December 18, 2014 | 1060 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup4sure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really like this mask.
i suffer from acne around the chin and nose area and occasionally on the jaw line and this clears it right up

i dont use it as a cleanser much but i do use it as a spot treatment at night by applying a dab on a pimple letting it dry a bit and then going to sleep

when i wake up its almost all gone!
its less swollen, red, and inflamed.

once in a while i use it as an all over face mask but i think that makes me breakout more cause essentially masks draw up the impurties to the surface of the skin, makes you purge, and then clears up your skin...well according to my derm at least

i will definately repurchase this time and time again
i have already gone through 3 tubes, and almost done with my 4th

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by monster1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made my skin red, blotchy and dry...yuck. Didnt like it. Wish I did cause I got 2 new nasty zits from the Aveeno calming cleanser and now I dont know where to look for a new deep cleansing, but calming cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PhxSunsGirl

I bought this after reading about it in a magazine. When I first tried it, I thought, wow this is really refreshing. That feeling goes away after a couple of uses. As for helping my acne, it didn't. My skin was breaking out just as much as it was before. I gave this product about a month and a half before I stopped using it. I got tired of it not helping my skin, but bleaching my clothes like crazy! As for the mask part of this product, like I said before, it is refreshing but I don't think it cleans my pores much. I perfer Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (see my review) to this when it comes to a cleansing mask. Overall, this product just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Newcastle7B

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had horrible acne as a teen. Birth control improved it slightly as I got older, but it wasn't until I added Clear Pore that my skin significantly cleared up. I still get one pimple (as opposed to an army) when I am nearing my period, but that isn't close to enough to get me to stop using this. I think it works best as a mask, just apply at the start of your shower/bath and rnise when you are wrapping up. I don't see how you can't see a difference!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This really makes my skin feel soft and clean! I used this for awhile, but was running low and didn't bother to repurchase. The thing was, this cleanser is really good at getting rid of clogged pores! I have a handful of clogged pores on my forehead and my forehead hasn't felt smooth and bump-free in years until after I started using this cleanser regularly for about two weeks. Once I stopped using it, one by one, the clogs came back... Don't know why I strayed! Since it has menthol in it, though, I don't recommend it for use around the eyes. Use something else to take off your makeup, and then use this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kelipoo

This is my HG AM face wash. While my skin isn't perfectly clear (and I don't think it ever will be), this really helps keep it in check. I don't use it at night, as I have bleached a few pillow cases with it. At night I use a salicylic face wash and Stridex BP power pads.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lillyntally

This product is wonderful for getting the gunk out. I use it as a mask mostly (and sometimes even sleep with it on) It dries out pimples and just makes my complexion look fresh and even. Very satisfied with this product and the price is very reasonable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by XOXOlga

This product does not work for me either as a mask or a facewash. First of all, it contains menthol, which is the reason it tingles. That tingly feeling is not the product working - it's the product irritating your skin and making it raw! (Read Paula Begoun's book/website, cosmeticscop.com) I can't bear to leave it on for the recommended time. After I was it off, my skin is dry and itchy. It's WAYY too much for my sensitive skin. It DOES have benzoyl peroxide, which works well on acne, (which is why I gave it the 2nd lippie) but you can get it without the menthol in any drugstore, buy the store brand, better ingredients, cheaper, better results. This is something I would not use anymore. If you have sensitive skin stay away!! If your skin is not sensitive, there still are better products on the market to use - like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask, leave-on benzoyl peroxide, and gentle, non-irritating cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mask is a good & cheap drugstore mask. I switch off using this, Queen Helen mask, & aspirin mask. During *that time of month* Im more prone to breakouts & this combo has helped clear up my skin when i have flare ups. I very rarely use this as a cleanser because its pretty much a waste because BP needs to be on the skin for a while to actually work.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by file03

nothing special. I have combo oily/dry skin. did nothing to help with oil, or blackheads, or pores, or anything. if anything, it slightly dried my skin, and opened my pores way too much. even some red discoloration before my makeup application.

now I am more happy with Mac's cremewash. no drying. to control any shine/oil, I use Mac's blot powder. and my face has never looked better.