April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm now on my second botle of this cleanser, which I use in the mornings. It's excellent, I have had exactly one spot since I've been using it regularly. You need only a little and it produces a creamy foam, which goes a long way. It leaves my skin smooth and feeling moisturised, and has stopped "afternoon shine". I found the smell strong at first but it's not unpleasant and I'm used to it now. Second the gripe about the cap being difficult to unscrew with wet hands, though.
EDIT: I must be on my tenth bottle of this, it's my absolute staple and the only thing that seems to stop breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I started using this product about 1.5 months ago and only a bit of product is gone - a little really does go a long way. This cleanser does an excellent job of removing makeup and it's great for oily skin - you'll really get a clean feeling with this. The price is a little high ($22 Canadian) but the bottle will last me for a while. It does a good job of keeping my occasional pimples at bay but it's not perfect! Damn PMS. This product would be too drying for someone with dry or even normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Love this cleanser! It has a nice texture (not too fluid) and no fragrance whatsoever and really leaves your skin feeling super clean, but not too tight nor dry.

There is one thing that annoys me about the packaging: you have to screw/unscrew the cap while having wet/slippery hands, so it's really difficult to handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_chocolade

I am using it almost 1 month now and all I can say is, this is really lovely product and I will be using it forever ! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ohper1983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BumMEr- the SA recommended me this gel cleanser for oily and blemish skin (green colour), my face felt very tight just after one wash. i thought i was being too sensitive, so i tried again the next day... still too tight for me. but i read so many great reviews abt it on MUA... and pple said it's such a gentle cleanser. hmm...

anyway, the next day, i went to another outlet and this SA said i should be using the deep pore cleanser because my face dont have pimples but i have open pores... she claims that this 125ml tube can use for around 6 months... well, at least this works better for me i guess... my skin didnt feel so tight after a wash and i could really see my face looking cleaner. only grouse.. it doesnt foam up well. (ironic huh- FOAMING CLEANSER)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by valrhona

This is what saved my skin after all the breakouts I had from using the pore-clogging Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It's very gentle but still astringent enough on my oily and blemish-prone skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and cleansed without any tightness. My only gripe is that it's not fragrance-free and it contains colorants. Nevertheless, I would still rate this as the best for my oily, blemish-prone skin having tried so many cleansers from Paula's Choice, Biotherm, B Kamins, Caudalie, Darphin, Kiehls, Jurlique, etc. UPDATE: Stopped using it after I discovered Mir Skin Care, which has now become my HG. Cleanance became too drying for me! But it's still a very good option for someone with very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sexykitten20

I love this very much. It's so gentle to my skin and yet makes my skin clean.
Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 10:29:00 AM More reviews by nkpaduch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am extremely impressed with this product after only 2 days of use. My skin feels cleaner then it has been in months. I am acne prone with t-zone oily areas and some dry patches. This product works with all of that - I am so thankful I found the reviews for it here.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2004 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this product after seeing all the good reviews, and was not disappointed. I have sensitive combination skin, and this cleanser is gentle, yet removes all my make-up without drying out my skin and causing any breakouts. But it didn't seem to affect my existing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by emaan

I brought this product today after reading the reviews on here. As I live in England, I had to get it from my local Boots drugstore and it cost around 9. However, I don't know if it's the same stuff by Avene. It's not got 'soapless written on it, but it's definatly a gel cleanser. It's not foamy so can anyone tell me if it's the right one I purchased? I used it earlier and it seems nice and refreshing - will be sticking to it I think. It makes my skin look clean and clear, so gets a thumbs up from me.

Oh I don't like the smell at all, I don't look forward to waking up to it :(