August 28, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was new to the realm of mascara and trying to find the "right" mascara. Even though I am still on the hunt, things have been narrowed down, thank goodness!
But at the time I figured you couldn't beat the price for what was being offered.
I wasn't crazy about it though. It didn't do much for my lashes except clump and flake. However it did have it's moments when it cooperated and my lashes did look nice, but it was not very often.
Now I noticed the packaging had changed so maybe the formula has too? For the price It wouldn't hurt to try it again now that I am more experienced with a wand, but when I think about the days where I had thick clumpy eyelashes I banish the thought.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am trying everything that has a 3.7-4.0. I have liked nothing....the one mascara that I liked scored a 2.0. I dont know about this web page

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Update: (Let me preface this by saying that I have, and will always use my HG Shiseido mascara base under all my mascaras, so YMMV) I am upping my rating of this mascara to 5 lippies after using this for several more weeks. Amazingly, I think this humble little mascara may be the best one I've tried in all my makeup-wearing life (which is a very long time). It holds my curl, doesn't clump (looks incredibly natural), thickens, and lengthens. More amazingly, it lasts pretty much all day and easy to remove. I haven't stopped my search for the "perfect" mascara yet, but this one comes pretty close. At the incredibly low price of this product, I can't see at least not giving it a try. ---END UPDATE

This is a very decent mascara, especially for the inexpensive price, and I have to say, I am pretty impressed. I hate spending a ton of money on mascara, since you have to throw it out every 3 months, and this fits the bill. I was surprised that you can actually get a decent amount of length with this mascara,. As for thickness, while it does an above-average job in that category, it doesn't live up to being named "super thick lash". It's still nice and I would re-purchase, however, as an overall, everyday mascara. It does an admirable job of both lengthening and thickening. I do like that it doesn't make my lashes wilt; I can actually use this on its own with decent results without my HG Shiseido mascara base. It's also a drier mascara (which I like) and thus doesn't have a tendency to smear on me. Clumping is also not an issue. All-in-all, a very decent mascara that is worth a try. Not an HG (yet) but I doubt if I will ever find an HG mascara with my puny and pathetic lashes. I would not, however, hesitate to recommend this mascara - for me it is an above-average choice, and I am super-impressed with the fact that it does NOT wilt my curl! In fact, my lashes look pretty great all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my staple mascara. It thickens my lashes up, adds length, and doesn't clump unless I completely overdo it. GREAT product and you can't beat it the price. The only negative is that it tends to dry out pretty fast.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just didn't do anything for me. It's a typical DS mascara. I even swiped it over my lashes a trillion times and nothing...zip..zilch..nada.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Erin_from_montreal

This is the best. HG. Doesn't smudge/smear, quick to apply, looks great, makes my lashes look thick enough and very long... I've been using this for around 8 years and haven't found another mascara that even comes close. Also, I wear contacts and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I hope Super Thick Lash never gets discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara always starts out nice on me, providing a fairly dramatic look, but it seems as though within a week and a half of use, the mascara dries out, and becomes a completely different texture that makes this product unusable at that point. So, this time around, when that texture change occurred, I ran the brush under the faucet for just a second, getting it pretty wet, and then put the brush back in the tube, swirling it around, etc. The next time I used this, the texture and consistency was perfect! The mascara went on even better than it did as a new tube. I prefer a mascara that is wet in consistency. Super Thick Lash, with this alteration, enhances my long eyelashes and bulks them up. It makes a very wide-eyed look that is dark and even appears to 'lift' my lashes up. It does not flake off and does not leave a dark cast under my eyes, even in a humid room. The tube construction does not do a good job of wiping the mascara off within the tube, so the outer end of the tube gets messy and requires wiping, but for the price and performance I can put up with a slight mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a bit drying if you don't rotatate mascaras and it gets clumpy in the tube relatively quickly but I will use it again because it delivers good volume impact and does not irritate my eyes. I also like the fact that the formula is always wet and rich when you buy it and never dried out like some other brands. You get alot of mascara for the money. Good basic thickening brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by littosunsun

This is my second favorite mascara, after Great Lash by Maybelline, but after trying the Triple Mascara (also by Cover Girl) I was really impressed by the nice quality this one has.
It has a much longer lifetime than most mascaras, and really gives my short little lashes the drama they have always been craving for.
I love how this mascara really plumps up and lengthens my eyelashes without making it look fake.
The only thing I believe it could work on, however, is its packaging. The case is red and blah boring, but it doesn't really matter that much because the overall product is GREAT.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by pullum_purna

my sis told me this product was soo........ good so I waited until it was on sale to purchase! She was so..... wrong!!! Did not do anything for my lashes & I think instead the formula produced a flaky product instead.

I returned it like immediately