L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 3/1/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is different from the traditional tinted BB creams. when I first squeezed out the product I was alarmed by the white cream that was coming out. I was instantly disappointed UNTIL i actually applied it to my face. once i started blending it in I saw that it for the most part matched my skin tone nicely. I also love the fact that the coverage of this product is a pretty decent coverage. I definitely would say that it is a medium coverage, but I wouldn't think it is very buildable. It blurred out the imperfections on my face and also blurred out the redness around my nose. you can get away without setting it with a powder, but if you wanted more coverage I would go ahead and do so. The only downside of this product is that the longevity isn't the best. I had to touch up a few times but I guess it's just due to my oily skin. overall a good product to have.

PROS: decent medium coverage
-feels very light on the skin
-a little goes a long way
-very affordable

CONS: not very buildable
-longevity of product isn't the best
-can't really use a brush or sponge with this product. best to use hands
-product spills out very easily. keep out of hot places!

on 3/1/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love it! Dont even need foundation with this.

on 2/27/2013 11:44:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.
Firstly, I should have paid attention to the fact that it has "beads" that "transform" to your skin tone; I have had bad experiences with these sorts of products. The beads are rough on the skin, and I get all nervous when the colour stays white and doesn't transform.
Secondly, if I have any sort of dry patch on my skin, this product clings to it and makes it pronounced so much so that I find it hard to believe that this product actually "hydrates". Before I rub this onto my face, I don't see a trace of dry skin, yet after it is applied I have patchy areas that make me want to throw this thing out the window.
Lastly, the coverage is alright, I didn't expect much from it because it's a BB cream and all.
I think I'll just stick to my pigmented moisturizer by laura mercier.

on 2/25/2013 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I began using this product about a month ago. I was looking for something that wouldn't clog my pores and that would leave an effortless finish for someone on-the-go like me. I am so pleased with this BB Cream. It matches my medium skin tone perfectly, which is usually impossible for me with drugstore brands. It's perfect for all over coverage during the daytime as well as night. I often pair it with another product to reflect light on areas such as cheekbones and around my eyes. This BB Cream has replaced my usual foundation which was harsh on my skin and made me look overdone when simplicity was my attempt. Very pleased!

on 2/23/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually totally hate BB creams. I have extremely oily skin and tried the Garnier BB (yikes- oily skinned ladies beware) so since then I have avoided them like the plague. I recently decided I wanted to try a little more natural look and my friend recommended this. I self tan, so my face is lighter than my body so I chose the medium shade. The packaging is cool, the color change thing is different, and I thought I may like it.

HOLY HELL OXIDATION. I've been sitting here at work looking in my front facing camera and I try to deny it but I am lookin orange! I also look a little patchy and discolored in general; not a fan.

Another problem I faced, I read everywhere that BB creams applied by hand are super streaky so I tried my makeup sponge and the color would NOT go from white to skin tone until I used my hands.

The one good thing I can say is - I've had this on for 6 hours now and my face isn't oily at ALL! I put a tiny swipe of tarte amazonian clay finishing powder over my nose and forehead but that's it and my face has stayed shine free so far! Sadly that is the only good I can give this, maybe I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens oxidation wise, but it's lookin pretty bad.

on 2/21/2013 12:50:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Fair. I love that it transforms to your skin colour. It dries down to a matte finish and didn't leave me feeling greasy. I will repurchace. I'm a bit disappointed that it has no spf in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried several BB creams, both foreign and domestic, and, by far, I think this is the tube of stuff I'll be reaching for everytime. Granted, I wish there was some SPF involved here, but I'm ready to forgive for because of 5 things: 1) I already have SPF in my face lotion; 2) Creates a perfect shade--this purple-gray liquid creates the perfect color for me, and this is usually the biggest problem for those who want to wear BB creams. I wear DEEP, btw; 3) Good coverage--goes on easy, evens out my skin without looking made up; 4) Oil control--WTF! How the heck does this product hold back the oil slick for hours when I only applied about a centimeter of the product over my whole face?!?; and 5) Lightweight--my face feels clean and under control. This would've been 5 lippies but no SPF so I took off one lippie. Good job, L'Oreal! I finally found a BB cream that took the worry out of wondering if it will work or not.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wanted to buy a BB cream so that I could have glowing, radiant skin. This definitely isn't the product for that. When I apply it on my bare skin,, it does really even out my skin tone and blur imperfections like it is supposed to, but it leaves my skin so matte and dull looking without any glow to it. It also leaves my face with this weird, dry, sticky feel. Putting on a rich moisturizer beforehand helped a little bit with this issue… But I still don't like it enough to use it on a regular basis.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying this out a few times....my skin looked really dull & lifeless. I have mild redness around my nose and uneven skin tone which this did even out but my skin looked flat and just simply dull. Nc25 matched the Light shade perfectly.

Initially, I liked this very much. I loved the coverage and the 'magical' way the beads adjusted to my skintone. I was left with a satin finish and contemplated buying a backup tube as it was on sale at Rite Aid. Then at around Day Three of wearing it I noticed my face was much more sensitive to the touch, felt tight and hot, and I was flushing much more easily than usual. Day Four I tried one last time to wear this 'bb cream' as a way to test if that was the problem and couldn't even put it on, I felt like my face was on fire. So I definitely had a reaction to this (nothing else in my routine had changed). Now, I understand YMMV when it comes to foundations as everyone's skin is NOT the same, but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in, in case I can save someone else's sensitive skin some pain. I would not repurchase, but for the finish and look of the foundation on my skin the first 2 days, this one deserves at least 3 lippies. NC20 for reference.