October 1, 2014 | 1092 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Liz7851

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only liquid foundation I've ever used that does not cause me any irritation or acne problem. My skin feels and looks so comfortable and nature that I don't feel like wearing makeup, but it does give me some coverage to minimize any imperfection. The sun protection is an added bonus. Since I apply so little, I doubt that I am getting enough sun protection that's needed. The price is a bit expensive for such a tiny bottle, but I only apply less than a dime size, thus, I think one bottle will last up to two months for me. It does pick up any dryness that you have on your skin, please be sure to keep your skin well moisturize and dry flakes free before applying. Totally love this liquid foundation and recommend to all normal to oily skin people(even acne skin can use this), I will definitely repurchase once I am fnished with this first bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by CHRISSSSYY

Very light on the face but not great coverage. It's a lovely foundation though. Goes on the face smoothly!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 7:55:00 AM More reviews by cuticola

Really like it!
    Just be careful if you have flaky skin because you need to blend well. Stays matte all day, no breakouts and no oxidation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bruner3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work for me because of the SPF factor but unfortunately it was a returned item. As hard as I tried I could not find a shade to match my skin tone. The SP60 was too dark & had too much pink in it. Even my husband who doesn't notice makeup at all asked if I had makeup on because he could see a line. Not a good thing. One shade lighter, SP50, I probably could have gotten away with but just a tad too light. Coverage wise this foundation covers well but doesn't leave my face with a nice "glow", definitely more of a matte finish. If Shisedo developed more shades (which they should!) I might give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by aishad

I love this foundation .. it's very light and gives full coverage .. I use the liquid foundation No.50 and apply above it a compact powder from the same line No.40
    I like this foundation alot and the best thing that I don't have to apply sun block under it .. will buy it again enshallah ;) UPDATE: the compact powder broke me up :( but the liquid ALONE is great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by iron_lion

This foundation is the one that I've been using longer than any other. The coverage is really good, and surprisingly SP60 fits my skin color almost perfectly. You only need a little less than a dime-sized amount of this product for your entire face. I shake the bottle, squirt it into my hand and just dip a couple fingers and pat it rapidly all over my face. This foundation has full coverage but is really thin in consistancy so don't worry that just a dime amount is too little. You'd be wasting extra foundation if you used any more. Just use it sparingly around your nose if it gets oily throughout the day. Be sure to set it with a loose powder and it really, really lasts all day long. I also get a really bad monthly breakout, and this visibly cancels out any redness that I don't even own concealer; nor did I ever really had the need to purchase one since buying this foundation. Always blot with a loose powder to set the foundation. Laura Mercier translucent loose powder is a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Thank goddess for MUA because I never would have even encountered this product in real life, let alone tried it out, without hearing about it here. Sephora doesn't stock it with the makeup but with the sun products. Just looking at it made me think it was a tinted sunscreen, rather than the foundation of my dreams - it stays on my combo/oily skin for hours, looks natural, and definitely protects from the sun; I know this because in the two months I've been wearing it, my face has already lightened a shade. I'm so surprised to find this as my HG foundation after spending so much money on Armani, Chanel, Chantecaille, etc. But this stuff is just fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by cosmocranky

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I was in search of great sun protection and I found it, the water resistance is a great added benefit. Let me tell you, I live in the tropics and I am always on the beach- this stuff stays put! The coverage is very natural, matte but not drying at all. I adore the packaging as well, it's very hygenic and compact. This foundation just has everything I was looking for, yay I found my HG foundation!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by shar423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that this foundation has such a high SPF, that is is VERY long lasting, has great coverage and a nice natural matte finish! What I don't like is that the color was slightly off. It was a bit too red/pink for my skin tone. For refernce I am a c40/NC42 in MAC, so I am a bit golden to begin with. I also did not like the oil cleanser that you had to use to get every last trace off. A regular cleanser did not work for me. I really wanted to like this product! It looked great in pictures and the SPF was perfect but in direct sunlight I had many people tell me that it was too red and did not match my neck. Ugh!
    Maybe I applied too much? I might try it again... I do have luck with Shiseido's Compact powder foundation SPF 34 PA+++. I can also wash it off with any cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one hell of a GREAT foundation for outdoor trip. In my country where it's hot & humid 365 days a year, It's the perfect foundation to be used on Day. Sweatproof , no streaking or caking and keeps you looking fresh all day.

Though it's not easy to blend but I put my life on this foundation everyday before going for work. It has high SPF and great coverage for my oily face which last thru the whole day.

At night I use Clinique Clarifying Foundation.