Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 12/4/2010 10:19:00 PM

HG bronzer for me, i'm an NC42 and this is great. I don't like shimmer bronzers because i like to add my own shimmer/highlight etc if i want to. it's great for contouring, the perfect tan color on me. and the smell is SO GOOD. it's also super buildable, one swipe and you get a sheer color.

on 12/3/2010 5:18:00 PM

LOVE this! This is my HG bronzer. I use it for contouring and no other bronzer would do.I hated bronzers before I tried this because my skin tone is "porcelain doll" light. This looks great on me and I love that its matte, because I hate looking ridiculously sparkly. The smell is sooo yummy. It even tastes like chocolate -I know, why am I eating my makeup? Well, I wouldn't have dared to try it, but a girl on YouTube said it actually tasted like chocolate so I put it on my lips over my gloss for a nice tint. It makes sense that it smells and tastes like chocolate because if you look at the ingredients, you will see that they actually put cocoa powder in this product. I would buy this again and again. I'm so glad I've tried this. I originally got this in my Too Faced Glamour Revolution palette.

on 11/26/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No shimmer, awesome for contouring as well. It is incredibly perfumed and it lasts really long.

The packaging is really original!!

on 11/1/2010 6:19:00 PM

I have NEVER liked bronzers. I despise looking orange. But one day I asked a friend where she'd been for the weekend as she looked *sun-kissed* and she said she used a Sephora brand bronzer. I thought then that I should maybe give bronzers a try.... maybe they are better nowadays.

So I went to Sephora and said that I wanted to try a bronzer that would NOT make me look orange and WAS NOT sparkly. The woman showed me Too Face's Chocolate Soleil and I fell in love. It is perfect!! The chocolate smell makes it such a delight to put on! I brush it on daily with a powder brush over my cheeks and bridge of my nose (like blush) and sometimes a touch on my forehead.

This is the world's best bronzer. I'm convinced of that.

on 10/28/2010 2:29:00 PM

Best. Bronzer. Ever. I cannot say enough good things about this bronzer. First of all, it smells AMAZING! Secondly, there is absolutely NO ORANGE in it. It stays true to the color you see in the container and it is buildable. It is completely matte which I love, it has zero shimmer. I use this year round for a healthy look all over my face as well as contouring. It is exactly what I was looking for. Although it is pricey at $28 from Sephora, it is well worth it. I've had it for over six months and with daily use, it looks like I will have it for another 6 months or more! I will definately be repurchasing.

on 9/23/2010 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Greatt bronzer! Considering only the high end bronzers are good-this one is roughly the same price as nars laguna. But, it has no shimmer (awesome). The smell isnt that great-i dont really like chocolate (lol i know-weird) but its not overwhelming, so its okay. Also, the packaging-amazing. The container is soo sturdy and the mirror inside does not get dirty (AHEM nars packaging-mirrors get dirty fast and stay dirty forevverr) and it is a great, huge mirror for a compact. the most important part of bronzer is the COLOR and how it applies. This color is matte BROWN. No orange, no red, no yellow-it is brown. Also, it applies great and feels like silk (samish texture of MAC mineralize skinfinish). Try this for your next bronzer-you wont be disappointed!!

on 9/14/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those saying it is spotty, I had this problem at first too.

I went to my makeup artist friend and she showed me how to fix it. You must use a quality brush for this to go on properly, especially since it isn't just power foundation that is close to your skin tone, this is a darker accent.

Check out your nearest makeup store and get a good brush. I use an angled goat hair one when I want to contour. I have a larger power rush when I want that overall tan look.

Also make sure your base makeup or foundation is applied properly and evenly and that you are moisterized. This may be were the spots are coming from.

As many have said here...DUST IT LIGHTLY and go little by little so you can build it into the perfect shade for you.

Primer might help too, preferably a light water based one so it isn't heavy..again apply uniformly to avoid dark spots.

Great bronzer..hard to find a non shimmery/sparkly one like this!

on 9/12/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely bronzer! For reference, I'm about an NC30.

During the winter, when I was closer to NC25, I was using NYC Sunny bronzer. When I got a little more color, I wanted something with a little more color, but still matte. I love this bronzer because it never looks orangey and it can be used for all-over color or as a contour. I apply this with the Sonia Kashuk powder brush for the former, using the E3 method, and with the MAC 109 to contour. It hasn't broken me out. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was on a bronzer binge this summer and suprisingly this one beat out the rest. I wasn't even looking for a matte formula but I decided to give this one a try. For reference I'm an NC 43. Its not too orange or too brown, not only is it the perfect bronzer its great for contouring as well. HG status!

on 9/10/2010 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm an NW25 and I used this bronzer as an all over face powder on top of my studio fix powder. I use the 134 brush with a light hand all over my face and it gives me the perfect bronze look. It's completely matte so I can top it off with Orgasm without looking too shimmery.

Popular Bronzers