July 29, 2014 | 2034 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Rubiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product: The color I got was the bright peachy/orange one. It's super sheer on both light [my friend] and light-olive [me] skin. I have to do several layers to get it to show up and it isn't long lasting.

I've used brushes, sponges, and fingers. Sponges seem to work the best only if you really really dig in.

Price: It's too expensive for the size/amount you get. I would rather spend $7 more and get a MAC blush, which has better quantity/quality for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

So I finally got my hands on a couple of these to try out...I was very curious since there's a lot of hype around these blushes. I must say, the shades available are very pretty and I was hoping to be able to get the same colors on my cheeks when applied. The two shades I tried are Hot Tamale and Peach Satin. Of the two, Hot Tamale is my favorite because it's the more pigmented and colorful of the two. Hot Tamale is a deep reddish-coral shade and Peach Satin is a soft pink on me. At first swipe, these blushes may not seem very pigmented but you kind of have to rub your finger all along the blush and tap it on your cheek to get good color payoff. I find it works best when I use my finger to apply it. As for the texture of the blush, it has a somewhat spongey feel to me, like a very soft play-doh, as others have mentioned. I think it's more of a novelty item than a more practical blush that you'll use every day. Although I'm curious to try more of these out, I find it rather overpriced for the small amount of product you get. All in all, not a bad product if you want to try something other than a powder blush and like the shades available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

interesting texture but no pigmentation, broke me out, and doesnt last. more of a novely item

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBabieeXo

I love this blush. This is my first time trying a blush from the Dream collection. I saw an ad for the new Dream Bouncy Blush & I figured I would try it out. I don't normally buy or wear blush, since I prefer bronzer. But I figured just this once, I would try it out. I got the blush in 05 Fresh Pink. It's quite small & I paid $7.59. When I first dabbed at it with my finger, the blush actually does bounce! My only complaint is that you have to put on a lot if you want the color to show. I had to swirl my finger around so many times to see just a little pink color. Other than that, I adore this blush & I would go back & get more colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First I'll start by stating I really like a sheer, delicate, and natural looking blush -- but this was not so sheer it didn't show up, at least for me. I think this product must vary a lot based on which shade you buy, because I noticed that other reviews who also purchased the "Candy Coral" shade, like I did, don't say that it's too sheer or has no color... but some with other colors do say so. I didn't swatch the other shades, but, I chose "NO" on repurchase because I suspect that the color payoff is not consistent throughout the product. I'm happy with this sweet, pretty coral peach shade. It's a very smooth and dolly look for me, goes nicely with my coloring, and is not glittery or shimmery. I prefer my blush to have less glitter, and so this shade is nicer than the Peach Satin mousse blush I have from the same brand. More natural.

Texture is very odd. It's a "gel powder" blush if I remember right. In any case, it's not feeling like a cream nor a powder nor a gel. It's a very in-between sort of dry gel feel. My complaint is that once on the face it does not, for me, spread so easily, but I otherwise found it easy to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Dentaldamvag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

way too sheer, but that will guarantee that you finish it if you dont think it completely sucks as a blush. the ingredients are crap but the colors are nice.. too bad the color pay off isnt as good.
this is good for anyone who wants a natural sheer coverage look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a total waste of money.
I am NC10 - white as a ghost complected. I got the color rose petal, which looks like a beautiful peachy pink in the pot.
I layered it on 3 times and it barely showed up. Had to layer it about 5 times to get some color.
I got a little 'glow' from it but within 2-3 hours it was gone from my skin. Tiny sparkles were left behind. I have dry skin and never have this problem with blushes. Even cream blushes stay all day on me.
Maybelline is so hit and miss, I never know what to expect.
I would not recommend these to anyone!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by springbreez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush!! After I saw it in one of Macbarbie07's videos I had to get it and it seemed like I was waiting forever but I finally found it today!! I have Hot tamale which is perfect for my NC30 Complexion! It gives me the perfect flush and to be honest, I am secretly obsessed with touching it!! Hot tamale is similar to Stila's Convertible Color in Petunia which I have been looking for a dupe for but I prefer this blush which is way cheaper too!! LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

It seemed like forever I was waiting for these to arrive at my local Walmart!! When i finally saw them on display (unexpectedly) I was ecstatic. I cheated and read the reviews before going down so i knew that the lighter colors would be pretty sheer. I got 2: Pink Plum and Hot Tamale (one light and one bright). Pink plum is a gorgeous cooler pink color. It's virtually undetectable on my skin... unless I pretty much pile it on. I could probably use this as a highlight color so it's not too bad. Hot Tamale was the complete opposite. It's EXTREMELY pigmented and quite daunting when I applied it to my cheeks (even with a light hand). I had to use a brush to buff/defuse the intense color. It's a bright red (kinda fuschia) color that i find doesn't go too well with my complexion (MAC NC 20-25) The texture of these blushes are like no other. They are kinda spongy/squishy feeling. Very soft, smooth and silky to apply. I am glad I bought these cuz i don't have anything like these blushes in my collection, but I won't repurchase. The color pay off for the lighter colors (which compliment my skin a lot more) are non existent, and the darker/brighter colors do not work well with my skin. Too bad... I was really hoping to love these blushes :(

***UPDATE*** Unlike most reviewers, I find that this applies better with a brush. It blends better and deposits great pigmentation!! Doesn't last super long on the skin tho. Maybe a few hours...that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Hawksgirl

I bought this in Orchid Hush and Pink Plum (it was buy one get one 50% off). I love the concept, however the blush was not what I expected. I love the Dream Mousse blushes, but these are not my favorite. I tried to apply it with my fingers and a brush. It is not pigmented at all. This is to be noted: the store I purchased this at had the Dream Mousse blushes on clearance, I hope it is not being discontinued!