Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 7/9/2003 8:31:00 PM

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I love it! It is light, and it keeps your skin shine free. I use it alone, with no foundation or anything. THE BEST!

on 6/29/2003 10:23:00 PM

This is one of my favorite pressed powders...I have it in Stay Buff. It controls shine well,has a little coverage to it, and doesn't cake up. Compact is nice too,except the applicator stinks-I always buy my own puffs for in it.

on 6/29/2003 10:06:00 PM

This has honestly been keeping shine at bay. I have the shade stay spice. Hopefully they will come out with more shades. This shade only matches me in the summer. But i get a smooth finish. doesnt settle in any flakes and never feels heavy. Update Stay Spice is just still to dark and its the end of July. Made me look as if i had a dirty complexion. Not good.

on 6/24/2003 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good powder IMHO. It covers a little more than other pressed powders, almost to a light powder foundation. It leaves the skin matte, but nice, not chalky or dry. I would only recommend this for combo to oily though, I think it may be too dry for drier skins. Overall, a pretty good deal for a nice powder.

on 6/7/2003 1:39:00 PM

This stuff isn't BAD, but it's not the best. It keeps me matte just like any other powder would, so it's just average. Yet, it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, which is a plus. It does feel heavier than my Lancome photogenic, and shows up more than that. Overall, if you're looking for a gentle powder, that gives more coverage than other pressed powders, I'd try this.

on 5/25/2003 5:54:00 PM

This is *absolutely* the worst powder I've ever used, and I've tried lots!!!! It absolutely did NOT live up to its claims of being: "sheer, keeping oily skin shine-free for hours...stays matte, fresh & poreless looking." What a joke...It actually does NONE of these things. It felt heavy, masky and without a sheer, matte finish in sight. It also goes on blotchy, making your skin look uneven.

on 5/15/2003 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

No matter what powder I use, I always come back to using this. I have super oily slick skin and this does the trick. I've never looked artificial, unlike when I've used pricier brands. Good value, good coverage, I'm satisfied. Btw, there isn't any mineral oil in the ingredients.

on 5/13/2003 11:29:00 PM

i'm soooooooooo disappointed with clinique products,i wouldn't recommend clinique to anybody,at least not to my skin types,combo-oily,breakout-prone

on 5/11/2003 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this product had too thick of a consistency for it to be called a powder. I have oily skin and found that when applied, this powder did nothing to combat shine, however, it did provide somewhat even coverage.

This product came recommended on epinions.com, and I bought it because of the positive reviews. I'm sorry to say it does nothing for me. It doesn't control oil particularly well, nor does it provide good coverage. I'm still using it though. It's just one of those blah products that's not all that bad either. And of course, because I don't want to waste my money!