MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 4/8/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of my first brushes ever from MAC. I actually got it because a family friend had given us a gift back from MAC way back in the day. All the colours in the gift basket were red and no one in the family used red. So we brought the basket to the MAC counter, explained out situation, and they let me choose anything that equated in value. I didn't know what to get since I was still in high school at the time. The MUA there suggested the 239 brush. At the time, I didn't know what it was nor did I know what it did.

Well years later, this brush has become an essential. When I used to use mineral foundation, I would use this brush as a concealer brush...to pack on the powder to any acne marks or blemishes. Now that I use a different foundation and concealer, I use this brush strictly for eyeshadow...when I wear it. This packs on pigment incredibly and any eyeshadow colour to give you the vibrant look. There is no waste when using this brush aka minimal fallout.

on 3/29/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I use this brush a lot. It works great for packing on color on my lid. I love all the white brushes from the whole MAC collection. The quality is outstanding, it's firm yet soft.

on 3/28/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Great for packing on bright/intense colors on the lid, then lightly blending it up, especially on smaller Asian eyelids like mine. Super soft, easy to use.

on 3/27/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this brush. It's one of my favourites, and great quality like all MAC brushes. It's the best brush I own for packing on colour. If I could only pick one MAC eye brush I think it'd be this one. (Though I'd miss the 224.)

on 3/15/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'd like to think this is like the HG brushes but its not. I bought this brush after i pruchased my 217 and I'd like to also think that if I bought the 239 first it would be my HG brush. It can pack on colour, and yes its a great quality brush, but really and truely its not really versatile. Don't get me wrong, I still think everyone should have one, and I also think its preformance is superb. However, in the long run how good is it really? Just 4 lippies good.

on 3/11/2009 2:54:00 PM

This seems to be a staple in every makeup addict's stash, so I went ahead and purchased it. First off, this is remarkably similar to Loew & Cornell's Maxine's mop brushes. I think the L & C brush is a little harder, and the handles are a bit longer, but that is it. This brush is good for packing on a dense layer of colour on your lids, if you "pat" the colour on instead of swiping it. It also allows for a precise application using the tips alone. However, I find that overall the brush is quite stiff, and it is thus not very forgiving if you misplace some dark colours. I prefer the 217 over this one and will probably not repurchase because I already have this and two of the L & C dupes.

on 3/11/2009 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I too got this from the HK collection and it works very well to pack color on my lid, and I know that if it were the normal one, not from the HK collection it would be even better, because this little one is already pretty great, so if it were ever to get lost or broken ;-( then I would most definitely get one, but for the time being this little puppy is good stuff!

on 3/10/2009 11:46:00 PM

Honestly, other than the dorky little sponge tip applicators inside drugstore eye shadows, I had no real idea how these brushes are supposed to work. I gave it a 4 because it worked out well and a whole lot better than teh sponge tips. Although I do like the 217 better because it seems I can do the same things this one can, plus blend out a smoke eye.

on 3/10/2009 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I got the special edition from the Hello Kitty brush and holder set...and will now be purchasing the real size 239. I love how it easily packs on color on the lids. I see why it's a must have MAC brush :)

on 2/22/2009 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have a bunch of MAC eyeshadow brushes, but this one is probably my favorite. I use it for applying color to my lid. It's quite good at packing on the color. I especially like it for applying pigments because it seems to minimize fall-out. Great brush.

Video Reviews & Tutorials