Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 4/15/2003 10:20:00 AM

I've read about Becca in a few magazines, so when i was next in sydney was keen to try it. I'm quite happy with the results, it gives me a more even appearing skin tone. It is quite sheer, though i wasn't after a heavy foundation. you have to spend extra time blending in it, and i tend to wear a moisturiser underneath (aveda) even though they say you don't have to. I have combo skin with oily t-zone and i don't usually have a problem with excess oil at the end of the day. i finish with the compact powder (also by becca). i am yet to experience more break outs (touch wood!) as some MUAers have. overall a good foundation - especially since its well colour matched to my skin tone! (a first for me!)

I like the finish only when topped w/ the Becca LP. It does look really good, but only for a while if you have oily / combo skin, because it will turn dirty / shiny.

Love the scent tho. I have light, yellow toned skin and Camel was a pretty nice match.

on 3/16/2003 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation. The color I purchased - olive - blends into my skin perfectly and I really like the SPF 30. But this is a very sheer foundation - more sheer than I expected. I have to sort of 'layer' it on to get any real coverage. Also, I was not very impressed with the plastic plump bottle. The color is a great match for me, but I won't be purchasing this again, especially for $35,

on 3/16/2003 6:09:00 AM

I know how everyone raves about this product on MUA but unfortunately, i think it makes me break out as this product does contain a lot of oily ingredients. :( The texture of this foundation IMO is best suited for someone with normal/dry skin types as it is quite moisturising. Perhaps a good foundation for winter. It gives sheer coverage but i still prefer Prescriptives virtual skin which has a better finish. On the other hand, Becca's concealer works just fine on me! Go to beccacosmetics.com for ingredient lists.

on 3/11/2003 4:56:00 PM

I tried Sand and Camel. Camel was a little dark and Sand was a little light. I think Cashmere might be the perfect match(LLL) but I have not tried it. Sand looked ok on me if I blended it very well and I like the finish at first. However, it darkened after an hour or so and eventually turned my face grey and muddy. I am not going to buy this.

on 3/10/2003 1:56:00 PM

I have been a long time Make Up Forever Face/Body Foundation user. I really like it alot! The "ready to wear" colors were not quite a match for my coloring so I
needed a custom blend. Not the most convenient thing!

Enter Becca and the color "Nude". It's perfect for me. Looks like my skin but evens out any color discrepencies. I do not need a foundation with heavy coverage, so this one is ideal. I love it in combination with the loose powder. I get exactly the kind of finish I'd been hoping for. Sheer, dewy and soft. It's really nice on my mature, normal to slightly dry skin. Does not accent any little lines or imperfections and looks natural.

I wouldn't recommend this foundation for oily skins (this is noted on Becca website!). I would recommend this for anyone else who basically wants the amount of sheer coverage a tinted moisturizer can provide.

on 3/6/2003 4:43:00 AM

This foundation does exactly what it is called- Luminous skin colour, and thats about it. Yes, this will give you perfect looking skin....after about an hour of covering every little red spot that shows up. This foundation has all the good stuff in it...spf's, vitamins, moisturising agents, but what it gains in all that, it lacks in coverage.
Tempting, but an unfortunate no-go for me.

on 2/28/2003 11:33:00 PM

I was sold on the color range and the idea of using a sheer foundation and cover up the redness with the Becca stick. I do not like this foundation at all - its sticky and disappears on my skin (even using a primer). I will continue with Linda Cantello tinted moisturizer and forget foundation.

on 6/20/2002 3:13:00 AM

Love this. Absolutely love it. It gives skin the most divine glow, without being too obviously sparkly. The SPF 20 factor is excellent as well, especially in Australia. A wonderfully hydrating, protecting foundation, and so easy to apply.

on 2/19/2003 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is what I've been searching for - Yes its very sheer -but it does what it says and delivers a luminous look which allows your own skin to show through. I was advised by the Sales adviser at SpaceNK in London to take the 'Nude' shade. I'm very fair with neutral undertones (no obvious pink or yellow ) and tend to look washed out - this perked my skin (and me) up a treat. Thanks Becca!