August 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Blue for Women

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this in the mail today and besides the pretty bottle, I love the smell. It's not too young, not too mature, and a perfect alternative to my usual fragrances (BCBG's sexy and Ralph's Ralph). I'm not good at describing fragrances and the best I can do with this one is by describing it as clean, showery, and slightly floral. It is strong though so you only need 2 very smalllll spritzes. I tried this on my wrist 8 hours ago, washed my hands many times, and I can still smell it on my wrists.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 9:47:00 AM More reviews by peb_les

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this one and shared it with the girls at work, it was pretty mixed, half liked it and half didn't. I personnally are leaning more toward dislike. it is soft and floral, but there is some thing in the dry down kinda reminds me of musk on an unshowered person.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jennylynn

Oh dear. A SA at Dillards, armed with a bottle of the new Ralph Lauren Blue for women, attacked me on the way to my car this Saturday. At first, it smelled like it was going to be another one of the current wave of generic clean-fruity-flowery scents (i.e. Tommy Girl, Clinique Happy, Ralph, etc.). But no--by the time I actually got into the car, I was literally gagging. On the card it was just--eh. On my arm, all I could smell was a giant wave of sour, rancid muguet. I rubbed my arm with alcohol swabs from the first-aid kit until it was raw, but the headache and nausea lasted for hours.

I know that scents are a very personal, subjective thing. I would hesitate to give any scent a low score just because it wasn't a personal favorite. But I just feel like this scent isn't worth the hype or the price tag--unless your body chemistry can magically transform it. Unimaginative, piercing, rancid. Too bad. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by ClaraBow

Sorry this isn't under fragrances but it wouldn't let me review it that way. This perfume is brand new and it smells great! It reminds me of Ralph but its not as sickeningly sweet. I love Ralph but Blue is a little more mature I think. I'm very particular with fragrances but I think this one's a winner!