August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic for the price! Best for the winter months if you have combination skin. It's a shame this isn't sold in the USA. I have to stock up next time I'm in Canada.

I'm a high end makeup kind of gal but I must say this foundation is impressive. Especially, for the colder, dryer winter months when my skin is patchy, this has been a God-Send. It blends in beautifully, glides onto the skin effortlessly, and give me medium to full coverage. It almost, erases the texture of my skin and creates even, supple looking skin (especially on dry spots). The finish is quite dewy and "moisturized-looking" which I like. It also smells deliciously of fruits out of the bottle but that smell quickly fades away once on the skin.

I have combination skin, so as far as oil control goes, this doesn't have the best capabilities. I find shine starts building around the 4-5 hour mark but never really gets out of control. I happen to like the dewy look and my skin isn't as oily as it used to be. I don't feel a need to touch up. Oilier skin gals, I recommend you steer clear of this or set with a mattifying powder.

To compare this to Vitalumiere Aqua which everyone claims this is a dupe for, I would say Vita-Aqua has a much more semi-matte finish. Healthy mix serum has a dewy finish for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using mac studio fix for years but only once in a while, on bad skin days. Unfortunately my skin turned worse recently and I had to use foundation every day - still I felt that I needed something lighter than mac. After reading the rave reviews I wanted to buy the "plain" helathy mix foundation, but it was not available in shade 51 (the lightest) in my country. Though I was fearing that it'd only make my skin more oilier and break me out, I finally settled with the serum...and so glad I did!
My skin is the funniest kind of combination type, with oily nose and chin, dry forehead plus random dry patches around my nose and mouth, and normal cheeks. And this serum balances out my skin beautifully! It gives just the right ammount of coverage for the day, and adds this nice natural glow my skin will never be able to produce on its own..it is very natural though, and maybe I'm just lucky, but it does not make my nose any oilier. (I always use powder so maybe that's the trick...) Due to the serum gel texture it is very easy to apply, I use my fingers and it goes on evenly, not messy at all. It makes my skin super soft, even, radiant and healthy, and I'm not exaggerating!
Some cons: my dry patches need to be hydrated beforehand, because the foundation can look a bit obvious there. Also I don't understand why bourjois adds this heavy perfume to every product. It's not that I don't like the smell, but it's completely useless and some people might be sensitive to it. I got used to it and don't even feel it anymore but people comment on how fruity I smell..
Overall I love this product and would definitely repurchase: the price is awesome, and I need less than a pump to cover my face, so a little goes a long long way. buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by elianachristina

The cons are:
I've been reading that this foundation is a Diorskin Nude dupe. Bullshit! It's not. It doesn't last long on my skin and doesn't hold oil, even with primer and powder on. I have combo skin, but this foundation made me feel like I had oily. Very light coverage.
The pros are:
It feels light and natural. The color ranges match my neutral/yellow undertones. The price is fair. It doesn't breakout, which is great. The serum benefits do work, but it's very subtle.

I'd definitely save more money and buy Diorskin Nude instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by dutchgirlincanada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had read so many great reviews on the product, because so many people said it was a great foundation because it had a more neutral to yellow tone which is what I am and it can be so hard to find a foundation that matches me.

Pros:
-I bought the lightest colour, it blended perfectly into my skin something that I've never had before
-Matte foundation - almost a bit too matte for me as I find it doesn't look as natural and healthy.
-Lasted all day and stayed matte all day. I applied a light loose powder over top
-Good ingredients, no parabens
-light to medium coverage, buildable to a certain extent
-Didn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin

Cons
-I didn't like the way it applied, it seemed to set up too quickly and it was instantly matte so it wasn't the smoothest application and it was difficult to blend
-no sunscreen
-I found the smell a little too strong, did go away after awhile though
-In Canada, this is $26 without tax which I find a little expensive for something that I can buy at Shoppers drug mart

Would I buy this again?
Probably because of how perfect the shade is for me, unless I find something better suited. I think it might be a bit too matte for my liking, but the original Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (not serum) isn't available where I live, but I feel like that would be better for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by FloryTheFashionNerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation!

I've had this foundation for quite a while now and I'm still using it. The packaging is okay it's not to small and not too big I guess. The price is okay, it's around £11.00 something. The good thing about this foundation is that it lasts long and doesn't make you look cakey and ofcourse will not give you dry skin! What I like about it is that it's very moisturing so it's not that dry in fact, it's very soft and smooth. I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mandity

This product is absolutely incredible. It has a very natural finish and it blends really well with the skin. You don't even need to set it with powder for it to last if you have a combination skin like mine. However, the coverage IS rather limited so it's not that good for people with acne. However if you only have a pimple or two, you can just apply on some concealer and then you're good for the day. Best foundation I've ever used! Definitely a HG product and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by yasmindropdead

i love this foundation. ive tried many over the past few years and none have beat this. i have combination skin which is oily over the nose, and this just glides on and stays perfect. the coverage is quite light but heavy coverage looks awful on my skin anyway. i usually apply this with a make up brush when im taking my time with my makeup but if im in a rush i can put it on just fine with my fingers, the only thing i dislike about it is that i have to put a powder over my face afterwards because it makes me look very pale and lifeless, but thats because i have to buy the palest shade because its the one that matches my skin. i also have mac studio fix powder and this just completely blows it out of the water. 10/10.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by alaras

It is perfect for my combination skin. Lasts all day. Medium coverage. Does not oxidise. Does not transfer very easily. Price is affordable. So far this is the 2nd best foundation I have used (the best is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). This one at times can look a tad cakey, and sometimes looks sheerer than other times... Not everyday though, so it might be just my skin that day. Revlon Nearly Naked foundation seems to be a good rival. But Bourjois bottles come with a pump, which is much more preferable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous product. I recently spent £31 on some Chanel foundation, and was really disappointed - even in the lightest colour it left my skin orange, and very dull-looking. Shade 51 matches my pale complexion perfectly, and leaves skin looking natural and dewy. It makes your skin look perfect, but not like you're obviously wearing make-up. I only wish I had found this before buying the Chanel foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS:
1) Everybody has said this already but the smell is gorgeous, really fruity and not like paint at all, which is great considering that most DS foundations smell like crap.
2) Color match. I've got pale, yellow toned skin and this matches well. It may be the tiniest bit too dark/yellow for my NC15/20 skin but shade 51 is a really fantastic match. However the color range doesn't really cater to very pale skins, darker skins, or people with cooler undertones. However if you have a yellow or olivey complexion you may find your match here, as i did. Still, it's pretty badthat a girl with NC20ish skin wears the palest shade...
3) Finish. Glowy, but not shiny and greasy. On my oily/combo skin this is a nice finish, but I wouldn't want to wear anything more dewy than this for fear of looking like a greaseball. If you have extremely oily skin though I'd steer clear.
4) This foundation blends so easily, it takes almost no effort and you can blend with your fingers very easily. Perfect!
5) Coverage. This foundation is really light, and not really buildable to medium without the finish getting increasingly shinier. However, I personally love the coverage so it's fine for me. However, if you have something to really cover this will not work for you. For reference, i've got pretty good skin and I can still see bumps on my chin through this, but that's fine.

CONS
1) The lasting power is absolutely terrible. Let me repeat that again. HORRIBLE. Wearing it without primer or powder, 4 hours tops. I'm not even that oily and this slides right off.

Final verdict: Would be HG If I could wear it without it sliding right off. I'd recommend it to those with barely anything to cover, and normal/dry skin that doesn't have a problem with foundations coming off of their skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No