TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 1/23/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect highlight, not to glittery or shimmery, like a glow from within. It is a very neutral color, doesn't seem to come off to gold or yellow undertoned. Use a very light hand, a little goes a long way. Use this every day, holy grail status.

on 1/13/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely gold highlight, not too shimmery. It gives your skin a glow, not glitter. The size of this is HUGE 8.5G. I definitely recommend this.

on 1/12/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best pale gold luminous highlighter on the market. I love the shade because it's universal and lovely. You can apply a sheer amount or load it up and get an all out glow. I've heard that it's been seen at TJ Maxx in a duo with a Betty Lou bronzer, and on sale at Haute Look, but I missed out. It's $24 full price and not exactly easy to find. You can buy it online from The Balm or Sephora. The Balm gets less credit than it deserves, partly because it's not carried in many stores. If they would branch out it would probably enrich the brand overall and fund research for new products. They aren't quite up to par with expensive rare niche brands right now because of the paper/plastic retro packaging, but they have some gem products. Imagine this product in a art deco metal compact and they could charge a lot more for it. Update: I didn't give up and found it in a clearance gift set at TJ Maxx. It was in another set without Betty Lou, called "Oh So Bright". I'm still going to Marshall's to check because The Balm is also being sold there.

on 1/10/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I went to sephora and they said that The Balm has been discontinued, is that true? Or something like The Balm is now Korres. But anywho I LOVE this product. For my NC30/35 skin this is the perfect highlight it's just the right ammount of shimmer without looking stupid. Mary Lou Manizer blends so well I not only use it as a higlighter I also use it as an eyeshadow. I hope The Balm wasn't dicontinued because I want to get more.

on 1/10/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used all sorts of highlighters from Benefit High Beam to Vincent Longo, and this by far is THE best highlighter I've found. It is my holy grail highlighter. I am light olive skinned (MAC NC42) and this works perfect for highlighting my orbital bone.

on 1/9/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this!
Packaging: Very classic and sleek in structure, looks like a powder foundation's short cylindrical packaging. I could do without the stupid pin-up picture that theBalm has but it's fine. It's not like the bikini pictures on sexy mama or hot mama, or bahama mama.
Product: It's a very frosty beige-champagne shade. Not chalky, but not the smoothest. I have Benefit Highbeam but I just don't think it's as easy to apply as a powder highlighter like this.
I apply this with a crappy $1 elf fan brush and while I want to get a different brush, even that one picks up this product really well.

on 1/9/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not very finely milled... MAC (MINERALISE, not regular type!!!) has blushes that has shimmer that is even finer, for those who really want tiny shimmers (try Lightscapade, if you like really subtle glow). Shiseido also has a very good highlighter.
Such a nice colour, but as said, not finely enough milled for me, and can look oily if you apply too much. Not expensive for the size. It's pretty soft, and if not careful, you will pick up a lot of product. If you have big pores, this might accentuate it, but as far as I know, all highlighters will accentuate uneven skin. For me it's very convenient to use a powder highlighter, although I do have liquid ones too. AND: I would probably not recommend for dry skin, as this can look a bit chalky with that...

I used this both on my cheekbones, brow bones and also sometimes even as eyeshadow. At this point, I want to sell mine - it's not a favourite.
UPDATE: this highlighter leans a bit towards golden, even if it looks neutral champagne in the pan.

on 1/5/2012 11:30:00 AM

This marketed as a highlighter, but it is an all-around versatile product. I generally use it around my eye area (brow bone, inner lid, a little bit on the outer lid). It can be used as a standard highlighter, but also as an eyeshadow, shimmer, etc.

This product is great for those days when you get less than 5 hours of sleep, yet need to look more-or-less awake for a presentation at work.

I've never purchased anything from TheBalm before this highlighter, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what else the line has to offer.

on 12/30/2011 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely my HG highlighter. I tried UD's cream one (faded too fast), MAC's MSF (too chunky), Stila's liquid one (found it annoying to use), Benefit's High Beam (had almost no effect), and probably more that I've forgotten. This highlighter gives me a candelit glow that looks absolutely stunning and natural. It is pigmented and looks amazing on my light medium skin with yellow undertones. I don't think I will ever run out of this - there's so much product, and you really need so little. Again, I cannot recommend this enough. A really lovely product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a highlighting fiend. I am always on the lookout for the best highlight powders and creams. Let me just say that this Mary-Lou manizer is absolutely the BEST highlight I have ever used. So incredibly pigmented, and so fine in texture, it works wonders on the skin. It is a champagne-y tint so it would work much better with those who have medium skin toned. Compared to something like the Nars Albatross, it is just as good if not better, the only difference being that Albatross is a pearly highlight. Dab some MAC Pink Rebel highlight under this and it will pop SO amazingly. I recommend this to everyone. Great buy, and for only $24 dollars, it is so worth it. You get A LOT of product for what you are paying for, with amazing quality.

Top Rated TheBalm Products