Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 11/8/2004 12:00:00 PM

Foolproof eyeliner, texture that glides on, can be smudged or built up for a more dramatic effect. Works especially well with the bobbi brown eyeliner brush. Quite expensive but i doubt you could finish the pot in years!

on 11/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

Another recent discovery, which is now my HG black eyeliner. Black eye-liner has always been my staple product since the age of 15. I'm now 20 and have since then tried several brands from pencils to crayons to liquid liners. At first I was a bit pessimistic about this product as I didn't think application would be simple. However after reading the reviews on MUA, I went and purchased it along with the BB eyeliner brush. I used it to create a thin line above my lashline, and the application was simple and flawless. The colour is a rich intense black and the staying power is great. It is smudge-proof yet comes off easily with water. The only con is having to wash the brush after every application (because if you don't, the bristles stiffen). The price is quite steep, however I can see this product lasting me for at least two years.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

wow! I love this! definitely beats pencils and liquid liners. dramatic and easy application. looks fab! must buy the brush for perfect results. definitely a repurchase.

on 11/5/2004 6:02:00 PM

I don't know how I ever did my MU without this stuff. It is awesome. Before I found out about it, I used Smashbox's version and by the end of the day it would always end up underneath my eyes, which actually accentuated my undereye circles! Not cute. At first I was turned off by how much it cost, but don't be, because one pot really goes a long way. It glides on my eye so easily and really gives my eyes that extra oomph. The lasting power is great. I especially like to use it when I am wearing neutral/earthtone e/s. I can never go back to pencil! P.S. I have also tried the Stila Smudgepots and I didn't like them nearly as much. I found them to be too drying, reminded me of cement in a way.

on 10/20/2004 8:10:00 PM

I'm conflicted about this one. I like cake eyeliners, but this one tends to crumble and slide when I apply it. It has a really great dark, opaque black, and once dry it doesn't budge, but I always find myself going over it with a black powder to get a good, consistent effect. Though it's one of the few really dark blacks out there, I still wouldn't drop so much cash on this one again.

on 10/5/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

colouring: asain MAC NC30-35
I like this as a liner! I used it for a bit, then put it away for a bit, then i rediscovered it. It is a bit much for people with paler skin or blond hair imho, but it you have dark hair or darker skin tones i think it can be very dramatic or sexy depending on how its used. It has incredible staying power and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. I like to moisten/dilute it with saline solution which helps things stick better.

on 10/1/2004 12:15:00 AM

Not only my favorite of the gel eyeliner line, but my favorite e/l of all time. I love that it's true black with NO grey at all, I love that it never comes off until I want it to, I love that I can use it to line my inner rims because it won't budge and ruin my eyes. In short, I love it (now that I got the hang of applying it, and can get the job done in under a minute!). :)

on 9/8/2004 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's perfect, really, no joke, it's heaven in a little jar that costs alot of money but really $18 for heaven is not a bad price. I tend to have oily lids, eyeshadow always creases on me (unless I wear mac paints) anywho, I wear lots of lotion too because I'm scared of wrinkles, and this stuff doesn't budge, ever. I wore this too a sweaty Strokes concert and I left the concert with my lovely UD Gash lipstick all over my chin and face but my e/l was absolutely perfect, in place, no raccoon eyes, no smudgies. Can you ask for more?

I bought this a few months ago and somehow forgot about it until I purchased new eyeshadow brushes. It when on easily with a mini eyebrow brush. It is easy to darken the line with more product and also smudge it to make it look gray. The application of this liner lasts for hours without reapplying, and doesn't smudge which is fantastic since I have really oily eyelids. I like this product a lot and am planning to purchase her new black plum gel eyeliner. So far I haven't like anything else from her line except this and her lipsticks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ehh...i have mixed feelings about this product. First of all it cost me about 25 dollars to get. Then I found out that it's not just a pen-style eyeliner, but it comes in a tub. So then you have to go buy a separate eyeliner brush. And since the brush at the bobbi brown counter was about 17 dollars, i went next door to sephora and bought one for eight. So in all this product, when used for the first time is extremley expensive. It lasts a long time though...in the tub. When you actually put the stuff on, it doesn't really last that long and i still ended up with my eyeliner down around my dark under eye circles within two hours. In my opinion, this stuff is too hard to use, takes up too much time and is too expensive for the quality and the finished product that it gives. Don't waste your money.