beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 6/7/2013 10:32:00 AM

I was a little hesitant to buy this product since i preferred to stick to my brushes. But I heard such rave reviews about this product that I wanted to give it a shot. I was considering buying a dupe, but figured I should give a the original one a chance.

This sponge may look ordinary but I was really impressed by it! It doesn't feel like a normal sponge at all.

When I used it to apply liquid products like my liquid foundation, bb cream and concealer, I could see that it made my makeup super seamless and smooth! My foundation had no streaks at all and it kinda looked like my second skin!

on 6/6/2013 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

A must have for applying my BB Cream. I soak it with water first and ring it out so its kind of wet which makes applying my bb cream so much better :)

UPDATE: Sept 24/13

I still love the beauty blender but I found something that works even better. The real technique buffing brush by Samantha Chapman ( You can find it at any Walmart) is amazing when applying liquid foundation or a BB cream.

on 6/5/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beauty Blender, where have you been all my life? I love this little guy! I love the feel when you add water and it expands. I love how soft it feels against my skin. It was pretty expensive compared to similar sponges, I paid almost $30 CAD for just one, at Sephora, when I've seen similar sponges for less than $10. But none of the other sponges had the pointy end which is great for getting into the smaller spaces beside your nose and inner corners of your eyes. The only thing I hate about this sponge is that it never really gets clean. No matter how many times I try to wash it, a little bit of foundation always remains. Oh, and I use my face wash (or sometimes, shampoo) to wash my sponge (I researched online and found that using the cleanser that comes with it doesn't clean any better -it still remains stained). It takes about a week of air-drying for the little guy to shrink back to it's original size. I kept the little plastic container it came in, for storage. Would I repurchase this? hellz yeah, my friend, I love this little guy!

on 6/4/2013 10:15:00 AM

Best makeup purchase I have made in a long time! EVERY foundation I have tried this with, it has made it look more flawless and I've had to use less product. Plus it speeds up the time I have to take on foundation and concealer! Absolutely 100% worth the $25 that I spent on my two-pack. Only (very, very small and insignificant) problem I have found is that some foundations tend to stain the beauty blender (i.e. Revlon colorstay) but I can absolutely live with this!
One recommendation: I found that the best way to clean this is just with a regular face cleanser with a more liquid, soapy, gel-like consistency (not sure what this is called--not a cream or foam), something like the Cetaphil facial cleanser. I find that this type of cleanser gets the product out fast and doesn't get stuck in the sponge.
Everyone needs this in their makeup collection! Worth the hype!

on 6/2/2013 9:50:00 AM

Love the beauty blender, applies makeup flawlessly.

However I have concerns, as the blender is slightly wet when using, I am afraid that this is affect my sunscreen. What I mean about that is, will the water remove some of the sunscreen (I put that on first every morning, and let it soak in a few mins), making it less effective?

I use la roche posay anthelios 50 (i have very very fair skin). However, I am sure this sunscreen is not water proof and I don't want to change to another one because it really suits my skin best.

I sent a message to beauty blender but don't know if their response will be bias, are there any dermatologists out there who could answer this question for me?

on 6/1/2013 11:00:00 PM

Cons : expensive
Pros ; no dupe can compare trust me
Airbrush finish
Blends amazingly
Miracle make up applying products
Amazing that's all simply radiant and glowing skin like I've never seen before I'm in love with this method of putting make up on woo

on 5/29/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried various other brands of sponges and they all did a decent job, so I gave into the hype and bought the 2 pack and I love it! I really do, and for the only simple reason that I have tried for years to find something that will set my under eye concealer from creasing with no luck until now. I apply my concealer and do not even have to set it with and powder and it will not crease. I like the finish it gives my foundation. I have a big problem with hyperpigmentation and ache scars and this helps to apply concealer and foundation flawlessly.

on 5/22/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my GOSH! Now I understand what the hype is all about over a sponge that costs USD $20.00. I was very hesitant to buy this, thinking a sponge would give me sheer application, as like all sponges I have used did. Let me tell you, it doesn't matter what kind of foundation I use, this BB makes my face looks so airbrushed and flawless. It makes your makeup apply like butter, blending everything out without harsh lines. It's even better for your skin because instead of RUBBING products in, your tapping it on the skin, causing less irritation. I am very acne prone and have lots of acne scar. This tool really helps my foundation glide on evenly and gives me full coverage. I love the pointed ends too, it really helps with blending under eye concealer and blending in general. Great great product. Worth the hype. For 20$ this has replaced all my foundation, concealer, and blending brushes. For people complaining it's not working, maybe because you aren't squeezing the excessive water enough. I am in love with this product. I love it so much and I will continue to use it.

on 5/18/2013 4:47:00 PM

I love this product. With it, my face looks flawless and the foundation is invisible. A lot of people complain that it absorbs too much product. Well it is a sponge, if your foundation is water based, then it probably will absorb some product. But this is what I do, I apply my foundation with a foundation brush and then, I use the beauty blender with the rest of the product in order to blend everything. It works great this way, the product that is left is added very sheerly, but the most import thing is that the foundation is blended very well and no cakeyness is left. I use Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation, which is very watery, so retouching and blending with the beauty blender does not absorb the product instead of applying it, but rather evens the skin tone. I would definitely recommend it.

on 5/18/2013 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really didn't want to like this sponge, but I do like it. I like it for powder foundations, it made my Burberry powder just melt into my skin giving wonderful coverage, not cakey, not powdery in the least. The trick is you need to use this with the right foundations, I used this with my bb cream and thought it was crap, but with my Koh Gen Doh foundation it is gorgeous. No streaks, no blending, you don't end up looking cakey or using too much foundation either, wonderful :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools