Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 1/20/2008 2:15:00 PM

I am so surprised by all of the great reviews on this product. After shelling out $60 for it I was so let down! First of all there is no way you can actually spray this onto your face without making a huge mess. You have to do it in the shower with a cap on so you don't get it all over the walls. So I used a foundation brush instead. Basically to make a long story short I am only 26 and this product made me look like I was 40! I do not have dry skin and this stuff totally dehydrated my skin and gave me wrinkles that I don't even have. The color was so orange, completely unnatural. Ugh! I can't imagine anyone using this and having success unless they have really oily skin. To me, you are paying for the name and the packaging and thats it. I do not mind spending money on products at all as long as they actually work. I would stick with Chanel in the foundation category!

on 1/18/2008 8:41:00 AM

A NEW WAY TO PUT MAKEUP ON LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE COLORS THEY MATCH UP ON YOUR SKIN AND BLEND GREAT" LESS IS MORE ""YOU DO NOT NEED ALOT I SPRAY ON MY MAKEUP WEDGE THEN PUT IT ON MY FACE INSTEAD OF JUST SPRAYING IT ON MY FACE I HAVE MORE CONTROL THAT WAY I GOT THIS FROM A MAKEUP ARTIST TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 1/9/2008 12:11:00 PM

Buy this, buy this, buy this. Definetly HG material. Only drawback is...suprise, suprise: the price! Thats a pretty big deal as almost everyone has commented on that! I took one lippie off solely because of price.

I have had a pretty rocky road with foundations and never found one that worked for me and didnt break me out really badly. I use 200 and it was a great match, I am a NC15/NC20 normally.

I decided to splurge because every single more reasonably priced foundation I have tried over the last 10 years or so that I have been wearing makeup (since I was about 16) didnt work for me, so I knew it was time to upgrade.

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! There is no two ways about it. Great finish, actually minimized appearance of pores instead of settling into them, which MAC foundations are notorious for. Looked natural and luminous. What really justifies the price to me is how little time it takes to apply- I spray it and then blend a little bit around my undereye area with a sponge. Takes less than one minute. I really couldnt beleive it took so little time to look so good. All I do is add a little blush and mascara and I am good to go. Also, I finish with BE Mineral Veil in Feather Light, just because I like the shimmer. BE mineral powder foundations. however, are crap. I do use it over a primer (Clarins Perfecting Touch) and I think that helps alot- I would suggest trying that to the people who are having problems with it. It also has great staying power and my nose only needs to be powdered once or twice (my nose is quite shiny). I spend a lot less time in the mirror as opposed to whiping out my pressed powder compact practically every half hour.

If $60 is what I have to pay for great skin with no touch ups and a streamlined morning routine, then its worth it.

on 12/27/2007 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using only Bare Escentuals foundation for the past three years but recently decided that I needed a foundation that would last longer and look more 'finished' for the holiday party season. I was planning on only using it for special events and sticking to BE for the day. I picked this stuff up and love it. It is only available in limited color choices, and I'm really pale, but the lightest shade worked great with a little bit of careful blending. This stuff does not rub off at all (unlike BE)! I'm freaked out by it's ingredient list and the fact that it's basically like using spray paint on your face (it even sounds like a spray paint can when you shake the can up). But I'm in love with the effect it gives me. My skin doesn't flake as much, it looks near perfect and it doesn't look caked on at all. I spray it on my chin, cheeks and forehead and blend it with a makeup sponge wedge. Sometimes I have to apply a second layer, but it stays natural all throughout the day. It's expensive, but it's great (except for the fact that it's not natural).

on 12/18/2007 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the absolute BEST foundation that I have ever used ever ever ever! I have horrific luck with foundations creasing or sliding off my face by the end of the day. This foundation covers EVERYTHING and looks natural. You don't need to use powder to set. The only tricky thing is application. The salesperson suggested that I spray it on my face. That's a mess! Instead, I spray directly onto a foundation brush and it looks gorgeous. One down side is the price. I try to use it only when necessary, but nothing else in my makeup bag compares. Love it!

on 12/12/2007 2:39:00 PM

I haven't decided whether I truly like this product or not even though I want to love it. I rarely use foundation and don't need much coverage - I decided to try this product because I am looking for a foundation that will give me a flawless look on my wedding day should I decide to try to do my own makeup.

