November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! It has the best oil control in all the foundations I have ever used. I have a VERY oily T zone. I use this EVERY DAY.

I use it in light color, but it is just a tad light and pink for me. So, for my everyday use I mix it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 . Very little (maybe a quarter of a pump, very little covers your whole face with a brush) MAC SFF with equal amount of this product on a palette, and apply with MAC 187. This blends it into a cooler tone that matches my skin and increase its coverage.

Color, staying power and coverage of MAC Studio Fix Fluid
PLUS
Oil control, natural look and moisturizers of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector = miracles!

I know the word moisturizer is scary to oily/combination skins like myself, but this one will NOT get you oily.

You don't need to use any other moisturizers, primers, not even setting powder! Maybe a little concealer under this to cover up blemishes, but I still haven't found one that I like.

No oxidation (MAC SFF alone tends to oxidize), no shine, no cakey appearance, no heaviness.
Just that when used alone, this product settles into fine lines a bit. But like I said, don't use it alone. Mix it.

This is also great for under eyes, light enough to highlight, not too dry to make you look old.
It amazes me how one product can be highlighting AND matte AND oil controlling AND not too dry. It's just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

Previously, I've used Garnier's BB Cream that wasn't oil-free and I had no idea that it had oil in it. So, I bought this BB Cream and never regretted it.
Pros:
-Blends in nicely
-Matte finish
-Scent isn't so overpowering that your face swells like a blow fish
-Only a small amount is sufficient
-Face doesn't end up looking like a grease ball
Cons
-Tends to emphasize some dry patches on face, not a whole lot, but about the size of a fingertip
-Can make skin look a bit pasty (esp. for me, b/c I am naturally tan)
-Formula is runny, so pouring out the amount is pretty tricky
Other than those listed Pros & Cons, this BB Cream is a good improvement from their previous one, since it doesn't make your face look like a complete grease ball. However, the part about making skin appear pasty is true. Especially if the cold air is blowing against your face, you will look like a ghost. Despite all that, this BB Cream will be my Holy Grail for it's matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJayne12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted something light because I didnt need a foundation because my skin was getting clear. I thought this would be perfect for my oily fair skin. NOT. it was matte for 30mins. my face was so oily + I usually don't breakout from products but this made me break out in those cyst pimples under the skin. worst product ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I stayed away fro the original formula because it was so greasy and light in coverage but when I noticed they came out with an oil free version I had to check it out. I can't believe how nice the coverage is (barely need a concealer) and the finish is actually matte! My skin is acne prone and sensitive and I haven't had any problems with this so far. The only thing I'd change is the packaging...the formula is so runny that you can't put it on it's side with the cap open or it will run out. Otherwise this is my favourite BB cream so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by calooza

After i tried the first garnier bb cream, i was very skeptical about a new one. But after reading really good reviews, i though i would give it a go.

I have oily sensitive acne prone skin for reference.

I bought it because the weather is warming up, and i need something light to make my skin tone even and with spf, and natural looking.

Pros
- It's very watery, so it blends very well. Looks like you're applying moisturiser.
- The color (light) is very neutral (more on the yellow side) and it goes very well with my warm tone
- The coverage is buildable. I can use 3 layers without looking cakey at all. And it disguises well my blemishes. If i want more coverage, i use concealer only on my spots. I prefer a very natural look, so i only use 1 layer.
- The finish is just awesome! The skin feels so smooth and soft. It really looks like skin, even if you look really close. Doesn't look like you're wearing make-up, really!
- It camouflages my pores really well (i have huge pores in my nose and cheeks)
- It has a matte finish
- It controls shine very well, although i use some powder on top (personal preference)
- It has spf 20 and moisturising properties
- It doesn't make me breakout, which is awesome!
- It looks better and more natural after a few hours of wearing it - it's not longlasting, but your skin looks good and healthy at the end of the day, which i really like.

Cons
- It has an alcohol scent when you apply it (it's one of the ingredients) - this scent went away after a few applications
- it doesn't last long - but it doesn't claim to do so, and it's a bb cream, not a foundation, so it's excusable
- The packaging spills a bit, even when it's closed, so i have to store it upside down
- It doesn't keep me shine free for more than a couple hours.

I prefer applying it with a brush (i use the expert face brush by real techniques) and the finish is a dream. So flawless and even. And i use less product this way.

Overall, I recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's really only a handful of skintones that this product works for. If you have one of those, good for you. The rest of us, who are either too dark or too pale, will just have to suffer on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by skyybound1243

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

oh.my.god. I cannot express how awesome this product is. It makes my skin look so soft and pore-less. No product has ever been able to keep my combo skin from looking greasy and shiny but this product gives me a beautiful matte finish with a healthy glow. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup nor does it feel like it and I do feel like it improves the texture of my skin even after I remove it. You can add an extra layer on top hours later if you feel the need to but I find that this product has a remarkable lasting power on my skin. On top of all this it does not make me break out and EVERYTHING makes my skin break out. I am so impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone ^.^

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product.. But i hated it.. It made my dry patches drier even after i applied moisturizer!! and the pigmentation is awful.. it's too orange for me.... :/ It's very cheap though.. and if you have oily and not too pale skin (like mine) this will probably work... (:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This was the only shade in my drug store and it looked fine on my hand but too light on my face. I'm a Natural - Warm Natural in Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (Sorry don't use MAC...). This gave me a WHITE face. This is definitely for fairer people.

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and it made me break out a bit at the end of the day. Would not recommend it for people with my skin type.

However, texture wise, I think it makes for a good base. Coverage is limited but this and concealer should be ok.

For those without sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin who are fair, have minimal blemishes and don't need full coverage makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a very nice BB cream. With primer and some powder it lasts the whole day for me without a change in color or any other not so nice side effects (like making me break out).

I especially like that it helps to keep the skin matte. It doesn't cover everything everything, but it tones down the redness from various zits and it helps to even out skin color where you need it. That it also doesn't cost much just makes it more appealing. I definitely recommend it.