Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 1/30/2003 12:17:00 AM

I thought this product was pretty good.. My fingers crack during the winter and this mosturized my hands really good. Didn't care for the almond scent at first however it grew on me and I really like it now.

on 1/29/2003 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this but I think it leaves your hands more greasy than moisturized probably because of the beeswax. Once the greasy feeling wears off, it leaves your hands pretty soft, that is if you can first tolerate your hands feeling like they have just been dipped into Crisco. It smells lovely though, it's called almond milk but I think it smells like maraschino cherries. I like how the product comes in a jar. It was $5.99 for 2 oz. It makes it very convient to carry in a purse. I don't think I will repurchase this.

on 1/21/2003 4:55:00 PM

I was lemming this, but wasn't going to buy it until I was finished with my TBS body butter, but I got in my Christmas stocking. I'm glad I did! It smells like a strong amaretto and coke cocktail (which I think is good), and it moisturizes very well. Being that it is so thick, it is best for extra dry patches, but not all over. Works great on cuticles.

on 1/11/2003 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Mixed feelings. It surely does moisturize, I'll give it that. It's pretty 'thick' on, you definitely feel it for quite some time after application.

Two problems I have with this however. First is that the scent - albeit SOMEWHAT pleasant, it overwhelming. Forget whatever perfume you're wearing, this will completely overpower it. The scent itself is middling to me - a very strong sharp almond scent with a tinge of 'medicine'. But the thing is its a STRONG scent.

Also the scent does last a long time. If anyone thinks otherwise I think it's just one's nose's self-defense mechanism at work.

The other thing I didn't like was - the packaging - it's in a screw-top jar and it's in solid-like 'butter' form - which is fine but not so much for those with nails. Kind of getting tired of having to scrape it off the undersides of my nails where it accumulates each time I use it. It might be better if the 'rim' of the jar was wider (the diameter is approx. the size of Jane Blushing Cheeks/Ulta Eyeshadows/MAC blushes)

I do however give it 3 lippies because it does moisturize which I suppose is the whole 'point', but I don't think I'd buy it again, if I wanted that strong of scent I'd just prefer to marinate myself in a favorite perfume. continued >>

on 11/10/2002 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. I've used it every night before bed for a year and a half now, and I get grumpy if I run out.

The almond scent isn't my favorite, but it's grown on me.
I love it because it's thick and rich and feels wonderful when you rub it into your knuckles and fingers.

If I'm feeling really decadent, I'll cover my hands in these white cotton gloves I have from TBS and my hands are so, so soft in the morning. I don't do it as often as I should because the gloves make me feel goofy in a Michael Jackson kind of way.

on 10/7/2002 6:20:00 PM

The cream is heavy and sticky at first, but after you rub it in for a while, it gets absorbed really well and makes your hands satiny-smooth. I like the fact that it's an all-natural formula. The smell is, indeed, repulsive, but it does fade quickly.

on 10/4/2002 10:33:00 AM

The scent of this product is even stronger when you first apply it than it is when you open the jar, so if you are turned off by a strong almond smell, this may bother you AT FIRST - But, IMO the scent dissipates quickly and the creme soaks in fast. Natural ingrediants, and soft hands are what you get with this hand creme. (This is my "drugstore" hand cream).

I did not enjoy the scent of this product at all! It's an okay cream, but if the scent is bothersome, I can't tolerate it. Too bad, I might enjoy it otherwise.

on 7/11/2002 3:59:00 AM

This moisturizes nice but I find the scent extremely annoying. After a couple of used I never reached for this again.

on 7/4/2002 1:22:00 PM

Thick an rich hand cream & I love the strong almond scent!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products