Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 12/15/2010 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I don't know what happened, man. The formula of this mascara got thick, dried-out and clumpy very quickly. I think I only got a couple of weeks of use before I had to toss it out. I wish I could be more thorough in my review, but I wasn't able to use it long enough to really comment on anything else.

on 12/13/2010 3:29:00 AM

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!!

I always always always used CoverGirl's Lashblast volume, but when I heard about this mascara, I thought it was something worth trying.

It isn't waterproof, and that's kind of a downer. However, it doesn't clump, and the brush grabs all of my lashes! I have to wait for it to dry, but it makes my lashes look long and healthy.

The big advertisement about this mascara is that it grows your lashes...well, it works! I couldn't believe it! It took a little time, but my co-workers and friends started asking me if I was wearing fake eyelashes. My friend who knew I was experimenting with this mascara said that it must work because she couldn't stop staring at my long eyelashes. She then went on vacation, and when she came back, she asked me, "Lauren, have you been growing your eyelashes while I was away?!" For some reason, I found that hilarious. I bought two more when it was on sale for buy one get one half off. :)

This product makes putting on mascara my favorite part of my makeup routine.

on 12/12/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would be nice for my (ridiculously) short lashes, maybe give them some length, give them some color. Wellll, after waiting A HALF HOUR for it to dry, I realized that (a) my lashes weren't really any longer, (b) I had little black specks everywhere because the wet mascara was "blinking off" my eyelashes, and (c) later in the day, it started flaking into my eyeballs. No thanks, it wasn't terribly expensive, but if I'm looking for lengthening, I'll use XXL lashes or one of my other mascaras that has a primer and mascara. Not thrilled by claims or mascara, and a half hour is WAAAY too long for anything to dry on my face.

on 12/10/2010 9:38:00 PM

I wish there was a "maybe" choice for the "would you buy this product again." I'm torn on this mascara. It makes my lashes the longest they've ever been (though I don't buy that it will make them actually grow longer.) It doesn't smudge with normal wear, though it's not waterproof. I didn't experience any flaking.

But it's pretty thick, it takes a long time to dry, and the brush is weird. It goes on so thick, even after blotting with a tissue, that you can't get a lash comb through it. If you wear glasses, you'll have to wait between 5-10 minutes for this to dry, or you'll have smudges on your lens the first time you blink. I don't get the brush. It's chunky in the middle, so you're basically just using the middle of the brush to apply. It's kind of awkward.

on 12/9/2010 3:41:00 PM

I cannot tell you how many mascara's I have tired this past year. I happened to "stumble" on this one as I was walking out of Walgreens where they had it on display with a a $1 off coupon.

I LOVE this mascara! It coats every lash and my lashes are looking better than they have in years. I have not experienced a single problem that some other users have expressed.

As far as I am concerned this mascara is PERFECT!!!

on 12/7/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The purpose of this product is for your lashes to grow
and that is what it did
my lashes did grow
you have to use the entire tube for that false eyelash look

when i appy it
it did go on clumpy and doesn't hold a curl
but perfect for bottom lashes
only cost me 10$ even if you are having doubts
try it
it is not waterproof so it is easy to wash off

i applied it twice when i wakeup and go to sleep

some lashes may grow longer then the other
but i'll take it
i also add vaseline on my eyelashes before i add the mascera
so it doesn't be brittle when i curl them or sleep with the mascera on

on 12/6/2010 5:48:00 AM

This is a very black mascara (more so than Extra Super Lash), I like the packaging and the decent sized traditional brush - it's not a fat brush, this one's made for definition. It made my lashes look dark and long but didn't volumise them much at all. The formula is very wet but not without substance. Those of you who hate thick, dry and furry formulas will like Lash Accelerator, it brushed on really easily and quickly.

My only complaint is the shape of the brush, sometimes I find it takes a bit longer to get my lashes to fan and separate nicely. The brush tapers at the top and bottom and is wider in the middle. If it was straight or conical it might solve this problem. I haven't tried this: It might work better if you use a lash primer first to get the lashes coated and into position.

But day to day this has been a good mascara and I'd gladly repurchase it. I'm not sure if it has made my lashes grow at all but perhaps people with shorter lashes may see more improvement than I did.

A more detailed review and other beauty product reviews can be found on my blog:
clever-rabbit.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading.

on 12/3/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not the best mascara. Did clump on the top lashes, but great for bottom lashes. Thin and long wand. Lashes dry quickly and are soft. Didn't notice any growth

on 12/3/2010 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Awful mascara, made my lashes look spidery! After 2 days of using I now have extremely painful lids which are infected and swollen. This was the only new item I had used. I dont normally have reactions to any make up. I have read on blogs that girls were saying their lashes fell out after using it ! Dont buy this.
Im no mascara geek but cover girl lash blast / max factor masterpiece and benefit bad gal are truly amazing try them! xx

on 12/2/2010 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this at Duane Reade. This mascara is supposed to grow your lashes within 30 days. I have only used this for 3 days and already am having a problem, it goes on slightly clumpy, the clumps are tiny but there. Also I keep having to pick little black specks off of my skin and in my eye throughout the day, which is very annoying and never had this problem with any mascara.The only good thing I can say is that it does not in any way irritate or burn my eyes.
I would love to give this a chance to see if it does grow my lashes but these specks that keep falling off is ruinig my makeup. I won't buy this again, I will just stick to plain mascara with no promises of growing lashes. ugh.

Popular Mascaras