September 2, 2014 | 1044 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is the best foundation applicator I've ever used. You cannot compare brushes or other sponges to this. The shape is amazing, it bounces the foundation on your skin so nicely, and it has no edges so no streaks. Absolutely love it. HG product for sure!
It is expensive, which sucks, but it is totally worth it. I didn't buy the cleaner for it, I use unscented baby shampoo to clean all my brushes. But, MAKE SURE you CLEAN it frequently, especially if you have acne!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i finally caved in and bought this. i really wasnt happy about the price, but id heard a lot of good things about this and figured i'd treat myself for my birthday. goodle turned up bbautyshop.com (NA) selling these at 16.49 (+ about $4 for shipping) for a pack of 2. heres the link:

i'd never ordered from them before, but had no problems. shipping was decently quick, and everything arrived just as i expected.

ok, so i normally use just my fingers to apply my foundation over top of ss and primer. with the beautyblender i dot some foundation around my cheek, and then use the dampened sponge to bounce it all around that cheek. and i gotta say i'm impressed! the sponge makes blending out foundation super easy and quick. the BEST part though, is this: apparently when i was using just my fingers to apply foundation if there was any un-evenness in my skin-- acne, indented scars, etc-- the foundation would get swiped off of the high points and left in the deeper parts. so what i ended up with was too much foundation applied, and none of it even covered any pimples i happened to have, so then i had to dab concealer on those parts. and i thought i was doing everything right but just couldnt understand why my skin didnt look as perfect as it shodul after the MU. THIS made the difference! instead of just swishing the pigment from the foundation around on my face, the beautyblender evenly dabbed it all around. so i ended up with a much lighter coverage of foundation all over my face, but all the raised points/acne was covered! after a bit of concealer (i'm loving KASSE!) my skin truly does look perfect! i couldnt be happier! to apply concealer i use my fingertip to dab a TINY bit on the area i want concealed, and then use the pointy end of the BB to gently blend it out. the end result looks more like skin than when i apply my foundation just with fingertips.

all said and done, i dont regret purchasing the BB. its still a shame they're so expensive, but i'm hoping they'll last me quite a long time to make up for it. when they eventually get worn out, i MIGHT re-purchase, if i can find them on sale. if i cant, i'm likely going to try out some of the knock-offs :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All of the previous reviews are spot-on. It does an AH MA ZING job delivering a flawless foundation finish, is a pain to clean, and spendy. But I love it. My only question is this: Does anyone have any comparison to make between this and the cheapy, wedge-shaped drugstore sponges? Curious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Where has this been all my makeup days of my life??? I had heard so much about the beauty blender so I decided to pick up a double pack from Sephora. I watched a few tutorials on YouTube as to how to use it. OMG this stuff applies foundation and under eye concealer like a dream! Say goodbye to cake face for good! I am so impressed by this tool. I love it.

For the price of this the packaging is a bit cheap, the thing that holds the sponge in place kind of pokes into it. So I think it created a little hole that I wish was not there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by pokette

I tried to hold off buying the Beautyblender because I found it way too expensive for a piece of sponge. I bought a dupe from ebay which was absolutely awful! When I finally received the Beautyblender as a birthday present, I then understood what the hype was all about.

I thought my Sigma F80 applied liquid foundation like a dream! The Beautyblender is even better in my opinion. It applies liquid foundation and blends it so effortlessly!

I noticed that if you don't wash off the excess liquid foundation immediately after use, it stains the sponge slightly. I didn't notice any bleeding of the colour of the sponge, but I did notice some discolouration on the area that gets into contact with the liquid foundation and my face.

I wish the Beautyblender weren't so expensive and I wish they were longer-lasting and studier the way brushes are. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't waste your money on the dupes like I did- Beautyblender is the real deal. It makes even the cheapest foundation apply like a dream, blends all manner of color on your face, and comes in very handy for those times you go a little overboard with the powder.

Unlike the imitators, this sponge doesn't suck up too much product during the application process. Use it when it's slightly wet, and rinse after each use. It might seem like a lot of money to spend on a sponge, but after you buy it, you won't care about the cost.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great as an applicator for liquid foundations -- easy to use, just soak in water, squeeze excess out and bounce foundation onto face. It gives a seamless very natural look.

Cons: It's pretty hard to clean. I bought the beauty blender cleanser and it takes more than a few squeezes to make sure the sponge is foundation free. Also, you need to be very careful about drying it -- mine was sitting in the bathroom and grew spots of black mold in less than a month. I imagine if you leave it out to air dry in a drier climate, it might be better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the beautyblender! I purchased mine from makeup geek.com for $19 I believe. Before discovering it, I tried using my fingers to apply foundation and different types of foundation brushes. I don't like brushes, I think they use a ton of product and make my face look streaky afterwards (and yes I paid top dollar for the stupid MAC brushes and got a tutorial at the MAC counter so I do know what I'm doing-don't start with me). The beautyblender doesn't leave any streaks at all which is why I like it and it uses far less make up than brushes or my fingers.

Just a tip, go to make up geek and watch the tutorial on how to use this tool. It will work better if you use it properly. You are supposed to use it damp (not soaking wet, and not dry as a bone) and you aren't supposed to "apply" your make up with it. You dot your foundation around your face with your finger and then you use the blender to BLEND it. You don't put the make up on the blender, it's a sponge of course it is going to absorb make up if you try to use it to apply the make up. If you use it to blend it out it does an excellent job.

As far as it bleeding, I haven't experienced that when I washed it. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm wondering if they came from different lots in the manufacturer or something?? Not sure.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ivamt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Beauty Blender is super soft, and that's my favorite thing about it. That's also really the only difference between it and another blending sponge. You get the same results. It's great for the eye area because it applies makeup so gently. I don't know whether its worth the price though yet.

I washed it a few times now and each time the dye has bled. Not liking that.
The first time, the dye bled a lot. Now the sponge is a lighter pink color.
Im also starting to feel like it takes less time to just use my hand/fingers for foundation application then using this. Eiether way you get nice results.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Glor21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best product that i ever used to blend my makeup
do the work so quickly! and the Foundation looks natural on the skin MUST HAVE
use this product when it's a little bit wet!