August 1, 2014 | 1726 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jlmcg83

I use low-fat or non-fat plain yogurt with a squeeze of lemon juice and it works fabulously on my acne-prone skin. It makes my skin so glowy and full of health. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use kefir as a face and body mask (kefir is a type of European yogurt with many live cultures, lactic acid and fats). It does not smell great, I have to warn, but if you can stand it for 10-15 min your skin will thank you.
Since lactic acid gently exfoliates, and fat in kefir soothes the skin, you will be left with radiant, plump looking skin. (My skin is on the dry, sensitive side).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

I have oily, greasy, acne-prone skin, which has completely transformed since slatering yogurt all over it. I bought a tub of "cream line" yogurt (it's so fatty that a thick layer of cream rises to the top) and have been using it morning and night on my face and, for the first time I can remember, I have not had one blemish - not one teeny spot - in at least two weeks. Which is particularly incredible since this is the time of month that my skin is usually at its worst.
The process I usually follow is something like this:
Wash with regular cleanser and rinse
Coat my face and yogurt and let it sit (lactic acid exfoliates; the fat moisturizes); rinse
It does leave a waxy layer on skin, so I usually follow up with either jojoba oil (massage all over and wipe off with cotton) or ACV or both. Then moisturize/make-up as usual. I've also been using the yogurt all over my body after washing in the shower, and my skin is incredibly soft, no need for lotion!! I love this stuff!! For more of a "mask", I sometimes mix yogurt with honey and leave on for a while. My skin is so radiant and soft.

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by amybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Washing my face every day with yogurt has totally transformed my skin. It is so glowingly beautiful! here is my secret regimen:

Mornings:
1. rub face with coconut oil
2. wash off with full-fat yogurt. (yes, it will leave a residue, but somehow it improves my complexion instead of making it greasy)

Evenings:
1. wash face with full-fat yogurt
2. use apple-cider vinegar (1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water) as astringent
3. rub face gently w/ coconut oil
4. blot excess coconut oil with tissue

I know that all this coconut oil and fatty yogurt should make me break out, but it has actually improved my oily complexion. My skin is glowing these days. Yay!

17 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THE YOGURT MASK! Its SO easy to use and REALLY works! All you have to do is go to the grocery store, buy low fat or non fat plain yogurt, slab some all over your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse! Perfect glowy skin, and controls blemishes! I saw this in this beauty book, so I decided to try it since I love homemade/DIY masks! The only downside is if you have dry/sensitive skin, you have to be careful not to put too much on because it can cause some redness. Other than that, this is one of my favorite masks! I reccommend you try it :D

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No