October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years, i was really gutted for a while because i thought it had been discontinued but then realised they had just changed the packaging to a bottle with a pump, its a dewy foundation, i've had light-full coverage depending on how much i apply, very buildable with layers and still super natural looking, i usually use a thin layer and then add more to areas that need it, so i can still see my freckles, i usually need to set with powder in my t-zone, my skin is combination so my t-zone can get a bit oily, its usually needs topping up with powder 1-2 times but everywhere else i like to leave looking dewy, it also looks good in photos (i'll add a pic for you) most foundations make me brake out in spots but i find rimmel products always work great with my skin, only down side is the lightest shade isn't that light and i have really pale skin so it only matches my skin tone in the summer or when i wear fake tan

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

This product is fantastic. It looks good in pictures and in real life. It's medium to full coverage but you can sheer it out. However, it broke me out. My friend tried it as well and still broke out. We have totally different skin types. Me acne prone, her not so much. I wish it didn't break us out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by stephaniiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I put this on at about 8 in the morning, went to work for about 7 hours (was very hot), came home and fell asleep (face down on my pillows lol) and it's now 5pm and i just checked my face and it still looks perfect. I have tried so many different foundations that claim to last for ages and none of them have worked as well as this one has. It blends so easily into my skin and has never looked cakey. I do think the colour range could be better but i luckily have found one that suits me at the moment. If anyone reading this is thinking about getting it, I think you defiantly should! 5/5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by celenis

Finally. HG drugstore foundation! I've been really picky about my foundation, but this is just a god-send. I only used to use high-end foundations, mostly from Lancome, but I found that this is sooo worth the price, and I prefer this over other $40+ other foundations out there because of its performance to price ratio! I love the shade, and I love the coverage. It's not full coverage, but medium, and you can build it up. I dont think it's necessarily the most matte foundation for oily skin, but it does hold up pretty well with a bit of touch up throughout the day. I found that if I use airbrush foundation, it works the best. Near full-coverage without looking cakey. Definitely worth the price, definitely will purchase again. I just hope it doesn't discontinue... I'm even thinking of stocking up on it but I don't think that's a good idea lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by hellofrankie

In the last 5 years, I've probably used more than 30 foundations, from Nars, Lancôme, Clinique, MUFE, MAC, Maybelline, l'oreal, covergirl, tarte....the list goes on. If its a mattifying foundation, I've used it. I have a oily T-zone that doesn't know when to stop, so even a mattifying foundation will become *dewy* with a few hours. This foundation is the best long-lasting, matte finish foundation I have ever used. It stays on all day until you are ready for it to come off, it helps your concealer and blush stay on longer too. It does not smudge or run off, it doesn't become patchy. It stays on through sun, sweat, rain, snow and wind. With this, it doesn't even break me out. However. You must be careful about taking this off. I think many are used to a lighter foundation and just think one wash with a cleanser is good enough. Then of course this might break you out! What you need is a makeup remover, then cleanser then toner to get the residue. You cant have it smudge/transfer proof all day then expect it to just fly off your face with one swipe.

It also has no SPF. This isn't an issue for me because I use moisturizer and sunscreen. I recommend the Vichy one if anyone wants a matte sunscreen. Back to this foundation, it works well for photos since there will be no shininess from oil or SPF. It photographs well and doesn't have a white cast.

Apply with your fingers. After trying many methods, I find this is the best way to smooth out the foundation and work it in, a few dots will do it (it is very pigmented). Application is relatively goofproof.

A downside is the limited color selection. Here's the color I wear-
200 beige in rimmel 25 hr
NC25 or C2/3 in MAC
W4 in Loreal True Match
Warm Beige in Covergirl Clean Oil Control
325 Sandstone in Covergirl Natureluxe
210 Sandy Beige in Maybelline Fit Me
22 Natural Beige in Maybelline Aqua Gel Foundation (Asia only)
Medium Beige in Bare Minerals Original Foundation
Medium in Benefit Some-Kinda-Gorgeous
Soft Beige in MUFE Mat Velvet
Bisque W in Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24 hour
Nude Beige in Clinique Superbalanced

....unfortunately I don't have the rest of the foundations I've tried since I threw them away, returned or gifted them to friends who were better suited. Hope this review helps. If you are in the color range, then this foundation is definitely worth trying.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by cliu96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In order to give the most accurate review of this product, I'm compelled to compare/contrast it to the infamous Revlon CS.

Some background on my skin: oily, acne-prone, NC30-35.

COVERAGE: Revlon wins out. That stuff covers EVERYTHING and there is almost no need for concealer. I have tons of blemishes and acne scars and I have no problem putting on that stuff and heading out the door. Revlon is more of a full, I would say Rimmel is medium-full.

FINISH: Rimmel, Rimmel, Rimmel. There's something about this product that makes it look like your skin. This was the main problem I had with CS. CS tends to be cakey, even on my super oily skin, and especially emphasizes dry patches. I find that when I moisturize with the same amount of Olay, Rimmel glides on smoother.

PRICE: Rimmel again. CS is somewhere around $10-11 at Walmart/Target and even more at places like CVS/Walgreens. The max price I've seen for Rimmel is around $8.

