Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 9/14/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those saying it is spotty, I had this problem at first too.

I went to my makeup artist friend and she showed me how to fix it. You must use a quality brush for this to go on properly, especially since it isn't just power foundation that is close to your skin tone, this is a darker accent.

Check out your nearest makeup store and get a good brush. I use an angled goat hair one when I want to contour. I have a larger power rush when I want that overall tan look.

Also make sure your base makeup or foundation is applied properly and evenly and that you are moisterized. This may be were the spots are coming from.

As many have said here...DUST IT LIGHTLY and go little by little so you can build it into the perfect shade for you.

Primer might help too, preferably a light water based one so it isn't heavy..again apply uniformly to avoid dark spots.

Great bronzer..hard to find a non shimmery/sparkly one like this!

on 9/12/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely bronzer! For reference, I'm about an NC30.

During the winter, when I was closer to NC25, I was using NYC Sunny bronzer. When I got a little more color, I wanted something with a little more color, but still matte. I love this bronzer because it never looks orangey and it can be used for all-over color or as a contour. I apply this with the Sonia Kashuk powder brush for the former, using the E3 method, and with the MAC 109 to contour. It hasn't broken me out. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was on a bronzer binge this summer and suprisingly this one beat out the rest. I wasn't even looking for a matte formula but I decided to give this one a try. For reference I'm an NC 43. Its not too orange or too brown, not only is it the perfect bronzer its great for contouring as well. HG status!

on 9/10/2010 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm an NW25 and I used this bronzer as an all over face powder on top of my studio fix powder. I use the 134 brush with a light hand all over my face and it gives me the perfect bronze look. It's completely matte so I can top it off with Orgasm without looking too shimmery.

on 9/6/2010 10:58:00 PM

This is an ok product. I am nc30 and only use this as for contouring. This looks too muddy as an all over bronzer. It smells great and as a contour I like it.

on 8/17/2010 3:40:00 AM

I'm NC25-30, and when I applied this to my skin, it looked like I applied poop to my face. It was an unnatural brown color on that smelled like chocolate. When I saw pictures of myself with this bronzer on, I looked really dirty and spotty. Yet another fail in my mission for the perfect bronzer.

Just to add, If you had this issue as well/have the same skin tone as me, I tried Smashbox's Suntan Matte. Looks very natural/worked for me. My HG bronzer <3

on 8/8/2010 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i like this product yes the chocolate scent is quite fake but i dont find it offensive and its a cute gimmick, the bronzer is matte and in no way orange i use it all over my body with my urban decay big buddha brush. because its scented i am a little worried about trying it on my face as i am sensitive to a lot of products, i like it just as much as my mac matte bronze which i use on my face, however this has recently ran out and im going to try the chocolate soleil on my face before buying another mac matte bronzer. i would repurchase and the cute compact packaging is sturdy and has an excellant mirror same as sun bunny and snow bunny its a pleasure to use.

on 8/5/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Another great bronzer from too faced! I was looking for a matte bronzer, and since I have had great experiences with too faced sunny bunny and Caribbean I thought I couldn't go wrong with chocolate soleil. the color is great and the smell is amazing! Def my HG for matte bronzers

on 8/5/2010 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just started using this bronzer. I used to use M.A.C & then Everyday Minerals. I like both of those bronzers very much. However, I wanted to try something different. I got bored! I purchased this Too Faced bronzer & I think it suits me better than the other 2 that I usually use. I like the fact it is very matte but still smooth enough to blend evenly. It's also very dark & pigmented, (which is a good thing!) It shows up on my oily/tan skin. Lots of other bronzers really don't show up because I do tan on a regular basis & my skin is in fact very oily. The M.A.C. & everyday minerals do a wonderful job, but this is even more WONDERFULLER! (I know that's not a word! I just made it up!) It also smells delicious! Will buy again!

on 7/22/2010 9:39:00 AM

This is my HG bronzer!!! I have tried every single brand of bronzer out there both high end and drugstore brands. Everything i found was either way too orange or had so much shimmer in it that i looked like a junior high school girl experimenting with makeup. I had read on Sephoras website that Kim Kardashian uses this bronzer. While I am usually not one to fall for celebrity hype, I couldnt resist trying this due to the face that Kim always looks perfectly bronzed. I ADORE IT!!!! Beautiful MATTE bronze color. Not orange at all. True tan tones. The texture is great. I use a huge fluffy brush and sweep it over my nose, chin, forehead, as well as under my chin and to define my cheekbones. The smell is absolutely wonderful. It truly smells like chocolate. The staying power is great. Looks wonderful paired with a peach or pink blush. I personally use NARS Orgasm or BeneFit Sugarbomb everyday and both look phenomenal with it! If you are looking for the perfect bronzer, this is it!!!

Popular Bronzers