a week. (I've bought other brands of dry shampoo that lasted two uses. Heck, I've bought cans of dry shampoo I haven't gotten any uses out of at all because the nozzles were faulty.)

XXL Volume is a combination dry shampoo/volumizing hairspray. Dry shampoo is always going to volumize your hair a bit simply because it gets rid of the grease that makes your hair go lank. But this stuff volumizes your hair like whoa. It's serious stuff. The only downside is that it makes your hair feel a bit like cotton candy.

Nude is the fragrance-free, non-aerosol option. It's a white powder that comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a fine-tip nozzle. You can either dispense some directly onto your roots or into your palm and apply with your fingers. (The latter method seems to work better for me.) It performs a lot like the Proud & True Brit version.

All in all, I love Batiste dry shampoo. They perform well and are very reasonably priced (between 2.99 and 3.99 each). I wish this were more widely available, in all its many varieties, outside the UK because it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this - I have the original and the blush - AND I have the blush in the travel size which I keep in my desk at work - BEST!! This has saved me countless mornings where I'm rushing out the door. I spray this all over the roots of my hair (like the bottle says) then brush my hair into a ponytail or bun - and VOILA! non-greasy presentable hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mkf96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this so much :) Great if you sleep in.. Really does work, and it's not too expensive. My hair gets greasy the day after I wash it, and this soaks up all the oil, and makes my hair look brighter. However, if you have dark hair you'd really have to shake well before use and rub it into your roots well, because it can leave white marks on your head if you don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

By far the best dry shampoo Ive tried. Ive tested most of the ones from the drugstore, but seriously, its crap compared to this! This doesnt add any more "bulk" to my hair or grease! I love the smell (original and the other lovely scents). My only complaint is the price but you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is pretty dry and overprocessed which forces me to wash it every few days. I typically can go 4 days at most without washing because any longer makes my hair slightly oily at the roots and really dry/tangled everywhere else. I didn't think that a dry shampoo would work wonders for my hair type, but since I've never tried one before I got this product at Sally's anyway.
I think it cost around $6 and since I have never used this I am not sure how long it is supposed to last. I didn't wash my hair today so I decided to try this stuff. Holy crap! I was amazed at how quickly my hair started to feel light, fresh, and the tangles were so much easier to comb out.
I sprayed it throughout my hair, rubbed in a little bit, and brushed out with a large boar bristle round brush. My hair felt amazing, almost as if I had just washed it, and this product also added a little bit of volume (though that doesn't seem to last for long). The scent is pretty neutral and doesn't linger for very long.
I am really glad I purchased this product for days like this. I wish I knew about/tried it before. Works great for days when your hair feels gross and unmanageable but you have no time to wash it. I love this stuff and will continue to repurchase since it doesn't cost a fortune.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

okay, after reading so many good reviews here i decided to pick this up at Shopper's Drug Mart (they only had it in original, $10). I've always used baby powder because I've read it's a good replacement for dry shampoo, but boy have I been missing out...

I had 2 day hair, which means clumps of grease at the roots. (I was staying home to study so I let my hair rest for a day). I tried it out and I LOVE THIS PRODUCT ALREADY AHHHH. SHOULD'VE GOTTEN IT SOONER. I didn't expect it to work miracles, because products rarely ever do! But this made my hair sooo soft, shiny but not greasy, light scent, and actually when I sprayed it, it didn't leave any white powder AT all on my black asian hair.

update: works very well, but on days when the air is moist and humid, my hair tends to get a bit oilier after being outside. it would be best to keep one at school also to touch-up after bussing there

update2: it runs out really fast.

I really can't wait till 2 days to pass so I can try this out again :D:D I want to see how long it lasts, and how much volume it gives me. I will update.

The only thing I dont like about this product is that it comes in an aerosol- absolutely not environmentally friendly. But I guess the product works best that way.. (If there was a non-aerosol version, I would get it.)

Update: so I've been using this for a while now, and I'm still in love with it as I was when I first tried it. I even dare to go 3 days without washing my hair sometimes,and it looks fine. I absolutely love 2-day hair (I used to wash everyday cause I got oily on 2nd day) because it holds my styling better. I curl it on day 1 and for the next couple days, my hair is volumptious and wavy. This product is freaking awesome. I'm gonna try to find a travel size to leave at school for my/my friend's emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bbcreamlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My scalp is insanely oily, after washing it in the afternoon, the next day, when I wake up, it will be greasy already. So I was really desperate for something that would control the oil. I chanced upon batiste in guardian and decided to buy it immediately. I was pretty happy with the price ($6.90), nothing that would break the bank. The next day, my hair was oily, as usual. So I reached for my newly purchased dry shampoo and sprayed it all over the roots of my hair. And oh wow! My hair became instantly full of volume and the oil just vanished! The white streaks vanished after I rubbed it into my hair. After I went to school, I felt really refreshed, a far cry from the usually oily, yucky feeling that I have on my scalp. At the end of the day, my hair still felt good. Highly recommended! Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE the smell?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I have tried several dry shampoos including tigi's rockaholic (which i used one time and it disappeared from the can), klorane, powders and this one so far is my fave. I'm hooked on these now because I have so much hair and I like to keep it long and my hair gets oily by the next day. I usually wash my hair every other day, but once in a while I don't mind going a 2nd day without washing because I have to get up super early in the morning for work or other things and don't want to wet my hair and feel cold. I know it's weird, plus blow drying takes forever when I'm in a rush so Batiste saves the day! I LOVE this stuff! I have the regular turquoise can and the blush can. This stuff no kidding soaks up all the oil and takes away the oily scalp smell and gross feeling and gives me a nice clean feeling dried up scalp with volume! I love it! I also love the buy one get one sales at ulta..i will stock up next time.