TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 9/5/2011 1:07:00 AM

Got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99--yet another instant hit from TheBalm. Only ever used 1 other highlighter (one by Physician's Formula) and loved it. This one is even better! I dab it in the inner corners of my eyes and swipe it under the brow bones to make my eyes look well rested and my eyebrows more defined. It's got a very finely milled shimmer so that you cannot see individual flecks at all, under any lighting -- which means you can use it day or night. It literally just does what it says it will--highlights any features (brow bones, cheekbones, etc) with a luminous glow--not a sparkly mess! The product is so huge (0.3 oz) that I will likely never need another b/c a little goes a long way...and I love the sturdy hard plastic compact w/ the generously sized mirror...wish more products by thebalm came that way! Fantastic product--worth my every penny.

on 8/28/2011 2:47:00 PM

I got this at TJ Maxx for $13 and I really want to go and get some backups at that price. I've been wanting this for a few years now, but I never bought it. As far as highlighter or illuminators go I've tried NARS Albatross, Everyday Minerals Champagne, Tarte Amazonian (liquid) and a few others. While I do like the above, I never felt complete as far as having the go to quick highlighter, so I was excited when I saw this. The color is perfect, not as yellow/gold as Albatross and not as pink as Champagne, or most other highlighters on the market. I use a MAC 109 to apply it and I use a light hand because I want a glow not a sheen or shimmer. It is finely milled and applies smooth. So far, this is the best highlighter and I will definitely repurchase. I heard and read good reviews about it but I was always hesitant and skeptical. I am glad it worked out for me because now I don't feel the need to keep looking. The packaging is also super cute and I really do like the brand in general.

on 8/1/2011 5:07:00 PM

Lovely highlighter! It is easy to apply, the color (champagne-ish) looks great on my fair skin.
It is glittery (do-oh...), so for everyday use it is important to apply with a light hand, or else it will be a) too glittery and b) too champagne-colored, which doesn`t really look good.
I mainly use it on my cheekbones, under my eyebrows, and sometimes as an eyeshadow (it makes my eyes look larger...) or on the middle of the lips (they look a lot fuller, but the staying power is poor on lips)
On the face the staying power is great, and it looks good when I get home from school/work :-)
Btw, cute package, nice mirror, but one must be careful not to drop it! It contains loads of product, so I think it is worth the money.

on 7/19/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was looking for the perfect highlighter for my pale skin. I had previously used NARS Copacabana, and while I liked it, I prefer a powder form. So of course, I came to MUA to help me decide! I heard such good reviews about this highlighter. Unfortunately, the Sephora in my town doesn't have a good selection of products since it's inside J.C. Penny's. I took a little trip to a free standing Sephora about 45 minutes away from me. When I got my hands on the tester, I KNEW I had to have it.

It's the PERFECT color! It's soo finely milled and extremely pigmented. Just one tap of the brush into the product and it's enough for one cheekbone. The price tag is a bit steep but there is a lot of product, it should last quite a while considering the high quality! The packaging is also pretty cute! I have zero regrets about this purchase and I recommend this product to all my cosmetic-loving friends. This makes me want to try more products by theBalm!

on 7/13/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Mary-lou manizer. It works great, it's versatile and it is huge compared to most luminizing products.

on 7/5/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Here's a little background before I start on the review. I am about NC30-NC35 with olive skin. I also have dry skin so I am always searching for something to give my skin a nice glow. I bought the TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer about a month ago on vacation. I have been using the product every single day since then on my cheekbones and sometimes down the center of my face. I absolutely LOVE this product. I can see that my cheeks are glowing when I catch myself in the mirror :) I use my MAC 168 brush to apply and it blends beautifully with the rest of my makeup. This product is also a great value, there is 0.3 oz of product as opposed to NARS Albatross which has 0.16 oz. If I ever run out of this product, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. HG highlighter :)

on 7/5/2011 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

By far the best all-purpose luminizing/highlighting pressed powder I've ever owned. TheBalm's formula for all their pressed powder products is among the silkiest and most blendable of h/e cosmetics lines, comparable even with the Guerlains and other luxury lines. It's not too shimmery, not too bronze—it's just right for just about any skin tone, no matter what your undertones are. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I'm becoming a bigger fan of TheBalm with each product I try. Haven't been disappointed yet.

on 6/10/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I actually received this as a swap, and am I ever glad that I did! It is the best highlighter for my fair skin, a shimmery champagne color that complements almost any look and doesn't look chalky, or glittery, or at all "overdone" if done with a light hand. One sweep with a fan brush is enough to give just the right amount of sheen to the cheekbones. I have tried many other liquid and powder highlighters but theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer really is the BOMB!!! As other posters have said, a little goes a long way, and this will probably last me years! But when I run out, I will def re-purchase, it has become a staple in my makeup bag!

on 5/25/2011 10:16:00 AM

It's really a wonderful luminizer: gorgeous color, lovely consistency. And the compact is very cute and has a nice big mirror. BUT I've only had it a couple of months and dropped it once and the whole thing is crumbling apart now, more and more so every day. Having spent over $20 on this, I'm not thrilled that it's falling apart. It's a shame because I really was loving it!

on 5/21/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Best. Highlighter. Ever. I am NC35 with normal skin, and I am a total highlighter wh0re. This is my favorite highlighter ever. When you look at the size, its dirt cheap and has a cute little case. The texture is velvety smooth and blends into your skin perfectly for a natural highlight. It is a neutral-warm gold but I think would flatter every skin tone and color. I think this beats every MAC MSF (I've got almost all of them!) and it is much better then Dior Amber Diamond. I definitely recommend buying this, thebalm is a seriously underrated brand and the texture is out of this world!

Top Rated TheBalm Products