July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by file03

nothing special. I have combo oily/dry skin. did nothing to help with oil, or blackheads, or pores, or anything. if anything, it slightly dried my skin, and opened my pores way too much. even some red discoloration before my makeup application.

now I am more happy with Mac's cremewash. no drying. to control any shine/oil, I use Mac's blot powder. and my face has never looked better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, let me say: THIS IS BASICALLY THE SAME THING AS PROACTIVE, BUT FOR MASSIVELY CHEAPER. (This is what my derm told me, and as this woman has been the guiding savior of my skin and all my friends' skin...)

This stuff does a great job. Very few products use benzoyl peroxide instead of salicylic acid--benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria, which means it works a lot better (and more quickly!) than salicylic acid for a lot of people.

You only need a tiny, tiny bit to wash your face with--you need more for the mask, of course, but that's just logical--and it really goes a long way. It's too harsh for my face and makes me scaly, but EVERYTHING is too harsh for my face--I can only wash with Cetaphil, and even that is quite drying for me.

This really is an incredible product--it gets rid of the acne, clears and cleans your face up, and tones your pores, too, especially when used as a mask. I think it's too strong to be used very often as a mask.

Took off points for packaging quality because the lid on mine won't close anymore, no matter what I do. I'd recommend this to anyone with moderate acne--I think it's probably too strong for anyone with clear skin or only mild acne.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm using this more as a mask rather than a cleanser. I've been suffering from horrendous breakouts from Skinceuticals Retinol product (Stopped it, got way worse). I visited a Derm recently and she gave me Differin gel and Clindgel and told me to wash with a BP wash of less than 5%. Without having to buy proactive, I figured I'd give this a shot. My pores were tight, my face felt so clean and fresh afterward.

BP will irritate ees, so keep it away from your mucous membranes

Pros- Deep cleans the pores, makes them tighter, clean and fresh feeling. Nice cooling menthol. Cheaper than proactiv and easier to find.

Cons- Hard to wash off. Really hard. So I suggest doing the mask before you shower, let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse off with the aid of a washcloth. It can irritate the eyes and make you red if you use excessively. So be careful.

I am using a gentle cleanser (Neoceuticals Triclosan Antibacterial wash) first. It gets off my makeup and even sensitive skin can use it. Then I do the mask, leave on about 5 minutes, rinse in shower. My acne cleared very fast using this with Differin every other night.

BP Washes have been shown to be just as effective as leave on BP products without the irritation. It doesn't take but 5 minutes for it to penetrate your skin and give you some antibacterial protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favourite product out there, but i don't hate it. My skin had that new feel to it after but it hardly lasted. My acne reddened slightly and i didn't feel as if my pores were unclogged. not a great product as far as Neutrogena goes. disappointing, i won't be buying again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by angela_cheung11

Not sure whether this is the product I used because I couldnt find the one i was looking for, but i think in Australia this is called Skin Clearing cleanser/mask.
I loved the scent and menthol in this cleanser, left my skin cool and refreshed. Didn't clear up my acne though.
Good as a cleanser, good as a mask. Felt like pretty much the same thing.
I loved this product and I wish i could use it but i can't because of my acne, so i won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product for a mask and was happy that I could use it as a cleanser too. I like it better as a mask; you put it on & you start to feel it tingle & when you wash it off it feels all nice, tingly, and clean. When I used to as a facewash (I was my face 2 times a day), it seemed to make my face a little drier than usual. I think it did more for my acne when used as a mask, but overall its still a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by suzzel

It's better than a lot of much more expensive masks out there.
I'd only recommend it to someone who rarely breaks out, doesn't use BP on a regular basis, and just uses it as an occasional mask when the skin is very oily after cleaning the house or right before their period.

Quite drying, slightly irritating cleanser, which is a bad idea if you actually have acne and are using a benzoyl peroxide gel daily (a lot more efficient than just using a cleanser containing one). You will flake from the BP and only want to use a very mild cleanser, since you can't "lift" the oil that is clogging your pores with a mask, unfortunately...
I'm also getting sick of products for oily skin that contain menthol to give the tingling, "refreshing" feeling... does menthol actually do anything for oily skin? I don't believe so.
With that said, as face masks for oily/combo skin go, this one is affordable, mattifies well and can probably help prevent the occasional break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello all! I use this product almost daily. I am a bath taker/soaker. I soak four aspirin (walmart brand) and mix it with a 1/2 teaspoon of this mask/cleanser and let it sit while I catch up on my "trash" mags. After ten or fifteen minutes I rinse. Viola, good to go! No need for any other product before bed. I read that BP even for a few minutes does the necessary job of bacteria removal. Just wash and moisturize in A.M. I do not use it to remove my makeup (purpose bar). This and mineral makeup(Everday Minerals) have cleared up my hormonal skin. YAH!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by watoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been waiting a few weeks to review, and the verdict is in-- it's great! Haven't had 1 blemish the whole time I've been using this. I'm surprised, since the BP is supposedly washed off so quickly that it shouldn't have time to work, but something seems to. It is tingly, and the first time I used as a mask, my face was red and a bit "hot", but it works so well. I use every night as a cleanser and 2 to 3 times a week as mask. Hasn't really helped blackheads, but neither does my BHA product (Neutrogena 3 in 1 Stress Control), but together they've helped my face look as good as it ever has. No miracles, but I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the few Neutrogena products I will continue to buy. I only use this in the shower, because it is quite thick and difficult to rinse off. Once a week or once every two weeks, on days that I do not use my 2% BHA gel, I put this on in the shower like a mask, and rinse after a few minutes. I like the cool, tingly sensation, and it makes my skin feel soooo smooth. I don't like using it out of the shower as a mask because it's on for a long time and tends to make my skin red. I have used this as a cleanser and it is great at removing make-up, but I prefer my Skin Balancing Cleanser.