Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 12/20/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just started wearing foundation for the first time in years. I don't wear powder at all. I am experimenting with a couple of primers that I hope are waterproof, but usually I wear this foundation without primer.

I wanted something to cover my genetically-blue, pronounced undereye circles, without having to cover my whole face. I also needed something that was not only waterproof and sweatproof, but also tolerant of applications of lotion during the day. I wear gas permeable contact lenses, so the product had to stay put in case of tearing eyes and contact removal and reinsertion. Finally, I wanted something from a cruelty-free company.

I chose my shade, #201 "Classic Beige" by holding up all the tubes next to my reflection in the mirror at the store. Now that my summer tan is fading to a winter tan, I'll probably go get a lighter shade.

I use a tiny amount on a stiff brush (the Essence of Beauty smokey/crease eye shadow brush) and apply it in arcs following the blue circles, blending it outward in all directions. Using the brush, I'm best able to control how the color gets deposited, which may be why I don't have any trouble with it settling into creases or pores like others here say they do. I found it more difficult to apply with just my fingers.
The same seems to be true of my other waterproof products, even the ones that come in a creamy pencil form, like Milani Shadow Eyez.

I put it on after I wash my face in the morning. I exercise hard and get sweaty pretty much every day. I might bike, lift weights, take an aerobics class, do yoga, or run for hours on the beach. If I don't scrub my face in the shower, it's still perfect when I take off my eye makeup before bed. I can even reapply my lotion without disturbing it. Just exactly what I wanted.

It doesn't completely eliminate the blue by itself, but almost. If I have the time, I use a yellow color corrector underneath (also waterproof, either Maybelline or NYX).

It never irritates any part of my face, and it has hardly any smell.

Sometimes I use it on my eyelids as its own color, so that I can use a darker color in the crease and on the browbone without it transferring to my bare eyelid. Sometimes I use it as a foundation to waterproof cream eye shadows.

The packaging is a little awkward; it's easy to squeeze out too much and make a mess, so I had to develop a routine to deal with it. I store the tube standing on the crimp end so that I don't get surprised by a rush of product when I open it. Then I control how much comes out by continuing to hold the tube in that position, while resting my brush against the opening and squeezing very slowly. That's a bit of a pain. I'm not really sure what would work better, maybe a glass bottle or a little jar that I could dip the brush into (and that other people could put their fingers in). I'll probably put mine into such a container eventually. I'm always repackaging things that I find unsatisfactory. :)

on 12/20/2012 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I haven't worn foundation in awhile. I usually use BB creams. So when going back to a full coverage foundation is a pretty big switch. This foundation is very matte, which I'm fine with, but the full coverage combined with the matte aspect of this foundation made the skin look very dull and flat. It also very much looks like makeup. I applied with a damp BB and it still appeared heavy and mask like. Its also very sticky and absolutely needs to be set with powder. I can't imagine a super matte formula + powder would work for dry skin but it certainly didn't work with my oily skin either. I couldn't recommend this to anyone with aging skin because it does settle the creases beneath my eye and looks very obvious. I can't imagine this would do well with fine lines. Considering that this foundation appeared very matte on my skin I assumed it would work well with my oily skin. It did not. This foundation completely failed to live up to its 25 hour claim and began to wear off after a few short hours. I was really disappointed. Another problem with this foundation is that the packaging is awful. I thought a squeeze tube would be convenient but instead it just leaks all over the place without being squeezed and makes a big mess.
Overall, a rather pricey drugstore foundation that I can't recommend to anyone. No thanks, Rimmel.

on 12/19/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim because I watched a You tube video on applying make up (themakeupchair watch her!) Her face looked fabulous, so I went and bought it that night. It's been a week and my face has never been happier with a liquid foundation! :) it covers great and my sensitive skin has no complaints. I just apply it like a lotion with clean hands after my burts bees sensitive skin moisturizer

on 12/19/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at Harmon's Beauty Discount for $3.99 and figured it must be new, let me give it a try. It is pretty decent I use the primer fix pro under it because it was also 3.99. Didnt see much of difference wih or without it but the foundation is very well! I went to go buy another tube and it was $5.99! The only complaints I have about this foundation is that you go through it very fast. The tub it comes in, if you are not careful and leave the cap off, will send the foundation spilling out the hole. If you squeeze a tiny bit too hard it will come flowing out and the hole is just a small dot so you cannot do anything but smeer more into your face or just wipe it away. Thats the reason I gave it a 3 star, not 5. Thats the only unfortunate part, the foundation does stay for a really long time and it covers nicely!

