September 19, 2014 | 1807 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by MissButtons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW. This is my HG highlighter. I used to love MAC's Luna, but this is a powder and so much easier to work with. The payoff is amazing, a little goes SUCH a long way. It is a light neutral color that gives you a beautiful glow. I'm an esthetician and people always say my skin looks beautiful, THIS IS MY SECRET. I use this everyday and haven't made any kind of noticeable difference in the amount of product there, it is so worth the price due to how well it works and the time it will last you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This is so beautiful, and if it's your first venture into highlighters, it's a good one to start with; there aren't many skintones this wouldn't flatter. A very subtle champagne, this distributes evenly and can be applied to cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and on browbones. No highlighter for me lasts very long (I'm very oily and I'm blotting all day), but this has enough to it that it sticks and looks luminous for a long time, without making your face look overtly and falsely highlighted.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mervel16

I love this product! It's like a facelift in a pan -- and it's a huge pan at that! I've tried different MAC highlighters and NARS Albatross as well (which many claim to be the be-all and end-all of highlighters), but none do the job quite like this does. I'm Asian with golden undertones (NC35), and I feel that the warm champagne color of this product suits me perfectly. It's not *too* shimmery like other highlighters can be, which is great as I have combination skin. I apply it on top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. This product is also great as an eyeshadow or to dab on top of lipgloss/lipstick in the middle of the bottom lip for an added oomph. It's definitely worth a try!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty champagne colored powder than can be applied as a highlighter over the orbital bones and over the chin and nose. I also like to use it as a highlight and eyeshadow when I do neutral shimmery looks. The compact itself is weighty, made of metal, and has a mirror inside. The graphic on top is also very cute. Overall I'm happy with this product and would probably repurchase. My primary complaints are that the staying power is not the greatest, and it definitely looks like a powder on the skin.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No