beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Pros:
- blends like a dream
- easy to use
- easy to clean
- lasts forever
- multi purpose

Cons:
- pricey for an sponge
- stains with foundation & loses the lovely pink pop colour
- have to go to the washroom and damp it with every use

I use this for my foundation and even if I use a brush for my foundation, I will use to this to smooth it to make sure it is not cakey/ heavy. Can be used for concealer, foundation, highlighter/ any cream product that needs blending. <3 I have 3 of them and i absolutely adore them. Make sure you store in open space where it is given a chance to dry and prevent bacteria build up. Frequent washing is alway recommended. Got my for the best price at Cherry Culture.

on 4/19/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So like many others I was extremely skeptical about buying a sponge that costs $26 CDN before tax. However after using it, I have joined the beauty blender cult because it makes my foundation go on even more flawlessly than my favorite foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face brush). The only thing I don't like (which is why I bumped off a lippie) is how fragile it is, I used mine for only a few months and the top ripped while I was washing it. However, I will still repurchase but this time I'll probably order it off Amazon so I can get a better deal.

on 4/18/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow. Quickest and easiest way to apply my foundation, with an absolutely flawless finish. I loved my Sigmax brushes for quite a while but I don't think I'll be going back to them. Literally amazing.

Without a doubt my HG makeup tool. I was interested in trying this little guy from the reviews of various beauty blogs so was delighted when I received one in my March Birch Box. I literally don't know what I did before it, it leaves my foundation looking flawless and no matter how many times I go back to my brushes (even my lovely real techniques), I just can't achieve the same flawless finish. Tip - ensure the sponge is properly damp for the most amazing and product efficient use!

on 4/16/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you walk by this pink little guy all the time in Sephora and think to yourself "why the heck would I pay that much for a sponge, what's it got that one for the drug store doesn't?" Well, you've been missing out! And shame on you. However, I have to admit, I was one of those - for awhile - and suffering from terrible liquid foundation application. Until I finally purchased it after many walk-bys and reading wonderful reviews on here, and watching tutorials online. Honestly, I had no idea what all the fuss was about? It's a brightly coloured sponge - so what? Well, it's honestly the best applicator I have ever used. Better than brushes, my fingers and any other type or brand of sponge on the market. It makes applying SO easy and fast. Leaves a flawless finish. It's a breeze to clean. And I just store it in the container it came in, which is great! Stop walking by this, and purchase! Trust me. You won't be disappointed! And will wish you had of bought it a long time ago!

on 4/15/2013 8:40:00 PM

Ok, I would have never tried this for the price I saw it at Sephora, but they put one in my Birchbox so I gave it a try. It is by FAR the best liquid foundation applicator ever!

on 4/15/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

In all honesty, this is probably the best sponge I have every used. My mom and I have bought all of the makeup sponges Sephora had to offer. The Beauty Blender however is more friendlier to the face due to its soft material. Although it is more on the expensive side, I would buy it again. The reason people complain about the sponge absorbing too much product is because they squeeze out too much water which leaves room for foundation to be absorbed in. Also, this sponge DOES NOT work well with sheer or oil based products. Think about it, you're using water to damp it and then oil products, it doesn't go hand in hand. Also, maintaining the sponge properly will make sure you do not break out on your face due to bacterial build up. Clean it after every use, and you will receive great results from this sponger. Completely recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Obsessed!!!!!!! Love love love it! I use this for liquids and powders! Nothing compares . I love to saturate it with grape water from caudalie to apply foundations!

on 4/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I was finally convince from all the hype all over the internet/youtube and purchase this. Yes it sure is great and all in all amazing! Yet........ It soaks up like no other.... And the price is ridiculously high. I would recommended the sephora "the perfectionist" blending sponge for $12... SAME feeling. SAME COVERAGE AND SAME FINISH!!!!! Also for a lowered price. The london soho would come close. But i wish i could literally return it. Waste of my time and money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the sponge is great at applying a flawless foundation look, but it made me break out something fierce ALL over my face when I'm only acne prone around my nose and chin. It's a breeding ground for bacteria if you don't clean it and immediately dry it EVERYDAY after EVERY application. I stopped using it and immediately my face cleared up. I've read that mold and bacteria grows on it while it's wet and here I am, pushing it into my face. Big mistake! I'm disappointed I wasted my money, but because it DOES apply a flawless makeup application, I will save it for Halloween when it's a one time use.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools