July 29, 2014 | 1564 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 12:59:00 AM More reviews by FracturedBroken

I absolutely love this sunscreen. I used to use the Dry Touch spf 45 but switched when this came out. For me it's never pilled or stung my sensitive skin. I love the fact that it's a relatively low priced high factor spf. I'm worried about the sun aging my skin (even theough I'm young) and I'm also on accutane so my skin is pretty sensitive. I also like that it doesn't make my skin a grease ball like other sunscreens. I didn't really expect cometely dryness from it. It is a little shiny, but it usually goes away after it's been absorbed into my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 11:24:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate, hate, hate this. It stings & feels dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by OutofControl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first sunscreen I have ever used that protected my skin from any burning, all day, with one application. I usually burn even after several applications of 45 spf. I used this all over my body in the morning, and it was the only thing on my face. My skin did not dry out at all, even though I had replaced my usual lotion for a week. It did not pill or streak. I did not notice an unusual or unpleasant scent. The packaging is great and very portable. I cannot rave enough about this prodcut!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only thing I like about this sunscreen is that itís the highest spf you can get in the US right now. Iím a PPP and avoid the sun like the plague so a good sunscreen and a hat are absolute MUSTS for me, everyday.

All the things I really dislike:
1. The smell. Someone pinned the smell below...gasoline. It smells of faint gasoline and doesnít fade throughout the day. Yummy.
2. Can be a streaky white mess. Youíve got to rub this stuff in really well to make sure itís blended, otherwise, 5 minutes later, white streaks will magically appear and voila! Youíve got the dreaded sunscreen white cast.
3. No ďDry TouchĒ. Not all out greasy as some body sunscreens, but this isnít a matte finish like some of Neutrogenaís lower spf sunscreens are.
4. Parabens. I know parabens are in ďeverythingĒ but that doesnít make it right. Iíve eliminated most of my daily personal care products that contain them, except for my sunscreen. I canít find a high spf sunscreen w/out it.
5. If applied too heavily, it can pill as you rub other products into your face.
6. Stings the eyes. If it stings, it canít be good for them can it?

I keep buying it for the spf alone. As soon as a better product comes on the market that isnít ridiculous in price (like Shiseidoís is, esp for not being THAT much of a superior product) I will promptly switch over. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Willow_Campbell

I am very fair skinned and heard great reviews about this product. Although it kept my arms, neck and chest from getting any color at all when I was outside for a couple of hours recently, it did not do a thing to keep the tip of my nose and cheeks from burning slightly. Perhaps if it is used in situations where you aren't sweating a lot (which I was, and I reapplied it religiously) it might work better. Still, it was great for the rest of me, just not my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Catzel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Apparently the best US sunscreen as far as UVA protection goes. But it does smell funny after it's been on a while and it does pill very badly with the lightest or briefest touches -- like your arm touching a desk or your shirt. I'll use it until I get some euro s/s.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jinglin

Good, serviceable sunscreen; very cheap, definitely, with sturdy packaging, so a good thing to take on travels. Problem is that my face felt very very greasy after I put the sunscreen on--the high SPF probably had something to do with it?--and I was going through like 5 sheets of blotting papers during the first four hours I used this sunblock (I have oil combo skin, but still, usually I use about 2-3 sheets for the entire day). I liked that the sunblock was very resilient and stuck on through some very intense workouts and protected my face around noontime as I was running errands, but definitely would recommend a lower spf (30 maybe), which others have told me are dryer than the SPF 55 and which are probably better fitted to occasional sun exposure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lovetoread

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't dislike this product, but didn't love it either. I thought with a name like dry-touch it would feel dry after it had a chance to dry. Well it doesn't. It continued to have a greasy feel and if I touched my face later in the day my face felt greasy. It does have good UVA protection and I would use it again if I couldn't find anything that I like better. I've read that the lower dry-touch versions in the lower SPF's have a drier feel, but the sunscreen is not as stable and therefore doesn't have the UVA protection that lasts throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product last week because it's stable and it has a high spf. i like that it didn't leave a white cast on my face but i didn't like the fact that it would leave a burning sensation as i apply this on (i dont have sensitive skin). the sting doesnt last too long thankfully. i also have oily skin but im pretty sure that this was the only product that made my skin feel really dry which made it a requirement to use another moisturizer before i use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aporia

I liked this sunscreen at first because it was stable, non-greasy, and didn't cause breakouts. However, when I wore it in humid weather and sweated, it ran down in little white rivulets on my face--embarrassing and unattractive! Also, it's very difficult to blend in a second application without making white blotches all over. I've moved onto La Roche Posay now, and won't be buying this again.