August 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product summer 2004 after suffering major breakouts from using Vichy. It was recommended by my derm. I use it at night before bed with a spritz of Avene water and clindoxyl cream as prescribed by my derm. Mornings I wash with cetaphil gentle cleanser and use cetaphil lotion. (My derm also gave me a sample of the Avene Clean AC lotion, my skin cannot handle this lotion. ) I can't seem to find a better lotion for my dry/sensitive/acne prone skin. If you have one, please let me know.

I can't use this product twice a day, as it is too harsh for my skin. It does an amazing job of removing my makeup and leaving my skin clean. I know this product will be in my evening routine for a long time.

Furthermore, I am still on my original bottle and have over half left! (It's been 7 months!)

Anyways, after 7 months of treatment my skin is acne free!

A Keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Jellybean64

I discovered this product at a Health & Beauty expo last November and have been using it exclusively since. I love it. I swear I have every skincare problem: blemish prone, sensitive, oily, dry, etc. and this is one of the few cleansers that doesn't exasperate my problems. I don't think it cures or prevents my skin ailments, but I don't think any cleanser does. And I still have to exfoliate a couple of times a week. At the end of the day, all I want a cleanser to do is clean my face, and this does. I love that it makes my skin feel squeaky clean, but not tight and dry. And it removes eye makeup!! I also love that the cap "clicks" close. It's geat for traveling. It's a little difficult to maneuver when my hands are wet, so I just keep the cap open all the time when at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Parisienne

A must. I've used this forever (my dermatologist prescribed it when I had minor teen-age acne). I like everything about Cleanance, it thoroughly cleanses my skin and leaves it soft as can be. Moreover, it is very rich in Avene thermal water which is highly recommanded for sensitive, oily & blemish prone skins. In the evening, I follow up with spraying Avene water on my face, leaving it there for 3 minutes then gently padding it off: does wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by ElanaB

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to break up the lovefest, but I felt it was my duty to give the other side to this cleaser, just because I hate it when I buy something that is so highly raved about only to be super disappointed. I tried a sample of this a few years ago, and hated it. It felt like it removed all the water/hydration from my skin, while leaving the oil! Such a strange sensation. Obviously not what I'm looking for in a cleanser. I tried it a few times and eventually gave up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2005 7:59:00 AM More reviews by molly_golightly

I like this cleanser. Gets my face clean without leaving it feeling tight or like there's a film on it. Don't need too much either because a little bit spreads well. I was put off initially by the colour which is a dark bright green but it works well which is the main thing. The bottle is good too with the turn cap thingy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm now on my second botle of this cleanser, which I use in the mornings. It's excellent, I have had exactly one spot since I've been using it regularly. You need only a little and it produces a creamy foam, which goes a long way. It leaves my skin smooth and feeling moisturised, and has stopped "afternoon shine". I found the smell strong at first but it's not unpleasant and I'm used to it now. Second the gripe about the cap being difficult to unscrew with wet hands, though.
EDIT: I must be on my tenth bottle of this, it's my absolute staple and the only thing that seems to stop breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I started using this product about 1.5 months ago and only a bit of product is gone - a little really does go a long way. This cleanser does an excellent job of removing makeup and it's great for oily skin - you'll really get a clean feeling with this. The price is a little high ($22 Canadian) but the bottle will last me for a while. It does a good job of keeping my occasional pimples at bay but it's not perfect! Damn PMS. This product would be too drying for someone with dry or even normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Love this cleanser! It has a nice texture (not too fluid) and no fragrance whatsoever and really leaves your skin feeling super clean, but not too tight nor dry.

There is one thing that annoys me about the packaging: you have to screw/unscrew the cap while having wet/slippery hands, so it's really difficult to handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_chocolade

I am using it almost 1 month now and all I can say is, this is really lovely product and I will be using it forever ! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ohper1983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BumMEr- the SA recommended me this gel cleanser for oily and blemish skin (green colour), my face felt very tight just after one wash. i thought i was being too sensitive, so i tried again the next day... still too tight for me. but i read so many great reviews abt it on MUA... and pple said it's such a gentle cleanser. hmm...

anyway, the next day, i went to another outlet and this SA said i should be using the deep pore cleanser because my face dont have pimples but i have open pores... she claims that this 125ml tube can use for around 6 months... well, at least this works better for me i guess... my skin didnt feel so tight after a wash and i could really see my face looking cleaner. only grouse.. it doesnt foam up well. (ironic huh- FOAMING CLEANSER)