April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Juliea

Update: I just started to use this again after my Smashbox wet/dry ran out. It still covers great but I have to mix it up with a very light powder since Laurel Nude is a little dark on me(also the powder helps to keep it from turning pink or deteriorating during the day). While Smashbox might be my favorite, I still love this one's coverage and price. The sponge is fab too!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 9:36:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on the recommendations here, but I can't say I love it. I have cool-toned pale skin that's normal-dry, and I prefer the polished no-makeup look. Liquid foundations accentuate my dry spots, and creams are too rich, so usually I wear just concealer and powder, but sometimes I need something more. This isn't it. The texture is too dry and thick for my taste, even applied lightly with a powder brush, and the lightest shade (Laurel Nude) is a strange chalky peach color, sort of yellow combined with pink but not at all neutral on me. I'm disappointed but not out too much money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 12:24:00 PM More reviews by manda78

This stuff is great! I am very skeptical when it comes to foundation because I have hard skin to please. I have combination oily/dry skin and my skin is a hard color to match yet I went out on a limb and listened to the reviews here and went out and purchased Palladio foundation and it's the best stuff I've ever used! I've used everything from the cheap stuff to the expensive kinds that you can't get in regular stores and this is by far the best. It makes my skin look like porcelin. I am hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by scooter

This foundation is the greatest thing to ever happen to my face. It provides a perfect level of coverage when applied with a wet sponge (covers red marks without looking mask-y), and it can also function as a powder when applied dry. I found a perfect match with Cypress Beige, and the price is great. I'm SO glad I listened to all the rave reviews about this stuff. It's the best I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by miladymajor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thought I'd jump on the wagon due to all of the great reviews here in P'Ville and I am not disappointed. I tried # 400 (I think this is Laurel Nude?) wet with the enclosed sponge and even though it seemed to make my pores look larger at first, I waited 5 minutes and checked the mirror again - almost flawless! I have oily skin and old acne scars and this covers them extremely well (I use Shiseido's makeup corrector pencil for the tough spots). I can't give it 5 lippies yet because I still want to try the BE mineral foundation, but all in all, I am very happy with this product! I would definitely repurchase. 3/29/04 UPDATE: Probably won't repurchase this becuase it started caking in my large pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2003 8:40:00 PM More reviews by o2bsayling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I will definitely repurchase. Not entirely happy with the color selection, but I can make it work for me, simply because everything else about this stuff is awesome. I'd rather go a little more pale, and jazz up my face with color, so I'm sticking with the Laurel Nude. I wish there was a color just a tint darker, and I'm not quite sure what I'll do about that in the summer. Stay out of the sun, I guess! I've just hit pan on this and will be running out to buy more. I need a lot of coverage and this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2003 6:17:00 PM More reviews by peridot7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I jumped on this bandwagon along with everyone else about 4 days ago. Glad I did because I really like this. I bought this in Cypress Beige which is not THE perfect shade, but it works fine. Luckily Sally's had testers. I am MMM with dry maturing skin. For some reason I was a little skeptical about the lasting power, but it really does hold up well. No touchups needed by the end of the day. I'm finding that using it dry gives me a little too much of a matte/powdery/chalky look so I prefer it wet which does give great looking coverage. It is not my HG but definitely way up there on the best I've tried. I gave it 4 lippies for the limited shades. Love the compact, very cute, which is great to carry around in my purse...just in case. Would I buy this again? Yes! Can't beat the price - how great is a $10 foundation that you actually like? Almost unheard of!! ;)

Update: 1/3/04 - Still using and liking it a whole lot! I wanted to add one more thing that I didn't mention earlier. I had been looking for a cheaper foundation that covered well and had some lasting power. My 3 HG foundations (Illuminare, BE & Becca) are a little on the pricey side - not ridiculous but up there. I had been looking for a less expensive foundation for everyday around the house or shopping, etc. This is it! So for 10 bucks I can save my good stuff and use this for casual everyday. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by incoehoots

Upon reviews I tried this, and it's on my swap list. I found that the colors are orangey. It also comes off on everything. Packaging is really nice though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2003 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Caramel4u002

I just got this foundation so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. When I do I will update everybody. So far it seems like a great foundation and at the incredible price of just $9.99!!! I could only find this @ Sally's Beauty Supply. I love how it's oil-free since I have oily skin. I only wish the color selection was bigger :(...not many to choose from. But I will try foundation tomorrow morning! UPDATE: DAMN! I'm really disapointed b/c I really liked this foundation, BUT it has pink/red undertones, I'm yellow undertone. :(..Im stick w/EsteeLauder.(for a natural look)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this compact foundation because of the rave reviews.

The reviews are right... this is an excellent foundation. As the instruction say, you can use it dry for light coverage or wet for full coverage. It feels very light on.

I gave it a 5 rating. Their lightest shade is Laurel Nude (400) and it eventually gives my face a pinkish tint. So, it's a great foundation and if they ever came out with a foundation with a yellow base... I would get it in a heartbeat. Just doesn't work for me right now.