August 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a good bronzer for awhile. I prefer little to no shimmer as well so matte is perfect. This Matte bronzer is yummy, there are a list of minimal ingredients, and is in a nice compact. With application its dark enough to make the perfect countour and all over will show up as a tan on me. nc25/30. Maybe I am applying my other bronzer (Nars laguna) Incorrectly because I barely notice a thing when I put that one on compared to this one. I really like this one sticking with it!Plus you get ten grams which is a good amount for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by dolcely

First of all I love this product but it is too expensive!! It countures my cheekbones very well and I don't have to use a lot to make it look nice and it does make my face very tan but healthy and natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this bronzer in a set and it's pretty much the only bronzer I use because I don't really like shimmery bronzers for some reason. This blends really well and lasts a pretty long time. I also love the smell yeah I love this bronzer it looks so natural and I love the smell-will definitely buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Lorizzle33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer, great for sculpting cheekbones. I love that it's matte and so pigmented and the perfect color to fake a tan. I was slightly freaked out by the chocolate smell when I first bought it, and how the smell stays in your makeup brushes. My only gripe is that it contains cocoa butter which can clog pores and I have very acne prone skin, so I try to only use this on special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great as far as fulfilling it's promises- it is a matte, semi-deep brown bronzer with no orange or red hues (I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about), which makes it great for regular bronzing or contouring (what I use it for). As a contour I have to say this is HG material. Its color makes natural looking shadows across the face and honestly I haven't found many other suitable shades for contouring that haven't been discontinued (MAC I'm looking at you). It doesn't cake, blends well, and lasts respectably throughout the day with maybe only one light touch up. I do wish it wore off a little more evenly but I can't blame the product since I do touch my face a lot. I like the fact that they use real cocoa (antioxidants!) in the powder, which I think my skin likes. No breakouts here, and I do consider myself somewhat acne prone. The metallic chocolate colored compact with pink fishnet patterns across it is to die for, as well as the chocolate/ vanilla cupcake scent, which is strong but doesn't stay on your face so it's ok. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is actually the reason why it makes such a good contour (le sigh, we'll never be happy haha), which is because it lacks color. I find that on days where I use this, I'll skip the blush and then wonder why I look so colorless for the rest of the day. Even though I do prefer my perfect contour color to be colorless, I guess I don't want my bronzer to be. Stupid, I know. Therefore it is my HG contour powder (for now) but not HG bronzer/ blush

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATED: I returned this to Sephora. It needed a really light hand and a couple of times I overdid it and it looked awful and a red undertone appeared. I replaced it with Sephora's Bahama bronzer which really is a dupe of Hoola in compact form.

ORIGINAL OVERENTHUSIASTIC REVIEW: I've been a dedicated Hoola user for as long as I can remember. It's been my HG for at least 6 years, but that was until I discovered TF's Chocolate Soleil. I love matte, pure brown bronzers, and the only complaint I had about Hoola was the cardboard box packaging. (I know some people think it's cute, but I hate it with a passion.) Chocolate Soleil is the perfect replacement in my stash. The color looks the same on me and the compact is what I've been wanting all along. I use MAC's 187 to apply it lightly all over my face and I love the tan glow it gives me. I wish TF didn't have the chocolate scent, but it doesn't bother me since it fades quickly. If you're looking for a matte brown, non-orange, non-pink bronzer, give this a try. If you're pale you can use it with a light hand, and if you're dark you can build the color. Very flexible to use and worth the investment!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm disappointed with this. I don't like the scent - it smells fake to me, not like real cocoa. The price is ridiculous although I guess you get quite a bit of product for your money. I like that there's a mirror included.

My real gripe is 2 things - firstly, it looks slightly orange on my skintone. I'm biracial but my skintone is light, but very tanned (NC37-40 depending on time of year) if that makes sense? Anyway, whenever I applied this I couldnt help thinking it looked sort of orange. My second gripe would be that it broke me out. Seeing as it looked orange, I decided to just use it as a contour colour on my cheekbones and on my temples. Needless to say, after about 1 week of using, I broke out ALL along my cheekbone where I'd been putting this, and along the left side of my temple. I switched back to my MAC emote contour and the breakouts disappeared 2 days later.

I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i'm nc30 in the winter with yellow undertones. i just went to sephora and tried this bronzer on because of the great reviews and this was just too flat brown for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I appreciate this bronzer because it isn't glittery and does not make your face look too shiny. The smell (chocolate), of course, is wonderful, and the packaging very cute. The only concern I have with this is that it is fairly dark. I'm a medium - tan skin girl and it is even a bit dark for my taste. Faces are usually lighter in complexion than the rest of the body and this makes my face look just as tan as the rest of me. I am going to try using a different brush though, as that may reduce the amount I am putting on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite bronzer as of now. The color is natural and is very buildable but could be sheer depending on your brush. It has a tint of brown instead of orange (like most bronzers) which makes it seem like you just got back from a vacation. Perfect for summer, but we'll see how it works out in the fall/winter. Smells pretty good, but I'm not too crazy about it. Will definitely repurchase.