L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 3/5/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I bought this foundation because I was struggling with the right shade and when I went to the drug store and saw that L'oreal has a very wide range of shades I got very excited. I went home and applied the foundation and for me it looked a little bit oily and it did not give me a great coverage. This particular foundation looks very natural so I'm guessing that is why it did not give me the coverage that I expected.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump and I found it really useful because you can get the product easily without making a mess. I honestly don't think that you can get a cakey look with this foundation due to its consistence. I do think however that it lasts too little and you have to apply the foundation after 5 hours again.
I probably will not be buying this product again because I am looking for a foundation that lasts longer, but if you have a normal or dry skin I think this foundation is great for you because it highlights your skin and it makes it look radiant, but if you have oily or combination skin type I dont recommend this foundation.

on 3/4/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After watching all the youtube raves about this foundation I really wanted to try it. I'm a MAC NC40-42 (winter-summer) with a lot of yellow undertones to my skin. Their color range in this didn't exactly match so that was the first problem.
The second was that even with my dry skin...I ended up looking greasy instead of glowy . :( everyone around me noticed the difference.
I loved the packaging...but the product inside just didn't deliver like I would have hoped. I returned it to target. Will not be purchasing again.

on 3/4/2013 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Two great things about this foundation...the pump is fantastic and the color range is outstanding. Otherwise, I'm not so fond of it. On my winter skin, I'm a NW20 in MAC. I bought the Neutral 1-2 in this foundation and it's a pretty good color match. However! It oxidizes in about an hour and after two hours it starts separating and smearing all over my face. I used the same moisturizer I use under all my foundations and don't usually have a problem. I won't be returning it, but would not repurchase. I'd say this is light to medium coverage. It does settle into pores and accentuates any dryness or fine lines you may have. For high end foundation, I'll stick to Kat Von D Lock It. For drugstore foundation, I'm going to keep using Revlon ColorStay.

EDIT: I still do not love this foundation. For some reason, it looks absolutely terrible around my nose area. I cannot get it to cover properly or stay put. What am I doing wrong?!

on 3/1/2013 8:57:00 AM

This foundation has saved me, after a terrible fight with acne I have had uneven and discolored spots , and this has been amazing. I'm no foundation expert but whenever I try other foundations (recently tried the new revlon naked) nothing compares to the loreal lumi. The consistency and coverage is perfect. The pump bottle is wonderful, and the color options are terrific! Would recommend this for people like me who don't like wearing foundation but have to (to cover up past marks and discoloration)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you have unblemished cool-toned skin, I think this would be a good product for you. It gives an even satin finish that is just barely dewy, not "I'm glistening and I want EVERYONE to know". I got Warm 6, which I thought based on internet research would be a good shade equivalent for MUFE HD 153, buuuuut. Side by side, the MUFE HD is like, high yalla, which I want (I'm sallow okay? Sallow with a bit of pink and golden brown PERFECTION) and the Lumi looks solidly beige. On my skin, it oxidizes quickly into an ashy cool orange (I didn't even know that was a thing...?) which makes me look gray instead of glow-y. I'm a bit disappointed that the warm color is actually cool, but I still like the light-medium coverage and spf 20 included, so I'll use it sparingly mixed with my MUFE 153 to make it last longer. Might have to give Mac foundations a try after all, and if they break me out, fuck it. That's what samples are for!

ETA (cleaned up language, haha): One caveat-this makeup, under pressed powder, does not last through "vigorous physical activity". Something to keep in mind.

on 2/25/2013 8:36:00 PM

I love this foundation, it applies like silk and does give a glow. I also found a perfect color match N5 which I am hard to match. Like others have said, this foundation's quality is high end department store.

But too many cons for me personally - It doesn't have the coverage I need for acne scaring and it makes my normal skin shine in a few hours and I'm trying to avoid powder to let my skin breath and not be cakey.

I just went through a skin care and makeup "cleanse" as I have been dealing with sever cystic acne. I am on prescription medication but I started taking a closer look at what I was putting on my face and reading ingredients. There must be something in the ingredients causing irritating my skin as after using this for a few days I'm getting breakouts - so unfortunately this is not for me.

If you have good skin and are not at all oily, this is a beautiful foundation. Great price, packaging and color selection.

on 2/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I love the pump and it comes in a wide range of colors and has spf. I have dry skin, so I moisturize with MAC's Studio Moisture Cream and prime with MAC's BB cream before I apply my foundation and this combo makes my skin look flawless. I would definitely buy this again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't really like this foundation too much. I liked that it was a light coverage that was buildable. I did not like the dryness. It accentuated the dryness on my nose. Also, one day out with my boyfriend, he made the comment that I had been reading Twilight too much... Its super glittery. Not a satiny or dewy finish but a glitter finish. I did not like this at all! I do prefer a pump but this one leaves a lot of product at the bottom that you can't get to. I ended up having to break the pump off to get the large amount of product left in the bottle. Not the foundation for me.

After watching all the yt videos one this foundation I finally got it a few months ago and I wanted to see how it really was for myself.. I have very dry skin esp in my Tzone and it can sometimes look splotchy or cakey.. I was super excited to try out this foundation because it was suppose to help people with dry skin look healthy and luminous which I think all of us dry people would enjoy! I've been testing out this foundation for a few months now but for some reason or another its not a foundation I can wear by its self I find myself mixing it with others to get the perfect coverage... If you have perfect skin and its dry,,, This is the foundation for you no doubt! I need something with more coverage.. People have said it was full coverage but honestly its not and I hate that... besides the whole coverage thing Id say its an ok foundation! You can choose what undertone you need which is really a nice thing when choosing foundation

on 2/20/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this foundation. Not only did it give me a perfectly flawless, luminous look, but it doesn't make me break out! Their color selection is perfect for someone with redness but with yellow undertones. I have dry to normal skin, and this makeup goes on perfectly and stays on all day without powder. I use L'oreal's studio primer in green, to reduce my redness, then put this foundation on with a sponge, then set with E.L.F. Makeup setting spray (my skin is dry, I don't like powder). My makeup stays looking fresh and dewy all day long, and this foundation is the best I could hope for. The fact that it is $11 is a steal! It's like a lighter version of MUFE HD foundation.