Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 5/8/2007 12:40:00 PM

This is not a bad cleanser but it is just too drying for me. I have normal to dry skin and while cleansing lotions or creams are usually recommended for me, I love foaming cleansers because they leave my skin feeling really clean and nice. I love that this cleanser foams extremely well (you seriously need a tiny amount, as little as you can get out of the tube) and that the foam is very rich and soft. I love its clean scent (it's fragrance free but has a scent from some botanical oils) and I love the packaging. But it leaves my skin extremely dry everytime. I've tried using it in the summer but it makes no difference. So, I will not be repurchasing this cleanser and I recommend it only to those with oily skin.

on 4/28/2007 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this cleanser! It removes makeup very well and leaves skin feeling nice and clean - but not stripped. Great foaming lather, don't have to use much so it lasts a long time and makes the price very reasonable. Like that it has a flip top so it's easy to dispense. Works great on my combination skin!

on 4/15/2007 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A while ago my skin was full of belmishes, and I think this cleanser was good since it cleaned my skin and dried out the acne blemishes. Unfortunately it dried out my skin too, and now after four days of using it I have irritated skin, itching around the cheecks and over the brows. I think this one is better for oily skin, or better for skins which are not so sensitive.
I wanted to like it but I am so very unsure about it. I might use it for a while, and if my skin gets worse, not that it is already, then I will stop with it.

on 4/8/2007 2:06:00 PM

This really removes the make up well. I hate it when you have to wash your face ten times to get rid of make up. With this one, one wash is enough! I would recommend this especially people who use much and "heavier" make up.

on 4/8/2007 12:29:00 PM

Nice gentle deep clean, works nicely on my acne prone skin and leaves it squeeky clean. You need less than a pea size amount and it is enough for your face. two thumbs up from me! btw great mu remover like others have stated!

Keep in mind, please, that Clinique's skincare line works a little differently than others - this is a makeup remover, NOT a stand-alone cleanser. You're supposed to follow up with a regular cleanser after using this. That being said, this does a great job of removing foundation, sunscreen, etc. It rinses clean and preps the skin nicely for your regular cleanser to do its thing. I have oily skin and have not had a problem with this being too drying.

on 3/26/2007 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ingredient Listing: water purified, potassium myristate, glycerin, potassium behenate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, potassium palmitate, potassium laurate, potassium stearate, myristic acid, behenic acid, peg 3 distearate, palmitic acid, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, lauric acid, sodium hyaluronate, stearic acid, rosemary, dimethyl octenol, lemon, eucalyptus, lavendar, butylenes glycol, pine, cardamom, trisodium edta, ext. d & c violet no. 2, fd & c red no. 4

on 3/21/2007 10:23:00 AM

I was shocked to see how much bad reviews this cleanser has!
I've only been using it for a 2 weeks now, but I think it's a lovely product.
I actually love everything about it!
- it comes in an easy tube
- the texture is nice and lathers up very well (its foam is quite creamy)
- it does a good cleansing job (I use MAC studio fix fluid + bronzer + blush every day)
- it doesn't make my combo skin feel dry
- you only need a tiny amount
Great product; will certainly repurchase if I ever run out ;-)

on 3/19/2007 10:08:00 PM

I will continue to buy this awesome product. I went through a major Clinique phase when I was in college a few years back... and now rarely use their makeup, but this product is truly amazing. It gently but thoroughly removes ALL of my make-up (I wear liquid foundation every day). I do use a medicated cleanser which has glycolic and salicylic acid directly after to combat a bit of random adult acne - so I would say I use Clinique's product strictly as a make-up remover. I can't imagine ever NOT washing my face with this before using a normal cleanser ever again! And it's Clinique so the price is right!

on 3/13/2007 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for about 9 years. I use this to take off foundation, concealer and eye makeup. I don't think its the best cleanser out there, but it's good enough that I keep on repurchasing (afraid of trying new things, because I break out often). So yeah, this cleanser does not break me out. I would assume that this wouldn't work with those with dry skin bceause it gives me that taught, squeaky clean feeling. But it works with me, because i have relatively oily skin. The thing that I like about this is that a little goes a long way. You really only need a dot size to get enough lather for your entire face. The price isn't bad, but those that are concerned about the price shouldn't be b/c even though I use this almost everyday, it lasts me so long (im guessing around a year).