July 31, 2014 | 1954 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Well, I can't believe it. This stuff is near-perfect. When I first found these boards, I spent a lot of time reading product reviews and the message boards (later I started swapping but that was only after 2 months of reading). I'd been wanting to try this foundation for some time but my small university town, where I teach, has a minimalistic Sally's, and I'm far too busy to make the trek to the big city just to buy makeup. But then the Sally's started to bring in more products, so I bought one of these in Laurel Nude. Being a natural-born skeptic, I was wary, but now I'd have to say I'm shocked at how good this stuff is. If I use it to set my under-eye concealer, it goes on smoothly; if I use it as a powder with my powder brush, it gives light smooth coverage; if I use a powder puff for more coverage, it never looks chalky and dry. It also doesn't accentuate my wrinkles (not too many of those yet, thank G-d). The only product I've seen that comes close to this one is Lancome Dual Finish, but this one is considerably better than the Lancome. I'm going to buy as many of these as I can and keep them in storage...just in case they stop making it. Btw, I'm in my early 40's and have combination skin. Best rec. I ever got off these boards was to check out this foundation. Thanks, MUA!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mollyejo

Such a great product especially for the money. I am nc20 so I use laurel nude a perfect match. I have used it over many moisturizers but I could almost give it the holy grail status when using it over md formulations total protector color 30 in light tint. When used this way it gives a soft, fair, matte and flawless finish with perfect, light, and natural coverage. I will be sticking with this for a long time. (or until the product bug bites again)(which really could be just a magazine away)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation! After reading all the reviews, and always being in search of the perfect foundation, I bought some at Sallys. I was a little disappointed in the color selection (I think there are only 5 choices.) but chose Laurel Nude. It's a bit too light for me, but the coverage is just so exceptional. It erases my large pores like nobody's business. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm starting to notice a small forehead breakout. I'll have to wait and see if this is the cause or not. Will update after I lay off of it for a week or so. But so far, what a great find. As always, thanks to everyone at MUA! I've found out about the most fabulous stuff here! :o) **UPDATE** I'm still so very impressed with this foundation. I went off of it to switch around with my mineral makeup...and I have to admit that this makes my skin look so much better. After I finish this, I'll try to find a better color match, but aside from that, this stuff is AMAZING! ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, I still love this foundation, but took away a lippie because of the lack of color selection. If only Palladio would expand its pallette!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great, low priced find! This is a wonderful powder foundation, which doesnt highlight my surface flakes! (which is a huggggee problem for me) HOwever, I wasn't impressed by the color selection, im a LLL, MMM, depending on my tan, Mac nc 25, I got the ivory myrhh color, which is a little too dark, but the lightest shade was way too pale, I still do wear this because of the flawless finish, but have to blend reallyyyyy well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shob

Of all the wet/dry foundations i've tried from lowerend to expensive brands, this is the only one that gave me a sort of airbrush look. Perfect coverage and the color match i could ever ask for. Gave me a good finish. Five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Juliea

Update: I just started to use this again after my Smashbox wet/dry ran out. It still covers great but I have to mix it up with a very light powder since Laurel Nude is a little dark on me(also the powder helps to keep it from turning pink or deteriorating during the day). While Smashbox might be my favorite, I still love this one's coverage and price. The sponge is fab too!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 9:36:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on the recommendations here, but I can't say I love it. I have cool-toned pale skin that's normal-dry, and I prefer the polished no-makeup look. Liquid foundations accentuate my dry spots, and creams are too rich, so usually I wear just concealer and powder, but sometimes I need something more. This isn't it. The texture is too dry and thick for my taste, even applied lightly with a powder brush, and the lightest shade (Laurel Nude) is a strange chalky peach color, sort of yellow combined with pink but not at all neutral on me. I'm disappointed but not out too much money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 12:24:00 PM More reviews by manda78

This stuff is great! I am very skeptical when it comes to foundation because I have hard skin to please. I have combination oily/dry skin and my skin is a hard color to match yet I went out on a limb and listened to the reviews here and went out and purchased Palladio foundation and it's the best stuff I've ever used! I've used everything from the cheap stuff to the expensive kinds that you can't get in regular stores and this is by far the best. It makes my skin look like porcelin. I am hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by scooter

This foundation is the greatest thing to ever happen to my face. It provides a perfect level of coverage when applied with a wet sponge (covers red marks without looking mask-y), and it can also function as a powder when applied dry. I found a perfect match with Cypress Beige, and the price is great. I'm SO glad I listened to all the rave reviews about this stuff. It's the best I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by miladymajor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thought I'd jump on the wagon due to all of the great reviews here in P'Ville and I am not disappointed. I tried # 400 (I think this is Laurel Nude?) wet with the enclosed sponge and even though it seemed to make my pores look larger at first, I waited 5 minutes and checked the mirror again - almost flawless! I have oily skin and old acne scars and this covers them extremely well (I use Shiseido's makeup corrector pencil for the tough spots). I can't give it 5 lippies yet because I still want to try the BE mineral foundation, but all in all, I am very happy with this product! I would definitely repurchase. 3/29/04 UPDATE: Probably won't repurchase this becuase it started caking in my large pores.