September 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by AlPi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally caved in to buy this product. For you girls in Canada don't buy it from Sephora because the price compared to sites online is insane! I got mine off cherrycuture.com. It's site is great! I also love NYX products so I got a bunch of those plus my beauty blender for much cheaper than in Canada. Overall this is for sheer coverage so I wouldn't recommend this to those who like or need full coverage. However for those looking for a sheer to light medium natural coverage I'd most definitely recommend this! Happy shopping.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I buy this sponge over and over again.. it is well worth the $20.00.. I have bought knockoffs of the Beauty Blender, even the sephora version and it just doesn't compare. This is great for patting, blending, esp. around crease areas and evening out makeup/concealer/foundation. If you are on the fence.. buy it! One of my favorite tools!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I resisted buying this for years because I thought it was gimmicky, but after I caved and bought a pack of two BB, I have no regrets! When used damp, the BB sponge gives almost all my foundations that perfect, skin-like finish without making it cakey, too thin or too thick. I like applying my foundation in dots all over my face first and then using a damp BB to stipple it out. Even matte foundations like MUFE Mat Velvet and Revlon Colorstay look more natural when applied this way. Honestly, the Beauty Blender makes all my foundation brushes and my other sponges obsolete. (I threw about half my brushes after buying this sponge. I wish I found it sooner so I didn't have to waste so much money on brushes!)

Even if you're a skeptic about this product like I was, I recommend giving it a try. Its density and shape makes it superior to applying foundation, even though I'm not sure how it does such a thing. The round part of the "egg" shape can be used to stipple foundation over large areas of your face, while the pointier end is helpful for wrapping around the corners of your nose.

EDIT: You don't need to buy the actual BB cleanser. I just use my foaming makeup remover to clean my BB, although I've heard of people just using Dove soap or something similar to do it. The pink version WILL bleed (which is normal) and both the pink and white versions will stain, so there's no way around it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by EyeshadowArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

To anyone looking at my lippies and wondering "Why so low?" I should add that this sponge is ONLY GOOD FOR SHEER COVERAGE.

To my fellow ladies who need heavy coverage for mild rosacea (like me) or whatever, this will not do it. I should have known - anything that you have to dampen, unless it's bone dry by the time you apply, will sheer your makeup.

I really want to give it one lippie, but I don't want to seem to negative, because this is great for sheer application!

Also - I hated the packaging, and I feel like applying took longer than with my real techniques face brush.

Oh - and I read so many reviews saying how they did it, I followed every step extra carefully, and I watched tutorials. I did it correctly, it just isn't for me.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing the crazy raves everywhere on blogs and Sephora online, I gave in to purchasing this product. It isn't cheap, I bought two sponges and the cleanser for 40$ on the Sephora website. Needless to say, I had very high expectations.

I REALLY REALLY like this sponge applicator. The shape is great for applying to small corners around your face due to the small tip and circular sides. The sponge may look small when it is dry, smaller than the palm of my hand, but after running it under water it expanded to around double of its size. This applicator only works with the "stippling technique" and it does give you this nice HD finish. Even my friends were asking if I did something different with my makeup because of how good the foundation looked. ;)

The down side to this in terms of foundation application is that like most sponges, it absorbs a TON of the product. I would suggest dabbing the make up on your face with your fingers then blending (in this case "stippling") the foundation out. Saves some product for the future right?

I didn't particular enjoy the plastic "stand" thing to hold the sponge, I found that using it as recommended actually damaged my sponge, so instead I would just place it on top rather than in the plastic teeth things to hold it up.

This sponge is obviously reusable, I have heard that many people skipped the cleaner and just used baby shampoo to clean it. I however really like the cleanser. It has maintained my sponge in tip top shape and the color. It also has a great formula removing with no problem the foundation absorbed by the sponge.

A great purchase over all, no regrets here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is the best foundation applicator I've ever used. You cannot compare brushes or other sponges to this. The shape is amazing, it bounces the foundation on your skin so nicely, and it has no edges so no streaks. Absolutely love it. HG product for sure!
It is expensive, which sucks, but it is totally worth it. I didn't buy the cleaner for it, I use unscented baby shampoo to clean all my brushes. But, MAKE SURE you CLEAN it frequently, especially if you have acne!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i finally caved in and bought this. i really wasnt happy about the price, but id heard a lot of good things about this and figured i'd treat myself for my birthday. goodle turned up bbautyshop.com (NA) selling these at 16.49 (+ about $4 for shipping) for a pack of 2. heres the link:

i'd never ordered from them before, but had no problems. shipping was decently quick, and everything arrived just as i expected.

ok, so i normally use just my fingers to apply my foundation over top of ss and primer. with the beautyblender i dot some foundation around my cheek, and then use the dampened sponge to bounce it all around that cheek. and i gotta say i'm impressed! the sponge makes blending out foundation super easy and quick. the BEST part though, is this: apparently when i was using just my fingers to apply foundation if there was any un-evenness in my skin-- acne, indented scars, etc-- the foundation would get swiped off of the high points and left in the deeper parts. so what i ended up with was too much foundation applied, and none of it even covered any pimples i happened to have, so then i had to dab concealer on those parts. and i thought i was doing everything right but just couldnt understand why my skin didnt look as perfect as it shodul after the MU. THIS made the difference! instead of just swishing the pigment from the foundation around on my face, the beautyblender evenly dabbed it all around. so i ended up with a much lighter coverage of foundation all over my face, but all the raised points/acne was covered! after a bit of concealer (i'm loving KASSE!) my skin truly does look perfect! i couldnt be happier! to apply concealer i use my fingertip to dab a TINY bit on the area i want concealed, and then use the pointy end of the BB to gently blend it out. the end result looks more like skin than when i apply my foundation just with fingertips.

all said and done, i dont regret purchasing the BB. its still a shame they're so expensive, but i'm hoping they'll last me quite a long time to make up for it. when they eventually get worn out, i MIGHT re-purchase, if i can find them on sale. if i cant, i'm likely going to try out some of the knock-offs :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All of the previous reviews are spot-on. It does an AH MA ZING job delivering a flawless foundation finish, is a pain to clean, and spendy. But I love it. My only question is this: Does anyone have any comparison to make between this and the cheapy, wedge-shaped drugstore sponges? Curious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Where has this been all my makeup days of my life??? I had heard so much about the beauty blender so I decided to pick up a double pack from Sephora. I watched a few tutorials on YouTube as to how to use it. OMG this stuff applies foundation and under eye concealer like a dream! Say goodbye to cake face for good! I am so impressed by this tool. I love it.

For the price of this the packaging is a bit cheap, the thing that holds the sponge in place kind of pokes into it. So I think it created a little hole that I wish was not there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by pokette

I tried to hold off buying the Beautyblender because I found it way too expensive for a piece of sponge. I bought a dupe from ebay which was absolutely awful! When I finally received the Beautyblender as a birthday present, I then understood what the hype was all about.

I thought my Sigma F80 applied liquid foundation like a dream! The Beautyblender is even better in my opinion. It applies liquid foundation and blends it so effortlessly!

I noticed that if you don't wash off the excess liquid foundation immediately after use, it stains the sponge slightly. I didn't notice any bleeding of the colour of the sponge, but I did notice some discolouration on the area that gets into contact with the liquid foundation and my face.

I wish the Beautyblender weren't so expensive and I wish they were longer-lasting and studier the way brushes are. Oh well!