Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 3/18/2011 4:32:00 PM

This is a great bronzer for light medium (Jlo/Eva Mendes) to darker girls. I really needed a matte bronzer and couldn't seem to find one anywhere! I then found this thank goodness! Everytime I wear it people tell me I am glowing. The colour goes on really well and the compact has a mirror too so it's very convenient. The cocoa bean smell adds a delicious touch.

The only negative is the price. 19.50 when it doesn't even come with service! Brands like MAC etc charge those sorts of prices but they have sales assistants to pay. This was just on the shelf at Boots. That was the only negative. However overall I am very happy with the product.

on 3/17/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the best and most natural bronzer I have ever used. I exchanged the bare minerals faux tan for this and i am so glad I did. I've used Laura gellar bronze and brighten, benefit hoola, smashbox suntan matte, and some others and this by far gives the most natural look to my medium skintone. I've been using the hoola for almost a year now and was kinda getting tired of it. I can say the hoola has more of a yellowish undertone where the chocolate soleil is a true brown and even makes the texture of my very very oily skin look better. Its awesome!

on 3/13/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I didn't expect much when I bought this because I never have luck with bronzers--they usually make me orange. I was so excited to try this I ran upstairs and applied it over my hours-old makeup. It looked ok but a little muddy. The next day I applied it as the last step in my routine. I used the Ecotools finishing skunk and just lightly dusted it over my face. WOW!!! I could not believe what a glow it gave! It added a nice flush of color to my face but not too orange-y or brown for the end of winter. It was seriously my skintone but better. And as a plus for us oily, large pored girls--NO SHIMMER!!! I can't tell you how many shimmery, orange-y bronzers I have tried and rejected.
It is easy to overdo it on this and you do have to use a light hand and a the right brush-anything too dense it going to go on patchy and look muddy.
The smell reminds me of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa packets, which I like but YMMV. The price is a little yipes but I see this lasting me a long time. I used to use Essence Matte Bronzer but this is SO much better.

I am on my second compact of this. I love the bronzer - I am very fair, and this does ot look muddy on me, and it's matte. It smells like cocoa, so it's amazing. I had the top half of the compact come off about halfway through the first one though, and was loose before that.

May have been a defect. I will continue to buy none-the-less, because the product works amazing!

on 3/11/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favourite!!

Most bronzers turn orange on me so i didnt have much hope when i bought this. I love the packaging & the smell is amazing. It is so pigmented and doesnt turn orange at all... i love it! I pair this with too faced pink leopard and its the perfect pair! I wear NW20 so i dont have to wear that much for it to show. The only bad thing is it can look muddy if you apply too much since its pure brown & no orange tones. I will buy this again if i ever run out

on 3/7/2011 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this bronzer! It is my favorite, and I use it everyday. I'm glad it's matte, and that it smells like chocolate! I'm such a chocloholic! haha. This is very pigmeted, so you only need to use very little, and that means it's going to last a long time. It's not orangy at all, it's the perfect bronzer!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Incredible is the best way to describe this bronzer. It leaves me with a perfect tan glow. I apply with my Eco tools bamboo bronzer brush (most amazing brush ever, btw) on my face where the sun would naturally hit and it leaves a positively beautiful sun kissed looking color on my face. Like I said, Incredible. I will never bother with any other bronzer again.

on 3/4/2011 11:14:00 AM

I've tried d/s and h/e ones and this is the only that I've used everyday since purchasing it. LIke many have said, it's builable and no orangey look. It's wonderful as a contour and I love it as an eyeshadow on the crease - just lovely! The smell is delicious and does a great job of hiding many of my flaws. I also use it to top my blush to tame it down and it give me that natural "flush" look. It a definite must have in my mu bag.

on 2/22/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Just bought this bronzer to replace my benefit hoola. Loved it! I was looking for a matte bronzer that did not make me look muddy with my oily skin. I found just the right product. Love the smell and very buidable color for my NC35 skin, and it was not too expensive.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose