September 2, 2014 | 1201 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by xhanabi

I love gel-creme type of moisturizers, so this one is no exception. It's light and moisturizing enough for my combination skin. Smells fresh and absorbs quick. Works for me, but for those who want something more moisturizing would need to look a little further. This is a decent moisturizing gel with a low price tag that keeps me happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by songy67

The texture of this reminds me of The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (which is more of a gel than a cream anyway), and this helps keep my oily skin matte yet hydrated all day long, just as well, for a fraction of the price! My local CVS had a sale plus $1-off coupons, so I picked up two jars for $4 for 1.7oz/ 4g each. It has a light, refreshing fragrance that reminds me of floral, cucumber-scented soap. The jar packaging is sturdy and of decent quality, but I dislike having to dip my fingers into the jar (feels unhygienic even with clean fingers), so instead I give it a shake and use what ends up stuck to the lid. It's definitely not hydrating enough for a nighttime moisturizer but it is perfect for the daytime, and I use it as the first step in my skincare routine, as a primer under my makeup. Highly recommend this product!
Edit: I took off one lippie because it seems to be strangely drying, even on my combination/ oily skin. Plus, the fact that it has no spf and requires me to layer on a sunscreen/ other moisturizer with spf is a bit annoying. I mainly use this on my t-zone these days for oil control - which it still does a great job at!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to say straight from the start that I bought this solely because of price AND I can get it at my local Wal-greens or Wal-Mart. I recently was using Atopalm which is expensive for a small amount ($20 for 1 ounce) and I have to order online. Money means a lot these days and I have to save where I can.

That being said, this was a pleasant surprise. The texture is a gel and it sinks into skin very quick. You just need a little and it keeps me from getting dry patches (hard for me to find) and gives me a great canvas for makeup application. Previously I have gotten red from certain lotions and this doesn't make me red or blotchy at all. I never thought of garnier as a great skin care line but I will definitely check out other items from this brand due to the moisture rescue experience. Surprised that I would ever be satisified with a drug store moisturizer but this is a winner! Price was $4.99 with a coupon. I will update if I have any issues. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kmstudnicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This gel-cream moisturizer is great for my combination skin. It doesn't add shine to my t-zone, which I love. It is a little pricey for me (seeing as I'm a full time college student and price is everything!) but a little goes a long way and this little jar will last a long time.
I wasn't expecting a miracle product but this does everything I need it to. It softens my skin and adds moisture to my face without making it feel oily.
I will definitely buy again, if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used about half of the jar, and I can say that yes it moisturizes ok and it absorbs quickly. BUT, it makes my face shiny. I don't have super oily skin and don't have problems with shinyness other than occasionally in the tzone. This makes my WHOLE face shiny. Sad, because I really liked the gel texture and the cooling feeling when applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by rocksister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best moisturizer for my skin type! I have tried countless other moisturizers before I found this one, and this one was the best bar none! It's very light; not greasy and it dries up quickly and moisturizes just as fast. My skin has definitely improved using this every morning!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by therightamt

Love this stuff! My T-zone is always oily and my cheeks have been soooo dry the past few months and this stuff is great. I love how it has like a cooling feel to it when you put it on. There is a light clean fragrant scent to it. Non irritating as some other moisturizers tend to be on my skin. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the product seems to be used up fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!! I have exremely dry skin around my nose and cheeks, and this works wonders for my skin. I also use the facewash, and the day moisturizer with spf. They are all fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I got this moisturizer for free and I really like it. Melts into your skin and feels so lightweight. Used to use Olay complete for sensitive skin, but I really like this better. Photographs nice too since it contains no sunscreen. Garnier makes the moisture rescue lotion with an spf too, but my foundation already has one so its redundant to have both. Smells nice, softens skin, and makes makeup application a breeze even with no primer. Its around 8 or 9 at most walgreens.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sam9745

I love this stuff! I have acne prone skin, and it didn't break me out whatsoever or make me too greasy or anything like that. also, acts as a wonderful base for makeup. It leaves my skin smooth and soft, and not sticky or filmy, so makeup goes on top of it perfectly. this stuff also dries very quickly so you don't feel like you have a layer of stuff on your face while you wait for it to dry. I understand the complaints about the packaging, but it doesn't really bother me. I like the glass container, and it reminds me of the clinique gel cream. just to mention one other thing, i bought garnier's moisture rescue lightweight lotion in the pump bottle. that one i like but the gel cream in my opinion is much better!