July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am giving this a second chance, and I am kind of happy. I read a review (probably under plain old Lash Blast before they diversified) that who would like this. The reviewer had 3 categories. 1) the apply and go girls, they will love it. 2) the work a little at applying, but only a stroke or two (they won't like it cuz it won't be that much drama) and 3) the ones who will take the time to apply this meticulously (sp?) and get AMAZING results (this category would include the many makeup artists who love this and fellow mascara junkies). So category 1 & 3 will love it, but category 2 won't be impressed. I thought that was brilliantly illustrated. So that review made me look into again. Then I read an interview of Taylor Swift saying she uses Lash Blast (but quickly dismissed it cuz she is the new CG spokesperson). But then she mentioned that after all these different makeup artists kept pulling it out of their kit, she finally took the hint and tried it.

That said, I am liking this on my second go around. Unlike Max Factor Volume Courture or CG Volume Exact, it fans out your lashes more (like DiorShow and Full n Soft). Also, as mentioned above, unlike Volume Couture or Volume Exact, you have to work this a bit more to get the drama. But when you do work it, you get not only long, full lashes, but fanned out naturally looking long full lashes (with drama). Volume Exact and Volume Couture, gave dramatic dark lashes quickly, but they did lack that soft feather feel. I still love those mascaras, but I am really appreciating Lash Blast these days. And since Max Factor is no longer sold in the U.S., I needed to find a new HG mascara anyhow. Call me a lemming, but I am really liking Lash Blast (orange tube) - oh...and I like dramatic lashes, so put me in category 3).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jlboisseau

This mascara did nothing for me. It didn't coat lashes very well and made them look dry and thin. Also, it flaked after about an hour or so of wear. I would never buy this mascara again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Oinkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised seeing all of these glowing reviews. I absolutely hated this mascara. Yes, it gave me volume. It also clumped like crazy, made my lashes look so thick it was comical, and was nearly impossible to remove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I've bought this mascara multiple times. I really like the waterproof version of it. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes and the waterproof version doesn't smudge on me like the non waterproof one does. It holds a curl really well and fans out my lashes so they look fuller. I get the blackest one and I like it a lot because its really dark. I very much enjoy this mascara and will continue to repurchase when I run out because it works well and is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gotta say, for a little drugstore mascara this one packs a punch :) I'm liking it so far, it wears well, it's extremely black and it actually adds volume to my lashes while separating.
Now, I'm not sure about curling, because I personally don't curl my lashes, my lashes have a slight natural curl to them which basically is amplified by any mascara I use.
The only con I would have to say about this product is I don't really like personally the bulky wand :/ I'm used to big wants, but this one seems to just be huge to me o_O It's hard for me to get my bottom lashes without sometimes spreading into my lower eyelid. Other than that little issue, which is most likely caused my wonkey eye shape I love this mascara and I will be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by rinapenguin

I didn't have a problem with the packaging, although it is a little on the clunky side. The main thing is that it doesn't hold my curl. I have straight lashes so I have to do a lot with the eyelash curler before applying mascara. This stuff literally dragged my curl right back to the straightness it was at before. If you have naturally curly lashes this would probably be good though. It didn't clump at all though and I thought the application was nice and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This is my HG mascara! I'm always looking out for other ones, but this one does it all for me- curls, separates and volumizes. I don't even own an eyelash curler! I get asked all the time if I'm wearing false lashes - I just say nope I use CoverGirl mascara. (To be fair I have really long eyelashes, but they aren't as thick as this mascara makes them look).
I'm a fan of very black lashes, so I usually use several coats.
I would repurchase (and have, many times!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Jamie016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara and I'm on my third tube. It gives a lot of volume and does not clump. Because the wand is big, you might get some on your eyelid but it's no big deal because you can get it off easily. It somewhat gives length but its more successful on the volume part. I really recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by miyuster

This is my go-to mascara - I love that it holds the shape of my stubborn asian lashes, that it provides a visible effect even behind my glasses, and since I tear up easily, I love the waterproof aspect. :) I did not give it a full score because my lashes would still lose its curl, but its more my fault, I suppose...?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Winnie15

In my opinion this beats stuff like Diorshow and Bad gal hands down. decent packaging, scent free( unlike the maybelline colossal), awesome mascara that really plumps up your lashes.
p.s i curl my lashes using shu uemura, use this as my first coat, run a lash comb through (i use a metallic one, the plastic ones are no good)use the cover girl lash blast length for my second coat and i LOVE the effect.