August 30, 2014 | 1924 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the idea of this blush and the texture is pretty cool, but the color payoff is not very good at all. I literally have to swirl my blush brush in this this for like 5 mins just for the color to show up on the bristles, and the bristles are white. Kinda disappointing bc like I said I like the idea of it but there are way better DS blushes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by rinstar311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally purchased this blush in Candy Coral. I LOVE this blush. I know everyone seems to be having different experiences with this product but here is mine:
I apply this with my fingers. I do find that I need about 3-4 layers of product to get a good color in my cheeks (I like a bright blush). Don't be afraid to press hard on the bouncy surface to pick up more color!
This blends beautifully and I have worn it for about 7 hours without needing a touch-up. I have also worn it through a 2 hour dance class and it was still there afterwards! My blush usually does not last through a dance class.

I have since purchased the other 9 shades of this blush. I haven't received them, but am really looking forward to them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very poor color pay-off. Such a struggle to get it to be seen! I hated tugging on my face that much. While the texture is definitely interesting, it doesn't work well at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Hot Tamale, and I have medium-dark skin with yellow undertones.

HOW I APPLY: Two fingers, give it a swirl, then blend with circular motions unto my cheekbones. Top it with my usual powder blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in "Blissful")
FINISH/APPEARANCE: Bright pink/red that blends more sheer. Blending is very easy, and it wears nicely underneath my powder blush. I get a "just been outside" kind of flush.
WEAR THROUGHOUT THE DAY: This is the dealbreaker for me, this fades within maybe 2 hours, and I feel like it took my Tarte blush with it (which usually has fantastic staying power on its own). I had no blush on by lunchtime.

I guess due to the hype I was expecting an HG product, which this is not. The texture is as unique as everyone has said, but I think the gimmick is what carries this so far. For the price ($8-9), I don't think it's worth it in the least. I think the mousse blushes were better because they still had a cream consistency that actually stayed on, whereas these just seem to fall right off when they become powder. I will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes are cream blushes with a gel formula. They're meant to feel "light like a powder, yet melt into the skin like a cream". This product comes in 10 different colors. Maybelline products are tested on animals. This blush was made in Korea. This line of blushes is dermatologist and allergist tested, and is non-comedogenic. I purchased my Bouncy Blush at Ulta for $7.99 for 5.9 or .19oz of product.
Packaging for the Dream Bouncy Blushes is too plain. For a product with a cute, playful name, I think Maybelline could've done better than a tan pan with clear lid. The logo is cute, but once again, Maybelline could've done better than just white. Why not aqua or yellow, they would've stood out more against the pink blushes. I mean, even my mum thinks this is a packaging failure.
Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes have a unique texture, but I don't think "bouncy" is the write word to describe it. If they were actually bouncy, they'd spring back after you touched them, instead of just moving around. I think "squishy" would be a better descriptor, but "Dream Squishy Blushes" doesn't really have a ring to it. The texture of these blushes is soft and malleable, and really really fun to play with.
Bouncy Blushes are meant to be applied and blended with your fingers. I use two fingers to pat the top of the product, and three fingers to blend it across the cheeks, in sweeping, semi-circular motions. The soft texture of these blushes makes them really easy to blend. Of course you can use a brush to apply these, if its dense enough and made of firm, synthetic fibers, but I prefer the results when blended with fingers.
The coverage of this blush is really sheer, but buildable. It annoys me when people complain about them being sheer because they're supposed to be that way. Maybelline's website says so. How about doing some research before buying a product, or complaining about it? These blushes can be built up to have more color, worn sheerly for just a bit of dewy color, or layered under powder blushes. I like how Candy Coral looks with ELF's Natural Radiance Blush in Glow dusted over it. See swatches here.
Candy Coral is a pretty coral that leans mostly pink with just hints of orange. It dries down to a satiny, dewy finish that gives you the look of a natural, glowing flush. It's a pretty effect. Candy Coral isn't the most flattering color for me, cause its a bit too warm. It might look better on me in spring and summer.
The wear time for Dream Bouncy Blushes is poor. I only get about two to three hours of wear before Candy Coral fades away to almost nothing. It doesn't even get me through my short work days. I'd like to get at least six hours of wear from these, which you could probably get via layering, but on its own, Bouncy Blushes just can't stay put.
To be honest, I kinda agree with everyone who says that Maybelline's Bouncy Blushes are gimmicky, novelty products. Now that I've reviewed it, once I get tired of squishing it around in the pan, I probably won't wear Candy Coral very often.
The texture is fun and interesting, but that doesn't make up for the wear time failure. I can't complain about lack of pigmentation, because that's how this product is meant to function. I find the price tag a little bit too high for the amount of product you get. I'd like to see this more in the area of $5-6, instead of $8. I'd suggest getting these on sale if you really want them.
If Maybelline tweaked the formulation slightly, these would be a much better product. I won't be repurchasing this shade, nor trying any other. I only recommend Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes if you're really curious about the texture, if you like layering blushes, or if you want a super subtle, natural, glowy blush without much color pay off.

