April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by elleocin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After doing A LOT of research on this foundation, I decided that it was worth a shot. First off let me say that I have very sensitive/combo skin, and this product worked, for ONE of those issues - controlling my tzone while not being completely drying on the rest of my face. However, after not even a full day of wearing this my skin did not react well. I woke up with redness and a few itchy bumps around my face, significantly worse than before I tested it out. I wish I could tell you I was surprised, but with skin like mine...... its basically an "expect the worst but hope for the best" situation whenever I test out new makeup.

Overall i'd recommend this product for those with combo/oily skin, as it does do an amazing job at controlling shine - not greasy at all, and a powder-like finish. But as for those who have overly sensitive skin like mine, i'd say pass (unless you're the gamble-on-your-skin type) then best of luck goes to you!

The search for my hg foundation continuesss

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jmlamb07

I am proud of Covergirl for making a foundation that doesn't break my face out, doesn't look terrible on me, and lasts! Great coverage and finish. I bought this back before I got some sun this summer, and I learned that this product oxidizes. I didn't notice it indoors under artificial light, but the minute I looked in the mirror in my car, my face was orange! So I know next time to go a shade lighter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by starlighttears

The coverage is very well, but it dries and sets really fast so it isn't really blendable if you decide to put concealer after your foundation, make sure it's near the same colour of your foundation. Although, it had built in concealer, I had some occasional breakouts and post acne marks that I still need to cover up. It stays on pretty well, it manages my oily skin throughout the day, I'd have to touch up with powder but that's just my skin. I have some dry patches due to my acne medication, so I'd need to exfoliate every time I would wear this or else it is very prominent to the dead skin. I've been using this for awhile now, i haven't noticed it irritating my skin nor making my acne worse, but it may differ from your experiences because it may be my medication maintaining it. But other than that, it overall is a good investment on a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by morganbacc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ABSOLUTELY love love love this foundation. It stays true to what it claims to do, and it feels like im wearing NO makeup but its still full coverage it covers my dark circles under my eyes and it matches my skin perfectly, it lasts all day i have nothing bad to say about this foundation(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Brandzy

This is probably my second favorite foundation. It covers so well, and dries to a matte finish. Even though that I still need to conceal with this foundation on, this is a really good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cherry3749

I have combination skin with occasional dry patches.Love this foundation!!! Stays all day, smooth finish and has about a medium coverage but it is buildable without looking cakey. The price is pretty expensive (got mine for around $10 at target, but I heard its $13 elsewhere). I would buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by coralika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing foundation for over 7 years now, and I can say for certain that this is the best foundation that I have ever tried. I have bought so many different foundations, from drugstore ones that have cost half the price to high end ones that have cost 6x the price. Nothing compares to the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1.

FYI, I suffer from one or two pimples occasionally, but nothing that a little concealer can't fix. My nose is quite dry and has a lot of enlarged pores, while my forehead and the sides of my nose can get oily throughout the day. I am between a NC15 and NC20 at MAC, and I use 810 Classic Ivory in this foundation. It is a perfect match. Keep in mind that this foundation will oxidize a tiny bit after application, but nothing too drastic.

Application/Finish:
This foundation glides on so smoothly and is so easy to layer on. I have dry patches and enlarged pores around my nose area. Most foundations that I try only emphasize these areas, but this foundation has covered those up seamlessly. I have tried using my fingers, brushes, and my beauty blender sponge, and this foundation works great with all methods of application. I usually use one pump for my entire face for daily use, and two pumps if I'm looking for more coverage. Regardless of how many pumps I use, the foundation looks flawless and makes my skin look perfect without being cakey. I would say that this foundation has medium coverage with a semi-matte finish and a nice glow to it. It feels almost like a powder on my skin once it sets in, although I still apply setting powder to make sure it lasts all day. Finally, there is no obvious smell to the foundation. (I hate foundations with a strong foundation smell).

Staying Power:
I usually put on makeup at 7am in the morning, and sometimes I don't wash it off until around 10 in the evening (that's 15 hours!). I would say that the foundation starts wearing off after about 8-10 hours, but it still looks great by the end of the night without any touch ups or blotting. Sometimes, I'll even take an afternoon nap, and my foundation still stays on after putting my face on my pillow. Most foundations tend to make me oily by around 5 hours, but this foundation holds up very well. My face does not get sticky or oily, even on hot humid days. For a foundation that isn't completely matte and dry, I am very impressed with how long it stays on my face.

