July 28, 2014 | 1747 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think so far this is my best beauty buy of 2010 XD altho I only had if for about a week so we shall see
Pros: it's a primer, but it's also pigmented enuf to be a concealer. I've been on the search for a concealer primer for ages and this comes along. I did notice that my concealer stays in place for longer. shame that it doesn't have any line filler effect tho, so don't expect it to smooth your eye area out before concealer (which was what I secretly hoped for) The formula doesn't dry my undereye area out, and it doesn't have the peeling/flaking effect i get with UDD eyeshadow insurance sometimes.
Cons: it's not cheap, and the pump design is bit of a nuisance, u have to be extra extra careful when u push down otherwise it's definitely too much products. BUT remember you can also use the 'leftovers' as a facial primer. I put on moisturizer and eye cream, put this around my eyes, and dab the excess around my nose/brows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this. I do agree with the other reviewers that the packaging is sort of annoying in that the pump distributes too much product. However, it's more sanitary to me that way (rather than being out in the open like a MAC paint pot or in a wand-style like UD Primer Potion) -- but you just have to make sure to only tap it very gently. And, I only use like half a pea size for both of my eyes. The first time I used Stay Don't Stray, I used way too much, and it had the opposite effect, which made my eyeshadow creasy and my concealer cakey.

I find that if I only use half a pea size for both eyes, and tap both below and above the eyes and blend into the eyelid and the undereye area (making sure *not* to get too close to the tear duct) -- it works quite well at making my eyeshadows and my eyeliners last longer. I usually have a bad problem with any sort of pencil eyeliners smudging underneath my eye, but with this, I have minimal panda eyes.

I apply Stay Don't Stray first, then my foundation, then either YSL Touche Eclat or Dior Skinflash under the eyes. Since the primer already sort of conceals some of my dark circles, I find that using a heavier concealer is overkill.

I did take one lippie off, because this stuff is pricey ($24USD), and, as it is a matte beige color, it can dull some of my brighter shadows, but I have this problem with all beige primers, UD's included. I have not experienced any eye irritation, and I have quite sensitive eyes. Overall, I would probably repurchase. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I liked this product, though like many others I was annoyed by the problem with too much coming out when you activate the pump on the container. But yesterday a zit appeared on my eyelid, right at the lashline -- I hope it will not turn into a full-blown stye.
I had been using Stay, Don't Stray and Erase Paste a couple/few days a week, using a Sephora concealer brush as taught by a Benefit SA. The products were working fairly well for me, but I (looks shamefaced) wasn't cleaning the brush much.
So watch it! I have now cleaned the brush with soap and hot tap water, and gave it a round with hand sanitizer too, but bacteria may still be lurking in the part of the brush that goes up into the handle. I am also treating the stye (?) with erythomycin ophthalmic ointment.
I might not feel like using this method of primer/concealer for a while now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by LFreddie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not bad - I like that it works as a concealer and a primer. Definitely locks down the pigment whichi s what we want in a primer, right?! The pump is obnoxious, though...way too much comes out every time no matter what you do. Think I will return it for Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Mac Paint Pot in Painterly...

Update: I ended up returning it at Sephora. Too thick and hard to work with. Now use UPDD and Painterly Paint Pot and I am happy with both of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by babydoll200

Well..............it is nice to see from all of the other reviews that I am not alone in my frustration with the pump on this product!!! So annoying that you press it one time and way too much comes out! You end up trying to use it all and then having to wipe some on a tissue or whatever. A big waste. I can't say that I noticed any big changes on how my make up looked.......I mean, I think it does okay with helping eyeshadow stay put etc. but there are lots of products that do the same thing without having to waste a lot of the product because of that darn pump. I love Benefit products.......I hope they see these reviews or whatever and maybe reconfigure the packaging. I am debating on whether or not to return just because it is a hassle and I don't like returning cosmetics unless I have too!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by filicious

i bought this because i am looking for a product that can ease my lines under my eyes so when i put on my concealer it doesnt sink in my lines. this thing is disappointing. first the pump always gives way more than what u need so u end up wasting a lot. then it just didnt do what i want and irritated my eyes a bit. i returned my and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by makeovermomma

I checked this out @ Sephora since I was running out my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion. They gave me a generous sized sample, enough to try the product for at least a full week. Within the first 4 hours after using it my eyeshadow had already creased. Save your $ & buy the primer potion from Urban Decay!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by MhmKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this as a sample from Sephora and I really liked it. I have a lot of redness so I use it on my red spots and any blemishes as well as on my eye lids. It adds extra coverage and helps my foundation (liquid and mineral) stay on well. It keeps my eyeshadows from creasing and when I put it on my bottom lid, it keeps my eyeliner in place too! I really like it and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

This worked for me but will not be repurchasing because of the pump. It dispenses way toooo much product. I've tried many ways to gentle push on the pump but it still gives me toooo much. I have others that work just as well without all the hassle. I'll use it at night when I have time to tangle with it.

For me, the product does keep my e/s in placed all day without creasing and that pretty nice and the color blends well on my lids. It's just too bad that it's such a hassle to get the right amount of product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ralcan01

i went to the Benefit Brow Bar in SF and had an MUA give me a makeover... I actually bought this product a few weeks earlier and hated it; and i think it was because i didn't know how to use it... the MUA first applied Ooh la lift, then stay don't stray, just a tid bit though.. followed by some kind of gorgeous in deep and hello flawless in i'm cute as a bunny.... we all know that MUAs have the magic wand to pull off your looks, the test is when you get home the next day... well i was on vaca and was able to recreate my look in the hotel using the techniques he showed me! no concealer needed!!! and i have horrible dark circles.. i use my index finger to lightly tap the pump so not too much comes out.. i hope they can find a better airpump for this product though...