July 28, 2014 | 1412 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by belle_30x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly, other than the dorky little sponge tip applicators inside drugstore eye shadows, I had no real idea how these brushes are supposed to work. I gave it a 4 because it worked out well and a whole lot better than teh sponge tips. Although I do like the 217 better because it seems I can do the same things this one can, plus blend out a smoke eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the special edition from the Hello Kitty brush and holder set...and will now be purchasing the real size 239. I love how it easily packs on color on the lids. I see why it's a must have MAC brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bunch of MAC eyeshadow brushes, but this one is probably my favorite. I use it for applying color to my lid. It's quite good at packing on the color. I especially like it for applying pigments because it seems to minimize fall-out. Great brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This was completely worth the money.. I cannot remember the price but I think it is anywhere from $22-$24. It's an outstanding quality brush that can do many things. It packs on color easily, it can be flipped on end to work the crease, or under the eyes. It's has many uses, you just have to experiment with it to find the best ways. It has enough weight to it, so the handle feels solid. It's one of the best starter brushes for MAC. If you are new to their brushes, get this and the 217 first. You don't really need anything else. I go for being practical first and having the most real use you can get out of a brush.
I don't feel the need to use brush shampoo, because gentle baby shampoo is the same thing. Lay them flat to dry and your brush should last forever. If you don't, and they dry brush end up, your handle may crack from the water. MAC brushes are handmade, made of teak wood, and goat hair. Brushes cannot do all the work for you, it's up to you and the products to do the rest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

The best brush ever! This brush could really do it all if you had a couple 239s. It pack on color, softly lines the lower lashes, and it's fluffy enough at the tip to do crease work. Really the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dotix

This is a must-have brush every make up beginner, expert or whatever will undoubtedly NEED for eyeshadow application. It's dense enough to pack the colour on and the size and shape allows it to be extremely versatile. I use it for everything- from eyelid to crease to highlight. This brush does it all. Bought it for 38AUD but it is most definitely worth it. If I had to choose one brush and only one brush to have for eyeshadows this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mgjolley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the SE version first. It's great! I honestly don't think there is much difference b/w 239 se and 239. Anyway, my 2nd regular size 239 is on the way. I'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush along with the 217, both are a MUST HAVE if you are just starting out with MAC brushes. This is great for packing on color and the tip I find is great for applying color on my lower eyes. The white bristles on this brush and the 217 is my favorite part because I can easily tell which color was on which side when I'm doing multiple colors on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow brush does the job for applying pigment evenly. It doesn't blend at all though so you'll have to get another brush for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by cathymakeupart

AMAZING!!! The greatest base colour applicator for eyeshadow, or to blend (concealer, not stiff, very soft so it doesn't pull, and never streaks since the hair is so soft, yet fully bundled). I've had mine for a year and it works so well! It's difficult to find soft brushes that apply color as opaquely as this brush. I have to say, my MAC brushes were some of the best investmets in my makeuo kit! Have to be willing to spend to get a professional grade application and proper blending!