September 22, 2014 | 898 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was smart for once and read the reviews before buying this product. I live in a semi-arid valley, and my dry skin really can suffer in the summers. I needed a good moisturizing foundation, and I've found a good one in this! The product goes on smoothly and evenly, does not settle into my fine lines, moisturizes effectively, and gives me a healthy, youthful glow. The only not so great part is, as others have said, that it stays a little shiny and moist, and it is resistant to setting powders. The coverage is translucent, but I always use concealer 1st anyhow. Overall, i like the end result of glowing, dewy, and younger looking - all pluses for an older lady like me, so I will probably repurchase. The price was great too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of foundations that I test and use and this is one of the latest. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product. It was pretty easy to match to my skintone and went on very easily. It blended out well, lasted throughout the day and provided the luminous finish that I was looking for. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying the Lancome Teint Miracle (which I have also reviewed-though the review itself is fairly short) and having it end in disaster I thought I'd try out the L'Oreal True Match Lumi in the hopes it would be less expensive and wouldn't break me out.

It is definitely not like the Teint Miracle. On me it set to a satin finish and as the day went on got really greasy and patchy. No matter what I did it still looked gross by the end of the day.

But, just like the Teint Miracle, it broke me out.

Sigh.

Looks like I won't be wearing L'Oreal brand face products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I alternate my foundations throughout the year/seasons depending on what my skin is like. It went through a bout where it had been on the drier side and my usual LM silk creme was a bit much for it to handle. Another favorite is Revlon Colorstay but that's also pretty mattifying for me so I decided to try true match lumi. It's a nice my skin but better foundation that's good for a luminous (hence lumi) look. Until then I had never ventured into L'oreal foundations due to the shading situation of C this and W that. Granted I've dealt with that system in the past w/ MAC but somehow I expect the drugstore foundation situation to be less complicated and more clear cut. I was around NC30 when I purchased this and went w/ W4. Originally I had thought I'd be W3 but after reading a review someone wrote/linked to on the board, W3 sounded more pink/less yellow than the former. I was able to use testers @ Walmart and compare both shades. I did find W4 to be more yellow and W3 to be more pink/just off for my skintone. W4 is an excellent match (for now) however I find L'oreal's shading system to be a bit goofy. I applied various c, w, and n shades to my arm that day and don't think L'oreal has a good grasp on the undertone system. I either get matched to NC25 or C3 at MAC depending on the SA so I do have a lot of yellow in my skin. If you're a traditional NC25 then W3 would probably do the job. If you have strong yellow tones then consider checking out W4 instead. This foundation is very good for drugstore if you have the patience to figure out your shade. I don't think I'm going to go through all of that again to find my fall/winter shade so this will discourage me from repurchasing. For drugstore I plan to stick to Revlon because I find it more simplistic/easier to find a match and identify undertones of shades. Also I need to blot more througout the day w/ this foundation vs Revlon Whipped (combo skin).This comes in pump form and retails for around $11 @ Walmart and Target.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is exquisite! Can't feel it on at all ! Gives light coverage and a glowy finish. Definitely not for oily skin cause this has little oil control. It is a godsend for dry skin because it is so moisturizing and doesn't highlight dryness!! Every foundation highlights my dry skin! W1-2 matches my NC10-15 skin alright. Can't believe I finally found a foundation pale enough for me at the drugstore! Only gripe is that its not transfer resistant :( the bottle is gorgeous though!

UPDATE: It is too peachy toned for my yellow beige skin..... Can't wear this...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by PinkAnya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let's state that i have an oily, acne-prone, NC15 skin.
I bought this foundation in the lightest shade (of course), but i was still a bit dark for me. The foundation has a greyish finish, which was surprising.
The texture is lightweight but doesn't blend easily.
The smell is very present, so be careful if you are allergic to scented foundations!
The coverage is very light, it have tried BB crams with more coverage. You will need a concealer on top of it if you have problem areas.
The worst thing is that it makes you look oily an hour after you put it on your skin. Even with a setting powder, you will look greasy if you have a combination/oily skin.
Overall: not impressed with this foundation and i don't recommend it for girls with a combination/oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was $12 or $13 at walmart. I found it pretty difficult to blend. Just found myself giving up and dealing with a streaky finish. Because of the dewy effect, trying to set it with a powder just made it look worse. Within an hour my face felt so extremely greasy I couldn't wait to take it off. My skin isn't oily to begin with either. As far as coverage goes, I wasn't that impressed. I'm not throwing it away just yet because it is summer so it has that working against it. As far as good things, it is a pump foundation and the color match was good. Most importantly, for me anyways, it didn't cause me to break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My color is W1-2 and the match was good. However, I dont really like this foundation. It has too much slip for my taste. I prefer a foundation that is not silicone based because silicone foundations do not set. I had to set it with powder and it grabbed (and needed) a lot because of its dewy finish. The coverage was light and was not buildable. It did not cover the redness on my cheeks, which I needed to add concealer. This left my skin feeling greasy all day. Still have not come up with a foundation that can compete with my holy grail foundation which is Maybelline Superstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by amyquimby

I bought this produyct hoping it would give me a natural glow, and make my skin look younger. It does have a nice finish. It has light to maderate coverage. The only problem is that it slides off my face, and gets all over my cell phone. I will not be purchasing this product again. However, OI am saving it use when I fill I need a lighter foundation...which is not very often,

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I purchased this because the marketing is the same as Lancome's Teint Miracle, which is my HG foundation. Unfortunately, I can't really afford it on a teacher's salary, so I was looking for something similar but less expensive. FYI I'm an Ivoire N1 in Lancome.

The L'Oreal foundation is fairly decent. I'll go ahead and confess that I'm taking off lippies because of the color selection. The N1-2 shade is NOT neutral at all. It's a very warm shade, and it's more similar to N3 in the regular True Match foundations. I don't know why they made the shade selection different from the regular foundation options. It just makes no sense to me. As a C1 in True Match, having to settle for N1-2 just isn't logical.

This is a very thick foundation and it dries quickly, leaving little blending time. And this foundation NEEDS lots of time because it's very difficult to blend. My one major pro is that this foundation has a beautiful luminous finish, just as it advertises.

Honestly, if this foundation came in a color that really matched my skin, I would probably rate this higher; however I just do not understand how L'Oreal thought that changing the color system would be smart.