Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 1/1/2006 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser now and i'd been using this for 2 weeks with Cleanance K. It melts your make up and leaves your face fresh and squeaky clean and not drying at all, you feel like touching your face over and over again. I was recommended by a friend whose dermatologist in singapore had ordered her to use this cleanser. This soothing cleanser also prevents and soothes my pimples.Great for people with oily / acne / prone skin. The smell reminds me of BVLAGRI baby perfume.Plus ,you only need half a dime size. very economical.

on 11/14/2005 11:20:00 AM

This is my HG cleanser, I will never use anything else...unless for some awful reason I can't find this anywhere!
It controls oil production like nothing I've ever used before (and ladies, I've used a lot!) and it's extremely gentle on my sensitive, delicate skin. It removes all make-up and dirt. I believe it's good value for money because there's stuff out there that's much more expensive and doesn't work as well, and whenever I've bought it it's been on special offer! A great product that I wish I'd discovered years ago!

on 10/15/2005 7:17:00 PM

The smell is indeed awfull, and I'm not much for gel cleansers either (hard to rinse off) I prefer the creamy ones. I sampled this and I won't buy it again.

on 10/6/2005 11:24:00 AM

Having read such good reviews about this cleanser I decided to give it a try. I have an oily t-zone and I do get the occasional spot but after using this cleanser for about four months my face broke out with really bad acne especially on my forehead. I thought the cause might have been my hormones but after changing to Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser and seeing my skin completely clear, I knew it was the Avene that was causing the outbreak. This cleanser produces quite a bit of foam (probably due to all the harsh chemicals it contains such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). I will not be purchasing this again.

on 9/17/2005 11:45:00 AM

Unbelievable strong perfumed. Can't stand it. One small amount (pea sized) in my hand, and even my bf complains about it. Never had anything else that strongly perfumed- not even my Chanel No.5 Bath oils.

on 9/7/2005 2:26:00 PM

I bought this cleanser after I read about it in some magazine. I have been using it now for about 6 months and have noticed that my blemish-prone skin has stayed relatively clear (nothing is stronger than monthly hormones!) I have bought this product again and plan on continuing to use it. The only draw back is that it can be a little drying.
*UPDATE* After finishing my 2nd bottle (which took forever) I have returned to my old favorite, dependable Cetaphil. I just found this product to be too drying for me.

on 9/7/2005 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am on my second bottle of this and I find this product absolutly amazing. It is the best acne cleanser I have ever used. As the package says, it is for acne, oil and sensetive skin. I got my first bottle from my doctor and have used it very faithly since. It cleans your skin very gentally. I feel very clean, non-irratating, smooth, soft and not tighten or dry. It clams the skin, keep the germ level down and really clean it too. I have used it both in the winter and summer. Never irratate or over dry my skin. I think it's a great product. Will defintly repurchase it again and again.
I have sensative combination skin.

on 8/12/2005 4:39:00 PM

Heavily perfumed- smells like cheapest shower gel...

on 8/6/2005 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't resist buying this product after reading the reviews here. Initially I was a bit wary: pumpkin seed oil, fragrance and colourants in this cleanser for "oily, blemish-prone sensitive" skin? It turned out to be the best wash-off cleanser I have ever used. It is effective, cleans really well yet mild enough not to leave my skin feeling tight and over stripped as many other cleansers for oily skin do. It is more expensive than your normal drugstore brands, but a little goes a long long way, so it works out just as economical as many cheap brands. The most important thing is I've found something that works so wonderfully well for me at last. Definitely will repurchase!!

on 6/22/2005 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this gel since I was 11, and I now am 21.Since I was 6 I had acne problem.I went to many doctors and they told me that there is no cure for this acne,and it will stop at the age of 25!At 12 I discovered this gel and thank God I did it!After a few months using this product I had no acne problem at all,it was amazingly dissapeared,thanks to that gel!I have never stopped using it! I use it every day twice(morning and evening) since I was 12 and I have no acne and no oily skin at all!And after that I use Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop to moisturize my skin,it's the best match with Avene's cleanser and once a week I use Avene's Gentle Scrub!