July 31, 2014 | 2167 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 12:59:00 PM More reviews by greedyredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was handed the Select Sheer rather my usual plain Pressed Powder (salesperson seemed to indicated regular Pressed might be discontinued, who knows). At first I was skeptical because of the wonky applicator (spongy, not a soft puff) and the coverage wasn't what I was used to with the regular pressed. However, the sponge was fine although I've replaced it with a puff (I'm a bit fanatic about having a clean applicator). And the coverage is nice -- not too heavy, doesn't look streaky. Haven't had any problems with discoloration but I use NC15, aka - The Color of Paste, so perhaps that's the reason. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by colours

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC's Select Sheer pressed powder gives such a beautiful, natural look. EXCELLENT for everday use. It hides even the fairly large pores on the nose area and gives your face a very soft, pretty look. I like to wear over MAC's Studio Finish conealer for flawless skin. I wear it everyday, and most people don't even know I'm wearing makeup!!!! Lasts very long, as it's finely milled. Should wear over moisturizer. You get so much product versus price (around $16). Would definitely buy again xD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 5:49:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like the sheer coverage and soft finish. However, NC30 also turns orange on me and I used to wear C-30 studio fix (more yellow than NC). What the shame since MAC is my favorite cosmetic brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by april1976

I really enjoy this product. My skin is pretty clear, so I don't need much coverage...and that is why I like it so much. It is not cakey at all and leaves a nice, simple matte finish. I will be repurchasing this product as soon as I run out. If you nee

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pink03kat

I like this product. It's so much better than drugstore stuff, but doesn't cover totally. It's great for summer and looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ahorn

This is a wonderful powder!!! I love it, I must warn that it is extremely sheer so if you want more coverage than try the studio fix. Also, for people who have had trouble selecting their shade with MAC in the past, just ask the sales associate if you could choose your own color. It worked for me. The first time I tried MAC the associate told me NC35 (in the Studio Fix) was my color and the color made me look pasty and gray. I found out on my own that I am NC45, and it's a perfect match. Also I hear this powder oxidizes and may turn a shade darker,so I plan on trying the NC40 during the winter months when my skin is a little lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by junior_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find a lot of powders settle into any lines on my face making them even more visible. but this powder doesn't which is what I like most. I don't know why but it smells like honey graham crackers but not in a good way. After you have it on, the smell goes away though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2003 11:24:00 AM More reviews by ncg2335

When I bought NC35 in the store, it looked like it was a match....then after wearing it a couple of times it started to turn orange on my face. I was horrified everytime I looked in the mirror:-( And from reading the other reviews, I guess I'm not the only one. I'm really disappointed cuz I was all excited to be part of the "MAC Fan Club". I'll be staying away from thier powders and foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2003 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hotNsexy_capricorn

OMG..okay this was the fault of the M/A. i said i wanted the regular pressed powder she gave me sheer.....i said i would try it out...YUCK! it left blouchy things on my face! and did not cover for shit...WILL NEVER EVER EVER buy this again..maybe if your skin is perfect then go ahead and buy....but for the rest of us....be afraid be VERY afraid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Select Sheer is lighter than MAC's pressed powder. Although it's light, I can set my concealer with this product. I wear the same color as my foundation (NC45). It has a lovely texture that goes on smoothly. I use a fluffy powder brush to apply, and the enclosed puff for touch-ups. A nice staple to have.