Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 10/5/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

colouring: asain MAC NC30-35
I like this as a liner! I used it for a bit, then put it away for a bit, then i rediscovered it. It is a bit much for people with paler skin or blond hair imho, but it you have dark hair or darker skin tones i think it can be very dramatic or sexy depending on how its used. It has incredible staying power and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. I like to moisten/dilute it with saline solution which helps things stick better.

on 10/1/2004 12:15:00 AM

Not only my favorite of the gel eyeliner line, but my favorite e/l of all time. I love that it's true black with NO grey at all, I love that it never comes off until I want it to, I love that I can use it to line my inner rims because it won't budge and ruin my eyes. In short, I love it (now that I got the hang of applying it, and can get the job done in under a minute!). :)

on 9/8/2004 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's perfect, really, no joke, it's heaven in a little jar that costs alot of money but really $18 for heaven is not a bad price. I tend to have oily lids, eyeshadow always creases on me (unless I wear mac paints) anywho, I wear lots of lotion too because I'm scared of wrinkles, and this stuff doesn't budge, ever. I wore this too a sweaty Strokes concert and I left the concert with my lovely UD Gash lipstick all over my chin and face but my e/l was absolutely perfect, in place, no raccoon eyes, no smudgies. Can you ask for more?

I bought this a few months ago and somehow forgot about it until I purchased new eyeshadow brushes. It when on easily with a mini eyebrow brush. It is easy to darken the line with more product and also smudge it to make it look gray. The application of this liner lasts for hours without reapplying, and doesn't smudge which is fantastic since I have really oily eyelids. I like this product a lot and am planning to purchase her new black plum gel eyeliner. So far I haven't like anything else from her line except this and her lipsticks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ehh...i have mixed feelings about this product. First of all it cost me about 25 dollars to get. Then I found out that it's not just a pen-style eyeliner, but it comes in a tub. So then you have to go buy a separate eyeliner brush. And since the brush at the bobbi brown counter was about 17 dollars, i went next door to sephora and bought one for eight. So in all this product, when used for the first time is extremley expensive. It lasts a long time though...in the tub. When you actually put the stuff on, it doesn't really last that long and i still ended up with my eyeliner down around my dark under eye circles within two hours. In my opinion, this stuff is too hard to use, takes up too much time and is too expensive for the quality and the finished product that it gives. Don't waste your money.

on 7/12/2004 1:36:00 PM

I am a DDD and I have repurchased this item at least twice because its such a great eyeliner. The key is to use the proper application brush. The product really doesn't budge all day, which is saying a lot for me because liners always move or fade on my oily lids. My only complaint is that it needs about a minute to dry and set, so you have to do one eye and keep it shut for a minute. Then repeat with the other eye. So I had to remove one lippie for that.

on 7/1/2004 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Pros: smooth lining, rich dark line
Cons: wil smudge on oily lids ... and doesn't work well with my cream shadows, anything waxy as it will smudge the liner...

on 6/22/2004 3:34:00 AM

This looks great upon first applying, but totally smudged on me. I prepped my eyelids making sure they were clean and non-greasy, even tried putting powder first but nothing worked. Within an hour I had major panda eyes. *SIGH* I love the gel, it was so easy to apply, but why oh why can't it work on me? I'm giving it 3 lipsticks because I love it, cept that it smudges and is quite expensive. Update: I rarely use this cuz when I do I have to keep doing mirror checks and clean up smudges below my eyes. Nothing I've tried will stop it from smudging.

on 6/14/2004 10:52:00 PM

Yep! It's the BEST! Lasts longer than stila in my opinion

on 6/14/2004 3:07:00 PM

The best. You can't go wrong with this eyeliner. It's light years ahead of any other product out there (except Stila's version). A true black eyeliner that lasts ALL day until you wash it off. I use this everyday and can't live without it. Make sure you have the right brush though. The BB one works and so does the Stila #4.