Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 9/27/2011 8:41:00 AM

Well, i must admit thaat if I had gotten the product without tint I doubt I would have saw much result. I can't say much for the actual 'potion', don't think it really depuffs or removes dark circles...considering putting it in the fridge nd seeing how thaat works.
However, the tint is perfect for my skintone, doesn't look thick and makeupy like my MAC concealer, and my man always comments on how somthing looks different and how I look pretty. Sometimes he says I look chinita which is how I know he's reffering to the effects of the roller.
Anyways, I like it.. would buy again...anyone tried putting it in the fridge?

UPDATE:
after using this product for a while i have noticed it considerably clogs the pores under my eyes. yuck!
Still using as this is quick, easy, and fits in my purse but at the end of the day, i wish it didn't do that!

on 9/26/2011 8:12:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. After reading a lot of positive reviews before I bought it, I was a little disappointed to find that it didn't cover my reddish-purplish circles super well. It (in Sheer Tint) is a little yellow for my skin tone, as well.
HOWEVER. I've recently started applying it before my tinted moisturiser and regular concealer, and I'm truly impressed. It provides a really smooth primer-like base for the concealer, and, underneath the tinted moisturiser, covers enough of my dark circles so that I don't have to use excessive amounts of concealer.
Packaging is a little messy, and it can be awkward getting the right amount of product off the roller ball, but the ball itself feels amazingly smooth and cool. I haven't noticed any improvement in my dark circles, but then, I wasn't really expecting that I would.
EDIT: Since I wrote this review, I've found a perfect corrector which I use instead of this for under my concealer. This Garnier product is really too orange for my skin tone, and therefore accentuates the circles more than it covers them. I only use this if I'm going for an early morning walk, or as an eyelid primer (which works pretty well, actually.) Not my favourite product, to say the least.

on 9/26/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have severe dark circles so this product does not completely cover them. However, it does lighten and brighten them a little. It has enough effect to make using the product worth it to me, plus it's just so easy to use. Just roll it under your eyes and pat (don't rub) it in. Once it's there, it seems to stay put without caking or smearing. No special setting powder or fancy application technique required, which I love. It won't start looking funny as the day wears on and it won't be obvious that you're wearing something under your eyes. A lot does come out if you just roll it right on, but it is possible to do "half" a roll so that less comes out. It's effective, easy, and low-fuss. Kind of expensive for drugstore but a good product.

on 9/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First off I want to say that I didn't buy this product to help with my dark circles in the long run. Looking at the ingredients I don't think this will do. I bought it as a concealer as I have seen some online swatches and pictures which were looking promising. I usually do not use drugstore brands (don't want to sound like a cosmetic snob here) and use mostly organic/natural and high end brands. I was really surprised by how well this conceals my mild circles and blue vein under my eye. Even after hours it still doesn't look cakey or creases. It looks so natural and matches my skintone perfectly. I am in LOVE!It's so easy to apply. I just roll it on and dab in with my ringfinger-Perfection!:)

on 9/26/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Edit: Took one lippie off because while this is a pretty decent concealer, it doesn't help at all with reducing dark circles.
I got the sheer tint for most skin tones. I really like it. It has sheer coverage but boy, it looks so natural. When I first put it on, it's so cool, almost like a cold feeling when on contact with skin. Very refreshing! I have not noticed if it's helping with decreasing dark circles yet but as a concealer it is pretty decent. :) Try it!!!

on 9/26/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! Would you believe it has replaced my YSL Touche Eclat?! Great light coverage. Looks sooo natural. Feels good too under my eyes. Like it is waking them up! Highly recommend! I am olive skinned Latina for reference.

on 9/25/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just recently added this product to my collection and I won't be repurchasing. I had received misleading information on Garnier's animal testing policy and that really disappointed me.

on 9/23/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, very cooling when you apply it and covers mild-moderate dark circles. I use this as my eye cream in my skin care regimen (i use a separate concealer, but i dont think i will have to now!)

My only gripe is that I HATE the packaging. I dont know if I got a bad one or something but SO MUCH product comes out. I try storing upright and nothing changes it, every time i open to top the stuff is leaking out everywhere and i barely use half a swipe for each eye because so much product comes out!

Unfortunately, his did not have enough coverage for my undereye circles and also couldn't come up with a strong enough brightening luminizing effect like my beloved Touche Eclat. I would have loved to find a cheaper dupe! Anyways, I think is a product for someone who doesn't have severe undereyeshadows, hence not for me. It does have a nice cooling effect and doesn't creep into fine lines, though.

on 9/19/2011 8:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product was "stuck" in the begining, but worked after a very vigorous shake.

I was surprised that the coverage is pretty high, if you have only light undereye circles, this is enough for you. Application is easy but not so sanitary. The pigments are not as fine as "real" concealers, it's rather thick, I usually blend it with a damp sponge for a natural finish. Not very easy to blend and cakey in my opinion.

Not bad but i prefer finer pigments.