L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 10/17/2012 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

So for reference I am a MAC NC30-35. I picked up W5 Sand Beige and W6 Sun Beige because it was a BOGO 1/2 off and with the changing seasons I thought it would be nice to have two shades to mix together. It has an SPF of 20. The foundation blends smoothly with the Ecotools Buffing Brush.

The wear of the foundation is pretty decent. I put this on at 10:30am and by 7pm I could still see it lasting on my face. It did fade on my cheeks but that was also in part of me leaning on my hands.

Now for the bad news... I have dry skin and I found that throughout the day I became shiny and greasy. I seriously never get oily so I know it's not me. I could just tell that the natural dewiness I get when I first put this on becomes a greaseball as the day progressed. It's the strangest thing ever. I set my foundation with UD All Nighter Setting Spray. I never use powder because it clings to my flaky areas, but I just might have to in order to combat the greasiness I get as I wear this foundation.

So as a recap, the color match is nice, the coverage is good for me, and the lasting power is pretty good. However the greasy feeling I get with this foundation is not my cup of tea. I'm thinking that this would be good for winter time because the oil/shine I get can bring moisture to my skin. All in all, this is an okay foundation. I'll keeping testing it throughout the seasons to find the best time to wear it.

***Just to compare to the Neutrogena Health Skin Liquid Makeup. I wear Natural Beige 60 and it's just a tad lighter than Loreal's W5 Sand Beige. They both are supposed to give you a "natural dewy" look. I feel that Neutrogena really looks like skin. However, I'm stuck with one shade because if I go any darker in the Neutrogena Line I'll look weird because they have pink and gray undertones. Neutrogena also doesn't come with a pump. Which makes Loreal's pump a plus. Although Loreal blends smoothly I can still tell that there's foundation on my skin. I'd personally go with Neutrogena. If you have one, you don't really need the other.

on 10/14/2012 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i got this in a shade that is maybe 2 shades too dark so that I can mix it with my other foundations that are too light for me but still love the finish of. I usually mix this foundation with other foundations that are long lasting and more of a matte finish. I think the mixture of those two are just amazing! on it's own, i may not use it too often bc i feel it would slip off my face, however if you want a dewy finish and if you want something like the revlon photoready but without the shimmer, than this is it! it does provide great luminosity with no shimmer ! Also if you like revlon colorstay but want something a bit thinner and something that glides on, mix this with it! its great

on 10/14/2012 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite drugstore foundation so far. This is a light to medium foundation that matches my skin perfect. I use 2 pumps with a Real Techniques stippling brush. There is a luminosity to it with no sparkles. I still need to use concealer. I do set it with my Chanel powder and it is lasting most of the day. Perfect for normal to dry skin. Will buy this again.

W4 is great!! Warning W3 is more peach than yellow, does not work for me. I guess I can't use when I'm more fair.

I bought this product on a "whim" and I'm glad I did!! I love the way it makes my skin look. I get airbrush tans and I had nothing but compliments on how my skin looked! I do use a powder on my nose cause I have combo skin. I have always had issues with finding a foundation. I would start out liking it but then something would change. I have never been really for using "drug store" foundations but none of the high end products did it for me.

on 10/12/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this product anticipating a luminous, glowy finish. However, it felt runny and dry going on, kind of like acrylic paint...and it looked like a death mask covering my skin. The color match wasn't bad. I have a light/medium neutral to cool olive tone, and N4 was good for that. But, the worst was it gave me a huge, cystic acne pimple! I used to have bad acne when younger, but my skin turned dry due to age, and I haven't had even one pimple in many years.

I'm not sensitive to bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, or silicones. That's what's strange. I'd highly advise women with acne issues not to even try this. It's not worth the risk when there are so many other choices out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this foundation! One of my favorites! I wanted something sheer and moisturizing for the fall/winter months. I got the shade Sun Beige (W6) As far as consistency goes it's very much so like the Maybelline BB Cream (another light foundation I love.) it's a very runny liquid it spreads easily and blends very well. I have combination skin that gets drier during cold weather months. This foundation moisturizes and keeps my skin looking healthy. It gives it a bit of a glow without looking oily. You can still see your skin through this makeup which I love. I use this to even out my skintone and keep my skin well moisturized. If you are someone that wants those things I'm sure you will love this product. If you are someone that has oily skin or wants a foundation with a lot of coverage then this isn't it. For people with my skin type I highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first time ever wearing makeup and to be quite honest, it is disappointing. I have the n7-8, which is a classic tan neutral. While it does match my skin tone, it doesn't give that much coverage. I've realized that I have been breaking out ever since I starting using this product despite the fact that I wash and moisturize my face day and night. On top of that, it comes off on everything. So, I can't wear any white clothing if I want to wear this makeup. I will say this though: it does make my skin luminous. Overall, it is mediocre. If it stayed on, gave more coverage, and didn't cause me to break out, then it would have a much better rating. Besides that, it comes in nice packaging!