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by soulsupermodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

After I read some of these reviews, I was kinda hesitant about going out to buy this blush, but I decided during a BOGO that I'd give it a try anyway. I bought Pink Plum and Candy Coral, and while I haven't used the Candy Coral yet, I tried the Pink Plum right away. My skin is definitely pale (I'm guessing NC 15ish), so anything is pretty much fair game.

I applied it with my fingers over my freshly applied Revlon PhotoReady Mousse foundation, and it blended right in as a soft flush of pink. It was definitely a faint color, and I layered over it once or twice more to get a little more pigment..the final look was still faint, but happy and rosy and decent enough.

It wasn't until a few hours later when I was in natural light, talking on my webcam actually, that I realized that the color had generally stayed put (sheer as it is) and was giving my cheeks this suuuper pretty, natural glow. My boyfriend had noticed over the webcam too, as well as in real life, and complimented on the healthy look of my face. This was really cool to me, because with my drier/normal skin, most cream/liquid-y highlighters seem to give that effect for only a short couple of hours before I guess they seep into my skin..but for whatever reason, this blush leaves a beautiful, natural light on your cheeks, and after several days of wear, I can say with confidence that (for my skin) this glow lasts pretty much the whole school day.

There are a few pigmentation issues - I went back for Rose Petal, and it is by far a harder-to-detect color that I don't prefer to Pink Plum. I've also tried Hot Tamale as of today, and it is more pigmented (as you could probably imagine given its BRIGHT RED color) but still sheer and totally doable for paler girls. It's bright and happy and gives the same glow that Pink Plum gave me. I put it on at 10:30 and at 5:30, it was still there in its pretty, glowing entirety.

If you like a sheer color on your cheeks that is VISIBLE, but still natural and subtle, or if you like a luminous effect to your blush, I'd definitely recommend this to you :) It's my new favorite simply because of it's bright, natural, totally spring-y qualities.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Rubiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product: The color I got was the bright peachy/orange one. It's super sheer on both light [my friend] and light-olive [me] skin. I have to do several layers to get it to show up and it isn't long lasting.

I've used brushes, sponges, and fingers. Sponges seem to work the best only if you really really dig in.

Price: It's too expensive for the size/amount you get. I would rather spend $7 more and get a MAC blush, which has better quantity/quality for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

So I finally got my hands on a couple of these to try out...I was very curious since there's a lot of hype around these blushes. I must say, the shades available are very pretty and I was hoping to be able to get the same colors on my cheeks when applied. The two shades I tried are Hot Tamale and Peach Satin. Of the two, Hot Tamale is my favorite because it's the more pigmented and colorful of the two. Hot Tamale is a deep reddish-coral shade and Peach Satin is a soft pink on me. At first swipe, these blushes may not seem very pigmented but you kind of have to rub your finger all along the blush and tap it on your cheek to get good color payoff. I find it works best when I use my finger to apply it. As for the texture of the blush, it has a somewhat spongey feel to me, like a very soft play-doh, as others have mentioned. I think it's more of a novelty item than a more practical blush that you'll use every day. Although I'm curious to try more of these out, I find it rather overpriced for the small amount of product you get. All in all, not a bad product if you want to try something other than a powder blush and like the shades available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

interesting texture but no pigmentation, broke me out, and doesnt last. more of a novely item

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBabieeXo

I love this blush. This is my first time trying a blush from the Dream collection. I saw an ad for the new Dream Bouncy Blush & I figured I would try it out. I don't normally buy or wear blush, since I prefer bronzer. But I figured just this once, I would try it out. I got the blush in 05 Fresh Pink. It's quite small & I paid $7.59. When I first dabbed at it with my finger, the blush actually does bounce! My only complaint is that you have to put on a lot if you want the color to show. I had to swirl my finger around so many times to see just a little pink color. Other than that, I adore this blush & I would go back & get more colors.