BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If any of you have sensitive, watery eyes like me you know how important a good eye primer is! This product is pretty good, but of course it could be better. I was very excited to try it because unlike any other primer I have used, it is tinted just like a concealer. That part of stay-don't-stray I do love love love! It goes on nicely and does stay put for the most part. On hot days I do notice some creasing under my eye, but it does work better than other primers i have tried. The packaging is cute, and functional. It comes in a pump, just make sure you use half a pump because a little goes a long way with this product, My mom also purchased this and says it stings her eyes. I haven't experienced that, but just something ot watch for when first using it. I love benefit and am probably going to purchase this again. Might try another primer first to compare, but I do love the tint on this one!

on 7/1/2010 3:48:00 PM

This primer works ok, like Too Faced shadow insurance, but not as good as UDPP. It has color so it may cover any discolorations and veins on your eyelids. I don't have that problem, so it's not a bonus for me. I use Benefit creaseless cream shadow on top of this as a primer, then i apply powder shadow, and my eyeshadow lasts for 3-4 hours before it starts to crease. With UDPP, it won't crease all day! Again, get this primer if you want something opaque like a concealer to cover up. But it's not a concealer and kind of drying and cakey.

on 6/30/2010 9:29:00 AM

I'm sorry others are having negative experiences with this product, because I absolutely love it. I use it as a concealer over my fndn. It goes on so smoothly and is sheer, but really makes a difference in my coloring. It doesn't cake up, nor does it crease in my wrinkles. I love how it looks! It only comes in one color as far as I know, and it's a pretty light beige, so I could see that it might not be compatible with a lot of ppl's skin tones. But I think it's great.

Oh, yes, the pump lets out a little too much product. You either have to plan to use a lot or get the hang of pumping out a teeny drop. It's VERY concentrated and a little goes a loooong way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please do not buy this! It was such a waste of money. My eyeshadow looks so much better at the end of the day if I don't use this. It makes your shadow crease like crazy.

on 6/26/2010 5:46:00 PM

I know a lot of people don't like the pump but if you just push the top 1/3 down only a little drop comes out. But anyways, as an eyeshadow primer this is does not work for me. It creases. The only good thing about is that it evens out my eyelid color.
As of right now, Im using this more as a foundation primer. But it works well for this purpose even though thats not what it is designed for (found this out when I accidently pumped too much out). If this came in a big bottle, I would buy it to use under foundation, but since it doesn't, I'm gonna stick to UD.

on 6/25/2010 1:10:00 AM

I am so disappointed in this product. I usually love Benefit. I have oily lids and this did absolutely nothing for me. My eyeshadow creased like crazy! I am going to be returning this. MAC paint pots work 100x better for me.

on 6/24/2010 2:49:00 PM

HUGE disappointment. I'd used "F.Y.Eye" primer for years (seriously, I think I started using it in 2003) to keep my eyeshadow from creasing on my oily eyelids and loved it. Then I went to Sephora to replace my latest jar and only found this, but figured I'd give it a try. It doesn't work. At all. Eyeshadow creases horribly; I can't see any benefit from wearing this versus wearing no primer. I'm going to be trying to return it, and I guess I'm on the market for an eyeshadow primer again. Sigh.

This primer gives full coverage. I wear it under my eyes and up to my eyebrows, it seems to have a little bit of a yellowish tint which is awesome for covering up circles and dark spots, sometimes i dont use concealer under my eyes because it gives me enough coverage. It has a thick consistency but it is not sticky or slimy, it does need to dry completely - like any primer.

My only complaint is that waaaay too much comes out of the bottle with just one pump. I always end up wasting half of it. I tried putting the extra in a make up sample pot which sort of worked. And after plenty of use I know how to half pump it now to save the product, its still a pain in the butt though! All in all, I would buy it again and was very happy with it.

on 6/15/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

dispenses too much product and gives a bit of a sheen..that i don't want. it didn't provide enough coverage on its own and when topped off with concealer, it looked and felt too heavy. i tried it under bb concealer and MUFE FC concealer for reference

on 6/10/2010 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I actually got a sample of this and absolutely hated it. Idk if I'm the only one that experienced this, but I couldn't get shadow or concealer to stick to it at all. I tried every technique/color/brush I can think of and had no color whatsoever on my lid. I only used it on one eye, and to test my theory, I swiped the exact same color with the exact same brush on my other eye which was bare, and the color showed up perfectly. Therefore, I know this primer doesn't work. It doesn't apply smoothly, doesn't hold on to..well..anything. I know I used it correctly. Oh well. I'll be sticking to my udpp.

Video Reviews & Tutorials