September 19, 2014 | 1202 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter. It's not too frosty or too white, it just gives a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. This is a must have from Nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure if this has been reviewed somewhere else -- I may have screwed up the category since this product can be used as both a blush and a highliter. In fact this is what it is sold as: blush/highliter.

The color looks whitish/gold but it is the transparency of this product packed into a cake which I love (pigments have a tendency in my hands to wind up on the floor). I have used this as a highliter on many clients -- from the eyes, cheeks and even to the outline of the lips. It is a soft glow which makes everyone look heavenly.

This should not be missing from anyone's makeup if they want to look glowy and healthy -- even for an old lady like me this is just the right amount of sheen and no obvious shimmer or glitter.

Again -- I hate NARS packaging! But the product is well worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

I didn't purchase it but i definitely tried it on. Not a fan. It is super shimmery and I guess at night that's okay but I would rather keep SUPER shimmer to eyes. I love nars orgasm - which is LITTLE shimmer and that shows I am not anti shimmer, but albatross is super duper shimmery highlight. The shimmer particles are gold and its is an off white cream (super sheer) so you may was well apply shimmer to your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nars albatross is a beautiful goden pearly color. I had been lemming this for quite some time and finally received a brand new one in a swap and i can truly say that i have found my HG highlighter, it is just PERFECT. The great thing about it, is that it has no glitter and when i swipe it on my face it gives me the most gorgeous luminous glow, i swear i just cannot stop looking at myself! Even my boyfriend commented on how "GLOWY " i look lol. Overall this is a phenomenal product, comes in a beautiful sleek black compact and will last you so long , so yess i will buy this for the rest of my life.. i can't believe i did not get this sooner..and i call myself a makeup junkie? lol .
For reference i'm a MAC NC 25-30

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by manderz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looks pretty bland in the packaging but you HAVE to try this on to fully appreciate it. At first I thought it would turn up chalky on my NC40 skin, but one little swipe of this & you get the most beautiful luminous pearl/gold glow without the obvious shimmer/glitter. It is pricey, but it's so versatile & like all nars blushes a little goes a long way so I'd pay that much again if I ever ran out (which won't be any time soon, I haven't made so much as a dip in months).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ATLien315

HG! HG! HG! I use this highlighter on my cheeks, forehead, chin and brow bone! Talk about a multi-use product! It leaves a highlight-y, oh-so-slightly golden-y glow! I just love it, and I use it every day (well, every day that I wear makeup)! In fact, when I'm really made up, my look is incomplete without this stuff. I just love it and can't believe I lived without it for so long! I've been using it for four months and haven't even dented the product! LOVE IT! For reference, I'm a C7.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So beautiful! Albatross is this perfect white gold color that makes me look like I'm glowing from within, but doesn't look shiny or glittery. It blends like a dream and doesn't give me that "I'm wearing makeup" look that other highlighters seem to give me. This is the best thing ever for my fair, cool-toned skin! As far as complaints about the price go, I've had my Albatross for almost a year now, used it every day at least once or twice a day and barely made even a dent. I expect this product to last me for a very long time, and it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by SuperFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

um, wow. i'm not even going to write a long review because if you're reading this and you don't own albatross already, i highly suggest you stop everything you're doing and run to your nearest nars counter/sephora and get it.

this is the most beautiful gilded white colour in the world. not only does it keep me from looking like i get around five hours of sleep every night, but it also makes my complexion look incredibly soft and dewy.

the first day i wore this i had ten people comment on how radiant my skin looks.

seriously. go buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG highlighter. It gives me that perfect glow that always shows up so nicely in photographs, and it's the perfect highlighter for the browbone. It's great for my PPP skintone and is very finely milled. But how in the hail can they justify charging $25 for this teeny tiny little package? I bought it online and when I received it, I thought they accidentally sent me a sample! I think it's highway robbery but I love the product and a little goes a long way so I think I will end up buying it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just got this in a swap - I love highlighters, but they have to be shiny (not glitterish, but with fine shimmer) and this has it - but I don't think it's quite obvious enough for me, I have to use High Beam by Benefit (or Moon Beam) underneath before this really shows up.
I'd say, if you can't get your hands on MACs Lightscapade MSF, Albatross is a good alternative - both are not very obvious in highlighting, but if you're looking for a nice subtle highlighter, this is for you :) I just like to bring out dramatic cheekbones ;)