October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation. Way better than my Chanel Vitalumiere aqua. This foundation has sheer to medium coverage and the result is skin liked and light weight. I layer my skin with one and half pump of foundation, applied with a sponge and the result is dewy (not greasy and shinny), natural, long lasting and doesnt trigger any breakouts. The smell of this foundation is also divine, small like Chanel hydramax foundation. Love it.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Lesley136

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation - it makes my skin look natural and fell very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation after reading the reviews on MUA.

I absolutely adore it. I use a very small amount (one pump) to cover my entire face. I would say that the coverage is light to medium and it is buildable.

The last time I was colour matched at MAC I was NW20 but I think that may be a little light for me, or perhaps the undertone is just off because in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua i'm B20 which is perfect and the beige undertone is great at covering redness.

Anyway... in Bourjois healthy mix serum i chose 53 which is great for me while i still have a little summer colour left on my face, neck and decolletage. It has a neutral to beige tone to it which is great.

This foundation is easy to blend, covers redness and broken capillaries on my cheeks really well - I do add a little more to really red areas - cheeks, chin, nose.

The scent is strong-ish initially but after a few minutes I don't notice it anymore. I don't find it unpleasant.

Not cakey at all, even with a light dusting of powder in my T zone which i need.

I use Becca shimmering skin perfecter along my cheek bones and temple to add a little luminosity because I don't find this foundation dewy once it has dried down.

It drops one lippie because I don't think it meets its 16 hour claim. I find this foundation looks great for probably 5 hours on me before a little shine appears in my T zone but it's not an oil slick, more like a natural glow to my skin. By the end of an 8 hour work day, I definitely have quite a bit of T zone shine and my skin no longer looks polished.

As for the claims of improving skin - I don't know. I haven't used it for 4 weeks yet.

Good value for money for a lower end brand. $32 in Australia compared with $70 for my Chanel and very easy to get my hands on.

Can't think of any real cons and I think someone looking for a reasonably natural finish and even skin tone will like this foundation providing you match your colour well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product to the max! The color perfectly suits my skin in ALL kinds of lighting whether it is shade, fluorescent or direct it looks absolutely natural. I bought two different shades for the summer and for the winter because I tend to be lighter during winter. You only need half a dime size to cover the entire face, coverage is light to medium but is buildable. All foundation wether it is sheer or full coverage can have a full coverage when layered, every makeup is buildable. I think it is vital to put translucent powder over this foundation to make it last longer.
This is SUPA HG material right here guys!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation - definitely the best affordable foundation I've tried. It is very light and feels like nothing on the face, yet provides decent coverage and gives skin a very healthy, smooth appearance. I have it in shade 51 Light Vanilla (the lightest) and 52 Vanilla (next up). Strangely, these 2 colors perform differently.
Shade 52 looks dewy (a little; I set it with a light powder) and healthy and never smudges. In fact, it looks very similar to my Koh Gen Do Moisture foundation (but it's much cheaper)!
Shade 51 can look a bit dry on the skin, and after a few hours of wear, it can smudge. I'm not sure why these two shades perform differently.

Both shades match me (I'm between NC 15 and NC 20), but shade 51 is a tad too light and shade 52 is a tad too dark. In summer 52 will be perfect though. Shade 51 is very neutral and doesn't lean pink or yellow. Shade 52 leans a little yellow, which is perfect for me.

I just wish I could buy these in the U.S.! I have to wait to buy them when I go abroad, which is not frequent enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a good foundation, I have number 55, don't remember the name but it matches my skin. Its got a nice texture and smell. Goes on the face smoothly. One thing I didn't like is that fact it takes ages to dry on face, so I have to powder it when if I use my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I wouldn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dawnonthedeck

I love this foundation!

Im using shade 53 and I find that it glides on smoothly. It also leaves a soft feel to my skin after I applied it.

The foundation does give a healthy glow and has a dewy finish. I did not have to touch up until about 8 hours later.

I have warm undertones and at times I feel that the foundation turns out greyish on me. But I'm not sure if it is also because of the setting powder that I dust on. Also I thought that SGD$35 was a little steep for Bourjois. But I would say it is worth it. The salesperson even told me it will improve my skin's complexion. I've only used it for 3 days and so I can't be a fair judge of that yet.

The fruity smell is just a wonderful bonus to the already great foundation. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a little bit of lovely! I am very fair Mac nw15 and I always have problems finding a foundation that doesn't come off to pink or too yellow. Number 52 in the healthy mix serum is gorgeous. I am finally proud of my fair complexion. This is super easy to apply with fingers, it gives a lovely natural finish and you don't even need powder. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by melaniesenecal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried so many foundations. I have tried expensive ones and cheap ones. This one is in the middle not cheap not expensive and the look is great! Lisa Eldridge use it all the time and I've decided to try it out a couple of months ago and I will for sure repurchase. I'm fair\medium and got #52 and it is perfect. Love the look, dewy finish not oily but defenately not matte. Love it! and love the smell of fruits.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by louvy0401

This is truely amazing and I think it's as good as my other HGs such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I use B20) and Christian Dior's Forever (I use 20) . Thank you Makeupalley, I bought this after I read so many people raving about this and I bought the second lightest shade which is 52. The coverage is quite light just like the other two foundations I mentioned - I prefer the natural look at the moment and I can always use concealer and powder if I feel like I need more coverage. A bottle could last quite a while I reckon, unlike Chanel's Vitalumiere, which only lasted me 2 months (I use foundation on a daily basis). For the price - I bought this for £10.99 from Boots, I think this can easily beat my other HG. Highly recommended!