Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 10/4/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

ABSOLUTE musthave. I guess I have normal dark undereye circles, but for some reason they have always bothered me. I have really tried a LOT of different products, but I am in love with this one from Garnier. The cold metal feels so cooling against your sensitive eye-area, and the formula is very fluid in a perfect way - I find that most under-eye concealers tend to be very thick and bad for such sensitive skin. I use this every single day, and cannot live without it. It's a GREAT substitute for the YSL Touché Éclat - and much cheaper.
I would recommend to bring it along in your bag, if you're really dependent on under-eye concealers, as it can wear a bit off during the day, but to me it's not a problem. Go buy!!!!!

on 10/2/2011 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this product because I was looking for something to conceal my dark circles as quickly as possible. I normally use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector which I love, but on most day I can't be bothered to apply make up, yet I do want to apply something to my dark circles, so I look a bit more awake. This eye roller is excellent for that. It does not cover my dark circles completey, yet it brightens up the undereye area and it also covers the dark circles slightly. It is very light and easy to apply. I have it in the light version, and it is slightly too dark for my skin (MAC F&B N1, NARS Siberia), but because it's so light and because it blends in very well, I can still wear it without it looking obvious.
The major problem I have with this product is that it contains a fairly large amount of alcohol. I try to avoid alcohol in my skincare products because it's bad for your skin and because my skin is very sensitive. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this product, yet I would prefer it if there was no alcohol in this product.

Edit 13/05/2013: I still use and love this. However, I really want to replace this with a similar product without the alcohol. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know :)

on 9/27/2011 8:41:00 AM

Well, i must admit thaat if I had gotten the product without tint I doubt I would have saw much result. I can't say much for the actual 'potion', don't think it really depuffs or removes dark circles...considering putting it in the fridge nd seeing how thaat works.
However, the tint is perfect for my skintone, doesn't look thick and makeupy like my MAC concealer, and my man always comments on how somthing looks different and how I look pretty. Sometimes he says I look chinita which is how I know he's reffering to the effects of the roller.
Anyways, I like it.. would buy again...anyone tried putting it in the fridge?

UPDATE:
after using this product for a while i have noticed it considerably clogs the pores under my eyes. yuck!
Still using as this is quick, easy, and fits in my purse but at the end of the day, i wish it didn't do that!

on 9/26/2011 8:12:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. After reading a lot of positive reviews before I bought it, I was a little disappointed to find that it didn't cover my reddish-purplish circles super well. It (in Sheer Tint) is a little yellow for my skin tone, as well.
HOWEVER. I've recently started applying it before my tinted moisturiser and regular concealer, and I'm truly impressed. It provides a really smooth primer-like base for the concealer, and, underneath the tinted moisturiser, covers enough of my dark circles so that I don't have to use excessive amounts of concealer.
Packaging is a little messy, and it can be awkward getting the right amount of product off the roller ball, but the ball itself feels amazingly smooth and cool. I haven't noticed any improvement in my dark circles, but then, I wasn't really expecting that I would.
EDIT: Since I wrote this review, I've found a perfect corrector which I use instead of this for under my concealer. This Garnier product is really too orange for my skin tone, and therefore accentuates the circles more than it covers them. I only use this if I'm going for an early morning walk, or as an eyelid primer (which works pretty well, actually.) Not my favourite product, to say the least.

on 9/26/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have severe dark circles so this product does not completely cover them. However, it does lighten and brighten them a little. It has enough effect to make using the product worth it to me, plus it's just so easy to use. Just roll it under your eyes and pat (don't rub) it in. Once it's there, it seems to stay put without caking or smearing. No special setting powder or fancy application technique required, which I love. It won't start looking funny as the day wears on and it won't be obvious that you're wearing something under your eyes. A lot does come out if you just roll it right on, but it is possible to do "half" a roll so that less comes out. It's effective, easy, and low-fuss. Kind of expensive for drugstore but a good product.

on 9/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First off I want to say that I didn't buy this product to help with my dark circles in the long run. Looking at the ingredients I don't think this will do. I bought it as a concealer as I have seen some online swatches and pictures which were looking promising. I usually do not use drugstore brands (don't want to sound like a cosmetic snob here) and use mostly organic/natural and high end brands. I was really surprised by how well this conceals my mild circles and blue vein under my eye. Even after hours it still doesn't look cakey or creases. It looks so natural and matches my skintone perfectly. I am in LOVE!It's so easy to apply. I just roll it on and dab in with my ringfinger-Perfection!:)

on 9/26/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Edit: Took one lippie off because while this is a pretty decent concealer, it doesn't help at all with reducing dark circles.
I got the sheer tint for most skin tones. I really like it. It has sheer coverage but boy, it looks so natural. When I first put it on, it's so cool, almost like a cold feeling when on contact with skin. Very refreshing! I have not noticed if it's helping with decreasing dark circles yet but as a concealer it is pretty decent. :) Try it!!!

on 9/26/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! Would you believe it has replaced my YSL Touche Eclat?! Great light coverage. Looks sooo natural. Feels good too under my eyes. Like it is waking them up! Highly recommend! I am olive skinned Latina for reference.

on 9/25/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just recently added this product to my collection and I won't be repurchasing. I had received misleading information on Garnier's animal testing policy and that really disappointed me.

on 9/23/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, very cooling when you apply it and covers mild-moderate dark circles. I use this as my eye cream in my skin care regimen (i use a separate concealer, but i dont think i will have to now!)

My only gripe is that I HATE the packaging. I dont know if I got a bad one or something but SO MUCH product comes out. I try storing upright and nothing changes it, every time i open to top the stuff is leaking out everywhere and i barely use half a swipe for each eye because so much product comes out!