September 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I have had this since Jan 2011 and I have had to replace the brush head once, about to have to do it again here soon (since youre supposed to do it every 3 mo) and I have never had to change the batteries. I love this facial cleansing tool. I have used the clarisonic before, and while I like the bigger head of the C the Olay reeaaally comes close. It definately gets the job done! And for 30 bucks instead of 200 why the heck not? I have noticed a huges improvement in my skin. That is using the Olay machine in accordance with my Estee Lauder skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this @ Rite Aid & It was on sale & I had a coupon in all it came up to $25 & its well worth it would have still paid full price for it anyway....I've had this since January & use it pretty much every night especially when I wear makeup(blush,eye shadow) I bought myself a MIA @ Sephora last year F&F sale & while I did enjoy my MIA once I purchased this I returned my MIA...this works great leaves my face clean & makeup,gunk free...& I like that its battery operated...I don't spend much on batteries for this since I charge my batteries...I believe I've purchased batteries 3 times since Jan 2011 mine did come with a cleanser which I dislike & used only 1x before tossn aside I use this with my Perricone facial bar soap & just recently Neutrogena's all natural bar soap & its great cleansing each & every time...I would recommend & sooo would repurchase if need be....its a step above manual face cleansing & much better!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Took a lot of dead skin off my body, really cleared it up. When i was useing this, i used it on dry skin on high and i could see the dead skin coming off.yuck. I think this is too harsh to use on my skin except my nose. My face is a bit dry looking and pink afterwards.I might continue useing it might not. Maybe use it once a week or something on my body anymore than that would be overkill. Wish the brush could be softer. However i have used it a lot the brush and its still intact and working well so thats good, not having to replace all the time. I almost wish this was gentlerr. We'll see how i like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really like this! My skin freaks whenever I use anything Olay (no idea why, but I get red, stingy, and painfully dry skin whenever I use their range) so needless to say, I just bought this for the brush. It really smooths and cleans my skin, and my skin feels so much softer after I use it! If mine ever breaks down, I'll definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not GROUND breaking for me yet, but it makes my face feel smooth, suck up my moisturizer, and keeps my acne to a minimum. I also ADORE the cleanser sample it comes with, although I'm not entirely sure I could justify spending $25 on a facial cleanser.
Let me also say, I have never tried the clairisonic and never plan on it. I have much more important things to spend money on (like hair products hehe). Depending on how oily my face is, I'll use either/or speed setting, but there really isn't THAT big if a difference.
The battery compartment IS hard to get open, but that is so it ensures you aren't getting water in it when you use it in the shower.

Will repurchase if this breaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SummerHope

First of all, your skin is only the width of a sheet of paper. That being said, I think this product is a good choice for every day use due to its "slower" speed and soft brush. You don't need to grind your skin down, that will cause it more harm than good. I do like this product, the only thing I have to compare it to is the brushes Estheticians use (which run at about the same speed as the Pro-X). I have moderate to severe acne, and I feel as though this has given my skin a boost in the right direction towards clearing up. I use this product twice a day, and I clean the brush after every use. So far so good, you can't go wrong with this product. Anyways, if anything...Pro-X has introduced me to a new way of cleansing my face. My skin is much softer and cleaner, I also feel as though it helps products penetrate my skin better (such as moisturizers and acne meds). I don't know if it's my imagination though. By the way, this product doesn't aggravate/spread acne if anyone's concerned about that, just don't dig it into your skin. :)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

*Updated below original review*

I bought this to see if I would actually use a product like this before investing the Clarisonic.

Having nothing to compare it to, I like it.

Here is my routine: Use the Pro-X with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, follow with tea tree oil soap, finish with Olay 7 in One scrub.

Have I noticed a groundbreaking change in my face? Not really. It's definitely softer and smoother but that's about it. I did not break out so I consider that a plus.

The brush is really small, too small, I think. And it could spin faster.

I chose that I would not purchase it again because all things being equal I'm going to upgrade to the Mia.

*update*

I have since purchased the clairsonic Mia and I can now report that, while the pro-x is still a fine device for what it is, it is not in the same ballpark as the Mia. Nor should it be with a price tag of $150.00.

Whereas the Pro-x has a very small brush head that spins at two speeds the Mia has a larger head that does not spin at all but rather vibrates. The Mia is like a sonicare toothbrush for your face.

The Pro-x cleaned my face but didn't affect any changes. The Mia has changed the overall look and texture of my skin while offering a much deeper cleansing. The Mia also allows for a more effective penetration of serums, treatments, and moisturizers.

All in all I would say that if you can't afford the Mia the Pro-x will clean your face bu t isn't a substitute; it's an entirely different experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by amyang

i had high hopes for this product but not great enough for me. It was i think 30 dollars, not worth it. It only spins in one direction and not multi direction like other spin brushes. what am i going to get out of one direction spinner. it didnt seem to do anything for me and i returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by BumbleBee5296

I really love this product. I've only been using it for approx. 2 weeks however I noticed a huge difference in my skin! (I have also changed some other products in my routine as well). But regardless, I love this and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I've been using this product for about 3 months and haven't noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. Also, I'm a bit confused on how the brush head stays clean. I wash my face with it in the morning & again at night after removing my makeup. But all the dirt & oil on my face transfers onto the brush, and when the brush head is dry, it feels a bit greasy. Seems like I'm washing my face with an oily brush head...and it wouldn't make sense to replace the brush every other day. Help??