Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 12/12/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would be nice for my (ridiculously) short lashes, maybe give them some length, give them some color. Wellll, after waiting A HALF HOUR for it to dry, I realized that (a) my lashes weren't really any longer, (b) I had little black specks everywhere because the wet mascara was "blinking off" my eyelashes, and (c) later in the day, it started flaking into my eyeballs. No thanks, it wasn't terribly expensive, but if I'm looking for lengthening, I'll use XXL lashes or one of my other mascaras that has a primer and mascara. Not thrilled by claims or mascara, and a half hour is WAAAY too long for anything to dry on my face.

on 12/10/2010 9:38:00 PM

I wish there was a "maybe" choice for the "would you buy this product again." I'm torn on this mascara. It makes my lashes the longest they've ever been (though I don't buy that it will make them actually grow longer.) It doesn't smudge with normal wear, though it's not waterproof. I didn't experience any flaking.

But it's pretty thick, it takes a long time to dry, and the brush is weird. It goes on so thick, even after blotting with a tissue, that you can't get a lash comb through it. If you wear glasses, you'll have to wait between 5-10 minutes for this to dry, or you'll have smudges on your lens the first time you blink. I don't get the brush. It's chunky in the middle, so you're basically just using the middle of the brush to apply. It's kind of awkward.

on 12/9/2010 3:41:00 PM

I cannot tell you how many mascara's I have tired this past year. I happened to "stumble" on this one as I was walking out of Walgreens where they had it on display with a a $1 off coupon.

I LOVE this mascara! It coats every lash and my lashes are looking better than they have in years. I have not experienced a single problem that some other users have expressed.

As far as I am concerned this mascara is PERFECT!!!

on 12/7/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The purpose of this product is for your lashes to grow
and that is what it did
my lashes did grow
you have to use the entire tube for that false eyelash look

when i appy it
it did go on clumpy and doesn't hold a curl
but perfect for bottom lashes
only cost me 10$ even if you are having doubts
try it
it is not waterproof so it is easy to wash off

i applied it twice when i wakeup and go to sleep

some lashes may grow longer then the other
but i'll take it
i also add vaseline on my eyelashes before i add the mascera
so it doesn't be brittle when i curl them or sleep with the mascera on

on 12/6/2010 5:48:00 AM

This is a very black mascara (more so than Extra Super Lash), I like the packaging and the decent sized traditional brush - it's not a fat brush, this one's made for definition. It made my lashes look dark and long but didn't volumise them much at all. The formula is very wet but not without substance. Those of you who hate thick, dry and furry formulas will like Lash Accelerator, it brushed on really easily and quickly.

My only complaint is the shape of the brush, sometimes I find it takes a bit longer to get my lashes to fan and separate nicely. The brush tapers at the top and bottom and is wider in the middle. If it was straight or conical it might solve this problem. I haven't tried this: It might work better if you use a lash primer first to get the lashes coated and into position.

But day to day this has been a good mascara and I'd gladly repurchase it. I'm not sure if it has made my lashes grow at all but perhaps people with shorter lashes may see more improvement than I did.

A more detailed review and other beauty product reviews can be found on my blog:
clever-rabbit.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading.

on 12/3/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not the best mascara. Did clump on the top lashes, but great for bottom lashes. Thin and long wand. Lashes dry quickly and are soft. Didn't notice any growth

on 12/3/2010 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Awful mascara, made my lashes look spidery! After 2 days of using I now have extremely painful lids which are infected and swollen. This was the only new item I had used. I dont normally have reactions to any make up. I have read on blogs that girls were saying their lashes fell out after using it ! Dont buy this.
Im no mascara geek but cover girl lash blast / max factor masterpiece and benefit bad gal are truly amazing try them! xx

on 12/2/2010 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this at Duane Reade. This mascara is supposed to grow your lashes within 30 days. I have only used this for 3 days and already am having a problem, it goes on slightly clumpy, the clumps are tiny but there. Also I keep having to pick little black specks off of my skin and in my eye throughout the day, which is very annoying and never had this problem with any mascara.The only good thing I can say is that it does not in any way irritate or burn my eyes.
I would love to give this a chance to see if it does grow my lashes but these specks that keep falling off is ruinig my makeup. I won't buy this again, I will just stick to plain mascara with no promises of growing lashes. ugh.

on 12/1/2010 11:47:00 PM

I am really loving this lengthening mascara. I have short asian lashes and normally go for volume mascara, but have realized I would prefer length over volume if I had to choose one. I love this spherical brush. Applies evenly and smoothly. After about 2-3 coats, I start to get some volume as well. I can't say too much regarding the actual "lash growth" effect the formula is supposed to have. I presume if anything, it is very minimal improvement. However, to be fair I never expect those type of stellar results from a DS product like this. If I expected growth, I would just buckle down and get Latisse.
All in all, I am really loving this mascara. No clumps, no raccoon eyes, no smudging. Comes off easily with makeup remover.

on 12/1/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have long black lashes but they were very sparse because I kept losing lashes when taking off my eye makeup. I decided to try this mascara once I read that it'll help with length AND fullness. For the first week, you will NOT see any results. My lashes looked like they barely had any mascara on them, even though I would layer this stuff on. It didn't give me a dramatic "look at me" lash look. The brush is nice when it comes to definition. I barely get any clumps with this mascara. I am now on the third week and I see some dramatic results. Not only have I not lost a single lash since I started using this, my upper AND lower lashes are super super long!! So don't be mislead, this mascara not only lengthens, it also strengths your lashes from lash loss and helps make them fuller. Now that my lashes are multiplied and longer, I definitely get that dramatic eye lash look that I've been yearning for!