July 23, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall Rating 4; Price 2; Packaging Quality 5; Would you buy this product again? No

I bought this foundation because I wanted a long-lasting foundation that would be good for nights out & that had no spf for pictures and hopefully work well for daytime too. I had heard several youtube gurus rave about this, especially dazzledust25 and emilynoel. It was pretty cheap at around $7/8 at CVS so i decided to give it a try. Overally, I thought it was quite good: lasted for a very long time, matte finish, covered well, didn't get oily or breakout. I found that it was a bit tricky to apply in that it seems to work best when applied with fingers - because it has a bit of a waxy texture (in a good, full coverage way) it spreads much more easily if the body heat from your hand warms it up a bit first; while it can be applied with a brush or sponge it tends to look cakey if you aren't super careful. However that isn't a dealbreaker for me and in fact, it would have been nearly everything I was looking for except for one thing - the color; I am quite pale with cool pink & blue undertones, and even with the lightest shade, this foundation looked like orange dirt had been smeared on my face. If I remember correctly there are only a few shade and most are quite yellow-neutral toned so I think many people will find that the colors available won't match their skin. The horrible color match combined with the issue mentioned above with application are the reasons that I won't buy again & why i rated it an overall 4 - while each issue by itself isn't enough to take off a full lippie, together I think it warrants it. So close to being a great foundation, but not quite there.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chengbo

This product made my face look flawless but It also made my face really oily than normal during the day. And I could also feel the product break down during the day. I would say this a medium to full coverage. It could look cakey if you apply too much. I applied this in the morning and during the day my face would feel really itchy and I would feel bumps. When I got home and looked in the mirror I was shocked! My face was covered in red patches with huge zits even after when I stopped using it, it was still itching for a few weeks and it left acne scars on my face. Will not be buying this again, but I could see how it would work on not acne prone skin though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zooming

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually a pretty good foundation. I normally use Estée Lauder DW and I thought I would give this a try. I have dry skin and this feels great, no tightness and very blendable and buildable to the coverage I needed. The staying power was great lasted all day for work. I may repurchase since the price is right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. It lasts just as long if not longer than the Revlon Colorstay, but it feels so much lighter! With colorstay I can definitely feel that there is a layer of something on my skin, which generally doesn't bother me, but with this, I can't feel anything at all. It is a little runny, but it's not a huge problem. Also, the packaging is so much better than Revlons because its a squeeze tube! So good.
Only downside is color selection sucks if you super pale or dark

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by emilyvokey

This was my first time using anything from Rimmel London, and I was not impressed at all. I tried out the 100 Ivoy shade, it looked like it would match my skin tone, but it doesn't at all. Its about two shades lighter, and I'm fairly light as it is. I applied it with my finger tips, and it did not seem to spread all that well onto my face. As for its "light weight feel" it felt very heavy on my hands, and even more so on my face. It feels thick and makes me feel like I am wearing a mask. I would definitely not buy this item again, and I am so thankful that it was on sale when I did purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

The foundation does last for very long indeed, not sure about 25 hour since I haven't ever worn it that long and I don't intend to either. This foundation is color tricky for me(200). In the tube it looks darker than it actually is. When I apply it, it's very pale on me. It oxidized later and matches so it's fine. But if you wear it for a very long time it turns orange. Other than that it's amazing. Good coverage, can be built up, goes on smooth and easy. Sometimes I find it a little thick on my skin so if that bothers you, you can find another foundation that can be better

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by cy4nide

I use Ivory (100) which when I hold the bottle to my face doesn't look like a match and tbh it probably isn't. I used to wear too much of this and it would make me orange but as my skin has cleared I use less and it still gives coverage and it looks like it matches my skin more. I'm quite pale so I would say it gives medium coverage.

I apply with my fingers, goes on really nicely, smoothly, sort of creamy in a way. Settles in my eyelid creases sometimes but easily remedied. Really easy to blend and I feel like it does good for my skin too it says 'hydrates' on the bottle I think and it doesn't make me break out.

Love the bottle, I think everyone loves a nice hygienic pump :)

The price is good though it's about £6-£8 from my local ASDA

Not only does the amount in the bottle last a long time but it does on my face also, I think it could go 25 hours if I was awake that long! I wear it for about 10 hours a day with a bit of concealer on top and some powder to set it. I think one time I was out nearly all day it was creeping up to 24 hours and I got in and thought it still looked good! Whether the 25 hours thing is a play on 'all day' or literal I'm not sure lol

All in all, it could be cheaper, and it could be in a lighter shade but I'm on my second bottle and I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Silvia8329

I was looking for an inexpensive drugstore foundation. This works well for me but I can see how it would be drying for some. I have an oily t-zone and acne prone skin. It has not made me break out. I did notice a slight itching sensation the first few days but that stopped-no clue if it was related to the foundation. I apply it with a moist cosmetic sponge and I don't use a lot. I don't see how you could apply this with your fingers without having a splotchy mess on your face. It dries quickly. I like the packaging because it is simple and easy to keep the opening clean.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dippindotsareyum

WOH WOH WOH! there is seriously something funky in this foundation cos every time i use it my face burns and tingles around my cheek bones and forehead.

Good full coverage and lasts all day however this stuff gets SO CAKEY! it starts off dewy and flawless and after 12 hours it looks so matte and caked up. this stuff dried out my face so that it was peeling EVERYWHERE and i looked so horrible!

if you buy this please please try this out on a day when you are at home and see how this wears on your skin so you won't be embarrassed.

Not exactly dirt cheap and still pretty expensive for a terribly packaged bottle of embarrassment + funky ingredients + cake face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic foundation. Everything I wished Colorstay was.. but wasn't. Lasts all day, looks natural. Full coverage, yet does not feel or look like a mask on your face. Comes off without scrubbing (I use evoo). It does have a limited number of colors, but I had no problem finding one to match. Goes on easily with a brush. Great packaging, squeeze tube so no mess. Dries quickly, but not so quick that it streaks. Matte finish.