Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/23/2013 1:11:00 PM

Meh. Really wet. Totally drooped my curl. Clumped lashes together. Left blobs at the tips. Not that black. This is crap even compared to other DS mascaras (CG clump crusher, Maybelline Full n Soft, L'Oreal Carbon, Prestige, NYX).

on 3/19/2013 5:59:00 PM

Girls this is a great mascara! Buy it and don't think about shopping around for a good mascara!! Only like $2 at Walgreens and its the bomb.com!

on 3/16/2013 1:04:00 PM

This mascara is lengthening and somewhat volumizing, but overall, it clumps VERY easily. It's got some pretty amazing lengthening power at the cost of major, obvious clumping on your eyelashes. It's great for a dramatic look, I suppose, but I threw mine out and didn't finish it. I tried to love it but it just didn't work for me. I probably won't repurchase. :(

on 3/15/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm dissapointed. I have multiple other mascaras in this price range, and this really didn't strike me as anything special. I had high hopes for this mascara, but it's just okay. I've tried this with a lash primer (Dior) and without, and I actually prefer it without. First of all, this flakes. I usually don't have a problem with mascaras flaking, but this had little black flecks all over my face in a few hours. It also made my eyes a bit weepy and irritated. As for lash results, my lashes aren't particularly hard to work with, so they still looked rather nice. Just nothing impressive like I was hoping. The formula is a rich black and it definately does add volume, but it took some work as it clumped up a bit. I'd say pass on this and try the other great mascaras in this price range.

on 3/15/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mascara gives great volume, separation, a surprising amount of length and its a nice black color. It was really wet when I first used it but after leaving the tube open for 24 hours, it dried out out just enough so the wetness was no longer a problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't hold a curl, which is something that's really important to me.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

After seeing so many people rave over this mascara I finally found it at Kmart and bought it! It is amazing compared to other more expensive mascara's, and I'm so glad I bought it. This mascara lengthens and volumizes lashes, leaving you with doll-like eyelashes. The only bad thing I have found with this mascara is the packaging. It has little room to remove excess mascara off the wand. Definitely my new HG mascara, and you won't regret purchasing it! It's also the cheapest mascara I've EVER purchased!
Update 11-21-13: I stopped using this for months for no reason and rediscovered it in my cabinet. Today I used it again and fell in love all over again! It makes my lashes look so full and longer, like I have fake lashes. Really recommend it!

on 3/4/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I cannot believe how inexpensive this mascara is and how amazing it works. I don't have to wear an eyelash primer with this mascara and it makes my lashes SUPER long. My only con is that if you are putting multiple coats -- it's gets a little clumpy -- you'll need to use a spoolie.
UPDATE: This mascara can be a little clumpy at first. So I just swipe the wand on the back of my hand to remove any excess then apply. Perfection! And it gets drier as it nears the end of its tube life so you won't have any excess to swipe.

This is the ONLY mascara I can use all by itself and achieve the results I'm looking for. It lengthens, separates, gives volume and is amazingly black! The way I use it is to first do two coats along the front, wait a few seconds for it to dry, and then I run the wand along the back of my lashes so the tips are coated. My tips are so light and thin that you can barely see them and this technique makes my lashes so lush and thick, in love!

I get similar results when using other combinations, for example:
L'oreal Telescopic + Clinique High Impact Curling
CoverGirl Clump Crusher + Sephora Atomic Volume
Rimmel Extra Super Lash + Maybelline Star Stylist (discontinued, but I kept the brush and use it in other tubes)

They say using multiple mascara's works better than just using one but that rule definitely doesn't apply to Jordana's Best Lash Extreme Volumizing, I even picked up all the remaining ones at walgreens so I wouldn't run out any time soon (and I am not the type to have stashes, I'm always on the look-out for something 'better')!

on 3/1/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I've waited so long to try this. I admit it. I've been a mascara snob. Several tubes of dior, lancome, guerlain, tarte, buxom... i have a few drug store brands, but they never seem to work for me. I thought at $2.99. No way can this be good. BUT IT IS SO BLACK. AND GOES ON LIKE BUTTER. AND it stayed on all day at work chasing around 5 and 6 year olds with no raccoon eyes. Packaging is not the prettiest, but for the price you can't expect Dior packaging. Love the product anyway. Will definitely purchase again.

False lashes in a tube. It's a drugstore product so it should be easy to get but honestly I have to snatch up the remaining 2 or 3 in the case because it's only there once every few months! No flaking, no clumping, adds volume AND length. The raves about Dior Show especially considering it's price, seem so silly. I found it's application brush comically large, it's formula too wet and it added zero volume. Jordana surprisingly has some really great products. I am a bit of a makeup snob in general, assuming price equals quality but as I research ingredients I'm learning that I couldn't have been more wrong. This mascara at 2.99 USD is a STEAL and Makeup Geeks eyeshadows at $6 USD have taught me a lesson :) (Still all about UDPP though) Have a beautiful day!