April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Bad to the Bronze / on and on bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lls4f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shade of the best drugstore cream eyeshadow available. The color is a beautiful shimmery cool bronze that dries to look just like a powder. It can provide a very nice wash of color on its own, or can be easily layered with other colors. My personal favorite is to use UDPP, then this, then put Urban Decay's Smog from the original Naked palette on top. Lovely color, great price, and sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

very creamy, and blends well. i like that it dries to a powdery finish. not as dark as i though it would be, but its buildable. not amazing staying power, but its great for days when i dont have a lot of time for makeup. if you dont like shimmer, dont get this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I think that this is the only one in the bunch that is wearable for me. TAT made me look bruised. I really like this cream shadow but it's not as nice as the MUFE aqua creams. These color tattoos don't become part of the skin like the aqua creams do. But for a drugstore cream shadow, this is amazing. And the color of this one is really pretty and looks great on blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by grits75

I have super oily lids and so far no primer has worked to completely keep my eye shadows from creasing until this product came to town. Paint Pots make my eyes water and eventually crease my shadows. UDPP hasn't been that much helpful either. I'm amazed at how great this product is and easy to blend and wear with my other eye shadows. Now, if they would just make something matte like a painterly paint pot, they would truly be the bomb diggity!! ☺

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a cheap e/s and I am glad since it did not work for me I found application messy with both brushes and my fingers. It had too much glitter and too much silver sheen. You would think a product called bronze would be warmer but this was not the case on my NC 44 skintone. It was a very icy cool tone shade. It probably looks better on fairer skin.

There are pricier dept store brands like MAC that are much better, I will stick with those.
I will either toss this or give it away to someone else. It was a waste of money and I will not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-no creasing on my oily lids after 8hrs (haven't gone longer yet)
-sheer wash that can be layered beautifully with Naked palette
-cheap
-creamy then doesn't budge

Cons:
-available colours are too bold; wish there were more neutral shades
-wish it was buildable

I initially bought Tough as Taupe thinking it was a cheaper dupe for MAC Painterly but Tough is more putty than taupe. I gave it another try by buying Bronze and I love it. I do love this sheer wash. If I wanted bolder colours, I layer on shades from my Naked palette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Beautyqueen503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is amazing, it gives the most unique bronzed/metallic color and it wears for a long time. Perfect for that sunkissed eye look in just seconds! I'm not sure about the 24hr stay because I don't wear my makeup for that extra-long period of time but it definetly stays all day. I must say it does fade a tiny bit but nothing too dramatic you can definetly see the color all day. I also use powder eyeshadows over it and it makes them look great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Unfortunately, for me happens the same phenomenon like with the YSL cream shadows and the powder-cream-hybrids from Armani - after only 3 hours, the eyeshadow starts to feel slick and greasy, and retreats to the crease. At the end of the day, after having that uncomfortable greasy feeling all the time on my eyelids, the color really was almost completely gone and stuck in the crease. Till now, that never happened to me with the creamies from Benefit and Bobbi Brown. Strange but true. Will bring it back to the drugstore. What a pity, I had high hopes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by BuffaloHockeyGirl

I really love these tattoos by eyestudio, but I'm not sure this color is very flattering on me. I love brown smokey eyes and neutral colors but this has a grey undertone I'm not thrilled with.
That said, I do still love this stuff and I will continue to use it. If I pop a rosy color over it, it's beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was ecstatic to finally find this at Walgreens after hearing all the hype about the Color Tatoos. So once I got home, I put this on my eyes with my fingers and it came off as silver. So then I appled it with a brush, it still came out silvery. Not bronze at all. I had high hopes for this shadow, but it looks like I'll be sticking with department store shadows.