November 26, 2014 | 1877 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm NC15-20 and this highlighter not only shows up on me, but gives me the exact look I was looking for when I first bought it. It gives me a very slight, but definitely noticeable highlight without a lot of "in your face"-shimmer. There is shimmer, but it requires a close look in the bathroom mirror to really detect it. It also pairs very well with the NARS Laguna Bronzer without becoming shimmer galore. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pretty golden sheen across your face unlike other highlighters I have tried, I have layered it with Pearl cream color base by Mac for staying power, and multi dimensional sheen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this!!!! I was lucky enough to have one of Kim Kardashians makeup artist make my face over at an even i went to earlier this year, she used luster on my cheeks and added this highlight, she said it was one of her top sellers and always would put it on Kim, so of course i had to get it. I love this! I don't usually wear this for an everyday highlighter but i always use it when i go out. I've already talked 3 friends into buying it! I would recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by hetsy

love this. A subtle highlighter which I use on my brow line and cheekbones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This looked so extremely white in the pan...I couldn't imagine it working on my skin tone and I avoided trying it despite the positive reviews. I've used Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight for a few years and I end up comparing every highlighter to it. But ever since I bought Albatross I've been wearing it almost exclusively. It's more intense than the KA Candlelight, and so beautiful. I guess I just feel like having a little more shimmer and glow than usual during the colder months. I apply it with a large fan brush across cheekbones and use the same brush to kind of skim any remainder over the rest of my face and it never looks too harsh or overdone. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jad3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you could only buy one product from NARS, it should be this! (and not even orgasm) This highlighter gives a soft golden glow. Looks gorgeous under the light.
The only downside is probably the packaging, it gets dirty from all the gold sheen after a while.

ETA: People have compared this to MAC's Vanilla, in my opinion this product is better as the effect is more subtle. The colour is the same, but Vanilla seems more chunkier/glittery to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter. It's not too frosty or too white, it just gives a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. This is a must have from Nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure if this has been reviewed somewhere else -- I may have screwed up the category since this product can be used as both a blush and a highliter. In fact this is what it is sold as: blush/highliter.

The color looks whitish/gold but it is the transparency of this product packed into a cake which I love (pigments have a tendency in my hands to wind up on the floor). I have used this as a highliter on many clients -- from the eyes, cheeks and even to the outline of the lips. It is a soft glow which makes everyone look heavenly.

This should not be missing from anyone's makeup if they want to look glowy and healthy -- even for an old lady like me this is just the right amount of sheen and no obvious shimmer or glitter.

Again -- I hate NARS packaging! But the product is well worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

I didn't purchase it but i definitely tried it on. Not a fan. It is super shimmery and I guess at night that's okay but I would rather keep SUPER shimmer to eyes. I love nars orgasm - which is LITTLE shimmer and that shows I am not anti shimmer, but albatross is super duper shimmery highlight. The shimmer particles are gold and its is an off white cream (super sheer) so you may was well apply shimmer to your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nars albatross is a beautiful goden pearly color. I had been lemming this for quite some time and finally received a brand new one in a swap and i can truly say that i have found my HG highlighter, it is just PERFECT. The great thing about it, is that it has no glitter and when i swipe it on my face it gives me the most gorgeous luminous glow, i swear i just cannot stop looking at myself! Even my boyfriend commented on how "GLOWY " i look lol. Overall this is a phenomenal product, comes in a beautiful sleek black compact and will last you so long , so yess i will buy this for the rest of my life.. i can't believe i did not get this sooner..and i call myself a makeup junkie? lol .
For reference i'm a MAC NC 25-30