December 20, 2014 | 1632 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If there was a "HELL YES!!!!!!!" option for if I'd buy this again, I'd pick it. Hands down. This is the number one contributing factor to clearing my acne scars. I was going to wait at least a month until writing a review on this but honestly... I can't wait. The only weird thing is when I switch from the slower speed to the faster one (SOMETIMES) it stops for a split second then changes. I love this brush to the next galaxy & back & then to heaven & back again because that's where this brush has blown me away to. I bought this on Sunday night. Used it that night, then every morning & night since then. It is now Thursday night, & I am not kidding when I say that my acne scars are 95% gone. I saw results immediately but they were most noticeable by Tuesday. & I didn't have light acne scarring. I had it ALLLLLL over both of my cheeks, & it made me look like a pizza face because it looked like I still had acne. It is almost gone. I'm not lying, cross my heart hope to die stick a zillion needles in my eye if I was. I woke up today, looked in the mirror & cried at the sight of my face. It's never been so clear since I was in 4th grade. I'm now a recent graduate of high school. Thank you Olay for this heaven sent product that I didn't have to spend $200 on.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!! The Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System is really great and does exactly what it's supposed to. It's great at exfoliating, easy to operate, and it feels ammmaazing on the skin! At $30 including a small cleanser, this is a great deal to me, especially since its major competitor, the Clarisonic is priced around $200! In my opinion, the Pro-X cleansing tool is better than the Clarisonic, because it spins in complete circles, where the Clarisonic only shimmies back and forth. I use it every single night, it takes off all of my makeup, and has never broken me out. Feels great, and leaves skin smooth and soft. I have to say though the cleanser it comes with isn't that special to me. I choose to use other cleansers. This is a great product though, I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants great skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had always heard people raving about these gadgets, whether the Clarisonic or whatever, but I never saw the point. Then I went in to get a facial and they used the Clarisonic on me, and it was amazing. I couldn't justify buying the Clarisonic, so I decided to give this a try. Let me just tell you, it is pretty freaking great. I had problem skin my whole life with a lot of left over bumps and scarring, and it's already faded in the few weeks I've been using this. I have actually gotten compliments on how good my skin looks and that NEVER happens. I have tried a variety of cleansers with it, and they all work well. I use a cleansing oil prior to using this and there is nothing on the cotton pad when I use my toner. This does make me want to try the Clarisonic, but for the time being, I am very content.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by tiniree

I purchased this two weeks ago and love it! My 46 y/o skin was starting to really look older (ie: dull, dry patches, larger pores, etc.) and because of this I was having a hard time finding a really good foundation.

On the day I bought this, I was actually trying to find a foundation that would look good and do what it said.....make my skin look younger. The lady at Walgreen's very politely said that I really needed to get my skin in better shape first or I wouldn't be happy with any foundation.

She suggested exfoliating and moisturizing. I have never been good at keeping this up. My skin can be somewhat sensitive to harsh scrubs, etc. and I was leery about using one.

When I saw this I remembered I had something similar when I was a teenager and I loved using it. Now I do know that if you overdo it, your skin will react. So I wanted to make sure this product didn't act like sandpaper.

I am two weeks into using this product twice a day (yes TWICE a day) on low and without putting a lot of pressure on the brush against my face. I use the cleanser sample it came with and really like it. I have also started making sure I apply a moisturizer after each use (I have gone back to basics and am using the Original Oil of Olay at night and the one with SPF for day).

I am happy to say that my skin is LOVING this! It is definitely softer and more supple, and my kids said my skin looks "really good"!

