August 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by manderz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looks pretty bland in the packaging but you HAVE to try this on to fully appreciate it. At first I thought it would turn up chalky on my NC40 skin, but one little swipe of this & you get the most beautiful luminous pearl/gold glow without the obvious shimmer/glitter. It is pricey, but it's so versatile & like all nars blushes a little goes a long way so I'd pay that much again if I ever ran out (which won't be any time soon, I haven't made so much as a dip in months).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ATLien315

HG! HG! HG! I use this highlighter on my cheeks, forehead, chin and brow bone! Talk about a multi-use product! It leaves a highlight-y, oh-so-slightly golden-y glow! I just love it, and I use it every day (well, every day that I wear makeup)! In fact, when I'm really made up, my look is incomplete without this stuff. I just love it and can't believe I lived without it for so long! I've been using it for four months and haven't even dented the product! LOVE IT! For reference, I'm a C7.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So beautiful! Albatross is this perfect white gold color that makes me look like I'm glowing from within, but doesn't look shiny or glittery. It blends like a dream and doesn't give me that "I'm wearing makeup" look that other highlighters seem to give me. This is the best thing ever for my fair, cool-toned skin! As far as complaints about the price go, I've had my Albatross for almost a year now, used it every day at least once or twice a day and barely made even a dent. I expect this product to last me for a very long time, and it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by SuperFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

um, wow. i'm not even going to write a long review because if you're reading this and you don't own albatross already, i highly suggest you stop everything you're doing and run to your nearest nars counter/sephora and get it.

this is the most beautiful gilded white colour in the world. not only does it keep me from looking like i get around five hours of sleep every night, but it also makes my complexion look incredibly soft and dewy.

the first day i wore this i had ten people comment on how radiant my skin looks.

seriously. go buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG highlighter. It gives me that perfect glow that always shows up so nicely in photographs, and it's the perfect highlighter for the browbone. It's great for my PPP skintone and is very finely milled. But how in the hail can they justify charging $25 for this teeny tiny little package? I bought it online and when I received it, I thought they accidentally sent me a sample! I think it's highway robbery but I love the product and a little goes a long way so I think I will end up buying it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just got this in a swap - I love highlighters, but they have to be shiny (not glitterish, but with fine shimmer) and this has it - but I don't think it's quite obvious enough for me, I have to use High Beam by Benefit (or Moon Beam) underneath before this really shows up.
I'd say, if you can't get your hands on MACs Lightscapade MSF, Albatross is a good alternative - both are not very obvious in highlighting, but if you're looking for a nice subtle highlighter, this is for you :) I just like to bring out dramatic cheekbones ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do use this is an all around highlighter. Top of cheeks, bridge of nose, brow bone, cupid's bow...anywhere. It adds a really nice subtle sheen and warm glow. i've heard it is similar to MAC's Vanilla pigment, but I prefer this since it is pressed and allows more control that way. I dont see myself running out anytime soon, but I wouldnt not repurchase because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ryco

I love Albatross! I'm very upset I only started using this product THIS YEAR.

I think it does a great job in doing what it is supposed to do -- highlight. It's leaves a nice, light opalescent/gold finish to ALL skintones. I do many of my friends' makeup before they go out to events, or even just for fun, and this is one product they all seem to love.

Albatross doesn't have to be intense. It is the type of product that one can use little of, and still have a great but subtle payoff, and one you can build upon, for more extreme usage.

I absolutely love this product, and love that I can use it as a highlight for both my cheeks, and my eyes. It is a great, and in my opinion, even better alternative to using white eyeshadow as a highlight for underneath the brows, or even the corner of one's eyes. It seems much more natural, and in that case, can be used as a highlight for the eyes on an everyday basis. It gives anyone's eyes, and cheeks a nice pick me up, and lift.

The only time you need to be careful is OVER-applying the product. Especially on those hot/sweaty summer days, or clubbing/night out events. Too much of this product, and you can end up looking extra greasy or sweaty in person, and/or in pictures. And I highly doubt...anyone really wants that! =]

I love this product and bring it with me in my purse, no matter where I go. Anytime I feel like I need to look more awake during the day, all i do is dab a little Albatross on the inner corner of my eyes and I feel better right away.

Overall, a great highlighting powder that's very versatile. Can be used on the cheeks, eyes, lips, and clavicle bone for emphasizing. BUY IT!

edit: I just remembered that this product can get/be a bit chalky at times, but even so, it is still worth the money and purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I waited for a while before reviewing Albatross because it's definitely the kind of product you want to check out in different lighting. Good news is, it does work wonders at catching the light, highlighting cheekbones and giving a bit more luminosity to the skin. It isn't glittery, since it's fine enough that you don't see individual particles unless you're under direct lighting and look really, really close. It's also slightly golden, but not overwhelmingly so - I think it'd suit most skintones.
I like the packaging too - doesn't make too much room and feels sturdy, with a mirror. A bit pricey, but probably worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a highlighter in a compact/pressed powder form. the color is a pale yellow cream (almost like an off-white) with a lot of gold shimmer. if you hate frosts, don't worry about the shimmer. it's not frosty, just shimmery and pretty. i love it!