October 22, 2014 | 1920 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just threw away a half bottle of this after giving it a good fighting chance for awhile. As an experiment, I used only this cleanser for three weeks straight (that's a week over the amount of time it take pimples to form). I'd had my suspicions about it before, but it was just my "extra" cleanser at my boyfriend's house (my standby is Cetaphil). Well, sure enough, I have weird small oozing pimples in places I normally never get them-- i.e. the middle of my cheeks. Though this cleanser was soft, foamy and fun to use, I'm afraid I had to bin it because I suspect the SUPER-strong fragrance caused major breakouts. I originally got it to clear up much more minor pimples than these! Back to Cetaphil again, which as usual should clear my skin in a few days, I hope.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by piggybank

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although the price was right and packaging fair...I would not buy this product again. Since I've been using this product I have been breaking out on the right side of my face and under my chin. (small pimples) My nose has also started peeling and is red. I don't know what to do about it now.
Like another member posted, I also, feel I might be allergic to the salycilic acid. But I'm not sure. I would not buy this product again. It is not for sensitive skin...even though Aveeno has been known as a "for sensitive skin" brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2006 3:37:00 AM More reviews by trumpetgirl4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst face washes I have tried; and I have tried a lot. I used this on my face for about a month, and, at first, it seemed as though it was helping my skin; my cystic acne started to disappear. However, after about a week, I noticed my skin started peeling. Then, I noticed an abundance of white heads. Nearly three weeks later, my skin looked like a red, flaky, mountain of horrible. I don't even know how to discribe it. I am not allergic to S.A. (my H.G. moisteriser has it in it), so I don't know what was in this product that caused my skin to flair up as badly as it did. Oh, and to emphasize how bad this product is: one day I ran out of hand soap, and decided to use this instead (since I wasn't putting this juck on my face anymore), and after two or three washes with this, I got this horrendous read pimple like bump on my hand. It took a week for it to go away. Needless to say, I threw the rest of it away. Such a waste of money. I will most likely NEVER purchase an Aveeno product (for my face at least) again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Sophiegirl

I have very oily, acne prone skin. I have been using this for about a month now and have not had 1 breakout. Didn't really help with the oil control, but I love this stuff. Leaves my skin feeling very fresh and like I said, not one breakout since I have been using it.

UPDATE: After about 3 months of using this stuff I started breaking out again. I switched. See new face wash review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Niomesn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this is actually an update....ONE MONTH LATER>>>>>>>>>>I really got tired of the whole wash morning and night routine.......its so energy consuming and i dont really need it....i have good skin......it was a good product....okay smell....cleared up farely well when i broke out due to that stupid cream.....but like ALL cleansers it always leaves a thin film behind which doesnt really clog pores (atleast not mine) but just the thought of something on my face is icky and all i really want is a clean sweep....so i have returned to using no product at all...only cleanse face in shower with my shower gel and wash cloth and im good to go.....i feel cleaner this way. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Aveeno products, but this foaming cleanser has too much scent in it, and it makes me sneeze. Does not irritate my skin, however. My other complaint is that the foamy dispenser gets stuck in the "down" position, and you have to force it back up again to get a second puff of foam. Or maybe I just happened to get a broken one, I'm not sure. Either way, I don't think I'll buy it again, because of the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

This is an excellent, excellent cleanser. At least for me. I know products work differently for people but this has been an amazing cleanser for me. I've been dealing with breakouts, sometimes bad, sometimes minor, since graduating college--I think they were probably hormonal since they were only along my jaw/chin. I've been using Tazorac for about 6 months and while it had helped a lot, I was still experiencing breakouts about 1x a week. Well I ran out of my old cleanser (Alpha Hydrox) and decided to try this. That was a month ago and since then I have not had one pimple. My skin looks smoother and is completely clear. I'm actually shocked because I didn't think a cleanser could really do much--it's only on your skin for 2 minutes! But I haven't changed anything else in my routine so I have to think it's this. It's light, has a refreshing fragrance, very easy to use and doesn't strip my skin of moisture. Usually when I finish one cleanser I'll try a new one, but not this time around. I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ThedaBara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination, and very very sensitive skin. I have run through the gammut of skin clearing products, and this has been the only one that is mild enough to use everyday, does not dry out my skin, and has kept it even-looking. I still get acne, but it's usually around that time of the month. I have been using the entire Aveeno line for about three years now, and am very happy with it. My only problems have been the pump, and the fact that it is in fact, so mild, that I have to use a make-up remover for my eye make up, and lipstick. Other than that I have always highly reccomended this product, and have actually gotten several people turned on to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Cycel

Well when I first purchased this product it seemed to do what it said it claimed to do. At first I noticed my skin would tingle, and it felt very clean. I thought that was a good thing...but then a couple monthes of using it..it just got worse. My face became very dry, and rough. It was to drying and harsh for my skin! And brought out the red marks on my cheeks hella worse!..SA even in 0.5% is to much for my skin. Never again will I get this, or even consider it.

Oh yeah it might help mild acne break outs, but it'll leave you with irritated--dry skin, that just ends up giving you a rash, flakey skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now. I think it's an above average cleanser that doesn't really dry out my skin. I use retin A so my skin gets pretty dry. My HG cleanser, J&J head to toe, is too big to travel with, so I bought this when I went on vacation. I think the salicylic % is too low for it to clear up anyone's skin by itself, but at least it's not drying. I've only been use it for a short time so I haven't experienced problems with the pump as some of the reviewers have mentioned. I would repurchase because of the reasonable price (I think $6 or $7 at walmart), but it's nothing special.