October 31, 2014 | 1406 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this lip butter in Lollipop, a rich and bright purple. It is one of the first product for the lips that is not a gloss that I purchase. I would have prefered to get this in Cherry Tart, but the tester was gone and I could not afford to buy a color I would not love.
I find this lipstick quite expensive for the quantity you get, but the color payoff is awesome! Lollipop is bright, yes, but quite wearable. Of course, you have to tone down your eye makeup when you wear it, or you will look like a clown.
The packaging is quite cute, but I am afraid to break the plastic cap when trying to open the tube.
I have to say that this product tends to settle in the crease and small lines of your lips, so you really have to exfoliate or apply a rich lip balm before using it.
When applying the lipstick, it goes on smoothly, but after only an hour I noticed that my lips were dry, but not uncomfortable though. The color never failed for me, even when the smoothness of the first application was gone.
I would not buy this product because of the price, unless it goes on a big sale, and also because there weren't so many shades that I reallly loved.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by anaisadorkie

I don't know about this product... i bought this in peach parfait and it is a shimmery peach. Moisturizing is okay but i feel like these lip butters slide all over the place.
Packaging is kind of hard to open and being that these lip butters are so oil-based, lipstck gets built up at the top edge of the tube.

I would not buy thus product again because these lip- butters feel so gross on the lips... they are too oily !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 3 colors, Red Velvet, Cherry Red and Sweettart - of which I am on my second tube. The payoff is good, they wear pretty well, and the colors are striking. Be careful not to let them get too warm, or you may have a fail with the stick like I did this summer. My favorite part is that they are a great multi-tasker, since I use them as a creme blush also. Try it! They spread nicely, and stay on. My favorite for this is the Cherry Red, but they all work.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love these. I have one in "pink truffle" and it's unscented, pigmented, and moisturising. I am probably going to get "candy apple" next. The staying power isn't great but it is easy to reapply during the day. Those who find the product too oily probably do not have dry lips as I do. My only problem with the Lip Butters is that the lipstick bullets are too big and since the product is very pigmented and creamy, it can look like messy lipstick. I would prefer a slimmer tube so that application is more precise. The best way for me to use this product is with a lip brush.... Minus one lippie for the thick tube design.

Edit: I just bought "candy apple". It's a bright warm red (tomato red) that's very pigmented and buildable. It leaves a bit of a stain after it wears off. I realise that in the USA the lip butters sell for $7-8, but these are $20-25 in Australia. I bought them full-priced and like them so much, I am considering buying another one. I'm probably going to get "fig jam". For reference I have a light olive complexion (NC20-30) and purplish pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

I got this product in 'peach parfait' and the color is very nice and it is moisturizing as well. it's a little more subtle than I expected it to be though. I just wish that it would last longer and that it was more pigmented so I don't have to run it over my lips so many times to see some color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

I really enjoy this lip product. Pigmented. Glides on very smooth. Relatively moisturising. You do need to reapply every few hours. You don't need gloss as the finish does leave a shine to it.
I would definitely repurchase..but only if it was on sale. I live in Australia and it costs about $21-$22 RRP. However I got it for a 2 for 1 sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnamorollovable

So, I'm hoping to collect all of these. I have 9 at the moment, I added a picture w/ 8 swatches because I haven't photographed Sweet Tart yet. I love them, but I don't think they are moisturizing at all, and I only buy them when they are on sale (and I'm in the US.) However, the color range, packaging, and sheer lipbalm/lipstick hybrid gimmick has me raving about these... if you are looking to try them out, I recommend Berry Smoothie and Tutti Frutti.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by kateeexoxo84

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying i got this on sale. The full price of this is six dollars i believe and i dont think this product is worth that, although i do like it. I have it in the shade, strawberry shortcake. Its a beautiful baby pink and has a frosty finish. It isn't EXTREMELY pigmented, but it is very nice. It goes on smooth and it's a very creamy formula. I like this a lot and you dont really need a lip gloss with it because of the finish! I wouldn't purchase this again only because of the price, I think if it was only three or four dollars then i might, but I think six is too expensive for what this is.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by M1RACLE

I got Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy on sale recently. I always use lip balm underneath all lip products because I make sure to have SPF on my lips regardless of whether or not the lip product I'm about to use has it.

I like that they're a 'hybrid' between a lipstick and a lipgloss. Lipsticks never apply well on my lips even on top of lip balm (like my Revlon lipstick Pink in the Afternoon) but this goes on beautifully. I got it on sale so the price alone makes me really like the product because it goes on well.

As far as pigmentation goes, Cotton Candy barely shows up on me. It looks like a semi-matte lip balm. On days where my lips look less pigmented, the lavender/lilac tones show up more otherwise it's just nothing on my lips. Strawberry Shortcake looks fab on my lips. A medium pink on my lips. I've seen many swatches and it looks super bright pink but since my lips are pigmented it looks like a muted pink which I love for every day.

One major gripe is how hard it is to open the packaging! The packaging is cute and playful but my gosh it's so hard to open. I have to wiggle it loose before I pull off the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

edit 9/13/13: while i still like this product, i find that it doesn't last long and it gets annoying to reapply so often! it also feels very sticky and unpleasant during the summer!

i absolutely love this lipstick; it is sheer and natural looking and very smooth feeling when you apply it on! my problem with some lipsticks in the past has been the very dry feeling i get after i apply, but this one feels nice and smooth and well, like butter! it's a great color as well, because its just red enough that it makes my lips look colored but its so sheer it looks very natural and pretty. it does have a little bit of a glossy, shiny finish, not matte, but i like the effect because it's not super sticky shiny like lipgloss can be.
my sister and i have fallen in love very quickly, and we've each bought three different colors and i know i want more shades! we both have cherry tart, which is a really nice red that's not extremely red or daring, and i have tutti frutti, which is orange but on my lips looks like a very nice coral color, and red velvet, which is a darker red that creates a berry-stained kind of look! i love them so much, and since they're relatively cheap and i don't like splurging on makeup, this is a really nice choice!