October 24, 2014 | 864 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE 2/10/04: Rave! My biggest issue with foundation is that it starts melting, cracking and creasing up on me after even a short workday. I took a good look in the mirror around 5pm and my foundation was falling apart, looked TERRRIBLE. So I tried wiping some of it off and blending it around, resulting in something even worse. Then I remembered I had tossed this into my bag. Not all powder foundations cover uneven surfaces that well (meaning, if you have foundation on your nose, chin and forehead but are missing patches on your cheeks, you may not have good results). But fortunately Palladio is awesome and it just coated over everything evenly and I passed for okay, if not pretty good. Sorry, I'm rambling, but this is truly a great foundation for touch ups and situations like this! ---------OLD REVIEW: This is definitely a great product. The coverage is excellent, the texture is relatively silky (although not as good as Asian brand "twincakes" like Laneige, RMK, Calli, Nadri, etc). This is definitely better than Studiofix IMO. I think the key thing with this product is to apply as little as possible at a time--in my excitement of finally trying it for the first time, I just piled the stuff on and it emphasized every flake and line, though it did cover EVERYTHING. Tried it again with a much lighter hand, and it can look quite natural. My real gripe, as with Aveda Dual minus oil, is the limited color selection. I'm about a C25, and Cypress Beige is just a bit too dark, but workable. Not yellow enough at all for me, it looks grey on my skin. Still, if you find a good color match, you are soooo lucky, this stuff is pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok i tried this cause of all the good reviews and maybe i didn't do something right but i thought this was awful. maybe as a powder it is ok but to use it wet is horrible. i couldn't get it to blend. it looked cakey and chalky and chunky. i also want to add that i've read that rice powder can cause breakouts. that and cornstarch cause they are food related so i am trying to stay away from products that contain them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by NAT829

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went out and bought this product because of all the positive reviews it had received here. It's pretty hard for me to find a powder that I really like. (Actually, I don't think I've ever found a powder that I REALLY liked.) Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised! The consistency of the powder was better than the powder I've been using lately. The overall quality was great - much better than what you would expect from a drug store brand. It evened-out my skin tone and I used it sparingly, so it didn't make my face look cakey. It also made my pores almost disappear! And it's oil-free, which is a major plus. Definitely recommended, and it's not that expensive either! Sells for around $10, but found mine on sale for $7.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 1:11:00 AM More reviews by laurarvt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the bomb in terms of coverage. Laurel nude shade works for my PPP skin. I went through a compact of this in less than 1 month w/ daily use. My Aveda dual in cream is still my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by AstoundedFruitbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to thank Kristina for generously recommending and sending me this brand. This stuff really is full coverage! I'm really impressed considering it is a drug store brand. It goes on really smooth. You don't have to work the sponge into the compact to get a good amount of powder for application. I have tried it wet and dry and I prefer it with a little moisturizer underneath (wet with water definitely emphasizes the crypt keeper look.) It gives a matte but luminous coverage, like what mineral foundation is supposed to give. I find that wet application under the eyes is a no-no, but you can get pretty good coverage dry. It doesn't accentuate my dry skin as much as I thought it would either. All in all, a really nice foundation, comparible to Clinique Super Matte, but cheaper, with 10 times better coverage. :)

*update*

Why oh why! I finally managed to try this color in laurel nude and it's about a shade and a half too dark for me. If you consider yourself fair at all, this will NOT work for you. Laurel nude is also very orange, not as orange as some I've tried but definitely orange-ish. But it still gives the BEST and quickest coverage I have EVER tried EVER! Bar none! This would be my HG if ONLY they had my shade. If anyone finds a line with similar properties to this one but with a wider color selection, PLMK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I can't believe it. This stuff is near-perfect. When I first found these boards, I spent a lot of time reading product reviews and the message boards (later I started swapping but that was only after 2 months of reading). I'd been wanting to try this foundation for some time but my small university town, where I teach, has a minimalistic Sally's, and I'm far too busy to make the trek to the big city just to buy makeup. But then the Sally's started to bring in more products, so I bought one of these in Laurel Nude. Being a natural-born skeptic, I was wary, but now I'd have to say I'm shocked at how good this stuff is. If I use it to set my under-eye concealer, it goes on smoothly; if I use it as a powder with my powder brush, it gives light smooth coverage; if I use a powder puff for more coverage, it never looks chalky and dry. It also doesn't accentuate my wrinkles (not too many of those yet, thank G-d). The only product I've seen that comes close to this one is Lancome Dual Finish, but this one is considerably better than the Lancome. I'm going to buy as many of these as I can and keep them in storage...just in case they stop making it. Btw, I'm in my early 40's and have combination skin. Best rec. I ever got off these boards was to check out this foundation. Thanks, MUA!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mollyejo

Such a great product especially for the money. I am nc20 so I use laurel nude a perfect match. I have used it over many moisturizers but I could almost give it the holy grail status when using it over md formulations total protector color 30 in light tint. When used this way it gives a soft, fair, matte and flawless finish with perfect, light, and natural coverage. I will be sticking with this for a long time. (or until the product bug bites again)(which really could be just a magazine away)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation! After reading all the reviews, and always being in search of the perfect foundation, I bought some at Sallys. I was a little disappointed in the color selection (I think there are only 5 choices.) but chose Laurel Nude. It's a bit too light for me, but the coverage is just so exceptional. It erases my large pores like nobody's business. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm starting to notice a small forehead breakout. I'll have to wait and see if this is the cause or not. Will update after I lay off of it for a week or so. But so far, what a great find. As always, thanks to everyone at MUA! I've found out about the most fabulous stuff here! :o) **UPDATE** I'm still so very impressed with this foundation. I went off of it to switch around with my mineral makeup...and I have to admit that this makes my skin look so much better. After I finish this, I'll try to find a better color match, but aside from that, this stuff is AMAZING! ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, I still love this foundation, but took away a lippie because of the lack of color selection. If only Palladio would expand its pallette!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great, low priced find! This is a wonderful powder foundation, which doesnt highlight my surface flakes! (which is a huggggee problem for me) HOwever, I wasn't impressed by the color selection, im a LLL, MMM, depending on my tan, Mac nc 25, I got the ivory myrhh color, which is a little too dark, but the lightest shade was way too pale, I still do wear this because of the flawless finish, but have to blend reallyyyyy well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shob

Of all the wet/dry foundations i've tried from lowerend to expensive brands, this is the only one that gave me a sort of airbrush look. Perfect coverage and the color match i could ever ask for. Gave me a good finish. Five stars.