August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm disappointed with this. I don't like the scent - it smells fake to me, not like real cocoa. The price is ridiculous although I guess you get quite a bit of product for your money. I like that there's a mirror included.

My real gripe is 2 things - firstly, it looks slightly orange on my skintone. I'm biracial but my skintone is light, but very tanned (NC37-40 depending on time of year) if that makes sense? Anyway, whenever I applied this I couldnt help thinking it looked sort of orange. My second gripe would be that it broke me out. Seeing as it looked orange, I decided to just use it as a contour colour on my cheekbones and on my temples. Needless to say, after about 1 week of using, I broke out ALL along my cheekbone where I'd been putting this, and along the left side of my temple. I switched back to my MAC emote contour and the breakouts disappeared 2 days later.

I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i'm nc30 in the winter with yellow undertones. i just went to sephora and tried this bronzer on because of the great reviews and this was just too flat brown for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I appreciate this bronzer because it isn't glittery and does not make your face look too shiny. The smell (chocolate), of course, is wonderful, and the packaging very cute. The only concern I have with this is that it is fairly dark. I'm a medium - tan skin girl and it is even a bit dark for my taste. Faces are usually lighter in complexion than the rest of the body and this makes my face look just as tan as the rest of me. I am going to try using a different brush though, as that may reduce the amount I am putting on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite bronzer as of now. The color is natural and is very buildable but could be sheer depending on your brush. It has a tint of brown instead of orange (like most bronzers) which makes it seem like you just got back from a vacation. Perfect for summer, but we'll see how it works out in the fall/winter. Smells pretty good, but I'm not too crazy about it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMalibu

Love this bronzer! It has a really nice and fine texture so it goes on smoothly and you can control how much you apply (just don't use a heavy hand). It gives an all natural tan color - gives my extremely fair skin a nice healthy does of color that does look believable. The packaging is great - the compact is sturdy and heavy. The best part? The smell is delicious! It has a great chocolate smell - and not your fake, sickeningly sweet smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Today I went into Sephora, searching for a new bronzer. I've been trying for a while to branch out from my usual Benefit Hoola, but haven't been able to find a bronzer that's matte and NOT orange. Just upon passing the Too Faced set-up, I was instantly drawn to the chocolate soleil bronzer (and there was one left!!!). My sister, who is barely into makeup, picked it up right away and loved it, so I snatched up the last one and basically bought it on a whim. I already had the MUFE mat bronze #4 in my hand, but I bought both, brought them home, and totally am loving the chocolate soleil (the MUFE bronzer is beautiful, too, though I actually am preferring this one)! First, it's actually BROWN! No orange tones at all... second, the packaging is very chic, with a cute little mirror on the inside... third, the powder is smooth and super pigmented... and fourth, it smells absolutely amazing! So happy to have found this, I hope they don't stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sweetestearth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally I've found a fabulous matte bronzer! Doesn't make me look muddy or dirty and isn't the slightest bit orange on the skin. Makes me look like I've been out in the sun all summer but in a natural way. Great for contouring too! It is a bit pricy at 27.50 but I'll take that for a great summer glow all year round!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kizmo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this bronzer! I am very tanned in the summer and this bronzer is the only bronzer that absolutely matches my complexion. I always hated about other bronzers their orangey undertone but this one has none of that! I already purchased another packaging to have in the stash once I run off of it and I can only recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best all-over face bronzers I've found. I still haven't found a bronzer that I can put on and have it look completely natural, but my skin is pretty fair (MAC NC20, 25 in summer) so maybe I'm just not meant to look super tan. This bronzer is definitely the most natural matte bronzer I've used. It doesn't look orangey at all. It's very pigmented so I do need to use a VERY fluffy brush and a VERY light hand, though. If you have a darker complexion that probably won't be so much of a problem. Plus, it smells yummy - like Cocoa Puffs!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by elpecado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a bronzer ho and was lemming this for ages, finally got it for the summer, as it looked on the darkish side. The packaging is beautiful, a bronze compact that looks more high end than many of the (still beautiful) other Too Faced cardboard packaged products. The scent has already been described, it is a divine chocolate-cocoa butter scent, not chemical at all.

The product itself is a matte brown powder, not too soft and crumbly, not hard and chalky either. On me MAC SFF NW25 (so NC30 in other foundations), it looks more believable as a tan than anything else I have tried. Works for my yellow toned skin, no orange at all, but I have to say it would look better if I was a tad darker, it is slightly too dark for me, so I have to be extra careful when I apply it. I use my 187, as it is very pigmented, and have to blend quite a bit to make it work.
So, my only wish is that they didn't just have the one, universal shade, but a lighter one too. Still, it does look good on me when applied properly. Everything else about it is perfect, stays put all day, doesn't oxidise on my oily skin, no breakouts, just chocolatey goodness :)