September 18, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Cetaphil as my everyday cleanser. I only use this stuff when I've got lots of makeup to remove and I want my face squeaky clean. It does both jobs very, very well. My husband started to use this on his face!!! You really don't need very much - just a little pea-sized dab which foams up quickly and rinses off cleanly. Don't get it in your eyes! It stings. This stuff however is a bit drying on me (I have oily skin) so I don't use it very often. But that's fine, because the makeup I usually wear during the day is very minimal anyway. I've got the full-sized tube which I've had for over a year. Between my husband and me, we are almost halfway done and we think it could easily last for another 8 months. Will definitely get this again when we finally run out. Just wish it weren't so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have received several of these samples as GWPs, and I've always been pleased using it. I am surprised by the multiple reviews saying that this is too drying; while that seems to be true of many of Cliniques products, I can't say I observe this effect on me. Then again, I have oily skin. Anyway, I like how this stuff removes all makeup in one step, leaving my face fresh-feeling and not drawn or tight. Ditto the remarks about only needing a tiny amount. Would buy the full size if I was in the mood for Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lashenova

Ok. This is not meant to be a face wash or to remove makeup completly. It is meant to soften your sunscreens and makeup on your face (not the eyes) and prep you to use your face wash and fully remove your makeup. That is why people have been breaking out only using this. Read the instructions. I use this and then purpose foaming face wash then baby oil to remove eyemakeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by CombinationSkin

I have combination acne prone skin. Did this make me break out? Yes. Is it too drying? Yes. Does it remove make up? No. Is it supposed to? I dont know. But it was like cleansing my face with a really bad quality, cheap drugstore branded cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 6:54:00 AM More reviews by tjgillham

It seems really creamy when you first start using it. But too drying for my sensative skin. Skin turned flaky within two days of trying it. Back to my lotion (no detergent) cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this won't replace my regular cleanser, it's great for washing up after workouts. I received a GWP and will purchase when done.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by guyue

I am using this solely as a makeup remover. so far so good. it doesn't dry out my normal/combination skin and it is quite cheap. a little goes a long way. however, it doesn't foam well and i don't like the scent. as long as it does remove makeup, i'll repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ballerinagrl22

I love this cleanser! I follow the Japanese advice on cleansing, and so wash my face twice with different cleansers, use different cleansers on different parts of my face according to need, and switch cleansers between winter and summer. For me this is a lovely summer cleanser for my entire face - mild enough it doesn't cause dryness, but astringent enough I don't get breakouts. PROS - easy to use pump-action dispenser, mild pleasant scent, cleans well and removes makeup effectively, doesn't cost too much. CONS - it isn't the cheapest cleanser by far. It is too astringent on very dry skin and probably not astringent enough for particularly oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by afb12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a brilliant cleanser, and I've tried loads for my spotty skin. I first started using it as a gwp and found it worked great for my oily combination skin. I just use it as a cleanser and don't follow the 3 step (I used to, but didn't find it worked for me. It's not drying and removes make-up well. It's pricey but economical - lasts for months! As other users have pointed out, you only need a tiny drop to make enough lather.

I follow with witch hazel toner by Simple, Clinique DDM lotion and Stop Signs eye cream around the eyes; benzol peroxide 5% cream which stops my zits, and finally, moisurise my face estee lauder daywear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Holrk

I initially got this in a GWP, and loved it. I purchased a tube for myself, and still think this is a great product even tho I tend to like Philosophy Purity a tad bit better. You only need a small amount of the foaming cleanser to work. It lathers up nice, and works well to get off my m/u, but I do find a trace of my gel eyeliner once in a while. If you don't like your skin to be squeeky clean, then this is not for you. I can see how it is drying for some users, but it works great for my sometimes oily, sometimes combo skin. The only thing I don't like about it is it's packaging. As you get near to the end, it's hard to get the product out, even tho you know there is still a couple of weeks worth of washes in there. Also, the price on this has gone up :(