SHADES: Revlon obviously wins. Take a look at the shade rack for CS and the one for Rimmel seems pitifully small. For me, however, the color "Soft Beige", which would actually seem too light on my skin, blends in really nicely and brightens up my skin as a whole.

LASTING POWER: Both are about the same, though CS may win by a TINY bit. However, I like how my skin still feels like it can breathe with Rimmel...my face feels suffocated after a few hours of CS.

APPLICATION: I apply CS with my ELF flat-top studio powder brush (LOVE!), and Rimmel with clean fingers. If I had to choose, I would choose Rimmel simply for its convenience and ease of application. CS is definitely one of the tricky foundations--you have to get your application just right, or it will look terrible. Rimmel gives you a little room to experiment, as it doesn't dry as quick.

And the best part is, I haven't had Rimmel break me out, a problem I was having with CS. Rimmel also responds well too a variety of different primers and powders. For me, I prime with Revlon Photoready Perfecting, let it sit on my skin, then apply the Rimmel with fingers. It really gives the most natural finish. I then use a sponge (which I find doesn't cake up as easily as a kabuki) to mix Maybelline Dream Matte and Kryolan Anti-Shine--and voila, the makeup stays on all day and me and my oily skin are happy as clams.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Lasting Finish 25 was the first foundation I bought when I began to toy around with make up. This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations and the price is brilliant.

-PACKAGING-
It comes in a nice glass pump bottle, looks very nice but does get grubby easily.

-SHADE SELECTION-
This foundation stands out as it has a few more shades than other brands. One thing I do not like is the way the shades are in most stores, they jump from a medium tan to a very dark brown which I feel leaves people of another race at a disadvantage.

-COVERAGE-
This foundation has a full coverage and can be built even from there, great if you need to cover a certain spot more than another, it also blends easily. All I can say is if you do not like thick make up I suggest using this sparingly as otherwise you will look cakey .

-PRICE-
The price of this foundation is fabulous, it ranges from £5-£8, which is amazing for the quality you get out of this product.

-WEAR TIME-
This foundation can most definitely be worn all day, but I recommend being careful with the amount of powder you use as I have noticed that an accidental over powder can lead to the foundation to look like it's cracking. This product however would not last 25 hours in a standard day.

-OVERALL VERDICT-
A great foundation for people who are just starting out with make up and for people who are looking for a little more coverage than your average foundation. I highly recommend this foundation. It says it works for all skin types and from what I have seen it really does. Worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this product, I was in love. I only like foundation with FULL coverage. However this just looked so cakey and felt so thick I had to throw it away the other day. I'm not sure if it's the weather or something else but the cakeyness was ridiculous. The rube packaging was sooooo annoying! The foundation would leek out and overall it was hard to use. I probably won't buy this again unless it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by devildogs_doll

I have a drawer full of foundations...FULL...Yet, I always come back to this foundation. I guess because it's cheap some stupid part of me always thinks the $60 foundation I go out and buy is going to be better, but seriously - this stuff holds its own.

My skin is on the dryer side of normal and I have acne scarring, occasional outbreaks (nothing to do with the foundation I use. I have worn NO makeup and had breakouts and tried every foundation under the sun almost and still have them. They are hormonal) and at 34, I have wrinkles. Yet, this foundation just works so well with the mess that is my skin sometimes.

I put moisturizer on underneath and apply this over with a wedge sponge. Does it really last 25 hours? Probably not unless you are a mannequin who never sweats, never touches your face, etc. but the point is - it lasts longer than any foundation in my arsenal. This is wonderful, wonderful stuff for ladies, like me, who put on makeup only to find it all disappearing an hour later. I just bought some because our local store had it on clearance for $2 so seriously...why NOT try it at that price? Thank God I did. I'm on my third tube and will probably buy many more.

I have product-loving friends who have given me the stank eye for suggesting anything that isn't MAC (heaven forbid), but when I revealed this was the stuff I was wearing on my face and they KNOW how awful my skin is - I changed a few minds. I am using shade 100 (Ivory). Product description on the back of the tube: "Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with a revitalizing mineral complex and moisturizing aqua primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day."

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Catdowns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first product review on this site [in general I hate writing reviews, which is lame, because I always read reviews before purchasing everything.]
Anyhoot - summer decided to start extra early this year, and for whatever reason, my face sweats more than normal. At least I think so. I go to a lot of events where, even in the winter, it can be a very sweaty situation. I also have some mild rosacea which only looks worse in these situations. After having seen my face in several pictures from these events, I knew I needed to do something. I looked red and sweaty. Not cool. After browsing on here for hours, I decided my best bet was this, especially because I needed something asap, and I live right near a drugstore. I'm not a huge fan of foundation, so it will take some getting used to...but the coverage is great. Seriously, in a picture my skin looks really nice. I have the ultimate combination skin where my t-zone gets super oily and everything else is excessively dry. With this foundation I had no problem with breakouts, and no flaking. My problem with this foundation though...it doesn't want to stay on my nose. My nose sweats the most, and that's when the foundation becomes really obvious and strange looking. Otherwise, the foundation dries quickly everywhere else and really doesn't budge. For now I'm sticking with it because it's the best one I've owned...and it completely hides my hot red cheeks. I do worry a little bit about the thickness of it though, and how I may look to others up close. I'm going to work on mixing it with a light moisturizer.