April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

Really good cleanser AND mask. I love using it as a cleanser because of the benzoyl peroxide in it. I find that salicylic acid doesn't really work as effective for me. It's not harsh as a cleanser or overdrying for me (I have combo/oily skin with acne) and I really feel like it deep cleans. The mask is also great, I feel like my pores are tighter after using it. It's a fast drying mask too which is nice since I don't have that much time for pampering. It's a great product for its price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I normally don't like cleansers that don't foam but I really really really like this one because it gets results. To begin with, it cleans my skin well. Also, it keeps my skin clear! (I notice a difference in my skin if I don't use this cleanser.) Although I don't use the mask feature of this product often, I can tell you that it is a nice deep cleanser when I need it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by sammerz2388

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a sucker for BP and that "tight, fresh" feeling that a serious mask will leave on my superoily face. As a cleanser, it doesn't do much for me. I use it as a mask nightly (I'm not kidding about the serious oil factor of my face). I don't know that it does too much in the way of acne prevention, but I'm pretty confident that it has kept some baby zits from developing into full-blown mountain ranges. Ew, but true. Packaging is simple and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Beckiboobuzzin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this product a month ago and what an improvement!! I have combination skin with large pores on my chin and I get frequent breakouts and black heads around my mouth and chin area.

Overall this product, when massaged thoroughly into my skin and rinsed off - left it feeling smoothed and cleansed without the 'tight' feeling you sometimes get. I use it as a mask 2-3 times a week and it has cleared my blackheads AND my blemishes. I stopped using it for a few days in favour of Burts Bee's Lemon and Poppy Seed Cleanser and my face broke out again! So back to this one : )

The packaging was a bit plain for me though (I'm usually sold on cute/ expensive or kitch looking products! - hence the Burts Bees purchase!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. My face has been breaking out cyclically on my cheeks for some weeks. I got to the point where I was washing my make-up brushes everday and throwing away my powders and concealers fearing contamination.

I saw that this product had a higher BP percentage then the other drugstore acne systems and decided to try it. I have used it as a mask (and spot treatment) three times in the past week and all of the ance that I had is GONE. It dried everything up and even destroyed this blackhead that would not go away.

I had two pimples threatening to erupt on my right cheek. I attacked them with this product whilst still using make-up every day and it stopped them in their tracks. It's a bit drying on my non-oily areas of my skin and it makes my eyes water something fierce, but if it continues to kick my pimples butt, I will continue to suffer through that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by clumpy_dumpy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really effective as a mask. I use this when I'm breaking out and my blemishes always looks less noticeable the next day. Its also great at prevent acne. I've used it a few times as a cleanser but I feel like it's too strong and drying for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

I remember using this 5 or so years ago. But stopped using it since it bleached everything. But recently, i was in a desperate need to clear my acne and remember that it did work for me back then but i just didn't like that bleaching fact. So i decided to buy again, and it did nothing but make my blemishes more red and cause more pimples, i also noticed that it was way too drying for my combination skin ( oily t-zone, dry chin,normal cheeks). So i didn't hit the jackpot on this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by quarterblanket

This was a a bit harsh for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. I did try it in the summer when I am my most oily and didn't receive remarkable results positive or negative. It didn't seem to break me out, but it also didn't do much for the existing spots. One thing that weirded me out though is that it completely bleached one of my wash cloths.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by purepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is probably not for somebody with sensitive or/and dry skin. this has a lot of menthol and would probably BURN those with dry skin, but those with relatively oily skin, this tingles. i have the oilies to the fullest and this feels wonderful on my skin and the menthol really wakes me up when i use this in the morning. i usualy dont like BP because pro active never did much to help my acne in the past. i bought this for the mask, and have since been using this sometimes as a wash (this really dosnt clean your makeup off tho, so i use it in the mornings to wake me up!) again, i am really actualy liking this and will continue to use for the time being

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bse89

This product has really been working for me. I'm 18, with pale Irish, sensitive, and combination skin. Since I've been in college, my skin has been breaking out a lot more, probably because of my change in diet, not getting enough sleep, and the new stress :) I use this as a cleanser (not as a mask, my skin is too sensitive for it. My face gets really red afterwards, and I don't see a greater overall improvement than when I just use the cleanser). So far, I've used it daily, but I have noticed some peeling, so I'll start using it every other day.

Something else to add, when I first got this product, I thought it would be a good idea to follow up with a BP spot treatment. But, at least for me, that just leaves big red spots if I do that. So now, I just use the cleanser alone and it works very well.