October 22, 2014 | 904 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Twhylite21

I love this powder! It goes on so smoothly and matches my skin perfectly. I use a powder brush to apply it, which works really well. I wear it in NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 5:13:00 AM More reviews by PrincessStella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can find nothing wrong about this! It goes on so smooth and matches skin colour so perfectly! I usually put it on with a brush over my Studio finish or Studio Tech foundations and it makes my skin look flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2004 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Pixyflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this powder. I just bought it in NC45 and it looks beautiful over my Select SPF foundation (get a lighter shade than the foundation, apparently the powder oxidizes with this particular foundation and turns darker...I saw it with my own eyes!). It really brings out the golden undertones in my skin, and doesn't turn "red" on me. It also feels very smoothe, and looks incredibly natural. I don't want, or need a lot of heavy coverage, so this is the perfect match! I'm on my way to becoming a MAC fiend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2003 9:52:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I love this powder. It's very natural looking and is great for setting foundation. This powder caused no irriation or breakouts on my normal/combo skin. In the foundation I was matched to NC40 but I'm a NC30 for this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 12:59:00 PM More reviews by greedyredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was handed the Select Sheer rather my usual plain Pressed Powder (salesperson seemed to indicated regular Pressed might be discontinued, who knows). At first I was skeptical because of the wonky applicator (spongy, not a soft puff) and the coverage wasn't what I was used to with the regular pressed. However, the sponge was fine although I've replaced it with a puff (I'm a bit fanatic about having a clean applicator). And the coverage is nice -- not too heavy, doesn't look streaky. Haven't had any problems with discoloration but I use NC15, aka - The Color of Paste, so perhaps that's the reason. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by colours

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC's Select Sheer pressed powder gives such a beautiful, natural look. EXCELLENT for everday use. It hides even the fairly large pores on the nose area and gives your face a very soft, pretty look. I like to wear over MAC's Studio Finish conealer for flawless skin. I wear it everyday, and most people don't even know I'm wearing makeup!!!! Lasts very long, as it's finely milled. Should wear over moisturizer. You get so much product versus price (around $16). Would definitely buy again xD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 5:49:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like the sheer coverage and soft finish. However, NC30 also turns orange on me and I used to wear C-30 studio fix (more yellow than NC). What the shame since MAC is my favorite cosmetic brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by april1976

I really enjoy this product. My skin is pretty clear, so I don't need much coverage...and that is why I like it so much. It is not cakey at all and leaves a nice, simple matte finish. I will be repurchasing this product as soon as I run out. If you nee

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pink03kat

I like this product. It's so much better than drugstore stuff, but doesn't cover totally. It's great for summer and looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ahorn

This is a wonderful powder!!! I love it, I must warn that it is extremely sheer so if you want more coverage than try the studio fix. Also, for people who have had trouble selecting their shade with MAC in the past, just ask the sales associate if you could choose your own color. It worked for me. The first time I tried MAC the associate told me NC35 (in the Studio Fix) was my color and the color made me look pasty and gray. I found out on my own that I am NC45, and it's a perfect match. Also I hear this powder oxidizes and may turn a shade darker,so I plan on trying the NC40 during the winter months when my skin is a little lighter.