Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 2/3/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's strange, when I first started using this product it did wonders for my combination light acne prone skin. I would use this twice a day (morning and night) in conjunction with the same moisturizer. It was great, but after purchasing this product for a while it started to make my skin tight and it really aggrivated the dry areas. I was sorely disappointed because I thought I had found my HG of facial cleansers.
But I suggest trying it. The cleanser is not as expensive as the moisturizer, it cleanses well, smells great and leaves behind no residue. The packaging is awesome and it travels well (I'm a college student so travel and versatility is important!).

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have oily-combo sensitive skin with mild rosacea and prone to breakouts in the T zone. I have been using this cleanser for almost a year and I'm really happy with it! It has salicylic acid (BHA) in it which is a recommended blemish fighter for people with sensitive or rosacea-prone skin (benzoyl peroxide is not recommmended) and the foaming action is really nice. Cleansers for acne prone skin are usually too harsh for sensitive skin so this is a good alternative.

on 1/10/2007 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't care for the smell of it, and I found it to be overly drying to my skin.

on 1/9/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to love this product. When I was 16 or 17 it was HG for me. It was the perfect soft foaming cleanser that takes away makeup and grime and leaves your face smooth. However I found it has this adaptive effect, where my face just got used to it and it wouldnt curb the breakouts. I stopped using it and switched to a different cleanser and the breakouts lessened. BHAs and Salicylic acid have that effect on my skin though, so perhaps this is a personal hit and miss situation.

on 1/3/2007 11:41:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser that I've ever tried! The scent smells very clean and natural, and it does a great job of getting my makeup off. My only complaint is that the pump on mine broke. The cleanser already comes out in a lather, and I always feel so refreshed after I use it.

I bought this to help with my acne, after hearing from a friend how excellent it is......unfortunatly, it doesn't do much. It's very gentle, and leaves my skin nice and soft, but it doesn't do anything about my acne. I like the bottle and the pump, but this was about 13.00 CAN, too expensive for me (I'm still in high school)....a nice product, but not what I had hoped for.

I'm always looking for products to improve my skin, and turned to Aveeno because of their "natural" products. I like this cleanser for a couple of reasons- it has a lovely scent, 2 pumps is enough for a good cleanse (so the bottle would last a good 6 months) and it seems to be non-drying. I don't think it really prevented breakouts, but it's a good cleanser to get that clean feeling before bed.

on 12/14/2006 4:09:00 PM

I love the Aveeno line because it is very gentle. The Clear complexion foaming cleanser was no exception. I loved the foam texture of the cleanser and the light smell that it had. It has a very low percentage of Salicylic acid, a major ingredient found in acne products, so it didn't irritate my skin. The reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 was because it didn't get rid of my acne but didn't contribute to any breakouts either. In other words, it's not a miracle worker, but I prefer it over my Shiseido pureness cleanser because it gives me the same results at half the cost.

on 12/14/2006 12:21:00 PM

This was an okay cleanser, but it did not noticeably improve my complexion or make it any clearer. I didn't think it was any better than other cleansers I've tried. However, I did like bottle and how the cleanser came out in a foam.

on 12/11/2006 1:25:00 PM

I hated this stuff. It completely dried out my skin, and did nothing to help prevent breakouts. I will definitely not repurchase.