NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this highlighter! I can use it in more ways than one and the color is very versatile! I use this highlighter to highlight my cheekbones, browbone, inner corners (with a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush) of my eyes and to line my waterline (I like to use this instead of a white or light liner under my eyes because it's not as harsh, yet it provides just the *POP* without looking over-the-top).

I have oily skin so I only tend to highlight only various areas of my face. This highlighter does not melt, oxidize or vanish once the oils on my face surface. It stays true to its color, which I would describe as a candle-lit gold. It has nice color because it's neutral and does not have orange or pink tones to it so I can see it suiting people with different skin tones. There is shimmer (obviously), but definitely no sign of glitter. If applied correctly, it provides a beautiful glow and luminosity which doesn't look fake at all.

For reference, I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this highlighter.

on 1/7/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for the ONE piece of make-up I love above all else in my collection. It's that good.

If I were on a desert isle, I'd be hitting the sauce
Should I not be able to save my NARS' "Albatross".
Just one comment then:
With names like "Deep Throat" and "Zen",
Where they got THIS name has me at a loss.

on 1/3/2010 3:02:00 AM

This is an awesome product
Its great for day and night.
You can tell this is a coveted product because of its smooth finish and pigment.

I pair if with NARS Super Orgasm and those two products make music together!-I warn you this should only be used for a night look.

I use albatross on a day to day basis to hi-light top of cheek, bridge of nose, forehead and jaw line.

If you love to glow go to sephora now and purchase this!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the best highlighter that I have tried to date. I am a WOC and it is difficult to find a highlighter which doesn't look too white, ashy or chalky on my caramel color skin. NARS Albatross is a soft pale warm glow without too much sparkle, is true to the color in the pan and it gives my skin a luminescent glow without being overdone. I just love this highlighter and it's been a beloved member of my makeup collection for several years.

on 12/25/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a must have product ! I was looking for a nice highlighter for my very pale skin (i'm NW 15) and this product is great. I was a bit disappointed when I first swatched it because there's too much of a golden sheen to it, but really, when you apply on your face fully made up, it's red carpet look!! It's my first Nars product and I'm so well impressed !!

on 12/24/2009 12:24:00 AM

I would not recommend this for people with fair skin, it doesnt show up much but I guess subtlety is the point of this product. I do like the slight sheen that it gives me face and if I learn to apply it right, I know I can definitely do some nice contouring on my face. And being that its winter I know itll look better in the summer when I have a little bit of color from the sun. It does make my skin feel super soft, even my boyfriend noticed and he wouldn't blink if I shaved my head lol.

Would not repurchase simply because Im not sure this is the right highlighter for my fair skin.

on 12/23/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is one of my HG products. I didn't buy it for a long time because it looked crazy in the pan. But I just broke down and bought it...and WOW, what a great purchase. It gives my NW35 complexion a beautiful glow where ever I put it...Over or under blush, just above the bow of my lips, down the middle of my nose, to accentuate my cheekbones, a highlighter under my eyebrows, anywhere I want a warm glow. The first time I wore it I got compliments. It's not glittery or greasy looking, it just gives a nice glow. LUV LUV LUV!

on 12/22/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I ordered the duo albatross/torrid last week & it arrived today, I really haven't gotten to use it but I'm looking forward to using it very soon!!

on 12/22/2009 8:31:00 PM

This really is just a gorgeous golden highlighter that seems to look good on almost everyone. I have it in the split pan with Lovejoy and they are gorgeous together. Albatross looks good with any blush of course. Great for under the brows, inner corner of eye, etc. O.k. now I'm just repeating what everyone else has already said. Just buy it and try it already! You won't be sorry.

on 12/22/2009 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not going to lie. This stuff looks scary in the pan. Which is the main reason I didn't purchase this a long time ago. I figured it was going to be clown white or just a white pearl
(in which i can just use a frosted white pigment) but, don't let the looks of it fool you. If you look closely, you'll see that it has a pearly yellowish tint to it. When applied to your face, it goes on as a sheer golden yellow pearly sheen with a slight shimmer. A little goes a long way, and it is perfect to highlight your cheekbones, nose, brow bone and forehead. Or, if you'd just like to add a little extra glow to your face. This has become one of my beauty essentials and practical for every day. Some of my other favorites are MAC Honour Blush & MAC New Vegas Mineralize Skinfinish. This is similar, but more natural. Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this to give Kim a radiant glow. You can noticeably see in the following picture that she's wearing it on her face and neck. continued >>

Top Rated NARS Products