October 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by br_ainstorm

I use this cleanser when i use makeup or when i feel i need to rid my face off the buildup for a fresher feel. This is a heavy duty cleanser- not really for everyday use. I love the clean feel i get after using this. I need only to use very little product...it's very effective. Using too much will make my face feel tight and dry. I only use less than 1cm and lather it in my hands (it lathers really well) before cleansing my face with the foam. My moisturizer sinks in well afterwards. I think this cleanser suits combo or oilier skins. I don't feel it will be very suitable for dry or easily dehydrated skins. The product is abit pricy but it has lasted me for years... i WILL buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Cetaphil as my everyday cleanser. I only use this stuff when I've got lots of makeup to remove and I want my face squeaky clean. It does both jobs very, very well. My husband started to use this on his face!!! You really don't need very much - just a little pea-sized dab which foams up quickly and rinses off cleanly. Don't get it in your eyes! It stings. This stuff however is a bit drying on me (I have oily skin) so I don't use it very often. But that's fine, because the makeup I usually wear during the day is very minimal anyway. I've got the full-sized tube which I've had for over a year. Between my husband and me, we are almost halfway done and we think it could easily last for another 8 months. Will definitely get this again when we finally run out. Just wish it weren't so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have received several of these samples as GWPs, and I've always been pleased using it. I am surprised by the multiple reviews saying that this is too drying; while that seems to be true of many of Cliniques products, I can't say I observe this effect on me. Then again, I have oily skin. Anyway, I like how this stuff removes all makeup in one step, leaving my face fresh-feeling and not drawn or tight. Ditto the remarks about only needing a tiny amount. Would buy the full size if I was in the mood for Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lashenova

Ok. This is not meant to be a face wash or to remove makeup completly. It is meant to soften your sunscreens and makeup on your face (not the eyes) and prep you to use your face wash and fully remove your makeup. That is why people have been breaking out only using this. Read the instructions. I use this and then purpose foaming face wash then baby oil to remove eyemakeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by CombinationSkin

I have combination acne prone skin. Did this make me break out? Yes. Is it too drying? Yes. Does it remove make up? No. Is it supposed to? I dont know. But it was like cleansing my face with a really bad quality, cheap drugstore branded cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 6:54:00 AM More reviews by tjgillham

It seems really creamy when you first start using it. But too drying for my sensative skin. Skin turned flaky within two days of trying it. Back to my lotion (no detergent) cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this won't replace my regular cleanser, it's great for washing up after workouts. I received a GWP and will purchase when done.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by guyue

I am using this solely as a makeup remover. so far so good. it doesn't dry out my normal/combination skin and it is quite cheap. a little goes a long way. however, it doesn't foam well and i don't like the scent. as long as it does remove makeup, i'll repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ballerinagrl22

I love this cleanser! I follow the Japanese advice on cleansing, and so wash my face twice with different cleansers, use different cleansers on different parts of my face according to need, and switch cleansers between winter and summer. For me this is a lovely summer cleanser for my entire face - mild enough it doesn't cause dryness, but astringent enough I don't get breakouts. PROS - easy to use pump-action dispenser, mild pleasant scent, cleans well and removes makeup effectively, doesn't cost too much. CONS - it isn't the cheapest cleanser by far. It is too astringent on very dry skin and probably not astringent enough for particularly oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by afb12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a brilliant cleanser, and I've tried loads for my spotty skin. I first started using it as a gwp and found it worked great for my oily combination skin. I just use it as a cleanser and don't follow the 3 step (I used to, but didn't find it worked for me. It's not drying and removes make-up well. It's pricey but economical - lasts for months! As other users have pointed out, you only need a tiny drop to make enough lather.

I follow with witch hazel toner by Simple, Clinique DDM lotion and Stop Signs eye cream around the eyes; benzol peroxide 5% cream which stops my zits, and finally, moisurise my face estee lauder daywear.