I don't expect miracles from a product. This does just what I expected it to do: Gently and effectively cleanses my skin and makes it softer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally purchased this on sale at Walgreens out of curiosity. I just did not find this to be more effective at cleaning my face, nor did I like the extra time it takes to use this battery operated cleansing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pokerface757

Wow I have to say that I after one night of using the product, I'm already in love. I used this with my philosophy purity cleanser last night & I woke up today & cannot believe the difference in my face. I have sensitive/oily/acne prone skin & issues with some redness, in my cheek & nose area, after one night of using this tool I woke up to hardly any redness & super soft supple skin. The brush is super soft, for my super reactive skin too, I;ve played with the $200+, clarisonic instore & didnt like the hard bush & along with vibration, it felt like it would melt my face off. So far so good with this Pro-X goodness. Will update in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ElaineMMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I compared, investigated and debated between this machine and the Clarisonic Plus for several days. I liked the CP because it came with a body brush, but then it occurred to me that I could just have an extra brush with the Pro-X that would serve basically the same purpose, so out went that argument for the CP.

I went back and forth between the two, reading reviews and so on, and it was when I finally saw a report by a dermatologist who said that the Clarisonic works great in cleaning the skin but that it's not an exfoliator and doesn't stop wrinkles. So, I figured that if what the Clarisonic boils down to is a facial cleansing brush, well, why not just go with the Olay for a whole lot less. So, I did. And it's great!

I generally use a make-up wipe before using the Olay Pro-X brush; however, I did a little test early on and used the brush (on a fully made-up face) BEFORE using the make-up wipe. Believe it or not, when I wiped my face after using the brush, there was NOTHING on the wipe. It did that good a job of cleaning my face! So, I'm happy. And very happy I didn't fork over $200. And my skin looks beauuutiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the average on this, as it seems to be working wonders for other people, but my experience was AWFUL. First off, can we just discuss how it says, right there on the box, that if, for ANY reason, at any time, you are unhappy with the product, you can return it for a full refund? Guess what? NOT SO MUCH. After using this facial cleansing system for two months, and experiencing massive breakouts of cystic acne over the entire surface of my face (At first I assumed it was purging. That seemed reasonable. But it never went away. So then I thought maybe it was the cleanser it came with. So I switched to the gentlest cleanser I own. Still pizza-face. So I stopped using it for one week and my face calmed and began to clear. Huh.), I boxed up all the components, tucked it into a shipping box, and mailed it to the address provided, along with a summary of what I had experienced. I never heard back. Not a peep. When I finally called their customer service line to enquire as to whether they had gotten the package, and if they needed more info from me, or what, I was VERY rudely told that they would only issue a refund if the device was mechanically defective. Ahem. That's NOT WHAT IT SAID ON THE BOX, lady.

To sum up, while this seemed to work great for many others, it caused me to break out horribly. I still have scars. And when I tried to resolve the issue with the company, I had one of the worst customer service experiences of my life. So. Not super-happy with this little gadget.

40 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I have had this since Jan 2011 and I have had to replace the brush head once, about to have to do it again here soon (since youre supposed to do it every 3 mo) and I have never had to change the batteries. I love this facial cleansing tool. I have used the clarisonic before, and while I like the bigger head of the C the Olay reeaaally comes close. It definately gets the job done! And for 30 bucks instead of 200 why the heck not? I have noticed a huges improvement in my skin. That is using the Olay machine in accordance with my Estee Lauder skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this @ Rite Aid & It was on sale & I had a coupon in all it came up to $25 & its well worth it would have still paid full price for it anyway....I've had this since January & use it pretty much every night especially when I wear makeup(blush,eye shadow) I bought myself a MIA @ Sephora last year F&F sale & while I did enjoy my MIA once I purchased this I returned my MIA...this works great leaves my face clean & makeup,gunk free...& I like that its battery operated...I don't spend much on batteries for this since I charge my batteries...I believe I've purchased batteries 3 times since Jan 2011 mine did come with a cleanser which I dislike & used only 1x before tossn aside I use this with my Perricone facial bar soap & just recently Neutrogena's all natural bar soap & its great cleansing each & every time...I would recommend & sooo would repurchase if need be....its a step above manual face cleansing & much better!!!!