Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 12/9/2007 10:27:00 AM

WARNING: This product broke me out like nothing I've ever experienced before. I wore it for 2 days and thought this would be a great option for time-crunch days. With just a few seconds of application, my foundation was done. The color match of 200 was fairly close and all seemed right with the world. Until I noticed some small bumps on my forehead the evening of day 2. Waking up on day three I had the worst breakout I've had since puberty. I have 10, yes TEN, large, red cystic pimples: 4 on my forehead, 3 on my chin and... THREE on the tip of my nose. One huge zit on the side of each nostril and one on the very tip of my nose. Large, red and flaming (Rudolph?). I have acne-prone skin, but it's usually hormone related. I have never had this kind of a breakout from a product before. It's going to take at least a month for my skin to recover :-( If you are going to try this product, please test on a small area for a few days first! (ps: it lists butane and propane in the ingredients -- that can't be good for the skin)

on 11/24/2007 2:37:00 PM

I think I might have found it...that holy grail foundation that we all seek. I have tried probably everything on the market from NARS to Stila to vincent longo to drugstore to lancome to almost every mineral makeup. THe only foundation that Ive repurchased over and over is Tarte's Smooth Operator because it makes me look really glowy and the color match is dead on but it doesnt work when I need more coverage. Currently I was wearing BE and wasnt happy with it. I have very sensitive skin prone to cysts. I also have several acne scars.
Yes 60 dollars is a lot. But I think this one is worth it. Itn fact, the finish is almost TOO perfect. You really will look airbrushed. The color selection does suck. I wear 200 and Im a MAC NC25/Tarte SO Veil/BB Warm Sand/BE Fairly Light/Jane Irdale Warm SIlk. They really do need make some more colors. But overall, I look and feel so pretty in this. Thank you Dior!

on 10/30/2007 1:25:00 PM

I always, always hated putting on makeup, first of all because it takes too long, I like having foundation on if I do put makeup on.
Well yesterday should prove to be the best day in my life (of makeup). I went to a mall and had a free make-up styling at the dior stand. She used the dior airflash and I was sold.
It really covers everything, redness, spots.. you name it. And in 2-3 seconds you got perfect skin. How hard can it be? Although I was worried that it would take a degree to master the can, I did it once, and the result was perfect.. again. And the best: it feels so soft against the skin, like I've got nothing on but the best skin in the world.

When I want to look like some kind of orange, I'll come back to this. Oh yah, Halloween is only a few days away.

I hate this product. I don't understand the hype. The product dries really fast which makes it impossible to blend and the color range is laughable. I was sold when the SA tried it out on me but when I went home, within an hour I was one big orange. Talk about the worst buy ever and $65 isn't cheap. I rather spend it on Chanel or Laura Mercier foundations.

on 10/19/2007 2:24:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. I'm lucky that the 200 shade is a great match for me. Despite the price, they'd sell tons more of this if they'd make it in more shades, because it's so beautiful.

After going through a lot of trial and error, I discovered the trick that helps me apply Airflash--a damp sponge. I spray the foundation directly on my face (don't forget to shake really well!) in the "Z" motion they recommend. Then I blend with the damp sponge, especially around the eyes, where it may settle in fine lines. I also use the clean side of the sponge to wipe off my eyebrows and other places where I don't necessarily want foundation. I wash the sponge VERY frequently, and trade for a new one often.

After the first few times using it, I never had a problem with getting it on my hairline or clothes. Sometimes, if I want to be extra careful, I'll wrap my hair in a towel before using it. If I can, I also spray *before* getting entirely dressed.

Even though Airflash has a very light texture, I also get excellent coverage from it, on the high end of medium, if that makes any sense. If I have any boo boos or red areas on my face, a little Meow concealer takes care of that. (Meow makes the best concealer I have ever used, bar none.) Between Airflash and the Meow, my face has never looked better, really approaching the flawless ideal. To sum up: great coverage, very natural looking, long-lasting, even in our humidity. Like I said, HG!

on 10/19/2007 9:02:00 AM

Finally, a foundation that covers without looking cakey. I spray some into the can lid, use a MAC stippling brush, and voila, I have flawless looking skin. I love this stuff. It's pricey, but I think it's fantastic.

on 10/18/2007 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was skeptical about the idea of a spray foundation but I'm hooked. I usually just spray a little onto a sponge and then apply it to the face. If sprayed directly onto the face you get more coverage but it is difficult to keep off the hairline. I prefer less coverage anyway. Either way it does result in an airbrushed look. In addition I have rosacea and after using this instead of a liquid foundation my skin improved dramatically.

The only negatives I have found to the spray foundations in general is that it can be difficult to tell when you are running low (this one only lasted 3 months) and they don't come in small enough sizes to go through airport security. The only downside to this particular one is that the color choices are limited. I was unable to find the right shade for fall/winter and had to switch to the ERA brand. The ERA product is wetter and not as easy to evenly apply.

on 10/10/2007 6:23:00 PM

This is the staple of my makeup collection, I could not substitiute it for wanything else. I get so many compliments, just today in bloomingdales a woman who worked for chanel commented on how flawless my skin looked. A few of my friends and my mother have purchased this since seeing how easy and well it works. People who are not into make up will appreciate how simple it is to use, and those who love makeup will appreciate the professional/airbrushed look . I absolutely love it !

on 9/8/2007 10:58:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's one of my HGs. Looks great on my skin. Doesn't feel heavy at all. So easy to use. Will definitely buy again.

on 8/27/2007 9:29:00 AM

I love this foundation its gotta be the best one ive ever used and i have tried them all.

It's medium/full coverage and it makes your skin totally flawless if you use it right.

BUY IT.