on 12/17/2012 6:53:00 PM

I read about this on the boards and some ladies seemed to like it. I was in the market for a new foundation and this seemed like a safe cheap bet but I have to say this is one of the worst foundations I've tried even for drugstore quality it's poor. I don't have sensitive skin, hardly anything ever aggravates mine but this burned a bit going on. I have combo skin...more on the normal side of combo too, not extremely oily in my t-zone but this made my face into an oil slick in no time flat as well. Packaging wise it's in a tube and I found that it oozed quite a bit, excess would seep out and be wasted. I tried it out a few times before just tossing it in the trash. It was cheap but still a complete waste of money unfortunately.

on 12/17/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What a suprise! I was in need of a foundation that has better coverage than the ones I have. (Before Rimmel 25 hours, I had NARS Sheer Matte and Revlon Photoready)

I searched online to find a foundation that has good coverage and not too pricy, I saw a lot of people recommend this foundation. I was thinking, whatever, it's cheap, might as well give it a try. And, wow, I'm pleasantly surprised.

It definitely has more than medium coverage, and it gives your face a nice matte finish. I don't use concealers, and this foundation is good enough to cover up my redness/acne scars/ pores.

I'd recommend and repurchase. For 7 USD, it can't get any better than this.

Amazing.. so inexpensive! Really does last all day! The coverage is great, and is easily buildable, I recommend this for all skin types especially oily skin as it sits in place all day without getting that slimy, oily foundation feeling! Only thing i don't like about this foundation and rimmel in general is that there is no real pale color, the lightest color is still very dark! Defiantly worth a try!

on 12/14/2012 7:36:00 AM

It's neither drying nor is it moisturizing but the coverage is impresssive! I am sorry I have not tried this sooner. Recommend adding moisturizer or sunscrean for a creamier more polished look in winter. Good stuff!

on 12/12/2012 4:33:00 AM

Well, i have tried possibly every 'cheaper' foundation available in Australia, and this is one of my favourites.
I have combination/oily skin, and normally, i stay in the safe zone, with my Revlon Colorstay, but doing my final year in school means i can't afford to spend much on foundation, so while i was out on the hunt, i came across this foundation, and decided, after looking on this site, that i would give it a go, and i found it to be wonderful.
I've been wearing it for a while now, and it doesn't break me out, it provides excellent coverage over my pesty spots and blemishes, lasts all day, from when i get up to when i go to bed, and today i was out in the boiling heat for most of the day, got back, and it hadn't moved!
Not even as i sweated like a cooked spud! so i was impressed.

I gave the foundation a 4 because of it's limited colour range, i went with the ivory, slightly worried that it would be clearly pink based when i need yellow based, but when i applied it and let it sit for a bit, it didn't look pink at all, it's a perfect match! so that was a relief! but i'm still not impressed by the limited colour range.

on 12/6/2012 4:55:00 AM

I bought this foundation today as I was sick of my maybelline superstay, it just wasn't doing what it used to do for me. and would get really pink after half an hour.

after reading reviews, i decided to buy this in 100 ivory (because im just, white). 90% of the time, foundations i buy will not be good on my skin. buuuuut this stuff is so good.

I usually tone my face, moisturise, then put primer on, then yellow eye concealer. i also have seborrheic dermatitis (like, skin flaking) on my nose, which every foundation makes it stand out. although i just started re-using my cream for it, this foundation made my nose look perfect. Rimmel has always been a really good brand, I think i need to buy more of their products.

This foundation literally looks like skin on my face which is amazing. People say revlon colorstay is better ? Colorstay is the worst foundation I have ever used. Lasting finish is soooo much better. I would say it's medium - full coverage, it covered pretty well with about 1-2 layers. It blends really well. firstly tried with a stippling brush, didn't work well with that, switched to a foundation brush and its like, perfect. The top of mine doesn't get messy (tube version). I also shake it before i use it because the main ingredient is water so yeah.

Overall i'm really happy with this foundation, i put it on about 5 hours ago probably, and it still looks the same. I'll be taking it off soon though. Going to a party tomorrow, I'll test it for that, for about 12 hours and update this review to see how well it lasts. Also i get an oily t-zone and it doesnt feel oily. Great foundation, was only about $18 (Australia) which is fairly cheap.