PROS: great coverage if you're looking for an airbrushed look, not so good if you want a more natural look

CONS: limited color choices, price, feels disgusting if it gets on my hair or hairline (I apply while wearing a shower cap), need to quickly wipe the product off my eyebrows so I donít look like I have a hazy film of color over my entire face

I bought shade #300. I wanted something a tad darker but #400 is too dark and there is nothing in between.

I feel that although shade #300 blends into my face, the shade is more pasty white than golden (I'm a little tan) and it gives my face a dull color. Looking at pictures of nights Iím using this product, I think the coverage replaces the tan glow on my face without the foundation with a dull and matte finish. Not sure why Iím not getting the glowing/dewy look all the other positive reviewers seem to be getting.

I tried Laura Mercierís foundation and I like the finish on Laura Mercierís much better.

on 12/9/2007 10:27:00 AM

WARNING: This product broke me out like nothing I've ever experienced before. I wore it for 2 days and thought this would be a great option for time-crunch days. With just a few seconds of application, my foundation was done. The color match of 200 was fairly close and all seemed right with the world. Until I noticed some small bumps on my forehead the evening of day 2. Waking up on day three I had the worst breakout I've had since puberty. I have 10, yes TEN, large, red cystic pimples: 4 on my forehead, 3 on my chin and... THREE on the tip of my nose. One huge zit on the side of each nostril and one on the very tip of my nose. Large, red and flaming (Rudolph?). I have acne-prone skin, but it's usually hormone related. I have never had this kind of a breakout from a product before. It's going to take at least a month for my skin to recover :-( If you are going to try this product, please test on a small area for a few days first! (ps: it lists butane and propane in the ingredients -- that can't be good for the skin)

on 11/24/2007 2:37:00 PM

I think I might have found it...that holy grail foundation that we all seek. I have tried probably everything on the market from NARS to Stila to vincent longo to drugstore to lancome to almost every mineral makeup. THe only foundation that Ive repurchased over and over is Tarte's Smooth Operator because it makes me look really glowy and the color match is dead on but it doesnt work when I need more coverage. Currently I was wearing BE and wasnt happy with it. I have very sensitive skin prone to cysts. I also have several acne scars.
Yes 60 dollars is a lot. But I think this one is worth it. Itn fact, the finish is almost TOO perfect. You really will look airbrushed. The color selection does suck. I wear 200 and Im a MAC NC25/Tarte SO Veil/BB Warm Sand/BE Fairly Light/Jane Irdale Warm SIlk. They really do need make some more colors. But overall, I look and feel so pretty in this. Thank you Dior!

on 10/30/2007 1:25:00 PM

I always, always hated putting on makeup, first of all because it takes too long, I like having foundation on if I do put makeup on.
Well yesterday should prove to be the best day in my life (of makeup). I went to a mall and had a free make-up styling at the dior stand. She used the dior airflash and I was sold.
It really covers everything, redness, spots.. you name it. And in 2-3 seconds you got perfect skin. How hard can it be? Although I was worried that it would take a degree to master the can, I did it once, and the result was perfect.. again. And the best: it feels so soft against the skin, like I've got nothing on but the best skin in the world.

When I want to look like some kind of orange, I'll come back to this. Oh yah, Halloween is only a few days away.

I hate this product. I don't understand the hype. The product dries really fast which makes it impossible to blend and the color range is laughable. I was sold when the SA tried it out on me but when I went home, within an hour I was one big orange. Talk about the worst buy ever and $65 isn't cheap. I rather spend it on Chanel or Laura Mercier foundations.

Video Reviews & Tutorials