August 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is *absolutely* the worst powder I've ever used, and I've tried lots!!!! It absolutely did NOT live up to its claims of being: "sheer, keeping oily skin shine-free for hours...stays matte, fresh & poreless looking." What a joke...It actually does NONE of these things. It felt heavy, masky and without a sheer, matte finish in sight. It also goes on blotchy, making your skin look uneven.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by eliza138

No matter what powder I use, I always come back to using this. I have super oily slick skin and this does the trick. I've never looked artificial, unlike when I've used pricier brands. Good value, good coverage, I'm satisfied. Btw, there isn't any mineral oil in the ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by urusa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm soooooooooo disappointed with clinique products,i wouldn't recommend clinique to anybody,at least not to my skin types,combo-oily,breakout-prone

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2003 12:32:00 PM More reviews by allstars03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product had too thick of a consistency for it to be called a powder. I have oily skin and found that when applied, this powder did nothing to combat shine, however, it did provide somewhat even coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by theotherself

This product came recommended on epinions.com, and I bought it because of the positive reviews. I'm sorry to say it does nothing for me. It doesn't control oil particularly well, nor does it provide good coverage. I'm still using it though. It's just one of those blah products that's not all that bad either. And of course, because I don't want to waste my money!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2003 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AlishaT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin so I need something that lasts to eliminates shine. When first applied, the Clinique powder worked great, but about an hour later my skin was even more oily and looked very slick. It was horrible! The powder is quite heavy so when I reapplied it would cake onto my skin and look very thick - you could see it in layers! I bought this powder for years and didn't realize that there were others out there that worked differently and better. I am so glad that I read the reviews for MAC blot powder as it works sooooo much better. Don't bother with this powder if your skin is oily as it will only make it worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2003 11:57:00 PM More reviews by gulmul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like Clinique products, but everything I have bought (except for the quickliner for eyes in new black) has been a disapointment. This powder worked...for about 2 minutes. I would look in the mirror a couple hours later and my oily spots were even more oily. Did Clinique think this product through or were they just in a hurry to sell something new. Big waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 9:38:00 AM More reviews by KaraLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this oil-free pressed powder. It gives a good amount ocf coverage and never look like I have a cakey face. It really keeps my skin tone even and goes on really well. I will def. rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sephyoo

GOT this when i was at the mall w/ my bf in the Garden Party package.. I love this.. this covers evenly.. not looking powdery or weird.. the case is so cute! makes all the other ones ppl at my school use look horrible! I love how this goes on.. looks so clean and matte! it works well too.. and the refil is reasonably priced! so i am acutally paying a lot for the casing. :) UPDATE: I have tried this for a few days and it works great. Even coverage goes on smooth and LASTS for along time.. i don't see why the other people are complaining.. there is no oil in this at all. Personally, I don't think this makes you more oily

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:11:00 PM More reviews by erica_1020

I like this powder in stay spice. I do wish that the sponge was seperate from the powder. I wish I could find a good match in a powder foundation because I need just a little more coverage and I'm set.