Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was looking for a non-orange matte bronzer because the one I was using was too sheer, too shimmery, and too orange-y. Plus my oily skin made it look "muddy" after a few hours and I found out that matte formulas don't give you that problem. This one is perfect- the pigment is great and the color is buildable. It's not too orange and not too brown- and it's a great shade to use for contouring my NC35-40 skin. It might be too dark for really fair skin but I think that if it's used lightly and blended well it would give lighter skin tone a nice sunkissed look. It also gets extra points for smelling like chocolate (because it has cocoa powder in it), having a good amount of product for your money, and not having silicones or other ingredients that break me out :)

on 1/19/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. I have tried so many, and this is the best I have found. The color is so natural - truly a brown color with no orange. It is easy to apply and blend. Completely matte. NC25 for reference. Before finding this I was using NARS Laguna. I much prefer this bronzer over the NARS.

on 1/12/2011 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I do like this bronzer, though I don't know that I would buy it again. The only reason I'm not sure is because 1) it is spendy for bronzer ($28), and 2) it is a little too red for my skin tone. When I first saw this in stores, months ago, I liked the color a lot, but the scent bothered me, so I didn't get it. Fast-forward to just recently and I decided to try to swap for it. An incredibly generous swapper sent it to me as a RAOK! What I like about this powder is that it is super smooth, and applied nicely. The color is what I had hoped Benefit Hoola was going to be, but wasn't. Hoola looked like mud on my face. I feel like this powder is a bit more easy to work with, and isn't as chalky as I found Hoola to be. The scent of this is a little strong - you'll certainly smell it. I put this on about 2-3 hours ago and I smell it still.
EDIT: I think I found the best way to use this - using a fluffy brush! I was using an angled contour brush in the hollows of my cheeks with this and it was just way too much. I'm now using my fluffy powder brush - Walmart HD line (I have reviews on these as well).

on 1/6/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one of my two favorite bronzers. I love how it's matte and truly brown; not orange like most other bronzers. And not to mention - it smells amazing :) I always take a sniff before application, haha.The packaging also has a mirror which comes in handy during application. Anyways, I mostly use this for contouring, but the color suits my skintone (NC30) well enough for me to be able to use it as a bronzing blush on my cheeks for a healthy-looking, sun-kissed look. It may be a bit pricey, but I've spent so much money on other useless bronzers that made me look so orange that I'm happy I finally found one that works.

on 12/25/2010 7:22:00 PM

I love this product. I find it difficult to find a bronzer that does not have some sort of orangy tint to it!! This is literally a flat deep matte brown, no shimmer, no glitter, no bells and whistles, just does what bronzers are meant to do. I use this to contour if I want a more dramatic look, or even on the apples of my cheeks to warm up my face without using a colored blush. I use this year round, and I really have not seen a bronzer out there that is this perfect shade, and silky smooth like this one. It blends like a dream and I highly recommend and will continue to buy!!! plus is smells like cholcolate!

on 12/5/2010 12:35:00 PM

i was never a fan of bronzers cuz they always made me look orange or were shimmery && i like matte bronzers with a shimmery highlight. soleil is a nice brown color with no orange tones! its really pigmented so its easy to look muddy, so i just buff it out. it smells so good and the packaging is super cute! this is good paired with too faced pink leopard. im around a nw20 but i think this would work on almost all skintones.

on 12/4/2010 10:19:00 PM

HG bronzer for me, i'm an NC42 and this is great. I don't like shimmer bronzers because i like to add my own shimmer/highlight etc if i want to. it's great for contouring, the perfect tan color on me. and the smell is SO GOOD. it's also super buildable, one swipe and you get a sheer color.

on 12/3/2010 5:18:00 PM

LOVE this! This is my HG bronzer. I use it for contouring and no other bronzer would do.I hated bronzers before I tried this because my skin tone is "porcelain doll" light. This looks great on me and I love that its matte, because I hate looking ridiculously sparkly. The smell is sooo yummy. It even tastes like chocolate -I know, why am I eating my makeup? Well, I wouldn't have dared to try it, but a girl on YouTube said it actually tasted like chocolate so I put it on my lips over my gloss for a nice tint. It makes sense that it smells and tastes like chocolate because if you look at the ingredients, you will see that they actually put cocoa powder in this product. I would buy this again and again. I'm so glad I've tried this. I originally got this in my Too Faced Glamour Revolution palette.

on 11/26/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No shimmer, awesome for contouring as well. It is incredibly perfumed and it lasts really long.

The packaging is really original!!

on 11/1/2010 6:19:00 PM

I have NEVER liked bronzers. I despise looking orange. But one day I asked a friend where she'd been for the weekend as she looked *sun-kissed* and she said she used a Sephora brand bronzer. I thought then that I should maybe give bronzers a try.... maybe they are better nowadays.

So I went to Sephora and said that I wanted to try a bronzer that would NOT make me look orange and WAS NOT sparkly. The woman showed me Too Face's Chocolate Soleil and I fell in love. It is perfect!! The chocolate smell makes it such a delight to put on! I brush it on daily with a powder brush over my cheeks and bridge of my nose (like blush) and sometimes a touch on my forehead.

This is the world's best bronzer. I'm convinced of that.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Bahama Mama

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose