E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/19/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this. I use the mascara to give my lashes just a bit of definition and to help hold curl. It looks great and lasts all day. The brow side isn't sticky, doesn't flake off, and also lasts all day for me. The fact that it's a dollar makes me love it even more! Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/16/2008 9:56:00 PM

When I don't have time to use my NYC Browser I slap on some of this clear brow Mascara to keep things in place. It works fairly well, but it doesn't last all day. Also, I cannot recommend this for eye mascara...when I tried it, my eyes started burning unbearably! I'll keep it on my eyebrows, thanks. Also, if you use any kind of pencil or powder you run the risk of turning your eyebrow gel a lovely brown color as the wand picks up traces of pigment.

on 5/15/2008 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Both the brow gel and clear mascara are fantastic at keeping my brows in place. I can't believe something that only costs $1 works this well. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/11/2008 1:32:00 AM

I really like the brow gel, it's not sticky, holds my eyebrows all day, fragrance free, doesn't turn white on your eyebrows, and not to mention it's only $1.

I use to buy Body Shop's brow gel, but it's the same quality as the e.l.f. product, and not to mention it's way more expensive!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is great as a clear mascara, which seems to lengthen my eyelashes without it looking like I actually put on mascara. but as a brow gel it's practically worthless, with no hold at all. I wish this didn't come as a duo, because I never use the brow gel side.

on 4/22/2008 9:49:00 AM

Using this is basically just like brushing my eyebrows. Which is enough for some people's brows to stay straight all day (and might explain the positive reviews for this as a brow product!), but for me, it is totally useless. I have no use for it as a mascara, so I can't really comment on that.

on 4/15/2008 2:09:00 PM

I don't much like the mascara end of this - I use it only to separate my bottom eyelashes occasionally.
But the brow gel is great - it dries clear, isn't sticky, and doesn't give you anything to complain about.

I keep this in my purse for "just in case", along with the one dollar mascara from ELF. It's also great when you have a tiny purse for your night out, and need to fit some essentials in.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this brow clear mascara, it doesn't turn white on my eyebrows and let them looking straight and feeling soft, and the other end really gives a nice glossy finish when you put it on top of your black mascara. I also like the fact that all the elf products come in small containers because I finish them really fast and get new ones so bacteria doesn't grow for months in the products.

on 3/18/2008 7:31:00 PM

This eye-brow tamer is great! I used the mascara...and it didn't seem to do much for my eyes. But the brow gel is fabulous, and it really tames by eyebrows in the morning. They aren't hard or anything...just soft and straight. I really love this product and will continuously buy it for the brows.
EDIT: I have found a new way of using it: On my lower lashes. Personally, actual black mascara is too harsh for my lower lashes. But this is perfect.

on 3/16/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Can't complain for a dollar. I buy these when I order from drugstore.com because, although I have used brands that hold brows better and have much better brushes (Origins Brow Fix and Ardell), this does the job relatively well for cheap. The most important thing is that this does not flake or turn white on brows. Honestly if you added up the number of uses I get it would probably be even money with the Ardell, but there is SO little product in the ELF that it forces you to replace it very often which I guess is good. I get skeeved when my gel goes cloudy anyway. I pull the two ends apart and put one in my bag and leave one at home.