December 22, 2014 | 1497 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good product. Smells nice and defitely feels gel like. Works okay on my skin. Not that moisturizing despite the name. However, it doesn't compare to clinique's ddmg and I would prefer if it didn't include fragrance. All in all a fair product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by AmyReneeWV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall, it's decent and priced fairly, but it just doesn't do much for my combo skin. I have to put a lot on my face for it to do much. It doesn't break me out, so thats good. After I run out I'll continue the search for a good night cream/gel to use...this definitely wouldn't be moisturizing enough for daytime use, especially with make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by icypixie137

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It keeps my skin from getting all flaky and gross. However, when I use it around my nose, it sometimes causes me to break out in the crease between my nostril and cheek. Other than this, however, I have no complaints. It is a good product overall. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought I loved this product because it didn't break me out and it made my skin feel really soft and smooth. But after using it for a few months I realized that my face was essentially SPEWING oil just a few hours after applying. It also just wasn't moisturizing enough for my combo skin, especially after washing in the morning. I went back to a lotion moisturizer and the excessive oil stopped. It's too bad because I really like the idea of a gel moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by brittany52992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ive just started using this stuff and i love it so far! i love the way it feels on my face. its so light weight. and i love the cool feeling it gives me. i have oily skin and it doesnt make it more oily. ill probably keep using this stuff:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is super interesting, and I think I am a fan. Now I haven't used it forever but if anything bad happens I will definitely update. I own Clinique Moisture Surge which I do love, but haven't used recently. I'm too afraid of using it all up. It's a great product, but it doesn't work miracles and I think it's way overpriced. So I stopped using it in my skincare regimen, but now I need some moisture, and I am kind of against almost every moisturizer. Unless you have dry skin I see no need for them. So I picked this up and tested it last night. I did my usual skin routine and then before bed put this on my chin. I woke up and there was a difference between my chin/the rest of my face. My chin felt softer, more matte, and just looked healthier. Maybe it was just my eyes lol. But anyway, this morning I tested it out on my whole face. The alcohol (I think because it's denat. alcohol) is not drying AT ALL. I mean, maybe this will be drying if you have dry skin - but if you have really dry skin why would you want a gel moisturizer? It's very gel-liquidy, more than the moisture surge I believe. Personally I love it. I love the ingredients except for one thing - fragrance. If this didn't have it, it would be PERFECT. But, my skin is not sensitive to fragrance so it's fine. I recommend this.

edit: I still recommend this but after a few days I have decided it's not for me. Like, it really doesn't help moisturize my skin. Didn't break me out or anything but the fragrance gets annoying and it's TOO much of a gel like it's too liquidy. I really prefer moisture surge! I hate the damn price tag though, lol. I will continue to use this on my body or something, idk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

I have been using this product for a while, and I recently purchased it again because I really do like it. First, it smells really nice. I like the light, fresh scent it has and it smells very natural and light. I use it both day and night, and it really does have a refreshing feel to it. What I think this moisturizer really has going for it is the consistency and the light-weight feeling it has on the skin. I also love the packaging; the screw-on cap container works well for this product.

Even though it claims to be a highly moisturizing product, it works surprisingly well on my oily T-Zone, yet it does add the moisture I need in my drier areas. I think this is because it is a gel formula, so it absorbs super fast but still does give moisture. It is oil-free, which I really like since my skin can breakout with some skin products if they aren't. I have also purchased the Clinique Moister Surge before, and I really liked that as well but this product is so much cheaper and works the same so I will stick to this. One more thing, this product works AMAZINGLY under makeup:)

Overall a really great skincare product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by littlemo04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much, but it wasn't a win for me.

Pros: Only $7 at the grocery store. The texture is great, and I love the smell and the cool feeling when I applied it but that is where the good ends.
Cons: Broke me out into small red pimples, on my face and neck (ick). Wasn't moisturizing enough for my face. Kind of burned a little when it dried.

I'm glad this worked great for others but for me this was a big flop. My search continues. I'll probably give it to my husband to use on his face or maybe just use it as a hand cream till it's gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by prabha100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not emollient enough for my dry skin. In fact, I don't think it does anything to reduce dryness on me. I do like the smell and the fact that it sinks in right away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Meredita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a nice basic moisturizer! It's wonderful if you're like me and you want to get ready fast in the morning: it is the consistency of hair gel, spreads very easily, and sinks in rapidly. The texture is fun, and it is a luminous honeydew melon color. If you don't want to dip your fingers in the jar, you can give it a good shake and then use the gel that sticks to the lid.

I like that it DOESN'T have sunscreen. I hate moisturizers with a token spf 20; I'm always afraid that they will react with the substantial titanium/zinc sunscreens I like to use. This Garnier stuff goes on light and fresh, and it helps your sunscreen blend in smoothly without drying your skin out. I like to put on L'Occitane sunscreen veil or Josie Maran argan oil sunscreen over it. It seems to be made for layering. It's also nice on your legs after shaving.

Cons:

- not super emollient - it's not going to save chapped skin or banish those wrinkles around your eyes.
- doesn't give me really glowing skin.