Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 6/24/2003 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good powder IMHO. It covers a little more than other pressed powders, almost to a light powder foundation. It leaves the skin matte, but nice, not chalky or dry. I would only recommend this for combo to oily though, I think it may be too dry for drier skins. Overall, a pretty good deal for a nice powder.

on 6/7/2003 1:39:00 PM

This stuff isn't BAD, but it's not the best. It keeps me matte just like any other powder would, so it's just average. Yet, it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, which is a plus. It does feel heavier than my Lancome photogenic, and shows up more than that. Overall, if you're looking for a gentle powder, that gives more coverage than other pressed powders, I'd try this.

on 5/25/2003 5:54:00 PM

This is *absolutely* the worst powder I've ever used, and I've tried lots!!!! It absolutely did NOT live up to its claims of being: "sheer, keeping oily skin shine-free for hours...stays matte, fresh & poreless looking." What a joke...It actually does NONE of these things. It felt heavy, masky and without a sheer, matte finish in sight. It also goes on blotchy, making your skin look uneven.

on 5/15/2003 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

No matter what powder I use, I always come back to using this. I have super oily slick skin and this does the trick. I've never looked artificial, unlike when I've used pricier brands. Good value, good coverage, I'm satisfied. Btw, there isn't any mineral oil in the ingredients.

on 5/13/2003 11:29:00 PM

i'm soooooooooo disappointed with clinique products,i wouldn't recommend clinique to anybody,at least not to my skin types,combo-oily,breakout-prone

on 5/11/2003 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this product had too thick of a consistency for it to be called a powder. I have oily skin and found that when applied, this powder did nothing to combat shine, however, it did provide somewhat even coverage.

This product came recommended on epinions.com, and I bought it because of the positive reviews. I'm sorry to say it does nothing for me. It doesn't control oil particularly well, nor does it provide good coverage. I'm still using it though. It's just one of those blah products that's not all that bad either. And of course, because I don't want to waste my money!

on 5/4/2003 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin so I need something that lasts to eliminates shine. When first applied, the Clinique powder worked great, but about an hour later my skin was even more oily and looked very slick. It was horrible! The powder is quite heavy so when I reapplied it would cake onto my skin and look very thick - you could see it in layers! I bought this powder for years and didn't realize that there were others out there that worked differently and better. I am so glad that I read the reviews for MAC blot powder as it works sooooo much better. Don't bother with this powder if your skin is oily as it will only make it worse.

on 4/20/2003 11:57:00 PM

I wanted to like Clinique products, but everything I have bought (except for the quickliner for eyes in new black) has been a disapointment. This powder worked...for about 2 minutes. I would look in the mirror a couple hours later and my oily spots were even more oily. Did Clinique think this product through or were they just in a hurry to sell something new. Big waste of money.

on 4/20/2003 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this oil-free pressed powder. It gives a good amount ocf coverage and never look like I have a cakey face. It really keeps my skin tone even and goes on really well. I will def. rebuy!