October 25, 2014 | 1254 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pokerface757

Wow I have to say that I after one night of using the product, I'm already in love. I used this with my philosophy purity cleanser last night & I woke up today & cannot believe the difference in my face. I have sensitive/oily/acne prone skin & issues with some redness, in my cheek & nose area, after one night of using this tool I woke up to hardly any redness & super soft supple skin. The brush is super soft, for my super reactive skin too, I;ve played with the $200+, clarisonic instore & didnt like the hard bush & along with vibration, it felt like it would melt my face off. So far so good with this Pro-X goodness. Will update in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ElaineMMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I compared, investigated and debated between this machine and the Clarisonic Plus for several days. I liked the CP because it came with a body brush, but then it occurred to me that I could just have an extra brush with the Pro-X that would serve basically the same purpose, so out went that argument for the CP.

I went back and forth between the two, reading reviews and so on, and it was when I finally saw a report by a dermatologist who said that the Clarisonic works great in cleaning the skin but that it's not an exfoliator and doesn't stop wrinkles. So, I figured that if what the Clarisonic boils down to is a facial cleansing brush, well, why not just go with the Olay for a whole lot less. So, I did. And it's great!

I generally use a make-up wipe before using the Olay Pro-X brush; however, I did a little test early on and used the brush (on a fully made-up face) BEFORE using the make-up wipe. Believe it or not, when I wiped my face after using the brush, there was NOTHING on the wipe. It did that good a job of cleaning my face! So, I'm happy. And very happy I didn't fork over $200. And my skin looks beauuutiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the average on this, as it seems to be working wonders for other people, but my experience was AWFUL. First off, can we just discuss how it says, right there on the box, that if, for ANY reason, at any time, you are unhappy with the product, you can return it for a full refund? Guess what? NOT SO MUCH. After using this facial cleansing system for two months, and experiencing massive breakouts of cystic acne over the entire surface of my face (At first I assumed it was purging. That seemed reasonable. But it never went away. So then I thought maybe it was the cleanser it came with. So I switched to the gentlest cleanser I own. Still pizza-face. So I stopped using it for one week and my face calmed and began to clear. Huh.), I boxed up all the components, tucked it into a shipping box, and mailed it to the address provided, along with a summary of what I had experienced. I never heard back. Not a peep. When I finally called their customer service line to enquire as to whether they had gotten the package, and if they needed more info from me, or what, I was VERY rudely told that they would only issue a refund if the device was mechanically defective. Ahem. That's NOT WHAT IT SAID ON THE BOX, lady.

To sum up, while this seemed to work great for many others, it caused me to break out horribly. I still have scars. And when I tried to resolve the issue with the company, I had one of the worst customer service experiences of my life. So. Not super-happy with this little gadget.

39 out of 48 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I have had this since Jan 2011 and I have had to replace the brush head once, about to have to do it again here soon (since youre supposed to do it every 3 mo) and I have never had to change the batteries. I love this facial cleansing tool. I have used the clarisonic before, and while I like the bigger head of the C the Olay reeaaally comes close. It definately gets the job done! And for 30 bucks instead of 200 why the heck not? I have noticed a huges improvement in my skin. That is using the Olay machine in accordance with my Estee Lauder skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this @ Rite Aid & It was on sale & I had a coupon in all it came up to $25 & its well worth it would have still paid full price for it anyway....I've had this since January & use it pretty much every night especially when I wear makeup(blush,eye shadow) I bought myself a MIA @ Sephora last year F&F sale & while I did enjoy my MIA once I purchased this I returned my MIA...this works great leaves my face clean & makeup,gunk free...& I like that its battery operated...I don't spend much on batteries for this since I charge my batteries...I believe I've purchased batteries 3 times since Jan 2011 mine did come with a cleanser which I dislike & used only 1x before tossn aside I use this with my Perricone facial bar soap & just recently Neutrogena's all natural bar soap & its great cleansing each & every time...I would recommend & sooo would repurchase if need be....its a step above manual face cleansing & much better!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Took a lot of dead skin off my body, really cleared it up. When i was useing this, i used it on dry skin on high and i could see the dead skin coming off.yuck. I think this is too harsh to use on my skin except my nose. My face is a bit dry looking and pink afterwards.I might continue useing it might not. Maybe use it once a week or something on my body anymore than that would be overkill. Wish the brush could be softer. However i have used it a lot the brush and its still intact and working well so thats good, not having to replace all the time. I almost wish this was gentlerr. We'll see how i like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really like this! My skin freaks whenever I use anything Olay (no idea why, but I get red, stingy, and painfully dry skin whenever I use their range) so needless to say, I just bought this for the brush. It really smooths and cleans my skin, and my skin feels so much softer after I use it! If mine ever breaks down, I'll definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not GROUND breaking for me yet, but it makes my face feel smooth, suck up my moisturizer, and keeps my acne to a minimum. I also ADORE the cleanser sample it comes with, although I'm not entirely sure I could justify spending $25 on a facial cleanser.
Let me also say, I have never tried the clairisonic and never plan on it. I have much more important things to spend money on (like hair products hehe). Depending on how oily my face is, I'll use either/or speed setting, but there really isn't THAT big if a difference.
The battery compartment IS hard to get open, but that is so it ensures you aren't getting water in it when you use it in the shower.

Will repurchase if this breaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SummerHope

First of all, your skin is only the width of a sheet of paper. That being said, I think this product is a good choice for every day use due to its "slower" speed and soft brush. You don't need to grind your skin down, that will cause it more harm than good. I do like this product, the only thing I have to compare it to is the brushes Estheticians use (which run at about the same speed as the Pro-X). I have moderate to severe acne, and I feel as though this has given my skin a boost in the right direction towards clearing up. I use this product twice a day, and I clean the brush after every use. So far so good, you can't go wrong with this product. Anyways, if anything...Pro-X has introduced me to a new way of cleansing my face. My skin is much softer and cleaner, I also feel as though it helps products penetrate my skin better (such as moisturizers and acne meds). I don't know if it's my imagination though. By the way, this product doesn't aggravate/spread acne if anyone's concerned about that, just don't dig it into your skin. :)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

*Updated below original review*

I bought this to see if I would actually use a product like this before investing the Clarisonic.

Having nothing to compare it to, I like it.

Here is my routine: Use the Pro-X with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, follow with tea tree oil soap, finish with Olay 7 in One scrub.

Have I noticed a groundbreaking change in my face? Not really. It's definitely softer and smoother but that's about it. I did not break out so I consider that a plus.

The brush is really small, too small, I think. And it could spin faster.

I chose that I would not purchase it again because all things being equal I'm going to upgrade to the Mia.

*update*

I have since purchased the clairsonic Mia and I can now report that, while the pro-x is still a fine device for what it is, it is not in the same ballpark as the Mia. Nor should it be with a price tag of $150.00.

Whereas the Pro-x has a very small brush head that spins at two speeds the Mia has a larger head that does not spin at all but rather vibrates. The Mia is like a sonicare toothbrush for your face.

The Pro-x cleaned my face but didn't affect any changes. The Mia has changed the overall look and texture of my skin while offering a much deeper cleansing. The Mia also allows for a more effective penetration of serums, treatments, and moisturizers.

All in all I would say that if you can't afford the Mia the Pro-x will clean your face bu t isn't a substitute; it's an entirely different experience.