Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 1/31/2010 2:25:00 PM

After reading all overall positive comments about this product, I decided to buy it yesterday. I had my grandparent's 50th anniversary last night, so I didn't want my face to be an oil slick (like it usually is). I applied this foundation with a sponge, and set it with a translucent powder.

Pros: this foundation matched my skin tone really well. Not too light, not too orange. It wasn't too heavy of a foundation, so it looked pretty natural.

Cons:
Unfortunately, this product was really runny and didn't cover my scars or few pimples. Also, after about 3 hours of wear my face was SO oily! How frustrating...

Overall I am disappointed with this product and still have not found ONE foundation that doesn't eventually make my skin either break out, or become extremely oily. So I am still searching..

on 1/30/2010 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I generally really like this foundation though it's not my HG. I hate the pour out bottle! i always pour too much and end up wasting a lot of the product. But it does give me a nice medium and natural looking coverage that does not feel heavy. I read in one of Paula Begoun's book that the salicylic acid concentration is not strong enough to really fight blemish but the foundation should avoid eye contact anyways.

I use this mainly when, I'm sure this has happened to some of you, after you pop a pimple (SO BAD I KNOW!) but you still need to go out... i reach for this foundation cause even if the salicylic acid isn't strong enough i feel better about using this foundation over my pimples than any other foundations.

on 1/24/2010 4:23:00 PM

This is the foundation that I use on a daily basis. I tried several and it's hard for me to find one that I like and I like this one a lot. It provides a nice, even, medium coverage and is very blendable. I can easily apply concealer over it and it works well to blend with my concealer to help even out my skin and fill in my acne scars. I use Maybelline Dream Matt powder to set it and it helps it last a long time. I have oily skin, so my skin tends to look shiny after a while but with this makeup, even after touching up, it doesn't look cakey and doesn't accentuate pores. It doesn't make me break out but it doesn't clear up my acne either. I still like using it, though and will continue using it until I can find something I like better.

on 1/15/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried lots of foundation...tested this for a month. It's fantastic. Smooth, even finish, no smell. I don't know if it clears up my skin, but it does not clog pores. The only thing I don't like is the packaging...a pump is always better. 12.99 usd but it's always bogof somewhere.

on 1/12/2010 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very smooth, matte, but not chalky, coverage is medium. Lasts a good while on my very oily T zone when set with a light dusting of powder. The lightest color, Ivory, is a perfect match for my very pale, cool-toned skin. For reference, I'm a C2 in Loreal's True Match. Probably the best liquid foundation for oily skin at the drugstore. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

on 1/7/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a decent drugstore foundation that contains a bit of salicylic acid to help heal and prevent breakouts. Amazingly, my extremely sensitive, rosacean and acne-prone skin did NOT break out or react from this, which is amazing for my skin! The coverage was buildable, but the lightest shade was still a bit too dark for me. That part was ALMOST forgivable with some light setting powder. The worst part, however, was that this foundation made my skin sooooo flaky. Disgustingly flaky. I guess it's a bit too much to use during these winter months. Perhaps I'll try this again in the summer...

This is a decent foundation for the price. The color is a good match for me, the teeniest tiniest bit too orange, but it looks fine on and set with powder. It does cover acne scars well, and it hasn't broken me out. My skin is finally on the mend, and this foundation has a nice coverage without causing me anymore ance problems. I've found it has good staying power, and it lasts me through the day. My only complaints would be the color match and the bottle...I'm not sure why so many foundations insist on that glass bottle with no pump. It looks nice but it is such a pain. How hard would it be to included a pump??

on 12/30/2009 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this on a whim at SDM and I was pleased with it for about, 2-3 months.
But then I realized it was ruining my white shirts, as it would be melting off my oily skin in about 2 hours, and anything I touched turned tan-orange.
It covered my acne spots fairly well, and it gave me the summer-tan kinda look, which I liked in the summer.
It was VERY messy though, as the glass container was just awful. I had to close it, and turn it over to let some product drip into the cap before I could dip my brush into it.
It was a good, first liquid foundation while it lasted.

on 12/29/2009 11:23:00 PM

I absolutely hate this makeup! I've only had it for a few days, and at first I really liked it, but now that I've used it more it's awful. I have extremely fair Ivory skin, but usually as long as I get the lightest shade of makeup I'm fine. This is NOT the case for this makeup. It makes my skin uneven, orange and blotchy. I look like an oompa-loompa! Not only that, I've only been breaking out since I've started using it and I have a regular face-washing routine. It gets flaky at my temples and appears to melt around my eyebrows and eyes. It also sinks into my pores, rather than just setting a thin matte layer on top of them. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I complained and asked for my money back. It's not entirely expensive, especially considering I got it bogo free, but for regular drugstore makeup, it's a bit ridiculous. I've used drugstore makeup that's cheaper, and better quality than this!

on 12/24/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this because of all the great reviews, but it really broke me out. Every day I wore it, I would notice the difference at the end of the night. It looks perfect while it is on though. I am currently experimenting by using it, but only as little as possible, and that seems to be working. I like it better than colorstay by revlon.