November 26, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this gel since I was 11, and I now am 21.Since I was 6 I had acne problem.I went to many doctors and they told me that there is no cure for this acne,and it will stop at the age of 25!At 12 I discovered this gel and thank God I did it!After a few months using this product I had no acne problem at all,it was amazingly dissapeared,thanks to that gel!I have never stopped using it! I use it every day twice(morning and evening) since I was 12 and I have no acne and no oily skin at all!And after that I use Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop to moisturize my skin,it's the best match with Avene's cleanser and once a week I use Avene's Gentle Scrub!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this thiking it would be gentle enough for my skin. I had breakouts, everything seemed to make it worse, so I got it due to all the good reviews. I have sensitive/combo skin and this was a total disaster! It dried my skin horribly, I had even more pipmples after using this, my whole face turned red/itchy and irritated. The smell is just plain awful!!! My experience is that for some reason products for sensitive skin have more fragrance than other products that are not for sensitive skin. Eventhough I have sensitive skin, I stay away from sensitive skin lines, and my skin is actually better than before.
I would never ever buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Gala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm terribly sorry, but I can't agree with all these positive reviews. I purchased this product since I have slight acne and yet have extremely sensitive skin (this line is especially for sensitive types, or so I thought). I discovered quickly that this terrible cleanser was extremely drying and sensitizing (made my skin burn when irritated or dry). Also, has no one realized how much FRAGRANCE is in this one? It's ridiculous... this is very inappropriate for sensitive skin. I have to say though, itís my fault for not checking the ingredient list before purchasing. Quite honestly, I'm unimpressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by disillusioned

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This made my skin more oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 1:40:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Jumping on the bandwagon - This product is great! I just went through my first TOTM when I did not break out terribly beforehand!! I def. saw a huge difference in my skin. I kind of weened myself off of Cetaphil (good cleanser) by using Avene only in the morning, but now I use it twice a day. I will take the previous reviews' advice and use the water at night, and also out in the sun. I don't have sensitive skin, so I had no adverse effects. **update I have downgraded this to over 4 because it is really overdrying to my skin at night, so I only use this in the morning. Still a good product, though

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 4:50:00 PM More reviews by cleo6620

I love this cleanser. I have combo skin and this cleanser deep cleans but doesn't leave your skin dried out. Goto CVS and try samples before you purchase. Paid $13 for a bottle that might last me a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product summer 2004 after suffering major breakouts from using Vichy. It was recommended by my derm. I use it at night before bed with a spritz of Avene water and clindoxyl cream as prescribed by my derm. Mornings I wash with cetaphil gentle cleanser and use cetaphil lotion. (My derm also gave me a sample of the Avene Clean AC lotion, my skin cannot handle this lotion. ) I can't seem to find a better lotion for my dry/sensitive/acne prone skin. If you have one, please let me know.

I can't use this product twice a day, as it is too harsh for my skin. It does an amazing job of removing my makeup and leaving my skin clean. I know this product will be in my evening routine for a long time.

Furthermore, I am still on my original bottle and have over half left! (It's been 7 months!)

Anyways, after 7 months of treatment my skin is acne free!

A Keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Jellybean64

I discovered this product at a Health & Beauty expo last November and have been using it exclusively since. I love it. I swear I have every skincare problem: blemish prone, sensitive, oily, dry, etc. and this is one of the few cleansers that doesn't exasperate my problems. I don't think it cures or prevents my skin ailments, but I don't think any cleanser does. And I still have to exfoliate a couple of times a week. At the end of the day, all I want a cleanser to do is clean my face, and this does. I love that it makes my skin feel squeaky clean, but not tight and dry. And it removes eye makeup!! I also love that the cap "clicks" close. It's geat for traveling. It's a little difficult to maneuver when my hands are wet, so I just keep the cap open all the time when at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Parisienne

A must. I've used this forever (my dermatologist prescribed it when I had minor teen-age acne). I like everything about Cleanance, it thoroughly cleanses my skin and leaves it soft as can be. Moreover, it is very rich in Avene thermal water which is highly recommanded for sensitive, oily & blemish prone skins. In the evening, I follow up with spraying Avene water on my face, leaving it there for 3 minutes then gently padding it off: does wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by ElanaB

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to break up the lovefest, but I felt it was my duty to give the other side to this cleaser, just because I hate it when I buy something that is so highly raved about only to be super disappointed. I tried a sample of this a few years ago, and hated it. It felt like it removed all the water/hydration from my skin, while leaving the oil! Such a strange sensation. Obviously not what I'm looking for in a cleanser. I tried it a few times and eventually gave up.