on 10/4/2012 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like makeup that looks very natural and this product does just that for me! I usually use this over a primer and apply it either with a stippling brush or with my bare fingers. It is very blendable and not streaky at all. The coverage is light, and you will require a concealer to cover up spots/pigmentation. Love the pump and the wide color selection. Overall, a good buy and I will purchase it again.

on 10/3/2012 1:05:00 AM

Love this! At first I was disappointed as I THOUGHT it didn't cover well. But, each day I wore it, I noticed a smoothness, softer and a younger looking feel and texture to my face. The makeup is not heavy at all and yes, there is a glow, a youthful one to this 62 year old face! The circles under the eyes are gone (no need for concealer) and the color N5 is a perfect match for my light medium golden tone. It is buildable and several colors are offered to match perfectly. I may have to powder my nose after 6 hrs or so, but this makeup has the qualities of Clinique or Estee Lauder in my opinion at a much affordable price! A keeper!

on 9/30/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For someone who has extremely oily skin, I'm surprised I like this a lot. For reference I am NC35 in MAC PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 320 in Rev Whipped, 310+330 in Rev CS, OC30 in Shiseido Maquillage Lasting Liquid UV. I have moderate acne-scarring and I live in a hot and humid weather.I have this in W5 Gold sand, which is a perfect match for me, with slightly yellow undertone (not orange like MAC's foundation) as I have a yellow asian undertone.

Texture: The texture of this foundation is very interesting, it is runny but has a creamy body to it if that made sense, a little like ice cream when its partially melted. It applies beautifully, spreads evenly, easily blendable and doesnt dry quickly leaving you time to blend properly. The texture is also very lightweight and feels very airy. This applies well using fingers or flat top kabuki brush, with the flat top, you get better coverage

Coverage: The coverage of this is light-to true medium and truly buildable. I find that after layering, it covers my acne scars well enough that I dont need a concealer. Layering doesnt make it look cakey at all, this is one of those foundations that can be built for more coverage and yet stay very satiny and skin like.

Finish: This like its name give a luminous finish, a really2x beautiful finish it almost made my skin look healthy, translucent and glowing. It really gives you a fresh faced look. The finish is absolutely gorgeous, doesnt look cakey, looks like your skin but a better glowing healthy luminous version. If you apply a light dusting of powder on top, it still retains the fresh faced look, but with slightly less luminosity.

Wear: This surprisingly lasted on me about 6-7 hours without primer, considering it is not a long wearing foundation and I have extremely oily skin, and live in a hot and humid weather where I have been known to sweat a tonnes. It stayed pretty well for 6-7 hours and would start disintegrating after that. With a good primer underneath, this lasted me through 11-12 hours working day, actually great. I find however this left me rather oily by mid-day so i have to blot a couple of times and I dont really mind, since this doesnt claim to be oil-controlling either. For me, it doesnt control oil all that well. This does oxidize on me slightly, just slighly, but doesnt go way too dark or turn orange. Consider picking it up in a lighter shade.

Reaction: I have not broken out from wearing this or experience any other side effects like itchiness as some foundations do.

Packaging: The packaging is beautiful, comes in a glass bottle with rose gold cap and pump. It feels expensive, but the price for me is not too expensive, with coupons you can get it for less, I picked this up at around USD10.00. The dispenser dispenses a good amount of product without being wasteful, I find that two full pumps is great at getting the most coverage out of this foundation with almost a full-cover pay off without being cakey.

All in all, the staying power would have been much better without a primer for someone with normal to dry skin. Oily girls should consider wearing primer with this to extend the wear time. All in all, I LOVE this foundation, I love the beautiful finish it gives, the cover the color the pump, everything..too bad I have to buy this online as it is not available in my local drugstore...but overall, a great find, amazing...Highly recommended!