Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 12/13/2004 9:03:00 PM

WOW! This is an AMAZING eyeliner! I have never tried anything else that stays on this well! Ive always been on the lookout for an eyeliner that actually stays on the inner rims of my eyelids, and this has satisfyed my search! This is my new HG! I cant wait to try it in more colors!
*UPDATE* after only having this for a few months, this has dried out increadibly fast. what a waste of $, since so much product remains. i would suggest trying stila smudge pots instead

on 11/21/2004 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't care what anyone says, this is the longest lasting eyeliner i have ever tried. i've tried everything, Lancome artliner, chanel liquid, revlon colorstay, loreal line intensifique, etc etc etc! i have sortof oily asian eyes. i use Sonia Kashuk's smudge brush (way thinner than the BB one, and 5 bucks!) and i get a perfect line each time. i line it in the morning, and i never, ever have to reapply whether i go clubbing, work, mall. sometimes i go over it with MAC Carbon eyeshadow(a matte black) for longer staying power. i realize the color is, in fact, a true black. this may be too dark for caucasian girls, but my hair/eyes are dark and eyeliner should always be darker than your eyes otherwise how's it supposed to make them stand out? =) i cannot rave enough about this product. i use a lot each time, too and i still have a ton of it left. the best part is that i can line UNDERNEATH my eye on the rim (u know what i mean!) and it stays on! that's a miracle in and of itself. i will never search for another eyeliner again.

on 11/8/2004 12:00:00 PM

Foolproof eyeliner, texture that glides on, can be smudged or built up for a more dramatic effect. Works especially well with the bobbi brown eyeliner brush. Quite expensive but i doubt you could finish the pot in years!

on 11/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

Another recent discovery, which is now my HG black eyeliner. Black eye-liner has always been my staple product since the age of 15. I'm now 20 and have since then tried several brands from pencils to crayons to liquid liners. At first I was a bit pessimistic about this product as I didn't think application would be simple. However after reading the reviews on MUA, I went and purchased it along with the BB eyeliner brush. I used it to create a thin line above my lashline, and the application was simple and flawless. The colour is a rich intense black and the staying power is great. It is smudge-proof yet comes off easily with water. The only con is having to wash the brush after every application (because if you don't, the bristles stiffen). The price is quite steep, however I can see this product lasting me for at least two years.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

wow! I love this! definitely beats pencils and liquid liners. dramatic and easy application. looks fab! must buy the brush for perfect results. definitely a repurchase.

on 11/5/2004 6:02:00 PM

I don't know how I ever did my MU without this stuff. It is awesome. Before I found out about it, I used Smashbox's version and by the end of the day it would always end up underneath my eyes, which actually accentuated my undereye circles! Not cute. At first I was turned off by how much it cost, but don't be, because one pot really goes a long way. It glides on my eye so easily and really gives my eyes that extra oomph. The lasting power is great. I especially like to use it when I am wearing neutral/earthtone e/s. I can never go back to pencil! P.S. I have also tried the Stila Smudgepots and I didn't like them nearly as much. I found them to be too drying, reminded me of cement in a way.

on 10/20/2004 8:10:00 PM

I'm conflicted about this one. I like cake eyeliners, but this one tends to crumble and slide when I apply it. It has a really great dark, opaque black, and once dry it doesn't budge, but I always find myself going over it with a black powder to get a good, consistent effect. Though it's one of the few really dark blacks out there, I still wouldn't drop so much cash on this one again.

on 10/5/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

colouring: asain MAC NC30-35
I like this as a liner! I used it for a bit, then put it away for a bit, then i rediscovered it. It is a bit much for people with paler skin or blond hair imho, but it you have dark hair or darker skin tones i think it can be very dramatic or sexy depending on how its used. It has incredible staying power and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. I like to moisten/dilute it with saline solution which helps things stick better.

on 10/1/2004 12:15:00 AM

Not only my favorite of the gel eyeliner line, but my favorite e/l of all time. I love that it's true black with NO grey at all, I love that it never comes off until I want it to, I love that I can use it to line my inner rims because it won't budge and ruin my eyes. In short, I love it (now that I got the hang of applying it, and can get the job done in under a minute!). :)

on 9/8/2004 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's perfect, really, no joke, it's heaven in a little jar that costs alot of money but really $18 for heaven is not a bad price. I tend to have oily lids, eyeshadow always creases on me (unless I wear mac paints) anywho, I wear lots of lotion too because I'm scared of wrinkles, and this stuff doesn't budge, ever. I wore this too a sweaty Strokes concert and I left the concert with my lovely UD Gash lipstick all over my chin and face but my e/l was absolutely perfect, in place, no raccoon eyes, no smudgies. Can you ask for more?