December 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by cherie0420

This is a great foundation. I'm Asian, with oily-combination skin and my shade is 53 Beige Clair, and this works really well for me, evening out skintone and concealing redness. I like its sheer coverage as I don't want to look like I've got a tonne of makeup on. I only wish it had a moving base pump like the regular Healthy Mix, and I hate that it's double the UK price here in Australia. A great foundation, but not worth the amount the Australian cosmetic industry charges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I visited London and I couldn't wait to try out some new mu lines. I picked this lovely foundation up and I have very high expectations for foundation. I love it! It covers, it gives a beautiful glowy look, and actually does well on my VERY oily skin.It reminds me a lot of Dior Forever foundation. Wish we had this line in California :/ Give it a try!

** EDIT*** still love this foundation. Just wanted to reference my skin color. I have between NC30-35 skin and I used shade 53. Seems to match fine. Also, tried it out without a setting powder and it still held up! Ahh please bring this to the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by emilysarah

I am going to joyfully jump on the good review bandwagon; this is an excellent product, especially for the price! I have fair skin with no pink tones and shade 51 is perfect. Like many others, I have tried a plethora of foundations. I am usually strictly a department store brand girl, and have used Chanel foundations (too dark for my very fair skin) Shiseido, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, the list goes on. This is less than half the price of most of those foundations (around $30 in Australia) and honestly performs just as well or in some cases better. For reference, I have combination skin with blackheads and occasional pimples and I tend to get a bit flaky. The foundation provides light coverage, but it covers most of my minor lumps and bumps very well; flakes are not accentuated. The beautiful thing about this is the seamless, natural coverage. It really doesn't look like makeup! It just makes my complexion even and more radiant. I find that it plays nice with powder and concealer and doesn't become cakey. It's just a really nice product. Medium coverage is easily attainable. If you want a light to medium coverage foundation give this a go, it pleasantly surprised me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by LynsA85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this product! Thought i'd give this a go as my usual one wasnt in stock. Great coverage, lovely finish and lovely floral smell. I was naughty and didnt remove my make up before bed but the next day my skin actually looked and felt moisturised! Will definitely use again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

for your ref im mac nc37 , healthy mix serum 55
Fantastic product.
leaves skin looking healthy and breathable
skin shows through slightly which is perfect for a natural look
lasts 8hours with no powder or touch ups
consistency is nice and smooth
skin feels silky once applied
best applied with fingers and blend or 187 brush
my HG foundation,...finally after 5years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by angelicbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was looking for a foundation for work and after seeing the reviews on this foundation I thought I would try it for myself.

As a colour code I am a MAC NW15 and had quite a lot of trouble selecting the Bourjois colour for me. Bourjois' foundations are on the yellow side therefore it was difficult for me to match their shades with my skin. I got around this by bringing one of the foundations I already have out with me and using the colour in the bottle to select the relevant Bourjois shade. I know that's a little strange but it was the only way that I could tell that the 51 shade was going to be the best match. On wearing the foundation it blends perfectly to my neck without leaving a orange tide - the colour does not change on my skin after a few hours either.

As per the majority of the reviews here I love this foundation and I feel it is one of the best budget products on the market. It performs as good as a high end product but costs only £10.99. That is without using it in conjunction with one of the usual offers available such as "Buy one get one half price" or "3 for 2".

Bourjois have two versions of this foundation. Healthy Mix serum which is good for dry skin and Healthy Mix foundation which is good for oily/combination skin. It is important that people recognise their skin type before selecting the foundation as the formulas perform differently.

I like the glass bottle and pump as I feel it is hygenic. The pump delivered a perfect sized blob enough to cover the face without wastage. The serum formula is a soft light liquid - not serumy at all but this is a bonus as it is blended well into skin.

This foundations gives light coverage and is good for people who do not want heavy coverage. It can be built up if a medium coverage is needed but probably is not suited for those that wish to cover very red blemishes or large spots.

This is a good day to day foundation and is well worth a try and 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by gooliax

I kept going back and forth between a 5 and a 3 for the overall rating here. Let me explain ...

This foundation blends SEAMLESSLY (better than any other I've ever used, and I have used a lot). It smells fantastic and it feels like you're not wearing anything on your face!

On the other hand, though it starts off looking dewy and fresh, it rather quickly turns you into an oil slick if you have anything but dry skin. I have combination skin but this stuff actually made me question whether it was oily. Also, if you have anything beyond a couple blemishes, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to use a loooot of concealer to make my face look even.

Overall, I would recommend this whole heartedly to anyone who is looking for light, natural, fresh coverage and I myself will be giving it another try in the winter when my skin is a) dry and b) clearer. Will update then!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite liquid foundation! I don't really see oily skin users liking this product, but I think they should try this because it kind of keep the oilies at bay and I actually like liquid foundations that are meant for the dry skin users instead of the oily ones because they actually provide better hydration and thus keeping oilies at bay.

I don't mind the sheer coverage because I think it has a rather decent coverage for my skin. I don't really have much acne-scarring but I wish they offer a better color range. I barely used a pump for my entire face anyway, so I'm alright with the coverage.

The smell of the foundation is divine and definitely a good product to turn away from the latex smelling foundations like Revlon Colorstay. It's a lightweight foundation thus my skin is able to breath through. This foundation also photographs beautifully because I believe there is pretty much no/minimal SPF content in this foundation so it looks like my natural skin, applied with Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Longevity of the foundation is alright, definitely don't last up till 16 hours but a good ol' 8 hours is fine by me. Thus taking off one lippie.

Definitely repurchasing because I like lighter liquid foundations that actually provides rather decent benefits for the skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Ammba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's my favorite foundation! looks very nice on the skin.
BUT I really hate packaging.. I damaged it three times!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, I really like this. I planned to buy Vitalumiere Aqua, but the SA at the Chanel counter was too busy to serve me so I walked out, straight into Boots and bought this for one third of the price. And it's lovely. I wanted a lighter coverage for summer after wearing Revlon Colorstay and Pro Lumiere, and this does a really nice job. Sheer and glowy but with decent long-lasting coverage. Shade 51 Vanille Clair matches my NW10ish skin perfectly and blends in well. Really like the gel like consistency, with a buffer brush this takes less than a minute to apply and blend in.

It does have a floral/tea fragrance, and while I prefer makeup to be unfragranced usually it doesn't really bother me. The packaging claims 16 hours "even, revived complexion" and it *mostly* lives up to that. After a 10 hour day, I do need to powder my nose but otherwise it still holds up.

With its reasonable price, and lovely natural glowy coverage, this I will definitely purchase again.