August 1, 2014 | 1046 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lilyfleur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff ROCKS! Why are the reviews so low? Every Asian woman with greasy eyelids that can never find eyeliner that stays put needs to use it. It will not come off until you want it to come off. Application takes some practice but once you got it you won't find a better liquid eyeliner for us Asian girls on the market!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use pencil eyeliner or cake eyeliner but tried Ultra Liner because it was marked down to 50% off. I first tried it straight out of the bottle and got the line too thick. Not realizing how quickly it dries, I tried to thin the line with a Q-tip. It didn't smudge at all but, lucky for me, it completely flaked off! The next time I tried it, I painted the excess liner on the back of my hand first, then applied. This is how you get a more subtle line that doesn't flake. I like the brush and the bottle is just the right size, but I probably won't purchase again because I get the results I want from other types of liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by alieblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the look of liquid liner and have worn it for almost two decades. I have tried dozens of brands in all price ranges but keep coming back to the Ultra Liner. The brush may be hard to work with if you are a novice, but I love how I have mastered it so I can get great cat-eyes, lines that can go from thin to thick and back again with one stroke, and I adore how this stays on until I decide to take it off. The price is amazing for the quality of the product. This gives a very traditional, glossy black liquid line. If you want subtle, this may not be your best bet. The packaging keeps the liquid from gooping or drying out, I seem to have to replace it due to time/bacteria fears before it has run out or changed texture. It doesn't feel heavy, it doesn't crack or crease and I am jsut utterly and hopelessly in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by zajiue

Why is everyone knocking my HG liquid eyeliner? This stuff is the best liquid eyeliner hands down. I've been using this liquid eyeliner for the last 6 years and not only is one bottle enough to last for ages, this stuff will not come off my eye until I want it to come off. I am Asian with a small double eyelid and I have the greasiest eyelids in the world, this stuff will not come off and it doesn't smudge. I can make a fine line, a thick line, I could draw daisys on my face with it and it'll last until at least the next day. I've tried the the hard tipped liquid eyeliners and application wise, this is so much better. All it takes is practice!! I used to mess up in the beginning too and still mess up from time to time. What matters is that it's black black black, makes a beautiful line in the shape that I want, lasts, doesn't make raccoon eyes, doesn't flake for hours and can hold up on a greasy asian eyelid. It's the shiznit. (I never even say that word, but it's true!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by chitown73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick. What a waste of good money this was. The brush doesn't hold much of the liner on it because it's so small. And even with the first application I had clumping issues. Despite being waterproof, it is not smudge proof. After only a couple of hours of wear it started to flake off giving me racoon eyes. Save on money and frustration and buy a felt-tip liner instead, like the one that Avon makes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Natalie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this at the last minute, since my old liquid liner was lost. Horrible, terrible choice. I needed one under $10 (US) and this was $7. The brush fibers kept seperating from each other, which difficulted application. The forumla itself would not stick. It peeled and clumped greatly. The worst part was that people would notice the clumps and comment them! Embarrassing. Never buying this again, and so relieved to buy my usual. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aandfgirl133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't too impressed with this liner. It didn't go on very smoothly. It had a tendency to clump. It also lasted pretty well, but after awhile it started to peel off. The brush is almost impossible to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hadn't used liquid liners in years but I bought two of these when they were reduced to $1. each at my local drugstore. I think they're great--they're easy to apply and they stay on without smudging for hours. The trick is that I apply Ultraliner OVER powder liner---actually dark eyeshadow applied with an angle brush. I don't have to worry about a perfect line; I simply retrace the outline that I've already drawn. The shadow powder sets the liner and vice versa. The shadow also softens the line.

I think it works as well as gel liner but is less of a hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by carolineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner peels off in strips. However you draw it on, you'll see it start to peel off after like 3 hours. Also it doesn't stay on like it's suppose to. When I put it on, it's smooth and like an hour later when I check my face, parts of smooth edges are now rough looking and not pretty. Bleh, I'm over drugstore makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Janeybear

Wow this is even worse than I thought! It peels off in flakes and gets all over my eyes practically right after it dries, and I'm not anywhere around water so I shudder at the thought of what I would look like upon emerging if I actually wore this into the pool. Definitely pass!