Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

I bought this to help with my acne, after hearing from a friend how excellent it is......unfortunatly, it doesn't do much. It's very gentle, and leaves my skin nice and soft, but it doesn't do anything about my acne. I like the bottle and the pump, but this was about 13.00 CAN, too expensive for me (I'm still in high school)....a nice product, but not what I had hoped for.

I'm always looking for products to improve my skin, and turned to Aveeno because of their "natural" products. I like this cleanser for a couple of reasons- it has a lovely scent, 2 pumps is enough for a good cleanse (so the bottle would last a good 6 months) and it seems to be non-drying. I don't think it really prevented breakouts, but it's a good cleanser to get that clean feeling before bed.

on 12/14/2006 4:09:00 PM

I love the Aveeno line because it is very gentle. The Clear complexion foaming cleanser was no exception. I loved the foam texture of the cleanser and the light smell that it had. It has a very low percentage of Salicylic acid, a major ingredient found in acne products, so it didn't irritate my skin. The reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 was because it didn't get rid of my acne but didn't contribute to any breakouts either. In other words, it's not a miracle worker, but I prefer it over my Shiseido pureness cleanser because it gives me the same results at half the cost.

on 12/14/2006 12:21:00 PM

This was an okay cleanser, but it did not noticeably improve my complexion or make it any clearer. I didn't think it was any better than other cleansers I've tried. However, I did like bottle and how the cleanser came out in a foam.

on 12/11/2006 1:25:00 PM

I hated this stuff. It completely dried out my skin, and did nothing to help prevent breakouts. I will definitely not repurchase.

on 11/11/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an overall great cleanser. It's very gentle & doesn't completely strip your face of it's natural oils. I use this cleanser morning and night and it removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and balanced. I will purchase again.

on 11/4/2006 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product, it's the best cleanser I've used so far, but it's not perfect so I took one lippie off. It smells nice, cleans perfectly (even my makeup), and it's not harsh (not like most acne cleansers) but I do need to moisturize after or I will feel a little tightness around my forehead. I don't know about the clear complexion, cause I just bought this 3 days ago, it sure didn't give me any pimples after so assume that it works. Just don't depend on it to do a miracle for your existing acne.

on 11/4/2006 1:53:00 AM

to start off with i have very very sensitive skin, i break out, and my skin can get dry in some places, i had high hopes for this product falling for the "clear complexion" name. i was very wrong indeed. this stripped my face burning it creating a nast film on the sides of my face. i used this for a bit until i could take it no longer and dumped it... i definitely wont repurchase.. i wont recommend this for people with extra sensitive skin

on 11/3/2006 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Whats with the awful reviews? Hubby and I are on our 3rd bottle. Hubby has oily and acne type skin, while I have normal to dry skin. This bottle is my everyday cleanser. Removes makeup easily and without tugging. I have noticed no new break outs on hubby or myself. The pump did "go funky" on one of our bottles, nothing major. We both enjoy that once you pump you get the foam.

I find this to be a very nice, gentle cleanser with a small amount of BHA in it. Not strong enough to do any real blemish fighting but it's still a very nice cleanser. I'd recommend it for combo/oily skin.