December 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

Why did I try this when I have been perfectly content with Burt's Bees cuticle butter for so many years? Short answer, because I'm on a mission to try every LUSH product available! Initially, I balked at the price, but by weight you actually get much more product from LUSH. The buttery texture also allows you to use this on heels and elbows--try to do that with waxy old Burt's Bees! As a cuticle butter, it's amazing. It soaks in quickly and leaves my nails and cuticles looking healthy. Burt does win in one category--scent. LUSH's lemon scent has an herbal undertone while Burt's Bees is sweeter and more clean-smelling. I will repurchase this, but not for a long while--this tub will last for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kvells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff lasts forever and works so well! The strong is a little Mr Clean lemony, but the effect is great. Expensive but worth it, as a little bit goes a long, long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by blueberri

I love lemony flutter. I'm also one of those people that attacks their fingernails, and now find that instead of doing that I rub in some lemony flutter, which is a great distractant and also leaves me with lovely looking nails!

I consider this "dirt cheap" because you use so little, this stuff will last forever! I've done a decant into a little mini jar, which I carry with me always, some for my mum, friends etc, and there's still more than I'll be able to use in the next two years!

I've read many people have problems with this, finding it too greasy and doesn't soak in. You only use the tiniest amount, literally only touch your finger to the product, and what is on your finger is enough to do 1-2 nails.

The scent is also something I love - so fresh and lemony, it makes me want to go out for lemon merangue pie!

It also doubles as a wonderful lip gloss (very, very nice!!), and moisturiser for those horrible red patches of skin that crop up in winter. Also, feet and elbows are softened beautifully with this, and you can make up an amazing foot/hand scrub with a little lemony flutter mixed with ocean salt scrub.

So:
Tastes gorgeous
Scrubs gorgeous
....Is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jessikanikole

i really like this stuff, and it is a good escape for those who, like myself, are trying to get away from the body shop.
but i put this on under the gloves for the night and everything looks a lot better in the morning. i think if i did it every night that my hands would look perfect, but i am too lazy for that. but when i start noticing that my hands need some love and put this on, they are grateful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SoutherLushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this cuticle cream. Has made my nails grow back nice and strong. Keep it in my desk at the office and use it everyday. Even though I use it ALL the time, I still have over half of the container left. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! If you like La Perla's Eclix, you will like the scent of this--lemon and a little vanilla. I think it's pretty yummy, and I only use it at night so it wouldn't really bother me either way. It has a thick, kind of hard texture in the package, but totally melts on application. You only need a little bit of this. I use it on my hands and elbows at night. You could definitely use it all over, whereever you want. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by camillee

This thick cream works wonders (that's why the four lipsticks), but stinks, at least for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ayi369

This was an impulsive purchase last summer at Lush. I was attracted to the fresh lemony scent and bought one immediately. It was my first Lush purchase, which unfortunately didn't go well. The cream was in solid, good condition for a couple of month and then slowly the scent altered, became less pleasant. Perhaps the natural ingredients in it were the cause. I also found the texture were too thick. Four months later when winter kicked in, it melted! Other than that, the widely opened package attracted all the dirt and germs, I guess, on the surface of the cream that made it disgusting. I have to let you know I put this on my office desk, which wasn't an inappropriate place at all. I knew the stuff has a little more than a year shelf life that I could still use it, maybe putting it in the fridge would help. But I didn't want to use a thing that changed its original texture. Thus I threw it out. What a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sillysassy

My favourite! This works really well on cuticles, lips, heels, elbows, everywhere! It smells deliciously fresh by itself. I mix it with my Smitten as a hand moisturiser, and also slather over my feet under socks to keep my feet nice and soft. It tends to last for ages as well, even with my frequent indulgence.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by rubywhatashmoo

I've always bitten my nails and picked at the skin around them - gross I know!! But my hands were really sore and scabby looking so I decided to grab a tub of this and it worked wonders!!! I don't really like the smell that much, I think it smells a bit too cleanerish but the effect it had on my fingers was more than enough to make me ignore the scent! Very very rich, you only need a tiny bit, perfect rescue remedy for sore cuticles :)