July 23, 2014 | 2104 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by jackieginarea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a total mascara junkie and have used EVERY mascara on the planent in my 30 plus years of wearing mascara.. This includes all the high end brands such as Lancome, Dior and Channel. Also includes all the drugstore brands like Cover Girl, Loreal and all of the middle-of-the road mascaras too like Benefit, Urban Decay and Smashbox. Also, I have tried Jordana ONLY because of the great reviews. MY GOD - this mascara is FANTASTIC! Right now, I have Urban Decay Big Fatty, Diorshowand Make up Forver Smoky Lash that I switch back and forth every day. Guess which one I have used all week? Yep, Jordana!!!! This puts the $30 mascaras to shame and shuts them down. THIS MASCARA IS AMAZING!!!!!! Here is the thing though, yes, it CAN most definately clump, but you have to know what you are doing to avoid the clumps. If you put it on right, they will not clump. If you wiggle back and forth and put your layers on slowly, you will be amazed. This makes your lashes long and thick and ink black. It is very dramatic, I think similar to Lancome Hypnose. Diorshow is not as thick as this. Diorshow makes them long, but not thick. Jordana is both. I urge you to invest ($3.00!!!!!) in this stuff. You will be dumfounded that it works like a dream and it is practically free. I could literally buy TEN tubes for the one I paid for. Crazy. Hard to believe something this cheap could blow all the heavyweights out of the water, but it does, it really does.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Initially when I wrote a review for this product I didn't like this. I tried it again and I am in loveeee. I think I was just having a bad eyelash day the first time I tried it (sometimes I have those day when my lashes just don't want to cooperate!) because every time since then that I have tried it I've liked it. It coats my eyelashes perfectly and makes them dramatic, curly and dark. It gives the dramatic look of lets say 2 coats of Loreal Voluminous with only one swipe and it's not clumpy either. Doesn't give me flakes throughout the day. I highly recommend this product for those who like their lashes to be intense. For people who like to switch between a natural look and a dramatic look with one mascara, skip this. You get "pow in your face" and nothing less. So i use this for days I want to look extra made up. Love it ..awesome price too!! The only problem I found was the part that pulls excess product off the mascara wand keeps coming off the tube, which is a pain to try to push it back on without making a mess. It is not really fair to harp on them about their packaging since the product is so cheap, but since that is a really annoying factor I did lower the rating a little. Other than that this product is perfection in my "eyes" ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this on the recommendation of a Youtuber who loved it and I have been using it for about a month. So far, I am happy with it. I normally like black/brown in mascara and this is black, but it is not a harsh black on me, as some can look. I like the not too wet/not too dry formula and that I can get a coat on pretty quickly. I like the brush being smaller as and it's very easy to get to all lashes as well as my lower ones. No more BIG brushes for me, I like this one a lot! I find that building it can be just a tad tricky as it can get a little clumpy, but using a lash brush can help with that. The performance for the price cannot be beat in my mind, and I plan on getting some backups on this, as I can so far only find it in K-mart in my area, although I have heard that Walgreens carries it. Give it try, I think you will like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Henna123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara reminds me of Lancome mascaras except that its 90% cheaper!!! This is the BOMB.COM! Darkens, volumizes, lenghtens! I love it! bought from Walgreens for $3 with tax!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy Crap! for 2$ this mascara is better than any mascara ive used! I work 12hrs a day and yes by the end of the day there is some smudged under my eyes. BUT 2$!!! Im not buying any other masacra anymore. I have little pale eyelashes and this makes them long and dark. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is way cheap, so I had to try it, given the reviews here. On one hand, it applies pretty evenly, and it lengthens lashes quickly. It doesn't smudge, flake, or smear around my eyes during the day. The packaging is cute, pink and black, and the brush is thin and compact.

But this mascara is too hard to remove. I use eye makeup remover and Cetaphil afterward, and I still have to clean up around my eyes a few times to remove black residue. Also, it seems the formula dries pretty quickly during application, and it's fibrous. This can result in my lashes getting gunked with black, sticky, uneven fibers if I try to apply multiple coats. I can only apply a couple quick coats before I have to stop. I prefer mascaras that can build up and that go on creamy.

I'll finish this tube, and I can't complain too much, given the price, but I think I like Cover Girl Super Thick Lash better because of its creamier and more workable texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the best mascara. I have been using it for 2 years, when I saw my roommate's eyelashes I was amazed because they were so long, thick, and full. I asked her what she used and she showed me this. Not only is it dirt cheap, but it's really great. It is very long lasting, holds my curl, separates lashes beautifully and does everything you could hope for in a mascara. I use this much more than my MAC mascara's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The BEST mascara EVER!!!! This is absolutely the best mascara I have ever used. I cannot believe what it does to my lashes. Also I don't have to use as many coats as I do with other mascaras. It makes my lashes long and full in practically one sweep!! And the price, 2.99!!! I cant believe it. I usually use two mascaras. Before it was Lash Blast first and then the Falsies. I loved the look I got from that combo. Well let me tell you, I haven't used anything else since getting this. Ive tried everything from high end to low end. This is my holy grail!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this last week, and I have figured out how to make it work for me. It is wetter than I really like, so the brush, which is short bristled, picks up too much mascara and it gives me spider lashes, but they are long!

what I did is to take the brush from my used up Clinique High Impact mascara, wash it off well, and then use it with this mascara. A.Maze.Balls. long thick lashses with no clumping or spidering.... Plus, the clinique brush fits exactly into the top of the tube so you can just screw in on in place of the one it comes with.

I didn't give it a 5 rating because it is so utterly non-water-resistant. Water alone is almost enough to remove it - if you get caught in the rain... it won't be pretty. It's more non-water-resistant than any other I think I've ever used. That would be the only drawback to it. Otherwise, unless they change the formula for the worse, this will be in my rotation of mascaras for a long time to come!

UPDATE: 11-26-12. I'm taking this down one notch because it dries up awfully fast. While it's new-ish, it's awesome, but it dried to the point of stickiness and hard-to-apply-ness awfully fast. Given how cheap it is, I will try it again and see if this is just a fluke, but if it does it again, I will probably pass on it, and go back to my standby clinique high impact.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been through a LOT of mascaras trying to find my HG, so I turned to MUA reviews for a new recommendation and ended up buying this. Unfortunately, it didn't do the job for me and I won't be buying this again.

In saying that, there are a few good pluses about this mascara - it lasts all day and doesn't stray down to the creases under my eyes. It even held up after a gym workout! The black colour is a good, decent black and the formula isn't too watery.

It probably ended up being the brush design but I just found I couldn't get the right volume and thickness I want, and it was hard to get to the smaller lashes. There are definitely worse mascaras out there, but there are also better ones, too.