Final Words:
I am on my 2nd bottle, and have been using this foundation almost every day for the entire summer (about 5 months now). I haven't had any problems with the foundation breaking me out or making my skin worse. I'm usually more of a BB cream person (the Asian ones. NOT the American ones) because I don't like how heavy foundations feel, and I like how easily BB creams glide on my face. This foundation has definitely changed all of that. I know that I will be repurchasing it again and again and again... until I find a foundation that is equally as great as this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I have this foundation in 842 Medium Beige which is a great match for my NC25 skin. I don't have problems with it oxidizing on me. To me, this foundation is okay. It has decent coverage but nothing amazing. It actually does not cover up hyper pigmentation or acne scars for me. I know you can technically double this up as a concealer but let's be real, no one likes the look/feel of a cake face. I do have dry to normal skin and the good thing is that this foundation doesn't cling to the dry patches especially around my nose. It also lasts a good 8 hours. I don't love this foundation nor do I hate it. In other words, when I wear it, I don't look in the mirror and think to myself "wow my skin looks great!" It's more of a "mehh I'm wearing makeup." But hey, kudos to Cover Girl for the pump. They're really stepping up their drugstore game.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by twigsonic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the worst time with foundations! My skin is oily and the only ones I've ever found that work for me always end up discontinued (Shine Free, Great Wear, Air Wear, too many others to remember.)

What I like about this foundation is that it does cover flaws. It's a light enough shade (805 Ivory) It stays on for a long time even in high heat and humidity AND it has SPF 20 which is so important to me in a foundation because my skin is so oily any sunscreen at all will turn it into a grease-fest and so putting foundation (which almost always turns my face into a grease-fest) on top of sunscreen is impossible.

Sometimes when it's very humid out I don't apply setting powder, because it tends to evaporate my foundation into patches beneath it as the day goes on. I've found with the Outlast I don't need powder but if i decide to use it, a light layer works fine. Either way the makeup doesn't migrate.

I'd love to see this same makeup in a compact cream to powder or as a powder foundation with high SPF because most of my favourite discontinued foundations have been powder foundations and there are none currently out there that I like enough that have high SPF to want to wear as a stand alone for daily use.

UPDATE 3/10/14

I keep trying other foundations and this is for me still the best when worn alone. I'm noticing it covers under eye shadows when other thinner foundations just don't. I don't like using concealer so this is important for me when choosing a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Gabsglam07

IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN I RECCOMEND READING BELOW!!
Ok so, after using this product, and LOVING it because it is SOO lightweight and Has FANTASTIC coverage, I started to breakout a little. It wasn't a big deal, so I kept covering it with my new fave foundation (hint hint: the one I'm talking about right now:)) then I just keep getting more... And more.. Acne... It's now probably the worst it's ever been but by the time I realized it was possibly from this product, I had already practically finished the product. This has AMAZING coverage, even more than many of my high end foundations from places like Clinique. I just stopped using it recently and I'm not getting my acne as fast because I'm not using the product (as much.. It's so much coverage I can't help myself!!! I know I need to stop!) it's still now an ongoing battle to get this acne gone!! So now I ended buying even MORE products!!! This doesn't break me out very much UNLESS I use it on a daily basis. I exfoliate my skin everyday and use moisturizer before makup application, but it still tends to worsen my acne/cause breakouts.
OVERALL:
If u tend to wear your fave foundation everyday, I wouldn't reccomend this product. I only use this once or twice a month now and that doesn't seem to break me out quite as much, otherwise, if your just looking for an easy LIGHTWEIGHT, COVERING foundation to hide blemishes I would def reccomend this product!! I am guilty of sometimes using this as a concealer, because I can just apply a dab or two with my hands and brush over some setting powder and I'm good to go for several hours! I find that this product doesn't break me out as much when I do that because I'm not spreading the bacteria from my other acne all over the clear parts of my face.
I rated this product three stars, the price is great, coverage and weight and applying it is great, but unfortunately it causes me many breakouts!!